Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Tias posted:

It's the same here in Europe. Our freepers go "dey take are jerbs" every time they get, until a TV documentary actually showed how loving hard and lovely immigrant jobs are, and how no white person would even consider taking them.

If those fucks want to work at slaughterhouses with no real worker protection they should go do it so they, too, can die at the ripe age of 48.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

The ACA is something you will not get back in a generation once it is torn up, and that much seems likely. Beyond that my main fear (self-serving as I am not American) the insanity of Putin. The commitment to NATO and willingness to fight about international matters is not an undivided good of the US, but the counterbalance really is necessary.

I really doubt Trump will ruin anything that cannot be fixed beyond that though. Even the SCOTUS issue, while unfortunate, is something I doubt he will play that hardball about, he is not solve religious nut.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The idea that I've had is that McConnell and Ryan have healthy egos too, and they're not going to roll over to Trump and lose what influence they have left in the party. The idea that the whole system will become an assembly line because everyone has the same letter next to their name isn't true, because as noted Trump is the very definition of a RINO. There's some cases where it will become a rubber stamp; the Supreme Court seat looks like it'll be one, but the party still has their agenda and if Trump wants to go in a different direction you're going to see the infighting kick up.

Now if Ryan loses his speakership to someone from the House Freedom Caucus and all the angry Trump supporters start bearing down on McConnell, then you run the risk that the system becomes Trumps and Trumps alone. But I don't think that'll happen, if only because Congress is going to want some insurance in case Trump's presidency goes south.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

How much of what they attribute to George Soros can actually be attributed to George Soros?

Wait. Let me rephrase. I know they blame literally everything on George Soros. Pretty much the only time I hear of the guy are in these fringe right wing circles. Does he donate to candidates, at least?

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Dude, he donates to candidates. He pays women to get abortions. He sends checks to thugs for playing the knockout game.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

myron cope posted:

How much of what they attribute to George Soros can actually be attributed to George Soros?

Wait. Let me rephrase. I know they blame literally everything on George Soros. Pretty much the only time I hear of the guy are in these fringe right wing circles. Does he donate to candidates, at least?

Yeah he's a major donor. But more importantly hes a rich politically active Jew. Therefore he's a blood drinking Nazi (literally an accusation) Puppetmaster.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I want to ask this somewhere, because it's something I heard on the night and it's become, while not a hope, a curiosity. And somehow this thread's one of the saner and more rational D&D threads, who probably won't go crazy in a derail about it.

Trump has some lawsuits coming up. I know there's the rape case in December, and the Trump University case sometime (I think it's ongoing?), possibly more. Presume he loses one or more of these, what happens? Since I'm pretty sure you can't be elected as a felon, I'm sure something does, but not what.

I know at some point it becomes President Pence (oh god), but is there a point before that when it becomes even more baffling? Or a point afterwards when it doesn't even matter? Is there even precedent for us to know at all?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Cleretic posted:

I want to ask this somewhere, because it's something I heard on the night and it's become, while not a hope, a curiosity. And somehow this thread's one of the saner and more rational D&D threads, who probably won't go crazy in a derail about it.

Trump has some lawsuits coming up. I know there's the rape case in December, and the Trump University case sometime (I think it's ongoing?), possibly more. Presume he loses one or more of these, what happens? Since I'm pretty sure you can't be elected as a felon, I'm sure something does, but not what.

I know at some point it becomes President Pence (oh god), but is there a point before that when it becomes even more baffling? Or a point afterwards when it doesn't even matter? Is there even precedent for us to know at all?

Rape case was dropped because woman was continually harassed and hounded by the brownshirt Trump supporters.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Cleretic posted:

I don't think there's an actual answer to this. We'll just have to wait and see! Bring popcorn.

Trump Us civil and not criminal I think so there'll be no felon elect from there.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

One is that yeah, we seriously don't know what Trump will do. Obviously stuff like the wall or mass deportation will never happen,
remember when it was "Donald Trump will never be elected!"

Guess what motherfucker

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

You know since he's backed by kkk literal neonazis

You know that the Daily News said the same thing for Hitler right

You should know

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

robotsinmyhead posted:

Trump's "Day One" plan has a lot of stuff in it that could be construed as 'Populist' in a lot of ways. In fact, I quite like a lot them on-paper. Watching FReepers attempt to claim that they were always about these things will be funny.

