Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Peel posted:

w/r/t the wwc, it won't surprise me if after/if the worst slash & burn impulses of the radical right are stymied, they end up passing relief targeted exclusively at struggling whites. poor relief sells better in america when it's a white thing. in which case you'll be outflanked with that demographic in particular.

Others have already pointed out that the Tea party will probably prevent any kind of substantial welfare spending. I just want to emphasize how embarrassing it is for the Democrats that they potentially could be attacked from the left by Republicans on this issue (assuming the congressional Republicans weren't a disunified mess).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

comingafteryouall posted:

Maybe we do need big donors, but their interests have to take a back seat.

People still didn't learn anything from how Trump handles poo poo. We don't start by saying, well we need the big donors so let us just give Howard Dean (total centrist) a chance.

No, you tell the big donors to gently caress off and put a guy in charge that will get not easily give them concessions.

Where are they going to go, Trump's Republican party of white nationalism?

Which is why we're advocating putting someone other than Dean in charge and all agree he shouldn't be in charge. We want to give him a chance to do the part he's demonstrated he is good at, not a chance to lead.

Dean should absolutely not be in a place to give any concessions to anyone.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
hello everyone that was right and i was 100% wrong in ignoring / arguing with / belittling / being an rear end in a top hat to / and being an all around rear end clown that deserves to be gently caress barreled for the rest of my life for my actions

spent the last few days processing everything and saw that i missed the "donate to rainn and dont' get toxxed" thread but i donated $50 anyway

:banme: since i toxxed for a looser and will take my ban like the looser that backed a looser

i've already joined sanders in calling for the election of ellison

i've sent in info to ourrevolution about getting involved in stopping trump in any way i can (if that's not a legit site then by all means direct me the gently caress to the right one)

already contacted my local reps in saying they will lose my vote if they don't vote for ellison

i'll probably re-reg in a bit under a different name after the dust settles and i can fully process just how loving wrong my world view has been for the second time in my life (the first going from a piece of poo poo republican raised in orange county to a piece of poo poo third way democrat) but for now i'll be keeping up on this thread since it's been like shock treatment for being so loving wrong and holy poo poo i need that

by all means enjoy the schadenfreude that me coming back here and posting since i loving deserve every bit of it and have at me

no really, any vitriol posted in a reply to this post shouldn't be met with a 6er from the mods or iks since i deserve every bit of it for being such an all around piece of poo poo for the last several months to pretty much every single one of you in this thread

yours in full communism now - a piece of poo poo jew

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
We need shitposts now more than ever youre acting like a total schlemiel

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

holy poo poo

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Winner is Jew posted:

i'll probably re-reg in a bit under a different name

I didn't. You shouldn't either

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
welcome, comrade

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

A Winner is Jew posted:

spent the last few days processing everything and saw that i missed the "donate to rainn and dont' get toxxed" thread but i donated $50 anyway

It's OK, you didn't miss anything. Lowtax stopped in and enforced all the bans whether you donated or not.

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

Thoguh posted:

Because it is a common turn of phrase that is very applicable to the current situation with the DNC. Clinton supporters are fleeing like rats off a sinking ship. And I think it is something that's important for people to realize as part of the autopsy on this election. If something says something like "rats off a sinking ship" and the response is to tell them that is toxic because it includes the word "rats" and sometimes people who are racists call jewish people rats and therefore you should not use that totally unrelated phrase because this is a safe space ...well, all that does is cause people to tune you out and not listen to anything you have to say.

