Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtqJb8Kt3w4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnSeCSgoqNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKgfaReKgQo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oddium posted:

did they come out and confirm how many they have and if you'd get one because um

16. I'm 6th inline.

E: Just got my ticket.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 11, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

Anyone got Tyranny and running it on an older laptop? I kinda assume it will run okay on our 3-year-old laptop but I really don't want any more surprise bad news this week. I wish there was a demo, but at least Steam will refund it if it doesn't run =\

e: patch outta nowhere for This War of Mine with new characters and locations, also apparently Amazon Prime members now get free games every month and TWoM is this month's game

Where is the amazon prime game thing?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Anyone got Tyranny and running it on an older laptop? I kinda assume it will run okay on our 3-year-old laptop but I really don't want any more surprise bad news this week. I wish there was a demo, but at least Steam will refund it if it doesn't run =\

e: patch outta nowhere for This War of Mine with new characters and locations, also apparently Amazon Prime members now get free games every month and TWoM is this month's game

Wait, I'm an amazon prime member, how do I collect this?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Jonas Albrecht posted:

16. I'm 6th inline.

E: Just got my ticket.

enjoy punchout/castlevania/excitebike. game on

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Looper posted:

Who's Axl??

Wakka. B/C he's weirdly racist.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

precision posted:

No, but I know a whole country that recently got tyranny running.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

:smith:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hey FAU I know we haven't always gotten along, but here's my review of your job as Admin so far:

I can't imagine it's been easy what with this election making tempers flare.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Which one? Is it new zealand? i bet it's new zealand

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The Kiwi Republic

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Beat Mega Man 3 (mostly) without cheating so that's one thing I actually accomplished this week :)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

Where is the amazon prime game thing?

It's through Twitch Prime, which comes with Amazon Prime now. You have to create a Twitch account and link it to your Amazon account.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've played Tyranny for two hours now, and 100% of that time was spent making a character

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

It's through Twitch Prime, which comes with Amazon Prime now. You have to create a Twitch account and link it to your Amazon account.

My "free with prime" is just some Watch_Dogs 2 DLC code. lame.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

Same :( Oh well

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

You should have that and This War of Mine both, maybe it hasn't gone up yet

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

You should have that and This War of Mine both, maybe it hasn't gone up yet

Yeah, I found the this page which talks about how we should get the W_D2, This War of Mine, and Punch Club this month. So Maybe it just isn't up yet.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

FirstAidKite posted:

https://meh.com/

They've got an irish stout beer brewing kit

That seems pretty neat, idk if that's a good deal or not tho and idk if that's a good quality thing or not

Normally Mr Beer is a pretty terrible buy since you can get a real homebrew kit for $50, but $25 is a "deal" because the product is normally overpriced and $25 is how much they should be charging for those things. Their article is correct in that its perfect if you think you'll end up trying it once and then never touching it again, but if you do get interested in homebrew as a hobby you'll regret the purchase.

I always laugh at those big dumb brewing rigs, like the oners they linked. Bottling is a chore but its always worth it in the end cause you can share your beer with friends, but Dad's gotta have his rig in the mancave to show off :jerkbag:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hello from Minneapolis everyone!!! I'm away from home with friends. I hope everyone is finding ways to cope in this, the darkest timeline. I have a wireless Logitech keyboard that works with both computer and iPad and it works great! Typing in passwords into iPad is no longer a waking nightmare! Especially ones generated by KeyPass that I've memorized!

On the bus, I caught up with most of Steven Universe and some of Bobs Burgers. Greyhound buses claim to have "expanded legroom", well I can't imagine what their regular legroom looked like because I was not super comfortable sleeping! The couch in this apartment is so much better!

The original plan was to go see an opera on the first night but we went to an anti-Trump rally instead to check it out. It was massive and at one point they went down onto the highway (we stopped there and watched from the bridge). Interestingly a Blue Lives Matter person was among the crowd showing support saying that this is all hosed up. Never would have expected that, considering. But Minneapolis is a pretty liberal city and on its way to becoming the new Portland, so I guess it's not that surprising. We then had local deep dish pizza that was really good and they had a white option which I appreciate with my reflux!! I hope you're enjoying my life story!!

In game news, the local shop here has retro games and I was able to find a cheap copy of GRANSTREAM SAGA, the last ever game by Quintet (Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma) for PS1. I still have a fat PS3 so I will be able to play it when I get home. I also got, for super cheap, the nintendo crossword game for 3DS, Theaterhythm for 3DS and Madworld for Wii. I'll be able to try those out here. Those four games together with tax came to about $40. They had Radiata Stories but it was $30 and Amazon has it for around $20 so I'll probably just get it from there when I get another Amazon gift card. They did not have any NES Classics in stock and apparently they never received their order! Oops! Naughty Nintendo!

I hope your veterans day goes well! Press F to pay respects and remember to game hard but responsibly!

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 11, 2016

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Glad to hear you're having a safe and fun trip, Quest for Glory II!

I've been doing classwork today because grades stop for no election, and I'm going to pass these classes come hell or high water!

But fortunately I'm done for now so I'm thinking casual games and putting my feet up. We're having chili for dinner, too! :D

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I've always wanted granstream saga and am very jealous.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

New Car Boys up

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
It's been a pretty dissociative week so far, but glad to hear that you and others have been coping. I'm probably gonna continue the trend of zoning out by getting into Owlboy at long last.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wanted to start Dishonored but instead I started to watch old AVGN episodes and fell asleep for a while.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Good evening everyone, just stopping by to say: Go see Arrival because it's one of the best movies I've seen all year.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just started Tyranny but man it seems like it's gonna be real fuckin good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Everybody speaks very highly of Great Cave Offensive in Super Star but to me...by far the weakest part of the package...

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

In Training posted:

Everybody speaks very highly of Great Cave Offensive in Super Star but to me...by far the weakest part of the package...

It has some good music.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skeezy posted:

It has some good music.

Undeniable. True of most kirby games though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxhQghflIqg

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD0pc_ueuys

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

I love hunting for treasures and Computer Virus is a real cool boss

Milky Way Wishes wins the prize for most deviously hidden thing tho

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I remembered I had never beat MGSV after losing my save once and restarting and the second time still getting stuck on side mission completionism. Anyway, I kind of forgot where I left off and why the gently caress am I playing as bloody quiet in fatigues? I don't remember Quiet being playable??

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I wasn't really excited about ff15 but i downloaded the new jp demo and it's actually pretty cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Khanstant posted:

I remembered I had never beat MGSV after losing my save once and restarting and the second time still getting stuck on side mission completionism. Anyway, I kind of forgot where I left off and why the gently caress am I playing as bloody quiet in fatigues? I don't remember Quiet being playable??

You can play as any soldier once you've recruited them but I think a quiet skin is some DLC stuff. Could be wrong

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

In Training posted:

You can play as any soldier once you've recruited them but I think a quiet skin is some DLC stuff. Could be wrong

Turns out it was just Flaming Buffalo, some other white chick. She was just covered in blood and had a bigass sniper rifle on, so I was mistaken. I did however just spend however long it was between posting that and replying to you now collecting bonuses and poo poo and doing iDroid things. I annoyingly can't get rid of some of these blinking lights because I have too much money to accept the rewards?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

precision posted:

I just started Tyranny but man it seems like it's gonna be real fuckin good

It starts out super strong than peters out and meanders around a bit after act 1.

It's way more interesting than PoE though.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

That new Nintendo thing seems fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM1Xxa2UcCo&t=52s

• Locked thread