What's not funny is that all that poo poo is untenable in a GOP-controlled House and Senate and he sure as poo poo knows that. It's intended to look good and fail. Not far after all that stuff is the real shitshow regressive Trump stuff that really got him in office like repealing the PPACA, EPA, Dept of Ed, etc.

What got him in office was a dem shitshow and democrat voters staying home in droves. That doesn't mean we should not be worried about what he'll do, but he wasn't elected to slash the EPA.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tias posted:

What got him in office was a dem shitshow and democrat voters staying home in droves. That doesn't mean we should not be worried about what he'll do, but he wasn't elected to slash the EPA.
yeah, I'm sure the EPA will be perfectly fine with Myron Ebell in charge

Climate Change denier, head of Trump's "EPA transition team" and one of the people he's apparently considering for the job

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Well, by all accounts, Trump is incredibly impressionable. So just find some celebrity he admires, get them to meet him and proclaim how great he is, then have them convince him of the important work the EPA is doing. Maybe it'll help.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Maybe that's what Obama's going to do. Impart the seeds of climate change acceptance.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Maybe that's what Obama's going to do. Impart the seeds of climate change acceptance.

Obama already has Operation Charm Offensive underway: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/11/10/obama-to-welcome-trump-to-white-house-for-first-meeting-since-election/

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Cleretic posted:

He'll do the same thing he has in other cases he couldn't win. He'll settle out. That way he doesn't get branded a criminal legally

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

SocketWrench posted:

Freeper tale 13,064,333. Yeah, if you ran a business, why didn't you have money set aside somewhere in case of issues like this? When I applied for foodstampa because the glorious imperial reign of Rick Snyder and his right to work nonsense put me out of work, I got them right away, albeit only about 200 bucks a month though

Yep and 200 is about the maximum for a single person. But oh no I was laughed out of the office for being white and actually needing help!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

So have they turned on Trump for being a Rino after that? Or are they going with "He's a model of grace and class!"

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ambitious Spider posted:

So have they turned on Trump for being a Rino after that? Or are they going with "He's a model of grace and class!"

Nothing less than him being replaced with Bizarro Trump: The one that isn't a damnable fascist bigot TM is going to get them out of cult of personality. That and the chances that he won't deliver on his promises.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Cleretic posted:

It looks like the university case is Civil, so it's not like he is facing jail. If something truly deplorable comes out, Congress could impeach, but the bar for that is impossibly high given that Trump has already committed half a dozen gaffs, that 20 years ago would have ended any politicians career.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Annointed posted:

Nothing less than him being replaced with Bizarro Trump: The one that isn't a damnable fascist bigot TM is going to get them out of cult of personality. That and the chances that he won't deliver on his promises.

Or they all starve once social security gets gutted in favor of more ocean dicks.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I Greyhound posted:

It looks like the university case is Civil, so it's not like he is facing jail. If something truly deplorable comes out, Congress could impeach, but the bar for that is impossibly high given that Trump has already committed half a dozen gaffs, that 20 years ago would have ended any politicians career.

And for a Republican Congress to impeach a Republican president for anything short of actual, undeniable treason would be unimaginable. Hell, for them to even dream of it would cost every single member their seat.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Nihilarian posted:

remember when it was "Donald Trump will never be elected!"

Guess what motherfucker

Trying to get actual legislation passed through the government is a bit different from persuading people to vote for you.

I figure Trump will probably increase the amount of border guards and maybe do some general repairs on areas of the fence that need it and that'll be the best he'll be able to pull off.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Or they all starve once social security gets gutted in favor of more ocean dicks.

Even then they'll probably smile knowing that Trump is their future and the last thing they see. Remember tax cuts and how much they harm people is proportional to how much of a minority you are. If you're white, chances are it's minute. And the more poor/minority you are, the more the entire place falls into shambles.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Annointed posted:

Even then they'll probably smile knowing that Trump is their future and the last thing they see. Remember tax cuts and how much they harm people is proportional to how much of a minority you are. If you're white, chances are it's minute. And the more poor/minority you are, the more the entire place falls into shambles.

