Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
I'm pretty sure there'd be a coup if Trump tried to start a nuclear war, so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i just realized the chinese monkey was right

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

save us bernie :(

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

zen death robot posted:

No one wanted to gently caress over our NATO allies in case of further Russian expansion in the 50s. Kinda the opposite.

oh myg od you're right

instead of a Marshall plan we have... a Mitchell plan?!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
My recollection is that there was talk in the mid 2000's about scrapping the fillibuster when the R's had all 3 branches of congress as well, but once again it didn't really go anywhere.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

what a dumb goat, can't even pick a winner :sad:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bernie will dismantle neoliberalism and there will be nobody to stop him because dems are leaderless, and anyone that tries to talk back to him will be owned because he was right from day one and they were wrong

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

So was Boosted

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Serf posted:

how could I forget about bill mitchell

how could you :allears:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

I've heard a lot of epithets sent Sean Hannity's way but this is a first.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fox Ironic posted:

I'm pretty sure there'd be a coup if Trump tried to start a nuclear war, so there's that.

What would a coup accomplish with the nation as a smoldering nuclear ruin

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Typo posted:

save us bernie :(

Cubey posted:

bernie will dismantle neoliberalism and there will be nobody to stop him because dems are leaderless, and anyone that tries to talk back to him will be owned because he was right from day one and they were wrong

Bernie is going to be an excellent figurehead for an opposition party. He'll do real good.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Make America have this as new anthem Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZc8tBtIDhI

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

NOOO~

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Guy DeBorgore posted:

if any future historians want help sorting out which posts were ironic and which weren't, just come visit me in the coal mine i'll be working in when i'm 80 and i'll help you sort it out

lol that you think you'll be alive when you're 80 in Trump's America

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Fox Ironic posted:

That depends, how many GOP voters in my congressional district are pro-nuclear holocaust?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

dude he's a professor at princeton just because trump is president it is NOT COOL to treat sam wang this way with the namecalling

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
How many of those people do you think were diehard retards who thought "Well now that Trump is in charge it's OK to get on this healthcare thing"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lmao

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

god drat you prophetic monkey!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

crazy cloud posted:

dude he's a professor at princeton just because trump is president it is NOT COOL to treat sam wang this way with the namecalling

:lol:

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

I don't think there are the votes to scrap the fillibuster in the senate.

Too many senators use it for their own ends. It's the same reason when it got brought up in 2008-09 when things were being done in the initial stages of the ACA that it never went anywhere. No one wants that tool to go away.

i genuinely appreciate the optimism (i'm still reeling from the election, frankly), and i really hope you're right

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Cubey posted:

Insha freakin allah m8

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

lol i have a friend of mine trying to get us to move our texts and stuff to encrypted apps and hiding his online stuff as if the trumpstapo is getting ready for an imminent crackdown on dissent, and the crazy thing is im not sure if hes nuts or im naive

I've seen some tweet by John Rogers about IF YOU OPPOSE TRUMP GET TOR AND A VPN RIGHT NOW about four times in the past day or so.

I mean, 1% of me thinks that might not be so unprudent advice but the other 99% knows that if my ramblings about TV and videogames, complaints about workplace woes, and the odd political shitpost are seen as a threat to Bigly Brother, then I'm probably hosed no matter what.

Actual political activists should be watching their backs right now (if not for Trump then for his followers); if I were directly involved with BLM (or if I were anything but a midwestern white dude, honestly) I'd probably be sleeping with one eye open. But the person whose idea of activism is posting edited Hamilton lyrics on Twitter probably has nothing to worry about.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

The leader of the free world eats pizza with a knife and fork

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

god bless you bernie youre our only hope

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I like how a Chinese monkey talisman proved more accurate than the D.C. pundit class.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I'm glad Bernie isn't giving up.

yet

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

How many of those people do you think were diehard retards who thought "Well now that Trump is in charge it's OK to get on this healthcare thing"

I dunno can we get some exit polls on this info?

TRUMP

*CLICK*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cubey posted:

inshallah

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

The leader of the free world eats pizza with a knife and fork

im surprised that there isnt a coup over this yet

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Annual Prophet posted:

i genuinely appreciate the optimism (i'm still reeling from the election, frankly), and i really hope you're right

its a major bet that you can accomplish enough of your agenda to get it set in stone before the other party comes back and changes things. With the senate you're looking at 2, maybe 4 years if you're really lucky as the governing party.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Dude what the gently caress is the point. When they eliminate ACA they're not going to be able to keep the coverage.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Goddamn Bernie, that's why I voted for you.

:allears:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

has anyone read anything good that tries to make sense out of this madness? im desperate for some decent perspective here

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Vladimir Putin posted:

Dude what the gently caress is the point. When they eliminate ACA they're not going to be able to keep the coverage.

To get some care in before it gets repealed.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPS9YKGaKQE

(Hillary was a lovely product)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Obama somehow getting blamed when millions are outraged about losing their healthcare is going to be such an incredibly disappointing moment in history.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

babypolis posted:

has anyone read anything good that tries to make sense out of this madness? im desperate for some decent perspective here

what sort of perspective are you looking for friend?

A "this is why hillary lost" sort of perspective, or..?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

crazy cloud posted:

loving lol

• Locked thread