Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peel
Dec 3, 2007

If I were to point to some particular recent thing that alienated white people in America I'd probably go for BLM (which is good, and should be strengthened, particularly given the nightmare policing is going to become under Trump).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Thang
Feb 23, 2016

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

2006, 2008, 2010, and 2014 have all been massive wave elections against the party in charge, with 2016 not technically being a wave but certainly feeling like one.

It's not a wave against the party. It's a huge thunderclap against the Federal government and liberal elites as a whole.

quote:

Donald loving Trump and the GOP aren't going to fix that.

They will have the Presidency, the House, the Senate, and the SCOTUS -- all elected by the people scorned by the Democratic party.

Please explain how the Democratic party is going to build furniture factories in North Carolina. Where's the capital coming from? Who is going to run it? How is this factory's products going to compete with cheaper Chinese products? Won't the factory contribute to climate change, accelerating the death of the planet?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Corky Romanovsky posted:

This relates to the BookFace image post "If you voted for Trump, tell your LGBT, Muslim, women, etc. friends why they don't matter." When I mentioned that the wording may be a bit harsh, and that someone may have voted for Trump because they prioritized another issue ahead of those groups, their response only imagined that other issue was "gently caress the system". It may have been that reason for many, but... :shrug: This person is a Redditor fwiw

If you voted for Trump you hate women, the disabled, and minorities, period, full stop, sorry

You also hate gays and the transgendered

Sorry! Don't vote for a literal white supremacist and rapist calling for active genocide next time! Your own self centered bullshit reasons for voting don't Trump the fact that Trump ran on the platform he did

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
BLM is primarily an urban movement because of how segregated America is. Rural voters might have some Opinions on them, but they aren't going to lash out at a helping hand because it's also promised to reform the police.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Corky Romanovsky posted:

This relates to the BookFace image post "If you voted for Trump, tell your LGBT, Muslim, women, etc. friends why they don't matter." When I mentioned that the wording may be a bit harsh, and that someone may have voted for Trump because they prioritized another issue ahead of those groups, their response only imagined that other issue was "gently caress the system". It may have been that reason for many, but... :shrug: This person is a Redditor fwiw

it's pretty reasonable to be loving furious that people got heart eyes for some extremely blatant lies and proceeded to put an existential threat to anyone who isn't a straight white male into the white house

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Wyld Thang posted:

Please explain how the Democratic party is going to build furniture factories in North Carolina. Where's the capital coming from? Who is going to run it? How is this factory's products going to compete with cheaper Chinese products? Won't the factory contribute to climate change, accelerating the death of the planet?

OK, please explain how Trump is going to do those things

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

sportsgenius86 posted:

I never said millenials weren't struggling. A lot of them are. The ones that are don't happen to be the ones driving the grassroots effort for the party right now because they were pushed out by the people I'm talking about.

LOL if you think Dunham is grassroots for the Dems.

*cranes neck to all of the young people who for the first time got involved with the primary process and GOTV for Bernie*

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mirthless posted:

If you voted for Trump you hate women, the disabled, and minorities, period, full stop, sorry

Sorry! Don't vote for a literal white supremacist and rapist calling for active genocide next time! Your own self centered bullshit reasons for voting don't Trump the fact that Trump ran on the platform he did

um excuse me don't use such strong language! They just don't care! Totally different!

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
People have been rolling their eyes at SJW's/crunchy liberals/hippies for almost 60 years now and their presence on Tumblr is not the straw that broke the back of midwestern Democratic voters

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HannibalBarca posted:

I'm worried that this is correct and it filtered up, in various forms, to the top of the Clinton campaign, which massively failed to make arguments that would have supplanted their ultimately completely worthless GOTV campaign. There's a lot to dissect here.

I think it's exactly what happened. To me, it seems that Hillary became so obsessed with being a living superhero to these people that basking in the idolatry became the primary focus, which in turn led to the neglect of the people that caused her the election. It's what led to the hosed up polling bullshit. They focused on a subset of the electorate and that's why the flawed polling seemed so believable and why she didn't visit Wisconsin in the last six months but was able to stand on big stages with rich celebrities who are similarly idolized and also have nothing in common with the bottom sections of her party.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I really hope Obama doesn't just gently caress off and gives some support to Our Revolution or something similar. We need those grassroots infrastructure now more than ever.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Mirthless posted:

and the award for totally missing the point goes to mirthless, unsurprisingly

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

LmaoTheKid posted:

*cranes neck to all of the young people who for the first time got involved with the primary process and GOTV for Bernie*

does anyone actually know any dems who like Lena Dunham or think she's cool and good at all

I don't personally know anyone who does not acknowledge that Lena Dunham is a child rapist and shitlord who does the movement more harm than good

It's not like we can make her stop calling herself a democrat

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Mirthless posted:

Thanks for posting a perfect example of everything that was wrong about the narrative!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
How do posters on both sides get the same anime red text avatar? Makes less sense than this election, amirite

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Karl Barks posted:

and the award for totally missing the point goes to mirthless, unsurprisingly

What's the point to miss?