If the democrats want to recover they need to spend less time tone policing and more time solving real problems.

agreed with this 100%. move past the superficial nonsense and start addressing real issues

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

He's followed up on that tweet

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/797177693582331904

Oh, okay, maybe he just worded his original tweet badly and-

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/797177951733317632

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

maybe the sanders faction will win the civil war because the remaining establishment dems are the dumbest ones out of the whole rotten bunch

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
What does this even mean!? Ahahaha

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A Winner is Jew posted:

hello everyone that was right and i was 100% wrong in ignoring / arguing with / belittling / being an rear end in a top hat to / and being an all around rear end clown that deserves to be gently caress barreled for the rest of my life for my actions

:banme: since i toxxed for a looser and will take my ban like the looser that backed a looser

i've sent in info to ourrevolution about getting involved in stopping trump in any way i can (if that's not a legit site then by all means direct me the gently caress to the right one)

already contacted my local reps in saying they will lose my vote if they don't vote for ellison

i'll probably re-reg in a bit under a different name after the dust settles and i can fully process just how loving wrong my world view has been for the second time in my life (the first going from a piece of poo poo republican raised in orange county to a piece of poo poo third way democrat) but for now i'll be keeping up on this thread since it's been like shock treatment for being so loving wrong and holy poo poo i need that

by all means enjoy the schadenfreude that me coming back here and posting since i loving deserve every bit of it and have at me

no really, any vitriol posted in a reply to this post shouldn't be met with a 6er from the mods or iks since i deserve every bit of it for being such an all around piece of poo poo for the last several months to pretty much every single one of you in this thread

Welcome back! :toot:

That won't be necessary, the dust will settle and C-SPAM will have a new direction. The primaries were really heated and just lovely in general, so stick around when it gets formalized!

Salt is going to be probated across any aisle regardless, so don't fret and its good that you denounce your hubris because its better to be chill imo. Iit seems that the general consensus so far for C-SPAM is that we want to keep things casual and chill for politics and world events/other news, and not like D&D where it has flamewars and calling people out for racism/sexism etc with really lovely and obvious concern trolls. Basically beerchat is one idea~

Just stick around and wait for the new rules/guidelines but so far the regular c-spammers are back and they're still posting like the last few months, you can find them over in the Our Long National Nightmare thread which is the new old trump megathread, for such examples.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

DaveWoo posted:

hahahahaha

they literally think by making a white male dnc chair is gonna get them the rust belt vote in the exact same way the GOP thought noming Marco Rubio will get them the Latino vote

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Phi230 posted:

We need shitposts now more than ever youre acting like a total schlemiel

People like A Winner is Jew, Zoux, Al!, and the mods who enabled them were insufferable assholes who chased out every non-terrible poster in this forum (also protip: if a D&D poster says somebody is a good poster that actually means they are a terrible poster). I'm proud of him for owning up to it so don't take this as a current attack on him but don't encourage him to start back up again.

Free Matey.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 22:09 on Nov 11, 2016

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
The democratic party has became as patronizing towards poor rural whites as the GOP has towards blacks and Hispanics

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

GlyphGryph posted:

It means Ellison is too black Muslim "Obama coalition" to appeal to white Rust Belt voters, even though he represents a majority white district near the Rust Belt.

Thoguh posted:

People like A Winner is Jew, Zoux, Al!, and the mods who enabled them were insufferable assholes who chased out every non-terrible poster in this forum (also protip: if a D&D poster says somebody is a good poster that actually means they are a terrible poster). I'm proud of him for owning up to it but don't encourage him to start back up again.

Free Matey.

You're a good poster, Thoguh.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GlyphGryph posted:

Well clearly the Rust Belt voters that backed Barack Hussein Obama would never support a black Muslim

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Fast Luck posted:

Well, she did win PA, FL, OH in the primary, which are crucial swing states (that she then went on to lose)

I don't think the response to this is that she won the bad states in the primary. The response is that she pulled the already reliable Democratic voters without bringing in any new blood. She was poison to independents, young people, and rural voters. And we knew that and people argued it didn't matter, just like they argued it didn't matter she was under federal investigation. We all got hoodwinked and lied to by the pundits throughout the entire primary process. The polls showing Hillary will struggle with Trump don't matter because it's early, is something they said and people repeated

Independents, young people and rural voters have a long history in this country of essentially being invisible voters. Trump found an electorate that normally does not even vote in elections.

Young people are notoriously unreliable voters and independents were normally pandered to with third way politics because normally they tended to be wishy washy conservatives.

This election upended all of that.

