Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

out of codes, might buy more for early x-mas presents for y'all. They're quite cheap anyways

-nvm I'm an idiot and got a bunch for super cheap

If you didn't get three codes from me or still need to unlock that execute let me know. I'll send you two more if I already sent you three and you still need to unlock what you want.

:homebrew:

I have had codes once from you but "only" got sent 2, so I qualify for more? :v:

You are truly giant robot santa.

E: woops I missed an entire page of posts, ignore if I'm way too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Antoine Silvere posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0YGYTzTgmc

Moments like this are why I love this game :allears:

loving looooool

I was thinking "drat he made it from all the way across the map?!" That part was impressive!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

drat everyone coming out of the woodwork

Dude, why are you paying for codes? They're printed on the outside of chip bags.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Played through the campaign and a few hours of multi, this game is Hella Good. Hungering for more, but have to get past this workday first!

Would love to get a code if there's any left, I live in a poo poo country that doesn't have any gamerfuel with codes for sale.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

el B posted:

Dude, why are you paying for codes? They're printed on the outside of chip bags.

Cause I'm not a goon? What am I gonna dig through taco bells trash for a chance at a free ps4 like some savage

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'd love some codes too please.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Smart Pistol status:

Still good at the best thing it's used for (I ran over to the extraction and killed the last 2 pilots hiding out, take a guess who they were)

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Insert name here posted:

Smart Pistol status:

Still good at the best thing it's used for (I ran over to the extraction and killed the last 2 pilots hiding out, take a guess who they were)

:discourse:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Best part is the guy who complained about me not being able to aim 1) mag-dumped at me during the entire lock-on and missed me and 2) here's him missing me with the 40mm while I'm loving hovering using the Archer, which is basically the easiest shot ever:

(no I have no clue why the dimensions from the VLC screen-cap are 1600x930)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

We had a really good consistent group of 5-6 tonight for 4-5 hours. (PS4) Trying to make it a nightly thing. Just FYI :kiddo:

I don't drink but seems like the minimum BAC is about .12-.16

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014
After asking for Dew codes, I now realise I haven't got private messages unlocked on this account, so sorry about that! I don't know if they got sent anyway and are sitting in an inaccessible inbox, but if so I'm sure someone else would love them.

Thanks anyway!

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

:swoon: Devotion :swoon:

i cant believe i was using that piece of garbage spitfire before i tried this

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

zolthorg posted:

:swoon: Devotion :swoon:

i cant believe i was using that piece of garbage spitfire before i tried this

Stop while you still can, it'll ruin every other gun :gonk:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Volt/alternator4lyfe. :coal:

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Daztek posted:

Stop while you still can, it'll ruin every other gun :gonk:

it stabilizes the longer you fire :derp:

Is there some kind of unlock system tied to story mode? I can't find anything by googling but one of my super super empty camo pages (except for Splinter Ocean and Quantum Ocean) that is available for every weapon and titan is called ""Progression"" Camos, it feels like a story mode unlock

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You can even beat SMG users at close range with the Devotion and gunrunner perk if you're good since the base damage is so high

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I like sniping enemy cloaked snipers at the start of a match with the Devotion

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

zolthorg posted:

it stabilizes the longer you fire :derp:

Is there some kind of unlock system tied to story mode? I can't find anything by googling but one of my super super empty camo pages (except for Splinter Ocean and Quantum Ocean) that is available for every weapon and titan is called ""Progression"" Camos, it feels like a story mode unlock

No unlocks, however supposedly the campaign is pretty fun.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

We had a really good consistent group of 5-6 tonight for 4-5 hours. (PS4) Trying to make it a nightly thing. Just FYI :kiddo:

I don't drink but seems like the minimum BAC is about .12-.16

You guys are later in PST though, right? I might try and get a semi-frequent EST group going for old people who have to get up early.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Thanks for the codes, got the 2 non-ronin unlocks.

I didn't see this posted in here but Target has the game for 35 bucks right now on consoles for anyone that was interested in the game http://www.target.com/p/titanfall-2-playstation-4/-/A-51270106

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Submitted my info on the Google doc, will jump to the boys network on the xbone once I get off work.

Been playing since release, and having a lot more fun than I expected. Campaign was awesome as well, I miss bt :(.

E: my wife is going to try to grab some of her coworkers dew caps for me, if she gets a good haul i can throw some codes out to help pepole get the unlocks. That titan camo actually rocks.

l33tfuzzbox fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Nov 10, 2016

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Played MP for the first time last night, it was a blast. And holy poo poo am I bad at games these days. Even got some goons together (Origin) and sometimes a semblance of teamwork was happening. Game is almost too chaotic to really get good team tactics going?

If someone has codes, I'll take them. Right now I wish my office still had piles of Mt.Dew bottle. drat hipsters switched to Coffee, Juice, and Coconut Water.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Anybody else switch to the "bumper jumper" layout? Feels so much better to me, not having to take your thumb off the stick to jump (I don't do the claw)

Av027
Aug 27, 2003
Qowned.

Insert name here posted:

Smart Pistol status:

People really get worked up over the smart pistol. A guy I shot with it gave me the whole "Really? Smart pistol?" speech, and I told him "Dice Roll dude. But yes, when the smart pistol shows up I shoot mans with it." :rolleyes:

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
So I brought this game, played just past the factory in the campaign then jumped on some multiplayer.

