Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Rated PG-34 posted:

I'm not, because I feel that I have reasonable debate skills and could find the holes in their ideology if need be.

Then go to stormfront.org, log into your account and start posting you loving creep. I'm sure you can shut the place down seeing as you're a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Also, don't call him president elect or president. Call him Trump. Or racist piece of poo poo.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

RaySmuckles posted:

plus, roberts isn't going to overturn roe v wade. he's very conscious of his legacy and the role of the supreme court. he isn't going to be the dude that banned abortion.

yeah the dude who gutted the vra because he believes racism is over is conscious of his legacy lol

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Odobenidae posted:

Then go to stormfront.org, log into your account and start posting you loving creep. I'm sure you can shut the place down seeing as you're a genius.

Storm front is an echo chamber and they would just ban me.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

So manufacturing jobs aren't coming back, but if Congress gives Trump he infrastructure bill they wouldn't give Obama, that's a ton of construction jobs

And of course they could have done that at any time over the past six years but that would have made a Democrat look good

gently caress unity

These fuckers deserve poo poo
And this is exactly what they're going to do if they can get the recalictrant Paultards on board (or con the Dems into not being just as obstructionist, which puts them in a bad place, but hey Reps are in charge now its Dems turn to be the party of no).

This is also why I think they'll leave the filibuster alone in the Senate. They a) need a check on the crazies in their own party and b) need someone to blame for checking them

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So among many other things this election ruined MSNBC for me so I haven't been using them to keep up with the aftermath. How have they been dealing with the loss? Have they started blaming millennials yet?

PKJC
May 7, 2009

idiotsavant posted:

This has been the Democratic problem for 16 loving years.

Yeah I know we can probably count the number who would do this on one hand, I'm just saying leaving it alone gives them a veil of legitimacy, it lets them pretend they're being good sports in their victory when in reality they will just try to pass the exact same thing 50 times if that's what is needed to ram through their idiocy.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

shitthatdidnthappen.tweet

oh i didn't see this, you're just another piece of poo poo racist

PKJC
May 7, 2009

Lessail posted:

Not emptyquoting, gently caress that guy

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

MickeyFinn posted:

I'm not trying to place blame for the election of Trump. I'm telling you that when you say this:

You are flat loving wrong. Trump is already bad, really bad. His policy decisions from here on out is just icing on the racist cake. Even if he ushered in full communism or 1000 years of liberal darkness by cloning RBG and stacking the court with her immortal presence. 50 million people is this country said it is ok to call Mexicans criminals, and 'Blacks are lazy' and brag about sexual assault and threaten our allies with abandonment, and advocate war crimes. All of this is ok if you tell me I'm going to have a job, or your opponent is Hillary Clinton. That is horrific.

dude, you've never voted for someone who had platforms you disagreed with? i voted for obama in 2012. does that mean i tacitly support extra judicial killings, domestic spying, bailing out banks, refusing to prosecute white collar crime, keeping gitmo open, and staffing the government with Goldman Sachs employees? gently caress no.

someone already posted a thing in this thread about how people voted for him DESPITE not agreeing with everything he said.

Lessail posted:

come on, lessail. we're supposed to be basketball buddies.

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Nov 11, 2016

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Rated PG-34 posted:

I'm saying ideology X should be judged on its merits.
Nazism was judged on its merits about seventy years ago. It failed miserably, and unfortunately the misery spread beyond the Nazis.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Lessail posted:

yeah the dude who gutted the vra because he believes racism is over is conscious of his legacy lol

though it is amazing just how much cover gay marriage gave him, loving masterstroke by him

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Rated PG-34 posted:

I'm not, because I feel that I have reasonable debate skills and could find the holes in their ideology if need be.

A Nazi on the street is not interested in debating you. A Nazi on the forums isn't interested in debating you in good faith. If you want to debate some Nazis, why don't you go to Stormfront and make your case for inclusiveness so you can all logically debate the merits of White Nationalism and the Evil Jew.