Independents were disappointed by Bernie losing and they constituted a different demographic, the disappointed progressive. They either stayed home, voted Trump, or voted for Harambe because barely anyone voted for Jill. By the way I just want to say I'm referring to a small percentage of former Bernie supporters since most voted for Hillary. The margins were razor thin though, so it bears mentioning.

The people that were normally referred to as independents were voting for Gary Johnson or forwent voting.

The rural voter felt forgotten and lost in the shuffle and meanwhile Trump had a stack of lies ready and tailored just for them.

Young people failed to participate because it wasn't Obama and so they were bored. This goes for all ethnicities and both genders among young people. People really believe that being gangster on Twitter and Tumblr and YouTube and godawful Reddit somehow replaces actual political activism which includes at the very least, voting.

The Internet and third way politics basically toppled the legitimacy of our already crumbling government. If we don't dig our way out of this, it's the end of the American Republic and we are the generation that will preside over its decline.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
bump_fn:

In less than 24 hours, more than 250,000 people signed a petition agreeing with me that Keith Ellison should be the next Chair of the Democratic National Committee.

That sounds to me like people want a political revolution at the DNC and that they want the Democratic Party to move in a very different direction. They want a Democratic Party to stand up to the greed of Wall Street, the fossil fuel industry and corporate America, and represent the working people of our country and all those fighting for economic, social, racial and environmental justice.

Now more than ever, that is the Democratic Party we need. That is the kind of Democratic Party Keith will lead.

We like big goals. I think we will send an incredibly strong message to the Democratic Party if we can get more than 500,000 signatures supporting Keith Ellison to be the next Chair of the DNC when he formally announces his candidacy on Monday.

You've already added your name to say you support Keith. Thank you for building this incredible momentum so far. Can you please take the next step and ask your friends and family to also support Keith? Click here to share our petition.

You can read more about why I think Keith should be DNC Chair in my email from yesterday, which is included below.

In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DaveWoo posted:

lol dumbass, Ellison can do both pretty well, even if he can be a little dim sometimes.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DaveWoo posted:

You're a good poster, Thoguh.

Well, poo poo.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

DaveWoo posted:

ffffffffffffffffffffffffI ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

"White working class voters suffering economically will never accept a black Muslim party administrator even if we offer attractive populist policies!" I continue to insist as I shrink and turn into a centrist corncob being flushed down the toilet along with Obama's entire legacy.

mrmcd has issued a correction as of 22:12 on Nov 11, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mrmcd posted:

"White working class voters suffering economically will never accept a black Muslim party administrator even if we offer attractive populist policies!" I continue to insist as I shrink and turn into a centrist corncob being flushed down the toiled along with Obama's entire legacy.

this guy is acting like keith ellison is running for pres. like 85-95% of the country has no loving clue who runs the parties most of the time.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

DaveWoo posted:

take th' marbles oot of yer mouth, weisman ya gobshite

Thoguh posted:

People like A Winner is Jew, Zoux, Al!, and the mods who enabled them were insufferable assholes who chased out every non-terrible poster in this forum (also protip: if a D&D poster says somebody is a good poster that actually means they are a terrible poster). I'm proud of him for owning up to it but don't encourage him to start back up again.

Free Matey.

I certainly don't want to promote hugboxes or an echo chamber as long as the posting is constructive, we're well past the wild-west days and the dust is settling. Just let it go, fam. I was around during those bad days too but this doesn't really help because different opinions is a good thing imo as long as it's still constructive and casual obviously.

Just wait for the new rules, its getting formalized. Most people I've probated in this thread so far were for primary chat, racebaiting and flaming, honestly. It wasn't that your opinion was bad. hth~

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 22:14 on Nov 11, 2016

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Lastgirl posted:

take th' marbles oot of yer mouth, weisman ya gobshite

I certainly don't want to promote hugboxes or an echo chamber as long as the posting is constructive, we're well past the wild-west days and the dust is settling. Just let it go, fam. I was around during those bad days too but this doesn't really help because different opinions is a good thing imo as long as it's still constructive and casual obviously.