Frosted Flake posted:

Thanks for posting a perfect example of everything that was wrong about the narrative!

WHAT loving NARRATIVE?

It's NOT A NARRATIVE TO POINT OUT THINGS SOMEBODY SAID AND DID

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

sportsgenius86 posted:

I never said millenials weren't struggling. A lot of them are. The ones that are don't happen to be the ones driving the grassroots effort for the party right now because they were pushed out by the people I'm talking about.

There are a ton of millenials who are struggling, and many of them are stuck in towns whose only factory closed 10 years ago. They never had a chance to go to college, they have zero job prospects, and they've watched as people in their age group have joined the salary class and go out to eat and go to the bar every weekend while sharing "10 ways the struggle is real!" articles on facebook and tweeting out "dumb fuckin hicks ruin everything!" from their new iPhones.

Many of these people have embraced the nasty racism and homophobia of the GOP because at least the GOP is talking to them. The Democratic Party has spent the last decade shifting between ignoring them and sneering at them.

Fiction posted:

Yeah jimrob and the family trying to scrape by on 24000 a year were really all over those liberal campuses and on twitter and decided to not vote for Hillary because of SJWs

You turd

Bingo.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
MAN THIS NARRATIVE THAT WE'RE ALL RACISTS IS UNFAIR GUYS NOW LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HOW THE JEWS AND MEXICANS ARE MUSLIM RAPISTS

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mirthless posted:

Actually they do, if the person voting is struggling to keep afloat himself, nobody is going to starve themselves to help some abstract other person.

As for people who live comfortable lives and still can't find a shred of empathy, well, gently caress them.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Also I'm pretty sure the 'grassroots level' of the democratic party includes a whole lot of latino union workers and black churchgoers and you know struggling white people, and so on and so forth.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Mirthless posted:

What's the point to miss?

WHAT loving NARRATIVE?

It's NOT A NARRATIVE TO POINT OUT THINGS SOMEBODY SAID AND DID

i think u should double down on this message and just keep doubling down as the democratic party voter base shrinks to nothing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

The grassroots effort for Bernie was about Bernie and not the Democratic Party and if people were smart enough to realize this, maybe Trump wouldn't be President-Elect right now.

Using "Lena Dunham" is probably a bit too much of a reduction given how much of an rear end she has turned out to be, but I'd like for anyone to try to tell me the most vocal groundswell in support of Hillary since primary season isn't basically a clone army of Dunham's character from Girls.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also who came up with the idea that if you criticize the financial system, you are a holocaust denying anti-semite hiding behind dog whistle signals, that wasn't a winning move, let me tell you.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Mirthless posted:

MAN THIS NARRATIVE THAT WE'RE ALL RACISTS IS UNFAIR GUYS NOW LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT HOW THE JEWS AND MEXICANS ARE MUSLIM RAPISTS

Have you ever left a city in your life?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Actually they do, if the person voting is struggling to keep afloat himself, nobody is going to starve themselves to help some abstract other person.

As for people who live comfortable lives and still can't find a shred of empathy, well, gently caress them.

Nobody is starving because of Obamacare and gently caress you if you think your retarded "economic anxiety" should come before being able to receive treatment for the actual anxiety disorder I have

Some people can only lead comfortable lives because of the healthcare bill that is now going away because people thought it was a good idea to elect the guy who wants to round mexicans up into internment camps

Don't cry to me because you get to live with the consequences of your lovely vote. gently caress you. You get to wear the same hood and sheet that the rest of the KKK wears for the next four years.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Wyld Thang posted:

It's not a wave against the party. It's a huge thunderclap against the Federal government and liberal elites as a whole.

They will have the Presidency, the House, the Senate, and the SCOTUS -- all elected by the people scorned by the Democratic party.

Oh word? Well poo poo better not even try talking to these people. They're probably too dumb to understand this anyway, right?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Mirthless posted:

Mister Fister, most people don't actually care about PC Gone Wrong. Your candidate won with a minority of the popular vote in an election where less than 30% of the population turned out. Just gently caress off with this poo poo. You're never going to live in an America where you can get away with bald racism anymore among your peers, whether or not Trump got elected.

