Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Slammy posted:

Dick Tracy (August, 2009, click for big)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Creeps

Cul de Sac

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Kliban

Lockhorns

Whose birthday is it? Why is everyone happy?

Moose and Molly

Office Hours

Reply All

Safe Havens

This is such a weird comic.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought we weren't doing safe haven anymore. It looks like its in the middle of a storyline. What'd we miss?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

RandomPauI posted:

I thought we weren't doing safe haven anymore. It looks like its in the middle of a storyline. What'd we miss?

I'm not planning on posting it regularly and I don't really know what's going on in detail. There was an election between merfolk and the bad guy wanted to do something bad but fortunately the good guy won and the bad guy disappeared, and then they started talking about future elections where apparently a bunch of animals-turned-into-humans are planning on running or something. I just posted that one because it struck me as particularly representative of how weird it gets.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

quote:

I have no loving clue

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

Super Fun Paks confuse me when their just a straight punchline instead of weird meta poo poo.

the weird meta poo poo is it's a charlie brown parody

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Wanamingo ate a perma-toxx :ohdear: Their contributions to this thread will be sorely missed.

Picking up with Arlo and Janis:

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Colorist's error, or is it supposed to look like she's staring wide-eyed into the void, paralyzed and utterly unable to sleep for the performance pressure?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

sweeperbravo posted:

1. I always like your one-liners

2. I think my favorite Dinettes are the ones with non-dinettes looking on with some mix of disappointment/Are You Serious/The Urge.

1. As shucks, thanks! :shobon:
2. I do love how oblivious they always are to the world's disappointment/disgust in them.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

My Lovely Horse posted:

Colorist's error, or is it supposed to look like she's staring wide-eyed into the void, paralyzed and utterly unable to sleep for the performance pressure?

The latter, I bet. Arlo and Janis is a Good Comic.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Holy poo poo, they actually killed the dog.

Slammy posted:

Guess If They Are Married! (click for big)

"It get's"

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 11, 2016

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

I challenge the author to try and give a cat a foot rub.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Nenonen posted:

I have no loving clue

He wanted to show off a few wrinkles (i.e. get some work in) while dressed stylishly, but his suit got way more wrinkles than he expected. Given it's And He Did I assume this also killed him, somehow.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Wanamingo ate a perma-toxx :ohdear: Their contributions to this thread will be sorely missed.

I'll take care of this garbage (until I get bored in few weeks).

Nancy

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

SomeMathGuy posted:

He wanted to show off a few wrinkles (i.e. get some work in) while dressed stylishly, but his suit got way more wrinkles than he expected. Given it's And He Did I assume this also killed him, somehow.

Whew, thanks. The language just causes me hyperventilate - like what is a crash suit? Google gives types of motorcycle suits, but that's not it. Encyclopaedia Britannica informs me that crash means a rugged fabric, but it doesn't sound like something you'd make a dish cloth out of, not a suit.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Nenonen posted:

Whew, thanks. The language just causes me hyperventilate - like what is a crash suit? Google gives types of motorcycle suits, but that's not it. Encyclopaedia Britannica informs me that crash means a rugged fabric, but it doesn't sound like something you'd make a dish cloth out of, not a suit.

It actually is the second one. Suits made of that fabric were in style at the time.

SomeMathGuy fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 11, 2016

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Ripley's

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts

(November 13, 1969)

(November 11, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean, in which Frankie Daterapist sucks at his job.

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire, in which Cobra makes a new friend.

Out Our Way (January 3-4, 1930)

Thimble Theater (May 30-31, 1930)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean, in which Frankie Daterapist sucks at his job.

I'm really amused by this because it got set up like they were going to enact some evil plan, and sure, they might still, but clearly even the villains of Funky Winkerbean aren't immune to depressing failure.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

WickedHate posted:

I'm really amused by this because it got set up like they were going to enact some evil plan, and sure, they might still, but clearly even the villains of Funky Winkerbean aren't immune to depressing failure.