The primary freep demographic relies on social security. Everytime COLA comes up threads pop up there bitching that their welfare checks won't increase.

Also I'm not so sure dying of diabetic ketoacidosis and smiles go well together.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Not to mention literally the only section of the white vote Hillary won was the 50k or less a year bracket. But she definitly lost the "people who identify as working class" bracket like my family. My grandparents screamed at me when I claimed that they weren't working class a couple years ago. 300k or so btw. Own three houses. But one is a "farm" in assnowhere texas they've dumped hundreds of thousands of dollars into to make it more aesthetically "farmy", one is a cabin in the mountains, and the other is a McMansion suburbia. But no. "Working class".

e2: Woops hit the farsi changeover button. Trump did not win the working class vote is what I meant to write.

e3:

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 11, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Annointed posted:

Eh, they'll handle it like they did when Bush was cratering the economy. "It's just a little rough patch before his awesomeness totally gets the ball rolling. We just have to tug the bootstraps for a little bit till those nasty lieberals gently caress off"
After Trump's out of office and the damage has been done to extents it takes another 4-8 years to climb out of they'll disown him as a Republican and insist they never voted for the tangerine

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

SocketWrench posted:

After Trump's out of office and the damage has been done to extents it takes another 4-8 years to climb out of they'll disown him as a Republican and insist they never voted for the tangerine

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but come on: the damage will start right as the new president is taking over and the typical voter with a 1 month attention span will blame THAT guy.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

TotalLossBrain posted:

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but come on: the damage will start right as the new president is taking over and the typical voter with a 1 month attention span will blame THAT guy.

That's how they handled Bush though. When Obummer took office all of the past eight years was his fault, Dubya became poison and everyone distanced themselves from his name after to the point some even forgot him all together and insisted Obama's been running the country since the 2000 elections.
Once the orange one gets things so hosed the mere mention of his name incites responders to rack off his fuckups, the Republicans will toss him like a poo poo filled diaper

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm sure no one does, but don't expect Republicans to take blame for anything now, even when they control it all. They'll find their particular brand of strawman, one who probably wouldn't pass the paper bag test, and blame them.

It's happened for decades, and it won't change now. They're going to gently caress this country up 5 ways from Sunday, then use mental gymnastics to blame minorities and democrats. Then when the next democratic president is elected and tries to fix the damage done, and can't fix it overnight because of the extent of the damage, you'll have the right screaming again about how ineffective Democrats are.

It's a vicious cycle and is enough to make any rational person want to quit this country.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm sure no one does, but don't expect Republicans to take blame for anything now, even when they control it all. They'll find their particular brand of strawman, one who probably wouldn't pass the paper bag test, and blame them.

It's happened for decades, and it won't change now. They're going to gently caress this country up 5 ways from Sunday, then use mental gymnastics to blame minorities and democrats. Then when the next democratic president is elected and tries to fix the damage done, and can't fix it overnight because of the extent of the damage, you'll have the right screaming again about how ineffective Democrats are.

It's a vicious cycle and is enough to make any rational person want to quit this country.

That's exactly what the Tea Party was. The minute Obama became president, and the Republican brand became toxic, they all donned their little tri-corner hats and "Oh my god! The Iraq war is terrible," "the deficit is out of control!"

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From BREAKING: Portland police say anti-Trump protest is 'riot' posted by freeper tcrlaf with keywords: oregon; portland; portlandoregon; riot; soros

Riot, indeed. Minor property damage so far, but still ongoing as I write this. Smashed cars, an electrical box in a park, smashed windows. Standard "anarchists." Yes, any real anarchists can roll their eyes at that. The rioters - at least the ones that appeared on the local 11 o'clock news - seemed to make it pretty clear that they were just taking advantage of the situation to be assholes, with multiple stories about how the actual protesters attempted to intervene. The reporters noted how many rioters weren't afraid of the cameras.

Oh yes, one more thing.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/796900183955095552

Just in case you were wondering why the Soros keyword appeared.

quote:

Portland liberals rioting against Trump. Because, violence and hate are bad... and stuff.