Just wait for the new rules, its getting formalized. Most people I've probated in this thread so far were for primary chat, racebaiting and flaming, honestly. It wasn't that your opinion was bad. hth~

the fact that ppl are not hugboxing in here and are taking this poo poo seriously is really cool and good

unlike trump

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Bullshit. The Democrats hand waived their problems away with bullshit about "job retraining" and "college grants". Even if these people retrained and got college degrees they'd still live in a town with zero jobs.

The real Democratic Party solution was to get the kids to flee and wait until the parents loving died.

The reason that's bullshit though is college grants need to be applied for and someone needs to give you them. Those layers maintain these resources for the upper classes but not regular people. You have to know about them, so people have to tell you of them. In order for that to happen you need to have graduated high school, gotten a good education there so that entry into college is possible etc.

It's a wall to keep out the neglected and deliberately misinformed. That money needs to go to their homes directly and they should have jobs as well as good education bought to them. We can't keep playing this sleight of hand bullshit with people's resources when we know for a fact they lack access. This is a game people have been playing with the poor for decades.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Zoran posted:

Well that's what the founders wanted them for, and we all know how much these people love Hamilton.

He was willing to do the bare minimum: he acknowledged that their lives sucked and that the system had hurt them.

I loving hate Hamilton and I'm glad it's ok to say that in this thread.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Thoguh posted:

People like A Winner is Jew, Zoux, Al!, and the mods who enabled them were insufferable assholes who chased out every non-terrible poster in this forum (also protip: if a D&D poster says somebody is a good poster that actually means they are a terrible poster). I'm proud of him for owning up to it so don't take this as a current attack on him but don't encourage him to start back up again.

Free Matey.

Just because I can't help myself when he's mentioned because holy poo poo what a bad poster, but a reminder that zoux said it was fine for him to say that a black poster wasn't black because of intersectionality.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Thoguh posted:

Free Matey.

Uh, don't come for Al!

Just don't do that for me.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

A Winner is Jew posted:

You got the right place

https://ourrevolution.com

:bernin:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

A Winner is Jew posted:

as long as you're with us now i don't care. we need to provide a strong alternative to trump in 2018

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

tadashi posted:

People hated Hillary so much that she swept the Southern states and crushed Bernie in Pennsylvania.

At some point, people are going to have to accept that plenty of Democratic voters didn't hate Hillary and some even loved her. The Clintons helped save John Lewis' seat in the insurrection by anti-LGBT black candidates in the 1992 primary in Atlanta and it's a big reason she has so many supporters here. Just because her general election campaign went to poo poo doesn't mean you can rewrite the last 25 years.

Holy poo poo you are missing the point so hard. I've said that Hillary was a pragmatic leader that oils get things done. Her work in law and politics to help children and family is commendable.

The establishment support across the board was like 60% of the reason the did well at all. They cleared the field for her and just tag teamed pissing in Bernie and progressive capitalism.

I never said she didn't fight she good fights. This problem with Hillary was her spread of support. Across Ds she probably had around 10% strong support, 15% weak support, 10% neutral, 20% dislike, and like 40% seething god drat hatred. Then go shift all those numbers an extra 10% towards hatred and you've got the Republicans attitude towards her.

But tell me again how much your dread abuela crushed Bernie in the primaries. Why did she crush it so hard? Could it be he massive war chest funded by Wall St and the Military Industrial Complex, unprecedented primary support from the DNC, and the media repeating 10,000 times last year that Hillary is the next choice, her momentum is unstoppable.

All of this support and she had to spend serious effort to fight off Maple Grandpa? That should have been setting off massive alarms but no it couldn't possibly have been that the establishment forced a lovely candidate down our throats. The people like her better! Except when she lost in polling against Rs so hard when Bernie destroyed them. We ignored that data why? Because Bernie would tank in the general? Bullshit and this way of thinking is why we had such a milquetoast centrist candidate that fired up nobody who didn't vote already, and depressed the vote of many that do.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I only knew zoux as a twitter aggregator. Which he was good at.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

bump_fn posted:

bump_fn:

In less than 24 hours, more than 250,000 people signed a petition agreeing with me that Keith Ellison should be the next Chair of the Democratic National Committee.