Being a Nazi bigot is a good thing. Normalizing their stupid murderous rhetoric is part of why we're in the situation we're in right now.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

readingatwork posted:

Have they started blaming millennials yet?
They started before the polls even closed.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Fojar38 posted:

Trump's base is midwestern blue collar whites. McConnell is from Kentucky.

Trump is more popular (at least for now) in Kentucky than any Republican in the commonwealth

There were counties with 150-year democratic voting streaks, that had defied republicans ranging from George W. Bush to Ronald Reagan to Dwight Eisenhower to Teddy Roosevelt, that had never voted for McConnell or any statewide Republican either. Trump won those counties in massive landslides

Trump is not only popular here, but uniquely so.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lessail posted:

though it is amazing just how much cover gay marriage gave him, loving masterstroke by him

and obamacare. but your point on the vra is well taken

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

mcmagic posted:

Also, don't call him president elect or president. Call him Trump. Or racist piece of poo poo.

He is the president-elect. That's the reality. Might as well face it.

Or you could just call him He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, I dunno.

Captain Failcon
Jul 19, 2008

dill with it
Storm front is well moderated and they've been using new forum software more advanced than SA's for quite some time, lets post there

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Lessail posted:

He knows that history gets whitewashed. It's not like any of the high school history books we get from here on out (thanks Texas) will mention his court beyond gay marriage.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

and obamacare. but your point on the vra is well taken

yeah it was terrible "we need a study on whether per-clearence is still needed please ignore that one was done within the last five years lol"

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

RaySmuckles posted:

dude, you've never voted for someone who had platforms you disagreed with? i voted for obama in 2012. does that mean i tacitly support extra judicial killings, domestic spying, bailing out banks, refusing to prosecute white collar crime, keeping gitmo open, and staffing the government with Goldman Sachs employees? gently caress no.

someone already posted a thing in this thread about how people voted for him DESPITE not agreeing with everything he said.

Actually, yes, you did support all of those things that Obama did. And I did when I voted for him too. You do not get to pick the parts of the candidate you vote for, you vote for the whole thing and you live with your choices. The people who saw Trump's racism, understood it as so and voted for him despite it are worse than the people who thought he was just showing off for the cameras, or didn't care, or whatever.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Rated PG-34 posted:

I'm not defending nazis. I'm defending that people of any ideology can post here so that that ideology can be judged on its merits. If a nazi posts here, he ought to be shamed and ridiculed vs just outright banned because shaming and ridiculing them is some form of outreach.

Here's the "merits" of Nazi ideology:

Get the gently caress out of here with that poo poo.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

kartikeya posted:

Nazi ideology has no merit and we don't need to let them shitpost just to make really really sure and feel all warm and fuzzy about being inclusive.

Also, I'm pretty sure all the people Nazis think are subhuman garbage that should be purged from the earth will be totally okay with that. I mean, that is Nazi ideology, if you're a Nazi and get banned for posting it, it's because you got banned thinking it was once hot poo poo to systematically murder millions and millions of people and we should totally talk about how that kind of thing is fine, because otherwise how do people even know you're a Nazi?

Yeah, you're right that those derails would be annoying. I can get behind some general ideological ground rules such as not espousing genocide or racism/sexism.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

BadOptics posted:

Here's the "merits" of Nazi ideology:

Get the gently caress out of here with that poo poo.

Where are my vietnam.jpgs when I need them.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Also, don't call him president elect or president. Call him Donnie . Or racist piece of poo poo.

ftfy.

Or Don't call him that because the NSA might use that to track you.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Rated PG-34 posted:

I'm saying ideology X should be judged on its merits.

The only ideology being talked about here is Nazism. If you are such a spineless dork that you can't admit "Nazism is not worth discussion" on a drat online forum then what's going to happen when you're walking down the street and see an actual skinhead doing actual nazi things like beating up a black kid? Walk up to him and hand him your wallet? Tell him that you don't agree with his actions but you respect his freedom to think whatever he wants? Start beating yourself up to give him a head start? Get a clue, dude.

