Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

They were pretty clear that they play a lot of other games with their goonfleet friends, and would like to play eve with them too. They were kicked for bad reasons that ya'll keep doubling down on with easily verifiable "Made up" facts idgi either.

then why don't they play eve with their goonfleet friends, or have them join their good lowsec alliances

this problem is trivially solvable without having to even interact with the terrible leadership of goonswarm federation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
This thin blue line thing needs a new name for the eve thread. Maybe we can call it the thin fat line.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

heres my question, if those friends are so important that kim simply must play eve with them

uh

why is nobody going "you know who i want in goonswarm? kim, thats who, free kim"

literally the strongest defense anyone offers is "well, uh, not that i know the guy at all maybe he shouldn't have gotten kicked"

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

or just leaving the alliance that is keeping their friend out for a dumb reason

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Querns is mean tonight. At the same time Kim and his friend are the only exiled goons who are sort of innocent.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

evilweasel posted:

heres my question, if those friends are so important that kim simply must play eve with them

uh

why is nobody going "you know who i want in goonswarm? kim, thats who, free kim"

literally the strongest defense anyone offers is "well, uh, not that i know the guy at all maybe he shouldn't have gotten kicked"

free kim, i dont wanna play eve with him b/c it involves playing eve but free kim, worst case there's some funny poo poo that comes out it

unlike freeing angelique where we'd lose her constant moaning which is hella funny

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

then why don't they play eve with their goonfleet friends, or have them join their good lowsec alliances

this problem is trivially solvable without having to even interact with the terrible leadership of goonswarm federation

evilweasel posted:

uh

So is there something wrong with the fact we want to play with goonswarm over other groups in this game?

Like i don't even know why you would ask "why don't you play with someone else". We want to play with goonswarm, as we have for a while. We have tried other groups but they aren't goons.

Its like someone being mad that their order at McDonalds was wrong and some random employee saying "well you cld eat at Wendys" and then some random manager says "well you ate at Wendys before so must not be loyal to McDonalds so we are not going to right the OBVIOUS wrong for reasons that have nothing to do with the matter at hand".

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I vote for letting them back in just so the shitposting can go somewhere else

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rhymenoserous posted:

They were pretty clear that they play a lot of other games with their goonfleet friends, and would like to play eve with them too. They were kicked for bad reasons that ya'll keep doubling down on with easily verifiable false "Made up" facts idgi either.

Seems like the easiest thing to do would be like "Oops we made a stupid and thought dbrb was smart again, we'll lift the blacklist but we are going to keep an eye on you" but that would mean you'd have to admit that you listened to dbrb and that would just make you look stupid.

This pretty much encapsulates it.

It's a whole lot of fuss to just hit a button and unblacklist us, when throughout the months we've had dozens of people come into the thread and refute whatever straw man keeps getting erected by the shills doubling down on a mistake.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

justsharkbait posted:

So is there something wrong with the fact we want to play with goonswarm over other groups in this game?

Like i don't even know why you would ask "why don't you play with someone else". We want to play with goonswarm, as we have for a while. We have tried other groups but they aren't goons.

Its like someone being mad that their order at McDonalds was wrong and some random employee saying "well you cld eat at Wendys" and then some random manager says "well you ate at Wendys before so must not be loyal to McDonalds so we are not going to right the OBVIOUS wrong for reasons that have nothing to do with the matter at hand".

what's wrong is why you're trying to solve this problem in the hardest possible way instead of a much easier way

easy way: play eve with your friends, either by just going on fleets with them regardless of ticker, by convincing them to join another group, or making a separate group of your own

hard way: try to get a disconnected group of autocrats whose only desire is to entrench their own power at the cost of the little guy to do something that doesn't immediately benefit them and causes them to perform the utterly anathema act of "admitting fault"

you get what you want doing things either way but for some reason you're choosing to drive nails with your forehead instead of a hammer

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

ullerrm posted:

I vote for letting them back in just so the shitposting can go somewhere else

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i think kim should be let back in because hes a good dude who :spergin: 's a lot and its funny

the rest :shrug:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Because free xyz threads are generally pointless and so overwrought and abused as a comedy thing that there's legit no reason to actually post them? Like before he went completely off the rails I was thinking about typing a "Free Kismeteer" thread up but ultimately I realized in the current directorate climate it would be largely wasting my time. The initial "This is just pissing in the wind" thoughts are what stopped me from posting it. His later "idiot spiral" made me decide I wouldn't really want him back anyways, but is really a separate thing.

Ultimately the drama around kim vis a vis goonfleet always revolves around actions in archage, and the general consensus I get from that from people who absolutely are my friends was that Gicer and DBRB were shitheads. I mean I could post a free kim thread but I feel that would be intellectually dishonest because I can't be bothered to fly with goons in eve right now, nor will I until we get into a non pathetic war.

