Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Subjunctive posted:

The gifts could be purchased with people in mind, but be awaiting the recipient's birthday or Christmas or whatever. Plus you have to keep all those wrapping supplies somewhere.

Don't try and make the idea of a gift closet sound reasonable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/371889649/the-shrimp-cloud

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Does anybody have T-Paine's pulled pork meltdown handy? I can't find it but I never get tired of reading it

quote:

T-Paine posted:
pulled pork? PULLED PORK? YOU loving DUMB friend of the family. Do you loving know what it means to PULL pork?? HINT: IT DOES NOT INVOLVE SLICING AND STACKING ONTO A SANDWICH. CHRIST. IT INVOLVES LITTERALLY PULLING THE PORK APART INTO THIN NONUNIFORM STRIPS WHICH ARE THEN MIXED WITH A SAUCXE. A PULLED PORK SANDWICH!? gently caress. THIS friend of the family LOOKS AT A loving CRAB CAKE AND SLAPS HIS CURLED HAND INTO HIS CHEST CROOKS HIS LEG AND SAYS DURR THATS AN APPLE?? GET HTE gently caress OUT OF HERE

T-Paine posted:
JESUS poo poo I AM STILL loving APPAULED ABOUT "PULLED PROK? PULLED PROK?" ITS NOT A PULLED PORK SANDWICH. I CAN SEE MAYBE THINKING ITS A MILE HIGH STACKED PO BOY OR A RUEBEN. EMPERORJ, IM REVOKING YOUR TICKET TO BOARD THE MEATSHIP. ALL OF US WHO ARENT loving RETARDED WILL BE WAVING TO YOU ON THE DOCKS AS WE DISEMBARK, OUR FACES STUFFED WITH FOOD PRODUCTS WE CAN FujcKING IDENTIFY. I'LL BE HAVING A FRIED OYSTER SANDWICH, AND NO! THESE ARENT loving CHICKEN NUGeRTS. TRY PULLING A CHICKEN OUT OF THE WATER AND EATING IT RAW, FUCKSTICK! THAT CLUCKER WOULD BE FREAKING OUT ON YOU AND GETTING WATER AND FEATHER S EVERWHERE, WHILE ILL BE ENJOYING RAW OYSTERS BECAUSE KNOWING THINGS!! HOW NOVEL! LOOK, I READ A BOOK AND I CCAN loving FEED MYSELF! UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE WHOSE MOMS PROBABLY STILL CUT THEIR PORTERHOUSES BECAUSE YOUD GET GRISTLE ALL IN WITH YOUR MARBLE. GO STARVE IN THE WILD BECAUSE YOU ATE SOMETHING THAT TURNED OUT TO BE POISONOUS BECAUSE HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING. BASIC SANDWICH KNOWLEDGE!!

T-Paine posted:
NEVER HAD A PULLED PORK SANDWICH?? LOOKS LIKE ITS TIME FOR BABBYS FIRST loving SANDWICH. GET A CLUE, NEOPHYTE. AROUND HERE WE SLOW COOK OUR PORK UNTIL ITS TENDER ENOUGH TO FALL OFF THE BONE--UYES! PIGS HAVE BONES!!--AND SMOTHER THAT poo poo IN BBW SAUCE UNTIL ITS DONE TO PERFECTION. SLAP IT ON A BUN AND THATS ALL YOU NEED. OH WAIT, YOU ALSO NEED TO KNOW HOW TO BITE AND CHEW AND SWALLOW It, GUESS WE BETTER NOT LET YOU NEAR THE PULLED PORK! MAYBE YOUD CHOKE BECAUSE YOUD BE EXPECTING A GOD drat HAMBUGER. COME TO THE SOUTH, I DARE YOU. YOU WOULD NOT LAST SECOND IN MY HOME TOWN WITH THAT KIND OF poo poo. PWOPLW AROUND HERE WOULD SPOT YOU AS A FAKE THE MOMENT YOU OPENED UP YOUR DIRTYY GOD drat MOUTH AND STARTED SPOUNTING OFF ABOUT poo poo YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT. YOUD WALK AROUND LIKE "LOOK! THAT'S DEFINATELY BUFFALO CHICKEN BREAST!" AND THE DUDE NEXT TO YOU WOULD LOWER HIS SUNGLASSES AND TAKE ONE LOOK AND JUST WALK THE gently caress AWAY. IT MAY BE YOUR BROTHER OR A CLOSE FRIEND BUT HE WOULD STILL DO IT BECAUSE MEAT. IS. YOUR. SAVIOR.