Morzhovyye fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 11, 2016

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

RaySmuckles posted:

shitthatdidnthappen.tweet

i'm talking about a national ban on abortion and making women attend funerals for their dead babies, as the op mentioned.

i mention wall street because its in the northeast, where i'm originally from. people out there are fiscally rear end in a top hat conservatives but they're also considerably liberal in terms of social policy (non-racial social policy, mind you). they don't want trump and they despise evangelical republican bullshit like a national ban on abortion that would also affect them.

abortion rights will be stripped at the state level, in poor rural states. that's all i'm saying. there is no fear of a national abortion ban because that poo poo don't fly.

The vice president who wants that just got elected. They were not shy about not liking abortion this year.

'non-racial social policy' boils down to 'stuff I actually care about', aka, Wall Street is far more favorable to gay rights and gay marriage because rich gay white dudes exist. A national abortion ban would do as much to mess with them as would the state erosion of Roe v. Wade over the past decade, aka, gently caress all. They can get their abortions if they want them or need them. Caring about a national abortion ban means caring about the welfare of people poorer than them, and ahahahahahahahaha this is loving Wall Street.

Also, Wall Street didn't want Trump either, and here we are, so.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Lol apparently Hillary was wondering in the woods and a hiker bumped into her

Was it that Japanese suicide forest?

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Rated PG-34 posted:

So you're here to make some dumb as gently caress false equivalence between Nazi totalitarianism and liberal democracy because both have started wars sometimes? gently caress off.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Odobenidae posted:

The only ideology being talked about here is Nazism. If you are such a spineless idiot that you can't admit "Nazism is not worth discussion" on a drat online forum then what's going to happen when you're walking down the street and see an actual skinhead doing actual nazi things like beating up a black kid? Walk up to him and hand him your wallet? Tell him that you don't agree with his actions but you respect his freedom to think whatever he wants? Start beating yourself up to give him a head start? Get a clue, dude.

Originally we were talking about the leftist purges that happened circa 2008.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MickeyFinn posted:

Actually, yes, you did support all of those things that Obama did. And I did when I voted for him too. You do not get to pick the parts of the candidate you vote for, you vote for the whole thing and you live with your choices. The people who saw Trump's racism, understood it as so and voted for him despite it are worse than the people who thought he was just showing off for the cameras, or didn't care, or whatever.

i disagree because i ALSO voted for a representative and senator that opposed those things. in a two party electoral system you ARE voting for the things you like and can still oppose the things you dislike

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

kartikeya posted:

I'm scared of literal Nazis. Like the ones that just helped our new president get elected.

And internet Nazis can just get hosed.

Pretty sure there are neonazis and white supremacists who post on Somethingawful. Having their lovely beliefs called out repeatedly hasn't changed poo poo about them.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

twitter video if you don't want to deal with msnbc player https://twitter.com/allinwithchris/status/796889257344282625

The Dems not talking about the GOP stealing the SCOTUS seat is something that should've been brought up constantly during the election because holy poo poo how do you not constantly use something so major as a constantly reminder that the GOP cannot be loving trusted to do their jobs.

If Trump or his advisors want to give any sort of Dem insurgency a but blown Garland's name will on his short list of nominees. Doesn't matter if he has zero intent to re-nominate Garland. The media would grab it and run with "Trump attempting to be a uniter" or some other flowery poo poo and when Trump picks Arch-Scalia it'll just make the Dems look a little worse if they try to cause problems since the narrative would be that Trump gave Garland fair consideration.

mcmagic posted:

Yeah Trump only got 63% of the vote in Kentucky.

Thanks. Also, where the hell has this messaging been for the last year. Would've been easier if Garland wasn't such a boring nominee. Probably Obama's biggest failure as president.

His worst pick is Comey. It's not even close.

