Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

WickedHate posted:

My partner killed herself.

This isn't a good year.

Oh goddamn, I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how much you must be reeling from that still, and now all this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Now, more than ever, we need each other
so join secret Santa!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Little weirded out that this happens right as I decide to re-read New Frontier.

It's never a bad time to re-read New Frontier.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Seems like a good time to buy and read Prez too.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

OhFunny posted:

With the lack of resolution, you'd get even more bummed.

e: And the Running Man for immigrants game show probably isn't quite as silly.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Madkal posted:

Great Mod Waterhaul was Irish I think.

And I still am!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nice one, you piece of poo poo. (He has since deleted it.)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Truly if there's one group of people who don't need help for mental health issues, it's veterans.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Endless Mike posted:

Hoo boy this was an unpleasant tweet to read today!

ed: Joke answer: He writes bad comics so it should come as to no surprise that he has bad, actively toxic opinions.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 10, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
welp dropping action comics and whatever he write.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Endless Mike posted:

Good to know which comics to ignore in the future. Luckily they aren't good ones anyways. This is one of the few upsides with such events - people drop their masks.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

What a weird thing to say.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it Jurgens.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

OhFunny posted:

I said it before but it is a really really really good time to read the Prez issue of Sandman found in the Worlds End trade.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm more offended people are still reading Action Comics.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I recently read these stories from veterans, or relatives of veterans who committed suicide. I wanted to share because ignorant opinions like Jurgens' perpetuates the toxic idea that seeking help is a weakness, but these stories show just how important therapy and treatment are. There's no shame in doing whatever you can to improve your life.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hey, the election's 95% stopped feeling like a horrible illness and is now just an unpleasant reality.

:toot:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

Hey, the election's 95% stopped feeling like a horrible illness and is now just an unpleasant reality.

:toot:

One thing will never change: Ice cream fixes everything.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I know it's political and not comic book related but this is a list of charities I compiled for a Facebook post and if you are feeling helpless and sad remember you can make a deference in beating intolerance by supporting those who need help

1. Planned Parenthood
Probably the biggest mark as far as republicans and charities go. Trump has made it clear that women deserve no agency, and the republicans have spent years trying to defund an organization that seeks to help women

https://secure.ppaction.org/site/Donation2%85

2. ACLU
Despite saying he believes in "law and order" Trump and his supporters feel that if you are a minority you don't deserve any rights. The ACLU is there defend those who society says shouldn't be defended. They are there to give a voice to those remain voiceless

https://www.aclu.org/

3. RAINN
Trump has shown that sexual abuse/assault is still not treated seriously. That people in power can do whatever they want to those they see below them and people will just laugh it off. RAINN is a charity that helps those who have suffered from sexual assault. The kind that Trump and his followers have no problem committing

https://donate.rainn.org/

4. GSA (Gay-Straight Alliance)
One thing that has been in the news the past few months is the "bathroom bill" saying that transgendered people can't use the washroom of their choosing. Trump's VP, Pence, is staunchly anti-anything LGBTQ related. Some rednecks in the sticks want to tell people in the city who they can and cannot marry. Children should go to special camps to "get the gay out of them". The GSA is there to lend support, especially to the youth, who are everything that Trump and his supporters hate

https://gsanetwork.org/civicrm/contribute/transact%85

5. Hispanic and Latino Charities of the USA
It's been no secret that Trump and his followers have proudly rallied against the Latino population, calling those from Mexico rapists and thieves. The HLCUSA supports a variety of charities that aid the Hispanic and Latino communities in the USA

http://www.hlcusa.org/home/

6. National Partnership For Women and Famlies.
Pretty much said what I needed to say in regards to Planned Parenthood but here is another charity dedicated to helping women in need

http://www.nationalpartnership.org/our-impact/

7. Clinton Foundation
Wanted to end off with this one, because despite what Trump and his supporters say, the Clinton Foundation actually does a lot of a good work for the world, and what better way to stick it to Trump than to donate to the foundation.

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/

One final note. There are plenty of other charities out there that you can donate to, and these were just some suggestions. Do your part and help those who are going to need help in the months/years to come.
Also, one last piece of advice. The one "charity" I would recommend not giving to is the Trump Foundation. Any money given to them will probably go towards the building of a solid gold statue of Donald Trump anyway.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

This is not the political forum. Please stop.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's a chat thread, for chatting. What did you expect.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Whoa people chat about stuff besides comics in a thread specifically posted for chat about stuff besides comics? Who knew?!

That list is really good. Please read that list and click those links.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Jurgens did post an apology and indicate that from talking to people who responded to him that he understands why what he said was lovely. For whatever that's worth.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
-puts down the Dan JERKens sign I worked so hard on- :sigh:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Jurgens did post an apology and indicate that from talking to people who responded to him that he understands why what he said was lovely. For whatever that's worth.

none. gently caress him.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
*puts telly on, sees Leonard Cohen has died, literally yell "gently caress OFF gently caress OFF gently caress OFF JUST gently caress OFF" at said telly like a lunatic*

I am so loving over you, 2016. GTFO, you worthless shitpile trash heap of a year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sentinel Red posted:

*puts telly on, sees Leonard Cohen has died, literally yell "gently caress OFF gently caress OFF gently caress OFF JUST gently caress OFF" at said telly like a lunatic*

I am so loving over you, 2016. GTFO, you worthless shitpile trash heap of a year.

That man was literally the soundtrack of my youth. I was sitting in the basement in 1993 watching Pump Up the Volume and discovered his amazing voice in that lackluster flick.

2016 took my favorite artist (Cooke) and now my favorite singer (Cohen). I can not deal with anything else.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
We should all protest

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
On this lovely day in this lovely week, don't forget that there are still heroes out there. Some of them even dress like the fictional kind.

(story about this one here )

And who can forget this:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That man was literally the soundtrack of my youth. I was sitting in the basement in 1993 watching Pump Up the Volume and discovered his amazing voice in that lackluster flick.

2016 took my favorite artist (Cooke) and now my favorite singer (Cohen). I can not deal with anything else.

I still got a couple heroes left, but the year ain't over.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I still got a couple heroes left, but the year ain't over.

I've stopped liking anything lest it be violently wretched out of my life.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cross-posting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYfrhnu-ATY

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

jesus christ who writes these loving headlines

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

[I]Are you

Mover posted:

Are you loving kidding me

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not one of those "trying to be relevant to the site's content" dumb headlines, it's on purpose trying to be funny. And failing.

Incidentally I didn't know you could put a video with nudity on Youtube.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Jude Terror, late of the Outhousers, perhaps best remembered for his recent 'THE COMIC INDUSTRY NEEDS TO DIE, ITS HISTORY IS RIDDLED WITH AWFUL AND TERRIBLE DECISIONS FOR WHICH IT DESERVES TO DIE, gently caress EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH IT, also yeah I know I didn't do "research" for this and maybe a lot of my "facts" are wrong, but just because I am factually wrong doesn't change the fact that the comics industry is guilty of all of the things I got wrong, also at least it's gotten people talking, that's the important thing, go gently caress yourself, you spineless loving weaklings, I'm not angry, you're the ones who are loving angry, I'm just writing stuff for fun, my life is great and I'm not mad, gently caress you all you loving pieces of poo poo.' Manifesto.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mover posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Incidentally I didn't know you could put a video with nudity on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ic9yZ_BvsQ

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

That is hilarious but those mustaches need to be frog-marched into a boxcar headed directly for the post-irony camps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

*camera pans to me shaking my mustache at you*

• Locked thread