T-Paine posted:
THaANK YOU. FINALLY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THE gently caress. 'SUP FELLOW MEAT EATER? SUP FELLOW MEAT GOON WHO KNOWS THINGS. IVE BEEN SITTING HERE STEWING (!!!) FOR AN HOUR ABOUT THIS DOOFUS WHO DOESNT KNOW WHAT PULLED PORK IS. IM GOING TO FUNNEL STEAMING HOT PULLED PORK INTO HIS rear end WITH A TRAFFIC CONE, THEN MAYBE HED UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CURED OR SALTED MEAT SANDWICHES. BY THE WAY, I MUST COMPLIMENT YOUR CHOICE OF IMAGERY---YOUR PASTRAMI IS ESPECIALLY PRODIGIOUS AND THE PULLED PORK IS A RELEVEANT DISTINCTION. HOW THE gently caress COULD THIS rear end in a top hat CONFUSE THE TWO? THE SANDWICHES LITERALLY COUld NOT BE MORE DIVERGENT IN TEXTURE AND APPEARCANCE. IM GOING TO ASSUME THAT HE JUST REALLY LIKES FRYING poo poo INSTEAD OF BARBEQUING IT BECAUSE THATS THE ONLY WAY ILL BE ABLE TO SLEEP.

"gently caress, now I really want a pulled pork sandwich"

T-Paine posted:
WHO DOESN'T? OH YEAH, PRICKSUCKERS WHO DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE. THEY SAY IF YOU NEVER HAD IT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE MISSING. YEAH WELL EMPERORJ MAY NOT KNOW A THING BUT drat IF HE DOESNT RUB HIS oval office IGNORANCE IN OUR FACES AND MAKE LIFE MISERABLE FOR US. BTW I FUNNELLED IT UP HIS AS LIKE I SAID I WOULD AND HE KNOWS WHAT IT IS NOW. HOW YOU ASK!? HIS HEAD WAS UP THERE ALREADY SO HE ATe IT JUST FINE!! HOLY CHRIST

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I lost it at "bbw sauce"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Solice Kirsk posted:

Wrapping supplies should always be stored in the Gift Wrapping Room. The hell is wrong with you?

I was raised poor, I'm still catching up.

Crane Fist posted:

Don't try and make the idea of a gift closet sound reasonable

Benefit of the doubt is sort of my gimmick.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I never knew what a gift closet and just assumed it was some kind of bourgeoisie basic-rear end bitch thing that everyone else knew and I never outed my lack of knowledge because I would be viciously mocked on this most brutal forum and really this whole conversation is a huge weight off my shoulders.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Clitch posted:

Christ, you Ninnies. If you can't gather the forethought to buy enough hooch before Midnight, then you deserve to go to bed sober, taking a hard look, as each trip 'round the sun is a more miserable and futile attempt than the last.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Well that's amazing.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The electron thread in D&D is a pretty great pun thread so far.

redneck nazgul posted:

speaking of polarized topics,

israel

Flowers For Algeria posted:

you idiot electrons aren't jewish, they have mass

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

221 backers pledged $1,711 to help bring this project to life.

What?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

One backer gave him 45 bucks or more! What the hell.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you have enough money that you don't have to worry about it, you can do a lot worse than pledging to kickstarters that make you laugh. It's like the modern day equivalent of Elvis going around writing checks to people he met on the street.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Smythe posted:

ppl in the past must have been fkin stupid or something *vapes mysterious chemicals manufactured in completely unregulated chinese factory reminiscent of the factory zone from sonic the hedghog but with human trafficking instead of golden rings*

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

1stGear posted:

I never knew what a gift closet and just assumed it was some kind of bourgeoisie basic-rear end bitch thing that everyone else knew and I never outed my lack of knowledge because I would be viciously mocked on this most brutal forum and really this whole conversation is a huge weight off my shoulders.