Even if we ignore the original press conference where Comey made his language as negative as possible about Clinton, Comey's "oh we're looking in to stuff maybe related to Clinton" letter a week before the election was the most blatant political meddling imaginable. If some random generic Democrat ran the FBI then the initial decision not to prosecute would've had a "she didn't do anything illegal, the end" statement. Not the "well... it's technically not illegal but it was dumb bad awful terrible stupid poo poo please reuse this attack ad soundbite" statement. Or the last minute kneecapping with his letter about Weiner's computer.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Rated PG-34 posted:

Yeah, you're right that those derails would be annoying. I can get behind some general ideological ground rules such as not espousing genocide or racism/sexism.

Which is what Nazism is. So, you know, that sounds like you're okay with not tolerating actual Nazis on this here internet forum.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

SoggyBobcat posted:

So you're here to make some dumb as gently caress false equivalence between Nazi totalitarianism and liberal democracy because both have started wars sometimes? gently caress off.

Lol. I'm referring to the anti-communism ideology that helped justify many an atrocity.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Rated PG-34 posted:

Oh poo poo, you sure got me. You know if you think about it no human society was purely just so we should just all self-select for extinction.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

kartikeya posted:

Which is what Nazism is. So, you know, that sounds like you're okay with not tolerating actual Nazis on this here internet forum.

Yeah, I'm conceding that.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

idiotsavant posted:

Yo, this is the way to not do it. You can acknowledge that white factory workers in Wisconsin have it lovely while also acknowledging the fact that minorities also have it pretty lovely, and black Americans have it especially lovely and that all of these diverse needs can be taken care of without trying to eliminate or erase their experiences and concerns. There is absolutely a cultural/identity politics piece of the puzzle.

But this is the loving problem - people are seeing we need to reach back to ALL poor whites, regardless of how racist and bigoted they are.

We can absolutely (and do, and need to flesh out and broadcast constantly) have a plan to help these people, but if we shut up and just let them go full klansman we are doing a disservice to minorities. We absolutely cannot offer them preferential treatment over minorities or to have these lovely views unquestioned like they want, and the question is if saying "we can save your town, but you also need to stop doing that" is enough to get these people. From the lists people keep putting out, no. That's just "coastal elitism" to expect that they not try to piss on everyone else in the coalition.

THAT is why this is getting framed as either or.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

RaySmuckles posted:

i disagree because i ALSO voted for a representative and senator that opposed those things. in a two party electoral system you ARE voting for the things you like and can still oppose the things you dislike

Nope, you buy the whole hog, son, not just the tasty bacon. If you don't like the two party system, fix it. 100% of Trump supporters are racist because they voted for a racist, except for Trump because he is that racist.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

What can be done about this? It's so awful and disgusting. I sent a bunch of examples like this to my conservative parents to try and get them to see the other side (and asked them to send me anything they want and I'll look at it). But this is just terrible. Maybe a dumb question, but is there any (*ANY*) chance that Trump gets in front of this? I have no expectations he will, because he never has before, but he needs to get out in front of this now.
Everytime I've seen this exchange on my facebook, said conservative parents counter with pictures of angry college kids in California torching poo poo and flipping the bird at cops or the video of the white guy who was beat up in Chicago during a traffic altercation during which some black folks accused him of being a Trump voter, or just outright call bullshit and that it didn't happen and were all 'false flag' or 'oh no someone wrote Trump on a door, I need my safe space' (they really need to change the first picture in that link for the tl;dr crowd, its way too easy to dismiss)
Hell there were even people in the comments on the news story out of Michigan about the kids chanting 'build a wall' at Hispanic kids in the lunchroom at middle school defending it as 'free speech' and 'you can't say that's racist if its what they believe.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Rated PG-34 posted:

Originally we were talking about the leftist purges that happened circa 2008.

Yeah it was presented as a bad thing and I agree, then you said.

Rated PG-34 posted:

If people got purged because of their ideology, it's bullshit even if they are literal nazis.

To which I started laughing and here we are. Thank you for playing devil's advocate for the Nazis, I'm sure it was worth it.

• Locked thread