The Soros Cabal/Podesta's MoveOn are creating CHAOS to try and void the election.

1 posted on 11/10/2016, 9:46:29 PM by tcrlaf

quote:

To: tcrlaf

Get one verifiable photo showing a pre-printed sign that can be traced back to a George Soros funded political front group, and you got him on fomenting rioting across state lines, a felony.

2 posted on 11/10/2016, 9:48:20 PM by SpaceBar

quote:

The Thug Party.

5 posted on 11/10/2016, 9:48:49 PM by Gene Eric (Don't be a statist!)

quote:

A mega-tsunami that ran the entire length of the west coast would be a blessing to America.

6 posted on 11/10/2016, 9:48:50 PM by BenLurkin (The above is not a statement of fact. It is either satire or opinion. Or both.)

quote:

To: SpaceBar

Paper trail.

Someone was paying these folks.

10 posted on 11/10/2016, 9:50:15 PM by DoughtyOne (The morning and the evening were the election day. People voted. The Lord saw, and it was good.)

quote:

Just like the riots in Ferguson and Baltimore and yesterday in Oakland: ignorant rabble destroying the city where they live and hurting their neighbors. Of course, the worst of this mob may have been trucked in from outside Portland.

12 posted on 11/10/2016, 9:50:45 PM by Brad from Tennessee (A politician can't give you anything he hasn't first stolen from you.)

Just quoting this one to make sure everyone knows that Rogue treats their IT staff like poo poo and nobody should buy their beer on principle alone.

quote:

I sure hope they stay away from the Rogue Brewhouse, down in the warehouse district. It’s one of the best beer joints on the west coast, with some great beers.

I guess next time I’ll leave my “Make America Great Again” hat in the hotel.

27 posted on 11/10/2016, 9:55:46 PM by zipper (In their heart of hearts, all Democrats are communists)

GOD WILL FIX IT

quote:

FATHER GOD,

In the Name of JESUS we take authority over powers and principalities of sedition and violence in the state of Oregon and targeted cities throughout our nation. Pour out Your SPIRIT on America with Your LOVE and PEACE. Send Your mighty angels to protect the first responders. Empower them to arrest the perpetrators and restore law and order.

In JESUS’ Name we pray. Amen.

30 posted on 11/10/2016, 9:57:09 PM by stars & stripes forever (Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. Psalm 33:12)

quote:

I have no problem protecting my rights and property. Spent 23 years in the USAF defending theirs. They want to spit on mine now, don’t feel compelled to defend people who supported tearing up the constitution and burning the flag from people who are like minded. Too bad they’re not smart enough to see Soros/Clinton/Obama/GOPe minions are only bussed in to areas that hate the 2nd Amendment and the boys in blue!

Keep rioting in liberal areas, no one is more conservative than a recently mugged liberal! George Soros, making Trump Converts daily!

37 posted on 11/10/2016, 9:59:28 PM by Billyv (Freedom isn't Free! Get off the sidelines!)

quote:

To: funfan

Ditto, here.

These are the same forces of darkness and death in tactics used in Venezuela and elsewhere. Our continent is getting worked over by communists and liberation theology together, an especially potent combination of destruction.

62 posted on 11/10/2016, 10:18:48 PM by RitaOK (Viva Christo Rey! Public Education is the farm team for more Marxists coming,... infinitum.)

quote:

To: umgud

“Kneecap a few on live tv and they’ll all settle down pretty quick.”

As we have seen in the Veritas Videos, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THE CORRUPTOCRATS WANT TO HAPPEN.

A couple of useful idiot liberals get hurt or killed, and they use it as an excuse to not allow Trump to take office, “For the good of the nation!”.

Remember, these people are looking at PRISON if Trump keeps his word. I think Obama told him exactly that today.

63 posted on 11/10/2016, 10:19:36 PM by tcrlaf (They told me it could never happen in America. And then it did....)

quote:

To: theoilpainter

I suspect the people sponsoring these riots, want that anger. They want the USA in civil war. Similar to the old Soviet plot to use the Black Panthers back in the 60s to incite a racial war.