If you ever become married to a lady you will learn they have differing needs than yours.

Mine recently informed me that we absolutely need to purchase and own a "blanket chest" immediately. This is not a thing that would ever have occurred to me in a hundred thousand lifetimes.

On the flip side I recently warned her that if she sees a weird charge on the credit card its because I needed to have the Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel DLC so I think we're tied.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Outrail posted:

221 backers pledged $1,711 to help bring this project to life.

What?

Welp, gotta go set up that white wine kickstarter.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

1stGear posted:

The electron thread in D&D is a pretty great pun thread so far.

already gassed, unfortunately.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

yeah i get the same thing

do you get more messages now than you did as scalded schlong

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Rough Lobster posted:

If you ever become married to a lady you will learn they have differing needs than yours.

Mine recently informed me that we absolutely need to purchase and own a "blanket chest" immediately. This is not a thing that would ever have occurred to me in a hundred thousand lifetimes.

On the flip side I recently warned her that if she sees a weird charge on the credit card its because I needed to have the Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel DLC so I think we're tied.

A cardboard box filled with blankets is automatically a blanket box. You're welcome.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There comes a point in a person's life where cardboard boxes stop counting as furniture.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Blankets are valuable enough to belong in a chest

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Snooze Cruise posted:

There is definitely a point in one's life when this becomes true. A nice looking comfy-rear end blanket deserves a chest to sit in when it's summer and you don't need it.

That point is probably the same point when spending $50 on extremely comfortable socks seems like a genuinely good and responsible use of your money.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Snooze Cruise posted:

Houses come with these integrated chests called cupboards nowadays.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Outrail posted:

I'm not storing my blankey in the kitchen man. maybe a closet but not by the salt n pepper.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Outrail posted:

Maybe I want to have a chest in my house, dogg. I don't have any treasure though but it's a nice place to store blankets.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RyokoTK posted:

There is definitely a point in one's life when this becomes true. A nice looking comfy-rear end blanket deserves a chest to sit in when it's summer and you don't need it.

That point is probably the same point when spending $50 on extremely comfortable socks seems like a genuinely good and responsible use of your money.

The day I learnt the value of a good blanket was the day I was born:colbert:.

Yet still i fail to see the point of a nice blanket chest vs. A nice cupboard.

For me nice, ornate cupboard would win every time.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Soiled Meat
Are you guys seriously furnishing with chests? I'd never, I say. I hope you do remember to check the direction of the chain, and to give it a solid thwack with your off arm before opening to retrieve your sordid socks or whatever. You scrublords do you not see that you are inviting doom to your house???

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Re: anonymous avatar buyers labeling people as "retards"

Wrist Watch posted:

I feel like on one hand there's a valid point to be made about this because it's an actual problem, but at the same time these are the same forums that produced a 9/11 tribute video set to yakety sax.

Death Bot posted:

That event, at 15 years old, is actually exactly old enough to still find it funny to call someone a retard on the internet.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Karate Bastard posted:

Are you guys seriously furnishing with chests? I'd never, I say. I hope you do remember to check the direction of the chain, and to give it a solid thwack with your off arm before opening to retrieve your sordid socks or whatever. You scrublords do you not see that you are inviting doom to your house???

I bet on Etsy or Pinterest there is someone that has built a replica mimic.

And if it was a solidly built oak or cedar chest you could certainly justify selling it for five hundred bucks.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

Wife walks in to find you staring pensively at the blanket chest across the room, watching for it to breathe

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Soiled Meat
In real life though gentle movement of the lid is often caused by fermentation gasses released by sordid old socks in the chest's innards, which is also associated with a faint breathing sound. Point still stands tho don't open that poo poo either.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Twelve years ago, my posts about the future collapse of the American system were hailed by all here in the former DnD. Admins like EPG and the rest recognized that what I had to say had merit.