Who is 'my candidate' Mirthless? Are you seriously trying to say that because i'm not a fan of SJW culture that i'm a Trump voter, even though you know for certain that i'm a Bernie supporter? You don't have to be a racist to see how forcing trigger warnings on everything, censoring speakers/ideas you don't like, and making sure you use the correct pronoun (and holy poo poo are there a ton of them) for a particular otherwise you'll get eaten alive is off putting to a shitload of people.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Mirthless posted:

Nobody is starving because of Obamacare and gently caress you if you think your retarded "economic anxiety" should come before being able to receive treatment for the actual anxiety disorder I have

People are literally going hungry right now because they can no logner afford their premiums. Obamacare might not have caused it, but it did nothing to help, and in fact is a net negative for many of the people it was supposed to help.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mirthless posted:

Some people can only lead comfortable lives because of the healthcare bill that is now going away because people thought it was a good idea to elect the guy who wants to round mexicans up into internment camps

Don't cry to me because you get to live with the consequences of your lovely vote. gently caress you. You get to wear the same hood and sheet that the rest of the KKK wears for the next four years.

There are no poor, unemployed people between Los Angeles and New York, and because they don't exist, they couldn't have voted for Trump. Therefore only racists and billionaires voted for him.

Also despite your epic meltdown, I didn't vote for Trump, lol.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Also who came up with the idea that if you criticize the financial system, you are a holocaust denying anti-semite hiding behind dog whistle signals, that wasn't a winning move, let me tell you.

You can criticize the financial system! You're a holocaust denying anti-semite because you voted for Donald Trump, the holocaust denying anti-semite!

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Mirthless posted:

cool she maybe should have tried talking about these things at some point instead of making every appearance on tv and every debate about her opponent

During debates, she should have talked about it rather than just pointing people to her website. I doubt many people even looked at those pages after she mentioned them during actual debate time.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

this thread's conception of naive-college-leftist-millennials, their prevalence, homogeneity, social position and share in the blame for your woes is at least as crude as the stereotype this group is thought to hold of poor white people

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Trump: My vp is Mike "Torture the Gays" Pence

I'm going to go door to door to kick people out

Women are an inconvencience for employers

Grab'em by the pussy

I'm gonna cut taxes for the rich

I'm prob gonna take away your healthcare too

Also I'll bring back jobs by <mumble mumble mumble>

The military: this man can't be trusted to be commander in chief of the american military

Nuke launchers: Please dear god don't do this

Economists: Please help

The most limp dicked liberals in the world: Um maybe don't say mean things about people that voted for him

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Mods please give everyone in this thread anime avatars

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Mirthless posted:

nice ableist slur mirthless

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Mister Fister posted:

Who is 'my candidate' Mirthless? Are you seriously trying to say that because i'm not a fan of SJW culture that i'm a Trump voter, even though you know for certain that i'm a Bernie supporter? You don't have to be a racist to see how forcing trigger warnings on everything, censoring speakers/ideas you don't like, and making sure you use the correct pronoun (and holy poo poo are there a ton of them) for a particular otherwise you'll get eaten alive is off putting to a shitload of people.

I remember the specific quote that got you your red text, Mister Fister, if you didn't vote for Trump you were certainly glad to see him win (sadly, he will not force women to strip and parade them through the streets so you can shame them)

Shadowhand00 posted:

During debates, she should have talked about it rather than just pointing people to her website. I doubt many people even looked at those pages after she mentioned them during actual debate time.

Yeah you see this is exactly what I mean, this is the kind of dumb poo poo she did. The conversation was always about Trump, it was rarely (if ever) about how she was actually going to do better than him. What a dumb way to cammpaign.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also yes, I think for somebody convinced he has to choose between literally feeding a family / paying the rent, or allowing you to keep your insurance, the rational choice for them is to choose their own interest. And those people do exist, despite your delusions telling you otherwise.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Yes a man who got fewer votes than Romney was buoyed by the racist vote that wasn't already firmly in the R column.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pomp posted:

Trump: My vp is Mike "Torture the Gays" Pence

I'm going to go door to door to kick people out

Women are an inconvencience for employers

Grab'em by the pussy

I'm gonna cut taxes for the rich

I'm prob gonna take away your healthcare too

Also I'll bring back jobs by <mumble mumble mumble>

The military: this man can't be trusted to be commander in chief of the american military

Nuke launchers: Please dear god don't do this

Economists: Please help

The most limp dicked liberals in the world: Um maybe don't say mean things about people that voted for him

man I don't know why you're spinning this narrative that Trump is a racist don't you know anything about ((((ECONOMIC ANXIETY))))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Pomp posted:

mmmm this post tastes like straw

• Locked thread