But speaking as a line member who has X'd up in some way or another for every war since 2010, this pointless bureaucratic defense of kicking someone out because they were mean to another director in a video game stands right up there with allowing Xenuria continuing access to our poo poo as reasons I really don't want to bother anymore. It's not about the effect always, sometimes it's just about the principle of the thing.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Blazing Zero posted:

i think kim should be let back in because hes a good dude who :spergin: 's a lot and its funny

Well he certainly spergs a lot anyways

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

what's wrong is why you're trying to solve this problem in the hardest possible way instead of a much easier way

easy way: play eve with your friends, either by just going on fleets with them regardless of ticker, by convincing them to join another group, or making a separate group of your own

hard way: try to get a disconnected group of autocrats whose only desire is to entrench their own power at the cost of the little guy to do something that doesn't immediately benefit them and causes them to perform the utterly anathema act of "admitting fault"

you get what you want doing things either way but for some reason you're choosing to drive nails with your forehead instead of a hammer

so your logic is to convince a bunch of people to leave goonwaffe instead of just hitting about 2 buttons

the mental gymnastics have hit olympian levels

is that seriously what you're shilling

:iiam:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Kimsemus posted:

so your logic is to convince a bunch of people to leave goonwaffe instead of just hitting about 2 buttons

i don't have the access to hit about two buttons and no one in leadership gives a blue gently caress what i think, so no, i'm just trying to help you solve your problem

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

Ultimately the drama around kim vis a vis goonfleet always revolves around actions in archage, and the general consensus I get from that from people who absolutely are my friends was that Gicer and DBRB were shitheads. I mean I could post a free kim thread but I feel that would be intellectually dishonest because I can't be bothered to fly with goons in eve right now, nor will I until we get into a non pathetic war.

Basically everyone in archeage "leadership" were shitheads about everything, kimsemus included. Near the end, it was just a gigantic ego war where everyone threw poop at each other. I for one am perfectly happy not having to hear him talk on gsf mumble, but that also extends to other illustrious members of our alliance such as DBRB and Reagalan when he unironically talks about politics.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Kimsemus posted:

The only people who probably matter are Mittens, Merkelchen or Mirana, right? Go bug them and stop whining at people who aren't even subbed?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
tell mirana i said to bother her it'll help your cause immensely i promise

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

gwrtheyrn posted:

Basically everyone in archeage "leadership" were shitheads about everything, kimsemus included. Near the end, it was just a gigantic ego war where everyone threw poop at each other. I for one am perfectly happy not having to hear him talk on gsf mumble, but that also extends to other illustrious members of our alliance such as DBRB and Reagalan when he unironically talks about politics.

Yeah I agree with those other two as well.

I'd also like to toss in that british sounding guy who's name I don't know who would shove himself in command chat only to talk about stupid poo poo, and the only ship he brought to fleet was a booster. You don't need to be up there guy who never shuts up.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Oh my god I bet now that trump has won boat fleets are even more loving unbearable than ever before.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

Oh my god I bet now that trump has won boat fleets are even more loving unbearable than ever before.

I wouldn't know, I don't think I've been on a boat fleet since we were killing IRC CSAAs in cobalt edge

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

gwrtheyrn posted:

I wouldn't know, I don't think I've been on a boat fleet since we were killing IRC CSAAs in cobalt edge

Memories. I was with bomberwaffe helping kcolor kill nerds for the first set of CSAA's, for the second about a dozen Topgoon dudes rolled down in the fancy new heavy gunned BC's and stopped reinforcement traffic, we killed Syndel Pelion or whatever her name was and she bitched about us to Mittani on twitter. If only there were some mechanic like standings that could prevent theoretical friendly fire.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

The only people who probably matter are Mittens, Merkelchen or Mirana, right? Go bug them and stop whining at people who aren't even subbed?

They were previously informed. They keep getting baited into responding by the finance team, whose evident boredom suggests there is nothing interesting/lucrative in the patch notes.

Also, they should take this to the GSF thread. It could use some posting: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773673&userid=0

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Rust Martialis posted:

I talked to Mirana and she referred me to Mittens as the only person who can get someone off the black list.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

a disconnected group of autocrats

:eyepop:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Maneck posted:

They keep getting baited into responding by the finance team

:confused:

how is what i said bait

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
ncdot is the enemy do not allow illegal ncdot immigrants into glorious goonswarm federation

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kimsemus posted:

i, for one, don't believe this bunch of people exists

but "you should solve your problem yourself instead of bothering people who don't want to play with you to insist they must play with you" also seems pretty reasonable to me ngl

facultas
Jan 2, 2004

No design, no conception.

Zephyrine posted:

I talked to Mirana and she referred me to Mittens as the only person who can get someone off the black list.