But the new crowd of spiteful shitheads with psychiatric conditions like Fishmech, Obdicut, and the rest of the casual dipshits in CSPAM refused to hear my message. They told me that I needed to seek therapy. I am publicly offering to help pay for the therapy of both Obdicut and Fishmech, should they PM me, apologize, and ask for the help they so desperately need.

I have preached a single message, without variation, on these forums for years: your stupid complacent belief that liberalism within the system can defeat the monster of narrativist Conservative insanity is not just foolish, but dangerous. I'm not just here to gloat, as I remember DnD gloating over those who toxxed for Romney in 2012, or Ron Paul in 2008. I'm here to remind you that there was always someone here who was CORRECT about what Trump meant for this country.

When I toxxed for Trump, it wasn't out of some idea that he would be GOOD for America. No, I knew that Trump meant DEATH TO AMERICA, and that those who underestimated the power of his appeal were just loving corncobbed losers. I took a lot of abuse for calling out these over-confident bastards, who have led many of you to a position of extreme insecurity.

When Baloogan called for people to repent of Trump, I repented. Why? Because I knew the tide had turned. Now I knew that it was not faith in Trump, but faith in Hillary that meant DEATH TO AMERICA. So I reversed my position. Oh, I joined you all, so you could traipse towards this night. Toxxed or not toxxed, banned or not banned, my single point is this: there has been only one person to see through all of the bullshit in this years-long presidential race, and it was me.

I do not care if I get banned for this post; I've suffered total scorn for years for maintaining one simple position:

All of you have been far too cocksure about being able to solve the problems of America from within the system. You believed if you simply played the role of principled opponent to a rising ideology of hate that cared nothing for facts, reality, or the good of all, that you were certain to win. You were wrong. I'm sorry for your butthurt and your hurt feelings, but you had to learn somehow. And I'm the person who has brought a consistent message for all these years.

In fact, the only solution that can fight the rising tide of right-wing, fact-annihilating extremism in this country is called accelerationism. Idiots like Obdicut and Fishmech, because of their psychiatric problems, have comforted you, and told you that I was insane. In fact, there is a giant tide of terrible people with terrible ideas who have risen up in your nation, with the total intent to annihilate the ideas you hold dear.

It's thanks to Prester Jane that I have really understood your opponents, the narrativists. They do not care about your humanity, and they do not care about your logic. They only care about absolutely annihilating you with the maximum force immediately, in order to secure perfect security for their ideas and those who are perfectly like them.

For years I have said that America will die because we have not suffered enough.

Now, because you acted like I was insane, you will suffer. My guiding hope has been that my message would be sufficient to guide you WHILE you suffer. Yes, things are about to be terrible. No matter who wins this election, America is on the verge of collapse.

Your fervent action is nothing in the face of the unreason of the opposing party. They are like an unbeatable MMA fighter; they are ready to fight you, lean into you, beat you, drag you to the floor, ANYTHING, as long as combat resolves the situation, and both sides believe in fighting for victory. You must not fight them. You must not lean into their force, their aggression, their inevitable viciousness.

Instead, you must allow THEM to be their own undoing.

There is a reason that nobody names their children Adolf any more.

There is a reason that the label "Nazi" is still not embraced in this world. Only by allowing the worst among you to fully display their horrible intentions, only by ALLOWING them to perpetrate the worst of the horrors they have in mind, do you have the slightest chance of fully rooting out the horror that lives and thrives among you.

If this were not a thriving horror, how else would you account for the results of this election?

No, you must absorb the worst of their abuse. You must say to them, "Yes, I ALLOW you to be what you are, but I allow it with full knowledge that what you are is EVIL. And if you kill me, and my children, because I have said that I allow you to be, and say YOU ARE DEATH TO AMERICA, then you only prove your own evil. I trust that those who witness me will break out of their stupor and refuse to continue the viciousness you have created."

I expect to be killed for what I say. I expect no less. I am just a pseudonym to you, and care to be nothing more. I want no fame for stating, out loud, what the new message of rebellion looks and sounds like.