It doesn't hurt that as far as evil geniuses go, Frankie's a straight up middle management type.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hey, remember this?

Today's Kelly from The Onion:

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

I have three or four of these within a walking distance from my house. They're awesome (for a commie fad); one is a built-to-scale TARDIS and another has proof copies from the publisher with weird artwork that doesn't make it to the on-sale version.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
I bet they shot a fake dog in Radio Patrol.

I mean, he wasn't coming when he was called and they kinda kept his face in shadow too.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Evil Mastermind posted:

Hey, remember this?

Today's Kelly from The Onion:

God, Sutton couldn't even manage a crying liberty. These are dark days.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Making it so complicated. "Hey, guys, we're totally up for going out on a casual hangout as friends. It's not a date and we're not interested in romance. If that's cool with you, let's go! If not, see you in class." The only reason you even need to be that explicit is that Jock clearly really wants it to be a date.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Radio Patrol

"And then after they kill Pinky, they won't be able to escape!"

:(
Pat runs around the corner: "Oh no! I heard a shot! Pinky! Are you--dammit they missed him!"

Pastry of the Year posted:

Well I hope he gets to come back. I now it's a permaban but still it's not like any of them actually did anything wrong. I mean these kinds of toxxes are more or less symbolic, right?

F Minus

Mary Worth

"Oh, Wilbur. One day I might find myself looking in your eyes. But, for now, we'll go on living...separate lives."

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

"Oh, Wilbur. One day I might find myself looking in your eyes. But, for now, we'll go on living...separate lives."
Remind me again what he's travelling the world to write about? And for what paper?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Remind me again what he's travelling the world to write about? And for what paper?

"Survivors". And whatever paper Mary is writing her column for (which was originally his job).

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah he's going to visit "survivors" to interview them. He can relate with, say, and earthquake survivor in a third world country because of his brush with death aboard a luxury cruise that sank in an accident wherein probably no one actually died. He is being sent around the world by the local paper he works at in his probably what would be considered a small "city," which is totally realistic because newspapers are just bursting with cash these days.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Yeah he's going to visit "survivors" to interview them. He can relate with, say, and earthquake survivor in a third world country because of his brush with death aboard a luxury cruise that sank in an accident wherein probably no one actually died. He is being sent around the world by the local paper he works at in his probably what would be considered a small "city," which is totally realistic because newspapers are just bursting with cash these days.

Is it actually a local paper? I thought he was syndicated or something. I can't imagine a major news outlet paying for one if their work-from-home people to travel the world, let alone a state or city level one.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

:crossarms:

You could do this with pretty much any noun. This is a very lazy joke about Kids These Days. Also the girl is right to inquire about the balloon's technological capabilities, $5 is absurd for a regular balloon.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

:ms: :)

Transmodiar posted:

I have three or four of these within a walking distance from my house. They're awesome (for a commie fad); one is a built-to-scale TARDIS and another has proof copies from the publisher with weird artwork that doesn't make it to the on-sale version.

Oh cool, so it's larger on the inside?

SomeMathGuy posted:

God, Sutton couldn't even manage a crying liberty. These are dark days.

Sutton? Who is that? But this must be an exciting time for Kelly, President Trump seems like the kind of leader who would unironically retweet his cartoons. That'll show that greedy hag of an ex-wife for leaving him...

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Steve Sutton is too busy making the days teas to draw a crying liberty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is it actually a local paper? I thought he was syndicated or something. I can't imagine a major news outlet paying for one if their work-from-home people to travel the world, let alone a state or city level one.
I don't actually know for sure. I'm not even sure if he was on a cruise or if it was a ferry or what, and I don't really want to take the time to investigate. I'm pretty sure he's local, because I can't see who would send a syndicated advice columnist to Japan to interview nuclear accident survivors, and I vaguely remember him getting the assignment from his editor after he wrote his piece on surviving the ship accident (but that might be my imagination).

But yeah, the point I was making is it's pretty ridiculous to think this would actually happen.

• Locked thread