Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Silver2195 posted:

It's kind of frustrating, since there are so many places they could have added new filler scenes instead of just stretching things. I can see why they didn't, though.

when you stretch things out you get to use the same animation 2-3 different places, it's cost saving and time saving!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Toriko is incredibly good and the Japanese can have lovely tastes sometimes you loving cretins

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Look I don't mean to be crass, but wtf is with Luffy's crotch in that picture?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Andrew_1985 posted:

Do you think Luffy bothers to iron his shorts?? They're just wrinkled as hell

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Toriko is incredibly good and the Japanese can have lovely tastes sometimes you loving cretins

Until this year I had been looking forward to toriko more on a weekly basis than OP. It's loving incredible and ridiculous, and is a rare example of a comic that was pretty alright for a couple hundred chapters and them became Literally Perfect after the time skip.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Toriko is the perfect manga.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Confirmed Lola is going to show up again. Also maybe Pudding evil? Don't recognize girl far left but looks kinda like her.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Far left is Praline. Far right might be Chiffon.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Crazyeyes posted:

Confirmed Lola is going to show up again. Also maybe Pudding evil? Don't recognize girl far left but looks kinda like her.

That's not Lola, that's her little sister that's married to Capone.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Rudoku posted:

That's not Lola, that's her little sister that's married to Capone.

You sure? Cause that looks a lot like Lola.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Crazyeyes posted:

they look the same, you can go back and look at her in her appearances. they might be twins

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

they look the same, you can go back and look at her in her appearances. they might be twins

So... You're saying there's a chance!

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

poo poo guys, Oda's serious, Kuina's coming back in Marineford

edit: (One Piece wiki reminded me that Kunia didn't die in the 4kidz dub, a bunch of guys beat her up so badly she wasn't able to fight for the rest of her life )

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Kabanaw posted:

Nah they slow it down a ton. If you keep a look out for internal monologues while minute long clips of stuff that happened about 10 minutes ago play it becomes obvious how much they were trying to pad it out. They do the One Piece anime thing where a bunch of the episode is dedicated to a recap and flashbacks so that they only need to dedicate about 2 chapters to an episode.

We got about 22 chapters in 13 episodes, including recaps and a summary wind down episode. That's pretty darn good. You do realize you're complaining about something that moves at at least twice the pace as the One Piece Anime? On top of it, Studio Bones did a stellar job with dynamic action and animation. I really don't think this is a thing you ought to be complaining about considering the state of anything made by TOEI.

Yeesh.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

key party favors posted:

We got about 22 chapters in 13 episodes, including recaps and a summary wind down episode. That's pretty darn good. You do realize you're complaining about something that moves at at least twice the pace as the One Piece Anime? On top of it, Studio Bones did a stellar job with dynamic action and animation. I really don't think this is a thing you ought to be complaining about considering the state of anything made by TOEI.

Yeesh.

I'm not going to be happy with a subpar adaptation just because it could be worse. Ask for more from your anime content

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Kabanaw posted:

I'm not going to be happy with a subpar adaptation just because it could be worse. Ask for more from your anime content

Yeah I think it's above par (in fact, I think it was pretty darn good), considering what par is for most anime studios. But sure, I wish everything were perfect and amazing and the best thing ever. It seems silly to whinge about it not being up to your pretty unreasonable standards.

It's like complaining about the One Piece Manga being bad because it takes a chapter off every three weeks. This is the One Piece Manga thread after all. Your criticisms make no sense, and are completely divorced from reality and any sensible standards.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

key party favors posted:

Yeah I think it's above par (in fact, I think it was pretty darn good), considering what par is for most anime studios. But sure, I wish everything were perfect and amazing and the best thing ever.

thats what one piece is for

(i kid. oda, pls stop being sexist)

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Awesome as gently caress cover, but Praline and Chiffon instead of Bobbin? I'm guessing that volume covers the very beginning of the arc only. Praline even said in her only appearance that she's willing to abandon BM's crew for Aladdin, I wonder why she's on this cover.

gently caress, I love Bobbin. Bo-yo-yo-yooonnn~

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Bobbin is a weird dude and I want more of him immediately.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Crazyeyes posted:

Bobbin is a weird dude and I want more of him immediately.

hes cool

whos everyones favorite character that basically has had like maybe 2 word bubbles at most?

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

anime was right posted:

hes cool

whos everyones favorite character that basically has had like maybe 2 word bubbles at most?

Nitro the Jelly ranks high.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

Does Pandaman count?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

The majority of Impel Down's Okama community

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Minogiraffe.

e: gently caress there wasn't a minogiraffe, I was thinking of Minozebra.

Minokoala and Minochihuahua are also cool.

Begemot fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 11, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Begemot posted:

Minogiraffe.

mmm, good choice.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

anime was right posted:

hes cool

going merry

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Countblanc posted:

going merry

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

anime was right posted:

hes cool

Zunisha

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Advice posted:

Awesome as gently caress cover, but Praline and Chiffon instead of Bobbin? I'm guessing that volume covers the very beginning of the arc only. Praline even said in her only appearance that she's willing to abandon BM's crew for Aladdin, I wonder why she's on this cover.

gently caress, I love Bobbin. Bo-yo-yo-yooonnn~

So does is that a slice of cheese, a cloth, or the face of a sentient cheese man that he's wearing as a mask?

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Andrew_1985 posted:

It looks like Doflamingo's forehead.

F. Lobot fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 12, 2016

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Crazyeyes posted:

It's her twin sister, Lola's missing one of her upper teeth.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I like Edward weebl who hasn't been big yet, but likely will be. Something about him creeps me out so much

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

anime was right posted:

Charlotte Praline.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

anime was right posted:

hes cool

Dr. Vegapunk.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

anime was right posted:

hes cool

Inazuma.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Inazuma is mine too. Such an awesome design.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
inazuma was real cool.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
cavendish, dalton and wapol, foxy aka the 7th warlord of my heart

scratchman before he became a sucka joining yonkou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

I love his diehard loyalty to Ivankov. That and the fact he's a loving scissor-man who balances a glass of wine on his scissor hands is so top notch.