That sounds to me like people want a political revolution at the DNC and that they want the Democratic Party to move in a very different direction. They want a Democratic Party to stand up to the greed of Wall Street, the fossil fuel industry and corporate America, and represent the working people of our country and all those fighting for economic, social, racial and environmental justice.

Now more than ever, that is the Democratic Party we need. That is the kind of Democratic Party Keith will lead.

We like big goals. I think we will send an incredibly strong message to the Democratic Party if we can get more than 500,000 signatures supporting Keith Ellison to be the next Chair of the DNC when he formally announces his candidacy on Monday.

You've already added your name to say you support Keith. Thank you for building this incredible momentum so far. Can you please take the next step and ask your friends and family to also support Keith? Click here to share our petition.

You can read more about why I think Keith should be DNC Chair in my email from yesterday, which is included below.

In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders

250,000, good poo poo

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Princess Di posted:

The reason that's bullshit though is college grants need to be applied for and someone needs to give you them. Those layers maintain these resources for the upper classes but not regular people. You have to know about them, so people have to tell you of them. In order for that to happen you need to have graduated high school, gotten a good education there so that entry into college is possible etc.

I look back with a bit of frustration, since I know my student loan debt could have been lessened if I had just been more aware of grants and scholarships and whatnot, but being the first person in my family to go to college and having been homeschooled I simply had no idea such resources could be available to me until sometime in my second year of college. I made out alright in the end, but I can easily see how others might not be as lucky as I've been.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

RasperFat posted:

All of this support and she had to spend serious effort to fight off Maple Grandpa? That should have been setting off massive alarms

This is probably very true. It felt like she had to call in every single favor she'd collected over the last decade at least to get the nomination in a field she made a point to cull beforehand, and that is...uh, that was not a predictor of success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

bump_fn posted:

the fact that ppl are not hugboxing in here and are taking this poo poo seriously is really cool and good

unlike trump

its good and cool, and i hope its conciliatory enough, previous IKs did some damage unfortunately by being really biased and cheerleading for certain candidates. I just probate really dumb and bad posts, not opinions, at least I try to make sure its just that.

The mods are really great though and C-SPAM is going to stabilize and find an identity soon enough as the dust settles and people get bored of gloating/despairing. Credit really goes to you guys have been really good at keeping it this way honestly, especially with the trump thread in the last few months as a strong identifier of a subculture and a reason to keep C-SPAM around. Casual beerdiscussion is good and cool. Ed Balls to you~

Even if I weren't IQ I'd just keep posting here because I love it.

RasperFat posted:

Holy poo poo you are missing the point so hard. I've said that Hillary was a pragmatic leader that oils get things done. Her work in law and politics to help children and family is commendable.

The establishment support across the board was like 60% of the reason the did well at all. They cleared the field for her and just tag teamed pissing in Bernie and progressive capitalism.

I never said she didn't fight she good fights. This problem with Hillary was her spread of support. Across Ds she probably had around 10% strong support, 15% weak support, 10% neutral, 20% dislike, and like 40% seething god drat hatred. Then go shift all those numbers an extra 10% towards hatred and you've got the Republicans attitude towards her.

But tell me again how much your dread abuela crushed Bernie in the primaries. Why did she crush it so hard? Could it be he massive war chest funded by Wall St and the Military Industrial Complex, unprecedented primary support from the DNC, and the media repeating 10,000 times last year that Hillary is the next choice, her momentum is unstoppable.

All of this support and she had to spend serious effort to fight off Maple Grandpa? That should have been setting off massive alarms but no it couldn't possibly have been that the establishment forced a lovely candidate down our throats. The people like her better! Except when she lost in polling against Rs so hard when Bernie destroyed them. We ignored that data why? Because Bernie would tank in the general? Bullshit and this way of thinking is why we had such a milquetoast centrist candidate that fired up nobody who didn't vote already, and depressed the vote of many that do.

And this is exactly why we don't do Primary Chat

Final warning.

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 22:26 on Nov 11, 2016

• Locked thread