Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues

i want luvcow banned, for being a good fellow and nice poster, such that it makes me, a spit-filled renegade with no regard for the law, look bad and jealous and covered with unwanted hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I'm way more professional than most of you cuz I blew all the deadlines. Wow real writer alert. But it's in now. :unsmith:

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

Nathilus posted:

I'm way more professional than most of you cuz I blew all the deadlines. Wow real writer alert. But it's in now. :unsmith:

yay :cheers:

Manifisto

Nathilus posted:

:byob1::hf::byob1:

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Nathilus posted:

Here is your soul back. I marked it down 10% for lateness.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

keep writing, everyone!

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
Cmon guys, you can do it!

Nathilus

Bump~

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i'm a bad person, will finish mine soon, many apologies to those of you who did yours on time

:eng99:

Nathilus

Luvcow posted:

i'm a bad person, will finish mine soon, many apologies to those of you who did yours on time

:eng99:

*hi-5s you*

Late as gently caress no giving a poo poo about deadlines crew REPREZENT!

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
You're lucky because something happened in there last couple of weeks that's making it difficult to put together the mental energy to do the next thing that needs doing but I want you to know I am committed to doing it, is just going to go a lil slower than I anticipated

social vegan

misty mountaintop posted:

You're lucky because something happened in there last couple of weeks that's making it difficult to put together the mental energy to do the next thing that needs doing but I want you to know I am committed to doing it, is just going to go a lil slower than I anticipated

let us know if u want any help!

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
I feel like a real chump for turning in mine on time now

Manifisto

Ahundredbux posted:

the only thing worse than a pretend deadline is the lack of a pretend deadline

Nathilus

Ahundredbux posted:

V. unprofessional. No one is going to take you seriously as a fiction writer if your poo poo doesnt take Fooooooooooor Ev. Er. to come out.

GRRM posted:

Some of you are angry that I watch football during the fall … some of you hate my other projects … some of you don't want me attending conventions, teaching workshops, touring and doing promo, or visiting places like Spain and Portugal (last year) or Finland (this year). More wasting time, when I should be home working on A Dance with Dragons. After all, as some of you like to point out in your emails, I am 60 years old and fat, and you don't want me to 'pull a Robert Jordan' on you and deny you your book.

Neil Gaiman posted:

George RR Martin is not your bitch. This is a useful thing to know, perhaps a useful thing to point out when you find yourself thinking that possibly George is, indeed, your bitch, and should be out there typing what you want to read right now. People are not machines. Writers and artists aren't machines.

Nathilus

Manifisto posted:

the only thing worse than a pretend deadline is the lack of a pretend deadline

:lol:

Word.

Rockman Reserve

everyone should write a lot this week so we can go to the next phase and share our wonderful stories and chapters with each other !

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i don't think Misty is coming back...

:ohdear:

social vegan

Luvcow posted:

i don't think Misty is coming back...

:ohdear:

misty left? D:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

social vegan posted:

misty left? D:

I think just m.i.a. for a few days?

Manifisto

she poked her head into the winter sig thread

I think she's around but not quite ready to re-engage

more time for you slackers to get your chapters done. I mean . . . not slackers . . . er, perfectionists? contemplative types?

ty nesamdoom!

Rockman Reserve

Manifisto posted:

she poked her head into the winter sig thread

I think she's around but not quite ready to re-engage

more time for you slackers to get your chapters done. I mean . . . not slackers . . . er, perfectionists? contemplative types?

you can't rush genius

you can, at least, gently prod them to write things, so we can read those things

ps: mm come back you're the hero the forums need

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
Don't you die on me!

Captain Splashback

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

Arkanomen posted:

Don't you die on me!

:same:

Rockman Reserve

i really really really really really want to share with you all the wonderful tale of the Cat and the Octopus and Which is More Truthful so i really hope mm comes back and isn't dead and stuff

like, guys, i really want to share it with you

pm me if you want to read it and i promise i won't tattle on you to misty

Nathilus

I turned mine in hella late so I have to be patient with others, but in actuality I am chomping at the bit to read the finished product. It's OK though I can wait without losing my mind. I smoke weed. :cool:

Here's a cool tidbit about arguments of owls: I named all the head owls after REAL LIFE FICTIONAL OWLS! W0W!!

Arkanomen

All he wants is a hug
Teaser for my chapter. An old priest gets hucked out a window. Was he okay? I dunno, stay tuned!

Nathilus

Arkanomen posted:

Teaser for my chapter. An old priest gets hucked out a window. Was he okay? I dunno, stay tuned!

*bites nails, breathlessly waits for next week's episode*

Manifisto

well I have had an opportunity to read the submission by a scofflaw who shall remain nameless, and it's really great, and I'm excited to see this project get back on track when the time is ripe!

writers who have not yet submitted a chapter: you've been writing the whole time, just in the back of your mind. time to put it down on paper/screen and send it off!

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
send it to who?

:smith:

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

send it to who?

hell, send it to me

ty nesamdoom!

social vegan

Manifisto posted:

hell, send it to me

wanna see mine 2? :twisted:

Manifisto

social vegan posted:

wanna see mine 2? :twisted:

actually yes

you don't have pms, but . . . things, and . . . . stuff . . . can be emailed to me at manyfisted at gmail dawt com

ty nesamdoom!

social vegan

Manifisto posted:

actually yes

you don't have pms, but . . . things, and . . . . stuff . . . can be emailed to me at manyfisted at gmail dawt com

:whatup:

Nathilus

Thread is off page one this cannot be allowed.

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
Agreed, I'm still waiting for the finished book to be published and sell millions of copies

Manifisto

so I've read the draft chapters from two other contributors and they've been excellent

anyone else wanna swap chapters? just let me know, by pm or email if you like

ty nesamdoom!

social vegan

Manifisto posted:

so I've read the draft chapters from two other contributors and they've been excellent

anyone else wanna swap chapters? just let me know, by pm or email if you like

adding your own that's 3 good chapters :O 3 for 3

City of Glompton

I've read two chapters and they were both really good. :love:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joke_explainer

i rushed through most of mine to meet the deadline and I feel like I should probably re-write it and maybe make frog slightly more sympathetic

• Locked thread