I'm based in NZ and found some games of attrition. It's a good game

I suck at fps and somehow I do OK. Not great. Not even good. But I have fun and plenty of did you see what I just did moments.

This game is fun. Any advice on improving my skills

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

HardKase posted:

So I brought this game, played just past the factory in the campaign then jumped on some multiplayer.

I'm based in NZ and found some games of attrition. It's a good game

I suck at fps and somehow I do OK. Not great. Not even good. But I have fun and plenty of did you see what I just did moments.

This game is fun. Any advice on improving my skills

Rodeo titans when you can and never jump off. The reward is worth way more than the risk. You can gently caress a titan over while pretty much unlocking your own at the same time.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

If there are any codes for amazing unlocks still floating about I would love to put them inside me.

Also, Volt is really good. I had unlocked the R97 and was enjoying that, but the Volt's ability to kill things more than punching-distance away has sold me. Now everyone swearing by the Devotion is means I have to try that out.

It's neat, obviously a lot of the guns are viable.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Prawned posted:

If there are any codes for amazing unlocks still floating about I would love to put them inside me.

Also, Volt is really good. I had unlocked the R97 and was enjoying that, but the Volt's ability to kill things more than punching-distance away has sold me. Now everyone swearing by the Devotion is means I have to try that out.

It's neat, obviously a lot of the guns are viable.

I'm just really happy the tier 0 guns for terrible newbies like me are viable. Too many games give the newbies the shittiest guns and expect them to survive against the best guns that take 20+ hours of play to unlock.

So far my only complaint about the game is the first Titan you get in the SP isn't in MP.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
For some of the more open maps with long sight lines (Homestead, Forwardbase) my new favorite build that can be hilarious low effort bullshit is:
A-wall
Devotion - tactitkill, threat scope
Charge rifle - extra ammo, hack
Power cell
Amped weapons

Especially for bounty hunt where the teams start at opposite ends and the mobs all drop in the middle. Game starts, real quick turn the corner so you can see across, plop the wall down, start holding the trigger on the devotion, then find red stuff to waggle the mouse at. The amped bullets kill REAL quick, along with the huge clip, accurate shots, and red scope highlights it's the laziest way to rack up a bunch of kills and probably some rage. Time to cash in bounties pop in a corner with your wall and take a snooze. The great part isn't just that it works against pilots but that you can also kill the mobs stupid fast.
Once titans are out it's just as funny to sit a distance back and lol at the robits from behind the wall; hacked rifle does big damage and you're pretty safe while the wall's up.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Eldragon posted:

I'm just really happy the tier 0 guns for terrible newbies like me are viable. Too many games give the newbies the shittiest guns and expect them to survive against the best guns that take 20+ hours of play to unlock.

So far my only complaint about the game is the first Titan you get in the SP isn't in MP.

Lock on missile would just be too OP. I guess they could only make it lock onto Titans, but if so what's the point?

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Eldragon posted:

The starting assault rifle is wicked good, the only gun I have the kill counter on. I did just unlock the devotion though, so I've been trying that out and it also seems pretty sweet.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Hackan Slash posted:

Lock on missile would just be too OP. I guess they could only make it lock onto Titans, but if so what's the point?

Honestly I'd be content with a swarm of dumfires that lay out a AoE pattern that is roughly titan-sized.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Really fun, cool guns you should definitely goof around with:

Volt
Devotion
Flatline
Any Grenadier Weapon
gently caress, They're All Pretty Rad

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

That sounds :krad: for taking out swaths of pilots and other infantry.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Angryhead posted:

Anybody else switch to the "bumper jumper" layout? Feels so much better to me, not having to take your thumb off the stick to jump (I don't do the claw)

I switched to it a week ago and I'll never go back.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

God drat I love the Phase Embark ability, being able to just teleport into your Titan and skip the overly length animation is godsend.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
The little bit folks chat on PC it's bout always chill, but some dude was goin on about how I was a camping fag who should go back to CoD cause I was Devoting behind A wall sooo..it works :v:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Really fun, cool guns you should definitely goof around with:

Volt
Devotion
Flatline
Any Grenadier Weapon
gently caress, They're All Pretty Rad

This is a dope list. Glad to start seeing people rocking the flatline more.

s.i.r.e. posted:

God drat I love the Phase Embark ability, being able to just teleport into your Titan and skip the overly length animation is godsend.

It's still too slow I wish it were faster.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Cause I'm not a goon? What am I gonna dig through taco bells trash for a chance at a free ps4 like some savage

I just meant you could do what I do and that is to walk into a 711 for a refreshing St. Perrier Grapefruit sparkling water and then mosey on over to the chip aisle and take 5 or 6 pictures of codes.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I experimented with holo-pilot and came to the conclusion it's loving hilarious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPerBn4pNho

The amount of people who fall for it over and over is fantastic and it can genuinely get you out of some horrific situations. Still not nearly as useful as most other things but please don't overlook it, the fun you can have with it is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

You can literally just take pictures of the codes on the side of the Doritos bags, they're printed on the outside of the bag for everyone to see. You can't with the Mountain Dew though.

sigher fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 10, 2016