Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
sub io thread

stump collector fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Also there's a whole thread for sub.io specific talk: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

stump collector posted:

"connect csgo.sub.io;

edit: i think the IP has changed at some point and you are using the old one

I'll go ahead and say it because I got bitches at but you need to remove this info from this thread because it's a private server. Please go to the sub.io thread for the info.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

sterster posted:

I'll go ahead and say it because I got bitches at but you need to remove this info from this thread because it's a private server. Please go to the sub.io thread for the info.

wouldn't wanna risk goonmans coming back to life

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016

A TURGID FATSO posted:

If no one gets to you by this afternoon I'll do it when I get home from the road.

Edit: gently caress it, I added you as well as invited you to the CSGOON and sub.io groups on Steam Mobile.

oh thanks a lot man, I appreciate it.

i'm only a gold nova 2 so if there's any lower skill goons who is now albeit vocal and competitive, go ahead and add me for some games tonight :)

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

cosmicprank posted:

i'm only a gold nova 2 so if there's any lower skill goons who is now albeit vocal and competitive, go ahead and add me for some games tonight :)

Got you fam, you see Glass on tonight let's click some heads

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

How do you guys deal with hackers? There was one I am sure about and 2 that were iffy last night and just doing anything was difficult.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
Prime only matches first to cut back on the frequency of it, report poo poo that's suspicious, don't complain about it, and just play your game until it's done. If you let that poo poo tilt you it'll carry over and ruin your night.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

yeah if you think someone is hacking, just report them and move on.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Faffel posted:

wouldn't wanna risk goonmans coming back to life

Goonmans have actually been pretty good over the past few days. It's still better not to broadcast the IP out publicly.

cosmicprank posted:

No worries. You should also head on over to the sub.io thread so you can join the Discord server we have. I know there would be goons that would be willing to queue up with you if you asked in there.

Soulex posted:

How do you guys deal with hackers? There was one I am sure about and 2 that were iffy last night and just doing anything was difficult.

Always report people who you find suspicious. Either they'll eventually get taken down in Overwatch or VAC banned.

EDIT: In other news, it looks like ESEA has created a LAN anti-cheating system that they'll farm out to all sorts of events, including this weekend for the iBP Masters. Interesting.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 10, 2016

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

A TURGID FATSO posted:

EDIT: In other news, it looks like ESEA has created a LAN anti-cheating system that they'll farm out to all sorts of events, including this weekend for the iBP Masters. Interesting.

My kingdom for a live LAN ban.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gingerbread House Music posted:

My kingdom for a live LAN ban.

everyone gets banned on round 2 in every map played, anders and semmler 1v1 for the prize money

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Demostrs posted:

everyone gets banned on round 2 in every map played, anders and semmler 1v1 for the prize money

not a bad idea

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Quoting this for all of the times anyone ever insisted it was utterly impossible to cheat over LAN :smuggo:

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Just post the share link to the demo. Here's an example of when I did it earlier this year for a fellow poster. I was kind of a dick about it, but I got my points across. It may be difficult to comprehend what I'm getting at since you can no longer download the demo that I'm referring to (I'm guessing that the map was cache), but this would be the easiest way to do things.

EDIT: gently caress it, just add me on Steam and I'll run through it tomorrow with you if you'd like. I typically get home around 7pm EST.

Finally have more time free! Added you, just hmu when you have time + I am on :)

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Can they use the dope-rear end gaming rigs to mine bitcoins too?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

Yesterday, me and some handsome boys 4 stacked with someone who was 2nd fragger but so toxic he made us lose. Were you that dude?

Found this today

:smug:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

That is like being voted most likely to yell at teammates about how stupidly they're playing while they are trying to listen to footsteps

surc fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Nov 11, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

That is like being voted most likely to yell at teammates about how stupidly they're playing while they are trying to listen to footsteps

I go afk after we lose pistol ama

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Famethrowa posted:

I go afk after we lose pistol ama

I afk until after pistol round aMa

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I dig glaive's confidence

stump collector
May 28, 2007
kzy looks like a fatter fallen

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

When did people start saying "lit" to mean they hurt them. I don't remember ever hearing that before

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

drunken officeparty posted:

When did people start saying "lit" to mean they hurt them. I don't remember ever hearing that before

when did CSGO come out? at least since then

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
tagged is the lighter form of lit

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Up Circle posted:

tagged is the lighter form of lit

I thought it was "I tagged them for x" versus "They're lit for y"?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Lit is usually pretty nonspecific in team vox. People will say "Stairs lit" but it's far better to assume lit is less than 50% damage, despite players' indications otherwise. Without hearing a figure, never assume they are hurt badly, so you won't put yourself in a bad tactical position.

Lit is easier to say, and can imply that there was a heavy amount of damage incurred, typically said when a player thinks they hit them hard visually, this isn't a guarantee.
Tagged is typically specific to 1-2 hits, but depending on the player you could hear a specific value.

Also be careful if you hear tagged/lit "for 23", I've had both types of players who mean it in terms of opponent's health or damage dealt.

tl;dr: Never assume you're going into a gunfight with a critically wounded 'lit/tagged' opponent. Always play smart and expect them to be prepared for a trade or followup attack.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

1. Don't play SK on Overpass
2. Don't play SK on Train

why are teams finding this hard?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Xenaero posted:

Lit is usually pretty nonspecific in team vox. People will say "Stairs lit" but it's far better to assume lit is less than 50% damage, despite players' indications otherwise. Without hearing a figure, never assume they are hurt badly, so you won't put yourself in a bad tactical position.

Lit is easier to say, and can imply that there was a heavy amount of damage incurred, typically said when a player thinks they hit them hard visually, this isn't a guarantee.
Tagged is typically specific to 1-2 hits, but depending on the player you could hear a specific value.

Also be careful if you hear tagged/lit "for 23", I've had both types of players who mean it in terms of opponent's health or damage dealt.

tl;dr: Never assume you're going into a gunfight with a critically wounded 'lit/tagged' opponent. Always play smart and expect them to be prepared for a trade or followup attack.

i agree with the terminology definitions but the concept of playing smart is anathema

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Up Circle posted:

i agree with the terminology definitions but the concept of playing smart is anathema

This is why I repeat it throughout that post.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

2. Don't play SK on Train

why are teams finding this hard?

They only got two vetos and if they just took the obvious ones it's basically giving SK control of the map pool.

You gotta peek mid every time to prove it's not free, even if you die every time doing it. This is high level play.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Xenaero posted:

This is why I repeat it throughout that post.

it just made it harder for me to read

i had to keep skipping over stuff

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sleeptalker posted:

They only got two vetos and if they just took the obvious ones it's basically giving SK control of the map pool.

You gotta peek mid every time to prove it's not free, even if you die every time doing it. This is high level play.

I'd rather risk any other map. SK is looking weak on any map that's not their two favorites. Mirage I suppose is pretty decent, but they are definitely beatable.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Up Circle posted:

it just made it harder for me to read

i had to keep skipping over stuff

To be fair, I wasn't necessarily posting it for players like you who've played a lot at levels where you've already learned this.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

That Astralis/SK game was real good. Glad to see some life in my dead gay Danes.

Also, quick "F" for Necc0. :smith:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
on another note, weekend battlecups are probably the best thing dota has that cs needs
except they should be free

like friday night tourneys in wc3 were

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

I'd rather risk any other map. SK is looking weak on any map that's not their two favorites. Mirage I suppose is pretty decent, but they are definitely beatable.

It was a joke, please stop peeking mid if you die every time.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Snip

Agoat fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Famethrowa posted: