Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Songbearer posted:

I experimented with holo-pilot and came to the conclusion it's loving hilarious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPerBn4pNho

This is a great video, everyone should watch it. The sound effects are wonderful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

Songbearer posted:

I experimented with holo-pilot and came to the conclusion it's loving hilarious:

The amount of people who fall for it over and over is fantastic and it can genuinely get you out of some horrific situations. Still not nearly as useful as most other things but please don't overlook it, the fun you can have with it is great.

:mmmhmm:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

el B posted:

I just meant you could do what I do and that is to walk into a 711 for a refreshing St. Perrier Grapefruit sparkling water and then mosey on over to the chip aisle and take 5 or 6 pictures of codes.

s.i.r.e. posted:

You can literally just take pictures of the codes on the side of the Doritos bags, they're printed on the outside of the bag for everyone to see. You can't with the Mountain Dew though.

Goons. :thumbsup:

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Are there any spare codes floating around?

Edit: Or should I wait until I get home from work to ask?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
So the Volt is pretty good:

Ion's Laser Shot literally a cheater gun for goosers.

Also, I'm a big dumb idiot :downs:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Etrips posted:

No unlocks, however supposedly the campaign is pretty fun.
Pretty sure the SRS banner and the gold/fire versions of it unlock based on the collectible progress, since I didn't have them, took a break to grab all the campaign helmets, and then I suddenly had them.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I started doing a lot better with Volt when I gave him the name Shooty Carbine Jr.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

out of codes, might buy more for early x-mas presents for y'all. They're quite cheap anyways

-nvm I'm an idiot and got a bunch for super cheap

If you didn't get three codes from me or still need to unlock that execute let me know. I'll send you two more if I already sent you three and you still need to unlock what you want.

:homebrew:

I mean, if you still got em?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I started doing a lot better with Volt when I gave him the name Shooty Carbine Jr.

Pretty much, the volt is good but I still find myself thinking "I could probably be doing better with the Carbine."

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Wazzit posted:

Pretty much, the volt is good but I still find myself thinking "I could probably be doing better with the Carbine."

I hear you. The Volt has potential. It's conceivably possible to shoot a guy from the hip 60m away during a wallrun with the Volt. That's beyond my skill level, but it's perfectly accurate and hitscan in hipfire mode. Beastly gun.

BTW you can feather the Flatline's trigger to make it a poor man's G2, if you need that.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Songbearer posted:

The amount of people who fall for it over and over is fantastic and it can genuinely get you out of some horrific situations. Still not nearly as useful as most other things but please don't overlook it, the fun you can have with it is great.

It is amazing. Sure I may have done better with Pulse Blade but I'm having way more fun with the hologram. Its oddly good on that one map where the one team starts with a height advantage, either side.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
If I know my teams about to get into a shootout I usually throw a hologram out there in hopes of it eating fire instead of one of my dudes.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Gonna take some time for this to get old

https://giant.gfycat.com/HonorableCheapBlesbok.webm
https://giant.gfycat.com/WeirdPoshGermanspitz.webm

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHjqjdtlsC8

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Angryhead posted:

Anybody else switch to the "bumper jumper" layout? Feels so much better to me, not having to take your thumb off the stick to jump (I don't do the claw)

Yeah, I use Bumper Jumper. The default layout is hilariously bad. Still, would appreciate the ability to use R1/L1 as my triggers.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The Huge Manatee posted:

After asking for Dew codes, I now realise I haven't got private messages unlocked on this account, so sorry about that! I don't know if they got sent anyway and are sitting in an inaccessible inbox, but if so I'm sure someone else would love them.

Thanks anyway!

Nah you can't even send a PM. You can post your email then edit it out later, up to you

Lumpy posted:

You guys are later in PST though, right? I might try and get a semi-frequent EST group going for old people who have to get up early.

Generally 8-2 PST or so it seems. But haven't had any trouble getting a full team going anytime in the evening

Angryhead posted:

Anybody else switch to the "bumper jumper" layout? Feels so much better to me, not having to take your thumb off the stick to jump (I don't do the claw)

Yeah it's drat near required in this game especially if you use the grappling hook. Did take some getting used to. Hitting abilities or boosts is sometimes a pain. Some people run melee as circle and crouch as R3 to just jump/crouch speed run everywhere

HardKase posted:

I suck at fps and somehow I do OK. Not great. Not even good. But I have fun and plenty of did you see what I just did moments.

I mean poo poo even if I do really bad it's still a blast which is probably why I really like this game. You can still help your team a lot

V for Vegans posted:

The starting assault rifle is wicked good, the only gun I have the kill counter on. I did just unlock the devotion though, so I've been trying that out and it also seems pretty sweet.

The starting AR and SMG are pretty drat good. Seems no one really bothers with LMGs or snipers

blackguy32 posted:

Rodeo titans when you can and never jump off. The reward is worth way more than the risk. You can gently caress a titan over while pretty much unlocking your own at the same time.