I was in high school then, and wondered the same thing - why would anyone trash their own neighborhoods in the name of civil rights, or black power? It was senseless to me. However, today, there is little doubt - read David Horowitz’s book, Radical Son. Explains a lot.

66 posted on 11/10/2016, 10:23:55 PM by greeneyes

quote:

It is technically a Criminal-level Temper Tantrum from Crybaby Safe Spacers.

79 posted on 11/10/2016, 10:34:24 PM by Secret Agent Man (Gone Galt; Not averse to Going Bronson.)

Ever encounter a post that you think you can stop bolding, but then it goes on and on?

quote:

my guess is the Soros money is doing this. Soros could care less about who is actually in the white house he only wants to destabilize this country and create a situation that he can cash in on. my guess is that originally the narrative was meant to be trump supporters rioting but when Hillary did not win he adapted his plan. unfortunately with any group there is a small percentage that can be manipulated into violence. I think that he had operative trying to stroke up conservative into violence. I don’t know how successful this would of been most conservative are not going to just riot. if we protest we usually fallow the law of the land.

86 posted on 11/10/2016, 10:46:26 PM by PCPOET7

The thread goes on a bit more, but I want to end it here.

Flip the roles and implied pejoratives in this post and it might sound more familiar to you, possibly capable of coming out of this thread. It's a post entirely out of place on freep.

quote:

I am going to stake my goal on this site. I am prepared to take all the arrows and catch all the spears.

I PITY these children. They need educated and welcomed. All they have known, their entire lives, is non stop brainwashing from progressive garbage. Unfortunately they are the future. If they are not educated, welcomed, and shown how awesome America really is they will take over again in another 30 years. We need to reach these guys. How??? I don’t know yet. I certainly to enjoy drinking their tears, but in a while I need to think of ways to help them find their ways away from the garbage they have learned from their parents, teachers, and professors.

And I know how difficult it is. I was one of them before I found curiosity that was punished in college. I learned the comfort of conservative Christianity and the value of hard work. We can reach these sad souls. We don’t give up evangelizing Christian values. We must not give up evangelizing conservative liberty based values.

92 posted on 11/10/2016, 10:57:26 PM by Organic Panic (Gentrification in America. Rich White Man Evicts Poor Black Family - MSNBCPBSCNNNYTABC)

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Watch as the media praises the brownshirts and the police approve of their actions.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Annointed posted:

Watch as the media praises the brownshirts and the police approve of their actions.

Happening right now on CNN

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Plinkey posted:

Happening right now on CNN

Are you loving serious? If the electoral college does a repeat of 2000, fascism wins, democracy dies and I actually am worried for so many of my friends.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Nihilarian posted:

yeah, I'm sure the EPA will be perfectly fine with Myron Ebell in charge

Climate Change denier, head of Trump's "EPA transition team" and one of the people he's apparently considering for the job

We're talking past one another. Trump will gently caress up the EPA, but that is not why he was elected. He was elected because he wasn't Clinton - and also, of course, because of the kook vote, but I think "dealing with" illegals and muslims swayed more of them than slashing the EPA.

E: a lot of my US queer and trans friends on facebook are talking about arming themselves. Are Trumps admin going to be as hosed up to LGBTQ people as they think? :(

Tias fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Nov 11, 2016

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Annointed posted:

Are you loving serious? If the electoral college does a repeat of 2000, fascism wins, democracy dies and I actually am worried for so many of my friends.

Yeah, they were showing portland protests and don't even know what 'less than lethal munitions' means they had some police chief on the phone that said it was now a riot and time to bring out the less than lethal munitions, which CNN called 'non-lethal munitions' after they hung up.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tias posted:

E: a lot of my US queer and trans friends on facebook are talking about arming themselves. Are Trumps admin going to be as hosed up to LGBTQ people as they think? :(

Probably not, but Dems getting into the gun culture and getting them out of the bubble and interacting with the rest of america is probably a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Plinkey posted:

Probably not, but Dems getting into the gun culture and getting them out of the bubble and interacting with the rest of america is probably a good thing.

Dems will buy up all the guns and ammo then claim the shortage of ammo and the high price of guns is because Trumps goons are readying the queer internment camps. I hear they bought a billion rounds of ammo for "training exercises".