I only hope that you will not go like sheep to the slaughter. We have what the victim populations of the Nazi genocide only wish they had: a means of communication that will allow us to not only stand up and die together in defiance, but a means to communicate the horrors they perpetrate around the globe, and an ability to tell the world as we are slaughtered, "You must eventually turn away from the evil you have embraced, and realized that our sacrifice, our willingness to be the victims of your scorn and violence, was all done in order that you might learn."

My willingness to be the victim of your scorn and rejection, my willingness to cling to my message was all done in order that you might learn.

There is no other path but the resistance of acceleration. We cannot destroy the forces that oppose us by standing up and leaning against them; in doing so, we only prop them up.

We MUST accept the brutal force of their domination, absorb it, let ourselves and our children and our loved ones be the sacrificial victims, and bet on one thing:

We must bet that humanity has risen to a state of moral awareness that it cannot tolerate domination and oppression any more.
We must bet that we can be the leaders of a new movement of humanity that defies ALL DOMINATION, ALL LORDSHIP, ALL DOGMA, and ALL POWER OVER.
We must bet that the rest of the world longs for a world where the old brutalities are gone.

The world we fight for must be one of abundance, in the face of the scarcity they try to enforce, long after its time of usefulness is done.

The world we fight for must be one of compromise, in the face of their crushing ideology that demands conformity.

The world we fight for must be one of power-with, and NOT power-over; it is our duty to PROVE that the time for lordship and domination is over.

We must fight for the world we wish to see, and not merely sit back and believe it will fall into our laps, but most terribly, we must fight in the way that does not allow our opponents the luxury of a "principled opponent".

You were wrong.

Principled opposition can do nothing against an enemy that has forsaken all reason.

We must be their victims, and must let our suffering accelerate the pace of their brutality. We must hope that the human race we claim to be part of has grown enough past its brutal beginnings to step beyond what these brutes have to offer.

We MUST ACCELERATE the pace at which they prove their ideology to be outdated, undesirable, and unusable: lordship, domination, profit, power-over, and dogma must all be shown to be horrors, as they really are.

In their place, we must, in rebellion, creat a society outside and beside theirs, in which there is only abundance, only power-with, only freedom, only allowance. I cannot dictate the world that you must build. You must find it for yourself.

All I know is that time is short. Do it now, or do it never. Feel free to ignore me. Many other worlds and societies have been presented with this option and rejected it as a madman's rantings. But if you DO accept it, and are willing to undergo the terrible trials and subjugations which the dominators among you wish to inflict upon you, transcendence is available to you at this point in your evolution.

I am only a "certain traveler" sent among you. My time is short. But if you take up this cause, you may see the advent of what you might call a "heaven on earth", the end of earthly suffering, and the transcendence of your life beyond the boundaries of what you call reality.

Or, as is usual, you can mock me, and perish.

-QV, A Certain Traveler

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SomeMathGuy posted:

Mark Trail Meets My Overwhelming Need to Maintain a Regular Routine as a Method of Combating Anxiety

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Picard Day posted:

Well SMG America just let the loving wookie win. I will love you forever for opening my eyes to a world of filmic artistry that changed literally everything for me (alongside many other insightful CD'ers but you were first and best) about how I viewed cinema, art, and life in general but now I finally feel this understanding of your concept of freedom fully and thank you and despise you for it.

There is nothing in my being now but the knowledge of what I allowed to happen and the knowledge that I didn't do more (enough) to stop it. Palpatine wins because Palpatine wins (my phone tried to AC this to Palestine which is loving next level trolling me.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

I'm also so smart about movies that I can only compare events to Star Wars.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Improbable Lobster posted:

Be honest: who else had a bunch of those trite "This is how democracy dies... with thunderous applause" loving Padme quotes making GBS threads up their facebook today?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Breetai posted:

Be honest: who else had a bunch of those trite "This is how democracy dies... with thunderous applause" loving Padme quotes making GBS threads up their facebook today?

I was thinking more that this is what it must have felt like when the Rome finally went into collapse.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

well, it could be worse, you could be an actual pundit.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

well, it could be worse, you could be an actual pundit.

All those old boomers in the rust belt, listening to Hamilton while reading Harry Potter.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Who the gently caress is Hamilton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Hihohe posted:

Who the gently caress is Hamilton?