Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

negromancer posted:

LMFAO I've ALWAYS had an exit strategy.

Let me tell you something: living in a country virtually all black, its such a transformative thing. You don't realize how oppressive white supremacy is until you don't have it anymore.

It's like poverty. When your poor and broke and robbing Peter to pay Paul, most of your thoughts are occupied with your poverty. But once you're financially stable, so much brain space is freed up.

Same thing. You get to live as your authentic black self, and its one of those things that is just amazing to do.

What does living as your authentic black self mean, and how does it differ from simply living as a human being?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

OwlFancier posted:

Policy wise it's rarely both, and usually neither, and that's criminal, the sooner politicians realise the need for both the better.

The problem is people will tear down their safety nets to avoid sharing them with people of colour. There is a history of this, of stepping on immigration, and the neocons who use that division to tear down both to the cheers of those who only want one.

Racism is what holds back progress on both.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

What does living as your authentic black self mean, and how does it differ from simply living as a human being?

There's an implicit comparison being made to the black self that is permissible in a white society. It struck me as obvious.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

Maybe watch the Negrotown skit that the thread is named after, and then come back and mull over your question a bit.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Holy poo poo I hope any of you are reading the election thread and reporting the incredible amounts of shittery going on because I'm out.

I should register an alt.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 10, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Nevvy Z posted:

Holy poo poo I hope any of you are reading the election thread and reporting the incredible amounts of shittery going on because I'm out.

I should register an alt.

Sorry It's after 6PM we aren't allowed anywhere but these two threads this late at night.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Dexo posted:

Sorry It's after 6PM we aren't allowed anywhere but these two threads this late at night.

The streetlights are on, we're in the house!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Secular Humanist posted:

People really want it to be okay to be super racist toward white people for some reason.

White people have been very good at causing misery for others.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
A good read

http://verysmartbrothas.com/i-will-never-underestimate-white-peoples-need-to-preserve-whiteness-again/

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

So yeah, now that I ma good'n drunk, I am gonna share a little bit of what I saw today. I think I mentioned earlier that I am a substitute teacher, well today I had an assignment at a majority Hispanic and black school. My day consisted of a dozen and a half kids asking if they and their families are going to be deported, and one student had a panic attack cause she feared she or someone in her family would be lynched cause of Trump winning. gently caress this loving country. These were loving sixth graders. Oh, and one of the white teachers had the nerve to state at the lunch table that white privilege is crap and that she had to work her rear end off to get where she was.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Hey, a good friend of mine was just beaten and robbed in San Antonio. Please stay safe all you guys. I wish my race wasn't so loving poo poo. I really wish we weren't.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

LunarShadow posted:

So yeah, now that I ma good'n drunk, I am gonna share a little bit of what I saw today. I think I mentioned earlier that I am a substitute teacher, well today I had an assignment at a majority Hispanic and black school. My day consisted of a dozen and a half kids asking if they and their families are going to be deported, and one student had a panic attack cause she feared she or someone in her family would be lynched cause of Trump winning. gently caress this loving country. These were loving sixth graders. Oh, and one of the white teachers had the nerve to state at the lunch table that white privilege is crap and that she had to work her rear end off to get where she was.

Same here, only add poo poo head rich white kids wearing MAGA hats and teasing minority kids. gently caress.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
My girlfriend is student teaching at a minority-majority school and it was the same thing there. The little girls cried. I'm heartbroken for them.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Forceholy posted:

Same here, only add poo poo head rich white kids wearing MAGA hats and teasing minority kids. gently caress.

I'm glad I'm not in high school, at least not the one I went to for my junior and senior year. I would have probably been suspended for a week today for knocking some white kids head the gently caress off their shoulders.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

negromancer posted:

Maybe watch the Negrotown skit that the thread is named after, and then come back and mull over your question a bit.

nice to know the mods dont give a poo poo about what redtitles retards give out :v:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Race Realists posted:

nice to know the mods dont give a poo poo about what redtitles retards give out :v:

They're just happy we are contained tbh

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

My sister and best friend teach at a minority-majority and majority school respectively, and told me completely different events. My friend even said a lot of his black students stayed home and he doesn't blame them one bit based on what he heard would be done to them.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

negromancer posted:

I'm glad I'm not in high school, at least not the one I went to for my junior and senior year. I would have probably been suspended for a week today for knocking some white kids head the gently caress off their shoulders.

