Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

I hope there's a secret throwing style that's actually a pool cue

me too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

TFRazorsaw posted:

So Alola Sandslash's Slush Rush ability makes it speed up while in Hail.

It's a blue quilled creature with the ability to move at high speeds.

Hm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

This was made a few months back

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Funkmaster General posted:

I'm on a N3ds XL and yeah, the game runs buttery smooth in 1v1 battles but immediately chugs as soon as 3 or more pokemon are on screen. 2v1 when an opponent calls for help aren't too bad but it is noticeable. Totem battles (the aura seems to also cause issues) and battle royales are total poo poo shows. I weep for the people playing on old 3DS systems.

Does Luma n3DS overclocking do anything for this?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

dodrio has base 110 speed now and jump kick+swords dance access

cool

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
So did Eviolite really get nerfed to a 1.2x boost?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I want AZ's pokeball throwing style.

"Eh, here's a pokemon. I don't care. I'm 3,000 years old and this isn't my Floette."

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Would this be the place to ask for a Kadabra -> Alakazam trade and possibly a Water Stone, or is that strictly the trading thread?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Classtoise posted:

Would this be the place to ask for a Kadabra -> Alakazam trade and possibly a Water Stone, or is that strictly the trading thread?

this thread is exclusively for inane pokemon shitposting only

but yeah, you'll be better off in the trading thread though someone here might help you out.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Zodack posted:

this thread is exclusively for inane pokemon shitposting only

but yeah, you'll be better off in the trading thread though someone here might help you out.

I'm in no rush :shobon: I just realized how late it was anyway so I'll probably pop over there tomorrow after work and bug people.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mantine got a 20 base hp buff and roost 👌

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Emalde posted:

I haven't actually tried that. I'll test it out next time I am about to start a totem battle.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Thwack! posted:

Not confirmed or debunked yet.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

hey thread what in your opinion is the weirdest change a pokemon undergoes when evolving?

A pearl into two eels

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

hey thread what in your opinion is the weirdest change a pokemon undergoes when evolving? while there's some that drastically change (magikarp > gyarados, trapinch > vibrava etc.) there are at least thematic reasons behind them. but then there's stuff like shroomish > breloom, and aside from retaining the mushroom theme, i don't see how they're connected at all. why would this random mushroom turn into a boxing kangaroo??

Snorunt into Glalie or Froslass. Never made much sense to me. Or larvitar's line. Not to sure why pupitar exists.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

The way the tip of Trumbeak's beak curls open like it was a pair of lips during its generic attack animation is really upsetting.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Nessa posted:

I have never seen them as such. I just see a remora and an octopus.

Once you realize it you'll never be able to unsee it. Octillery isn't a tank though, it's an artillery cannon. Four arms to lock it in place and then a cannon mouth.

e: Also Mantine has Remoraids under its wings. It's a fighter jet with guns.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Stufful (Bewear prevo) has a care instructions tag on his rear end.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

LAY-ZX posted:

Once you realize it you'll never be able to unsee it. Octillery isn't a tank though, it's an artillery cannon. Four arms to lock it in place and then a cannon mouth.

e: Also Mantine has Remoraids under its wings. It's a fighter jet with guns.

I still just see a fish.

If anything, it's a fish first, and a gun second.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

its equal parts fish and gun. the perfect blend

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It's a gun. It has the shape, it has Sniper as an ability, and it's Pokedex entries talk about how it shoots down prey.

less laughter posted:

A pearl into two eels

This one still confuses me.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Nessa posted:

I still just see a fish.

If anything, it's a fish first, and a gun second.

I mean yeah it swims around like a fish doing fish things, but it's also very unambiguously designed after a gun and the evolution line isn't meant to be interpreted as "fish into octopus" but rather "marine life-based gun into marine life-based cannon"

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Funkmaster General posted:

Stufful (Bewear prevo) has a care instructions tag on his rear end.

What are the instructions? Is it machine washable and dry-able?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Emalde posted:

Trip report: Sort of. It makes it better (or seems to, may be a placebo effect) but does not eliminate the slowdown.

E: Seems to still struggle with wide, sweeping camera shots with more than two pokemon on screen.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 10, 2016

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Mew looked mean for a second and that's WRONG :saddowns:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dexie posted:

It's a gun. It has the shape, it has Sniper as an ability, and it's Pokedex entries talk about how it shoots down prey.

it even pulls the trigger and shoots with blowback like a gun

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

cancerianmoth posted:

Snorunt into Glalie or Froslass. Never made much sense to me. Or larvitar's line. Not to sure why pupitar exists.

Look at the colours on Tyranitar. Pupitar is its belly. The evolution line is Larvitar building a giant mech version of itself.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It really goes to show how (much) animation can give character to a Pokemon.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I beat the main scenario. 25 hours 27 minutes playing at a fast pace with only one party wipeout late game.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

less laughter posted:

it even pulls the trigger and shoots with blowback like a gun

This is actually a really neat animation. Bravo animator.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Supremezero posted:

Politoed can't even get OU anymore, I don't see how Pelipper would.
uh thats cuz they just banned drizzle to OU, politoed is basically OU with drizzle allowed. pelliper will 100% be OU now

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Smogon is ridiculous, they banned loving Bibarel. Its a shame the games themselves don't do proper 6v6 instead.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Avalerion posted:

Smogon is ridiculous, they banned loving Bibarel. Its a shame the games themselves don't do proper 6v6 instead.

they banned moody

like 5 years ago

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I prefer the other Pikachu one:

https://twitter.com/pokemon_PhD/status/796576408785002496

Honestly, between this and literally throwing the mouse for great damage, Pikachu did well this generation. Raichu even got thrown a nice bone this time.

Good times all around for the mascot line.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Avalerion posted:

bibarel is explicitly not banned

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sharrrk posted:

its equal parts fish and gun. the perfect blend

they said it couldn't be done

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Avalerion posted:

Goon baby complaining about Smogon doesn't know anything about smogon or their bans. Big shocker, imo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Datamining suggests only female Salandit evolve and from my own time so far, they're probably 87.5% male, which sucks because Salazzle looks really good in game.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Thwack! posted:

My friend Scyther will rise

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Datamining suggests only female Salandit evolve and from my own time so far, they're probably 87.5% male, which sucks because Salazzle looks really good in game.

Cute Charm it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Heh, I didn't know that was a thing, but that does make that easily solved.

Poké Pelago is interesting. Kinda funny too cos you need lots of Pokémon to put in your box solely so you can unlock the next rank of upgrades and feeding them is only encouraged. Yay for slave labour??