I always bounce the second I get a battery. What else can you do? What happens if you get a batter from one enemy Titan then jump on another? I'm pretty bad at rodeo' Titans regardless :(

Get my PS4 pro today :woop: guess it runs at 1440? Regardless frame rates and everything will be a lot better. Everyone saying it looks great on the pro. I believe the game is already patched/optimized for the pro

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 10, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I always bounce the second I get a battery. What else can you do? What happens if you get a batter from one enemy Titan then jump on another? I'm pretty bad at rodeo' Titans regardless :(

If you're already carrying a battery you'll dump a grenade in the battery hole

If you're not carrying a battery you'll pull one out, regardless of how many batteries have already been pulled out :allears:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Daztek posted:

If you're already carrying a battery you'll dump a grenade in the battery hole

If you're not carrying a battery you'll pull one out, regardless of how many batteries have already been pulled out :allears:

So you can take a battery out of a Titan then stay on it and drop a grenade in it as well? Do you have to hit any buttons? I just split the second the battery animation ends so I had no idea

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So you can take a battery out of a Titan then stay on it and drop a grenade in it as well? Do you have to hit any buttons? I just split the second the battery animation ends so I had no idea

Naw, you have to jump off and on again

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
You auto jump off the titan when you pull the battery/drop the grenade, gotta jump or grapple back on and do it again.

Axe Master
Jun 1, 2008

Shred ya later!
Goons, what would you recommend to watch as far as multiplayer tutorials? Any particularly good accounts? I never played the first game and feel like I could benefit from getting insight from better players. As is I feel pretty out of my depth whenever Titans come down, but I'm still having fun anyway.

Thanks!

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I love that pilots never, ever expect you to just get out of your titan and shoot them while they play peakaboo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Cloak lasts a really long time. Phase shift is also fun as gently caress. The shield is really good but I never utilize my chance to use it proper

But all I wanna do is grapple :(

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Axe Master posted:

Goons, what would you recommend to watch as far as multiplayer tutorials? Any particularly good accounts? I never played the first game and feel like I could benefit from getting insight from better players. As is I feel pretty out of my depth whenever Titans come down, but I'm still having fun anyway.

Thanks!
FrothyOmen has made a bunch of videos showing both the basics and some more advanced techniques: https://www.youtube.com/user/FrothyOmen

The EPG does not really suit my (lack of) aim, but when it clicks (and enemies hold still) it's pretty fun :hellyeah:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

The starting AR and SMG are pretty drat good. Seems no one really bothers with LMGs or snipers
I rock the Spitfire cause I'm a rebel

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Spitfire is alright, Devotion is straight up amazing, a lmg with the range of a sniper rifle

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Cloak lasts a really long time. Phase shift is also fun as gently caress. The shield is really good but I never utilize my chance to use it proper

But all I wanna do is grapple :(
The shield is pretty fun on slanted rooftops. Toss it so that it's just below the top, and the lil unit the enemy have to shoot to destroy it is literally impossible to hit. Sit up there with a LMG and fire amped shots alllll day. Unless you get flanked, in which case chew the controller.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

You can literally just take pictures of the codes on the side of the Doritos bags, they're printed on the outside of the bag for everyone to see. You can't with the Mountain Dew though.

until someone buys that product and reports that the code didnt work for them, and is like here's a picture of the product i own and purchased.
and then you get banned

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010

Insert name here posted:

I rock the Spitfire cause I'm a rebel

The devotion is pretty amazing once you get used to the "spin-up". It's laser-accurate and has a super long effective range. It's the volt's big bro.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

zolthorg posted:

until someone buys that product and reports that the code didnt work for them, and is like here's a picture of the product i own and purchased.
and then you get banned

lol

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

do you want to try it today? i'll go buy a code and then give you the code and then also report to the titanfall ppl that it isn't working with a picture of a receipt and the product and code

pls keep discussion in thread to how cute and amazing titanfall is not your tweenager plans to 'scam free coads'

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

zolthorg posted:

and then you get banned
Also it's a pretty lovely move to take the code off something and leave it for someone else to buy.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

s1ppycup posted:

The devotion is pretty amazing once you get used to the "spin-up". It's laser-accurate and has a super long effective range. It's the volt's big bro.
Yeah Devotion's real good too but I'm partial to the Spitfire due to the first game and also I tend to pick fights where the spin-up gets me killed.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Insert name here posted:

Yeah Devotion's real good too but I'm partial to the Spitfire due to the first game and also I tend to pick fights where the spin-up gets me killed.

spitfire's accuracy falloff at long range killed it for me, the spinup hits of the devotion feel like they're as accurate as the spitfire hits at any range

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
I picked this up the other day, really enjoyed the single player, and have fun with the multiplayer, although the matchmaker seems to be pretty inconsistent with balancing teams out. I've been trying out a lot of the weapons just to get the easy merits on the first few level ups on them, and so I ask: Is the accelerator just completely worthless? It seems like any range it is effective at the other smgs do just as well, and due to its rather short falloff there seems to be no niche it works in. Am I missing something while using it?

Why is everyone talking about mountain dew?

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Mastiff + Stim + Battery is a fun way to play.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

zolthorg posted:

do you want to try it today? i'll go buy a code and then give you the code and then also report to the titanfall ppl that it isn't working with a picture of a receipt and the product and code

pls keep discussion in thread to how cute and amazing titanfall is not your tweenager plans to 'scam free coads'

This is the dumbest backseat modding I've ever seen, nice.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, I use Bumper Jumper. The default layout is hilariously bad. Still, would appreciate the ability to use R1/L1 as my triggers.

I'm not sure what would qualify it as hilariously bad. It uses the gold standard for pretty much every shooter. Not that I don't see the appeal of the bumper jumper layout.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

I'm not sure what would qualify it as hilariously bad. It uses the gold standard for pretty much every shooter. Not that I don't see the appeal of the bumper jumper layout.

Counterintuitive to the way the game needs to be played. How are you supposed to maintain momentum or bunny-hop with any accuracy if your right thumb is constantly having to leave the aim stick in order to twiddle between slide and jump?

I'm not sure if standard shooter controls apply to a game that's way more about traversal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

zolthorg posted:

Yes. Send me a code.