This was Middle School. It's only gonna get worse.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
An entire generation of little white kids are being poisoned by their parents and raised in a culture of normalization. Trump will be their role model.

I've never been more grateful to have had Obama as my President during my formative years.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

bobjr posted:

My sister and best friend teach at a minority-majority and majority school respectively, and told me completely different events. My friend even said a lot of his black students stayed home and he doesn't blame them one bit based on what he heard would be done to them.

I went to a majority school and I would have kicked their dicks in the dirt. I had little patience for people when I was younger AND I was super into boxing back then. I wanted to win the golden gloves but all my mom let me do was train and spar :(

But I joined the Marine Corps Boxing Team and started knocking fuckers out.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My cousin is seriously considering moving up to Canada, which she can because she has dual citizenship, but her husband does not.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Gaunab posted:

You guys should defend yourselves in GBS.

This is a good way to lose your sanity.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

blackguy32 posted:

This is a good way to lose your sanity.

I've actually never been in GBS or FYAD, but if D&D is the highest level of discourse people on this board are capable of, we are definitely turbofucked and I'm glad I'm leaving this shithole.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

negromancer posted:

I went to a majority school and I would have kicked their dicks in the dirt. I had little patience for people when I was younger AND I was super into boxing back then. I wanted to win the golden gloves but all my mom let me do was train and spar :(

But I joined the Marine Corps Boxing Team and started knocking fuckers out.

From what I heard from my friend today it sounds like Trump winning basically taught these kids it's okay to treat black people like poo poo, and there will be no consequences. Like I keep hearing people saying we need to wait and see what happens, but even a few years of this could just destroy their lives.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Protip: black posters don't go to GBS it's a cesspit of Trumpists and brogressives, 100 times worse than here. You'll be very upset. I was. :smith:

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

bobjr posted:

From what I heard from my friend today it sounds like Trump winning basically taught these kids it's okay to treat black people like poo poo, and there will be no consequences. Like I keep hearing people saying we need to wait and see what happens, but even a few years of this could just destroy their lives.

I think these white kids gonna find out real life ain't like the internet and we are not our grandparents.

We'll knock you the gently caress out and spit on your moms.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Protip: black posters don't go to GBS it's a cesspit of Trumpists and brogressives, 100 times worse than here. You'll be very upset. I was. :smith:

So the GBS of five years ago? Hell, E/N used to be better back then too, but now it's full of self-righteous progressive whose advice appeals to wishful thinking instead of reality.

negromancer posted:

I think these white kids gonna find out real life ain't like the internet and we are not our grandparents.

And then they'll start to bring guns.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

negromancer posted:

And sadly that's how the racist white kid gets away with it and black kid gets an automatic expulsion for violence (even if the white kid threw the first punch)

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Trabisnikof posted:

And sadly that's how the racist white kid gets away with it and black kid gets an automatic expulsion for violence (even if the white kid threw the first punch)

To be fair, black people need to be homeschooling our children anyways. I know homeschooling is a lot, but it is a community effort, white politicians are gutting the gently caress out of school systems that have minorities in it in metro areas across the country.

I'm just thinking maybe it's time to stop allowing our oppressor to also educate our children.

Seems kinda rear end backwards.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Lightning Knight posted:

Gbs is mostly being honest about the very real criticism that we lost a freebie election against trump of all people by doubling down on purity over admitting that we need the economically disadvantaged white vote to be part of the democratic coalition.

You can get mad at gbs or you can accept that they mostly voted in favor of liberal candidates and it doesn't help to scapegoat them.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I know why you do it, but the advocation of charter schools and homeschooling in the black community makes me really sad.

Like you guys are right the public schools have utterly failed you. It's just also exactly what the conservatives want. :smith:

Edit: ^ hey, you, take that poo poo to USPOL where it belongs.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Gbs is mostly being honest about the very real criticism that we lost a freebie election against trump of all people by doubling down on purity over admitting that we need the economically disadvantaged white vote to be part of the democratic coalition.

You can get mad at gbs or you can accept that they mostly voted in favor of liberal candidates and it doesn't help to scapegoat them.

Yeah gently caress the economically disadvantaged. The reason why they are in the hosed up position they are in is because they moved out to the sticks specifically to get away from minorities, set up factories out there, denied jobs and entries to unions to minorities, and now that the republican shitheads they voted for for 40 years on the promise of keeping white supremacy alive has robbed them blind and left them stuck in their poo poo towns with nothing but heroin needles and grain liquor, NOW we are supposed to take pity on them.

gently caress. Them.

They voted for one thing, and one thing only, and that's the restoration of Whiteness to its former glory, and they don't give a poo poo what they have to give up to get it, even if it's the entire planet. That's how much being white is worth to them, literally the future of everyone on Earth, because a life without white supremacy and privilege is not a life worth living.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Lightning Knight posted:

I know why you do it, but the advocation of charter schools and homeschooling in the black community makes me really sad.

Like you guys are right the public schools have utterly failed you. It's just also exactly what the conservatives want. :smith:

Edit: ^ hey, you, take that poo poo to USPOL where it belongs.

I didn't say poo poo about charter schools, that's just privatizing our oppression. Homeschooling, as in not getting taught bullshit from white people who want to gloss over all of their fuckery, but the actual truth of things. No celebrating Columbus Day, but learning the truth about him.

Real poo poo.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

negromancer posted:

I didn't say poo poo about charter schools, that's just privatizing our oppression. Homeschooling, as in not getting taught bullshit from white people who want to gloss over all of their fuckery, but the actual truth of things. No celebrating Columbus Day, but learning the truth about him.

Real poo poo.

I know you didn't but some do. Cory Booker for example.

I agree. Columbus Day is a travesty. I want to teach real history. Too bad I'll probably never get to now.

Like I said I totally understand saying gently caress it and pulling your kids out to homeschool. It just makes me sad it got to this point. Kids deserve so much better.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

negromancer posted:

Yeah gently caress the economically disadvantaged. The reason why they are in the hosed up position they are in is because they moved out to the sticks specifically to get away from minorities, set up factories out there, denied jobs and entries to unions to minorities, and now that the republican shitheads they voted for for 40 years on the promise of keeping white supremacy alive has robbed them blind and left them stuck in their poo poo towns with nothing but heroin needles and grain liquor, NOW we are supposed to take pity on them.

gently caress. Them.

They voted for one thing, and one thing only, and that's the restoration of Whiteness to its former glory, and they don't give a poo poo what they have to give up to get it, even if it's the entire planet. That's how much being white is worth to them, literally the future of everyone on Earth, because a life without white supremacy and privilege is not a life worth living.

Yeah these are a lot of fair views I don't mean to undermine and I legit thought I was posting in the uspol thread to begin with, I don't think here is an appropriate place to start this particular discussion and I apologize for it. I was tabbing back and forth, saw the comment, and thought it was worth pointing out that the venting over there was more people being mad that we lost and discussing their own interpretations as to why but had I realized which thread I was in I would have just left it be.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Lightning Knight posted:

I know you didn't but some do. Cory Booker for example.

I agree. Columbus Day is a travesty. I want to teach real history. Too bad I'll probably never get to now.

Like I said I totally understand saying gently caress it and pulling your kids out to homeschool. It just makes me sad it got to this point. Kids deserve so much better.

Yes, kids deserve to be educated with other black children by the black adults in their neighborhood, get exposed to different jobs, careers, and skill sets, and not be forced into a school system that pushes them through like a manufacturing plant.

The way we educate children period in this country is fuckin awful. If I have children, I want them to succeed with critical thinking abilities and not even up like a lot of these people on this dead gay somewhat black comedy forum.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Man KM and gf both got their own black threads. I gotta find some corner of blackness I can make my own.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I don't really know what community education would look like. For it to work out well it would require a lot of investment, engagement, and for participating adults to have some degree of general knowledge enough to effectively give kids a good, broad K-8 type education in terms of basic knowledge coverage and social development.

I feel like the notion would be interesting but it would be a hard start in impoverished black neighborhoods. More affluent black people could probably do it though.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Basically, a majority of the electoral votes has accepted giving up on liberal democracy, despite constant chances to heal.

All because they'd rather keep me a rare success to bludgeon other black people with rather than heal the original American sin of White Supremacy by including us all.

I don't want to be in this situation, but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009
Why have white rear end cities like Seattle and Portland made Columbus day into Indigenous people day, but New York hasn't?

• Locked thread