She's just testing you, you have to knock three times to prove you really want it.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
I got a dude taken of the black list once when he joined us with his corp and then someone from BOS told him now that he is in the CFC he can become even more space famous if he goes and joins BOS elite corporation in GSF proper and once he did digi or whoever noticed that now there was no reason to suspend the blacklisting anymore so he got re-blacklisted and all his plans for space famousness abruptly ended and I had a chuckle

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
oh so you're saying he posts on alts, or that thing I get called crazy for doing. Shocked.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

facultas posted:

She's just testing you, you have to knock three times to prove you really want it.

I'm definitely fumbling on some sort of test because after PMing Mittens he pounced me in something like 12 hours with questions. I replied and that was 4 weeks ago now. He is the space prez. Dropping a condi should be pretty quick if that's the case.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
I think there's an assumption that goonfuckers get banned by 'random people in the directorate'. The directorate has no such power; these bannings are done and examples are made through yours truly when they go beyond the remit of the ~Director of Goonfucker Affairs~ Innominate.

I banned Kimsemus and JustSharkbait when the toxic drama bullshit level reached a pitch that I was fed up with it and it revealed he didn't belong among us. Angelique loudly betrayed us and has now vomited forth a bunch of reasons why she should be allowed to return, and is waiting in the antechamber for the winds of my whims to change. Perhaps she will wait forever, perhaps not.

Those who betray our guys are my absolute and utter lowest priority. The reason you guys want back in is that our little space-gang is in fact a people, and you've been exiled from that people for drat good reasons, and now you've realized that there's nothing like Goonswarm anywhere in gaming. That tells me not that you deserve mercy or sympathy; it tells me that we have done a fine job of defending and protecting our guys from bullshit and that we're light-years beyond the garbage random publord orgs in everything that matters.

Goonswarm and the Imperium as a whole are an empire of outlaws; that's why in the 'Eve is a lot like the Breakfast Club' analogies we are always the drug-dealing delinquent smoking behind the gym. We are not the popular kids; we're more like a biker gang or a mafia family. Our heroes are scammers, silver-tongued diplomats, and spies. Our closest allies have always been rather shady Russians. In the old CFC the ally our people despised the most was FCON - because they were the earnest preppie no-scamming, no-ganking straights. To us, honor among thieves matters - which is why there's nothing lower in our society than a goonfucker, where the common Eve-playing pubbies forgive and forget and backstab one another and think nothing of it, with no consequences.

With us things are different. We do not answer your pleas because we are a 'disconnected directorate' who don't know who you are as 'random innocent victims randomly banned'. We don't answer you because I pulled the trigger on your exile and ban and you don't deserve a reply, except when you get to the point of whining about the directors and implying that they somehow were responsible for the justice I so gladly dispense. You don't get or deserve due process because you're not one of us.

Our people.
Our rules.
Our way.

:commissar:

Here's a tilde ~ now settle in for a long wait in the queue for me to feel a twinge of sympathy for the bullshit of the past few pages.

Numismancer fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 12, 2016

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Numismancer posted:

I think there's an assumption that goonfuckers get banned by 'random people in the directorate'. The directorate has no such power; these bannings are done and examples are made through yours truly when they go beyond the remit of the ~Director of Goonfucker Affairs~ Innominate.

I banned Kimsemus and JustSharkbait when the toxic drama bullshit level reached a pitch that I was fed up with it and it revealed he didn't belong among us. Angelique loudly betrayed us and has now vomited forth a bunch of reasons why she should be allowed to return, and is waiting in the antechamber for the winds of my whims to change. Perhaps she will wait forever, perhaps not.

Those who betray our guys are my absolute and utter lowest priority. The reason you guys want back in is that our little space-gang is in fact a people, and you've been exiled from that people for drat good reasons, and now you've realized that there's nothing like Goonswarm anywhere in gaming. That tells me not that you deserve mercy or sympathy; it tells me that we have done a fine job of defending and protecting our guys from bullshit and that we're light-years beyond the garbage random publord orgs in everything that matters.

Goonswarm and the Imperium as a whole are an empire of outlaws; that's why in the 'Eve is a lot like the Breakfast Club' analogies we are always the drug-dealing delinquent smoking behind the gym. We are not the popular kids; we're more like a biker gang or a mafia family. Our heroes are scammers, silver-tongued diplomats, and spies. Our closest allies have always been rather shady Russians. In the old CFC the ally our people despised the most was FCON - because they were the earnest preppie no-scamming, no-ganking straights. To us, honor among thieves matters - which is why there's nothing lower in our society than a goonfucker, where the common Eve-playing pubbies forgive and forget and backstab one another and think nothing of it, with no consequences.

With us things are different. We do not answer your pleas because we are a 'disconnected directorate' who don't know who you are as 'random innocent victims randomly banned'. We don't answer you because I pulled the trigger on your exile and ban and you don't deserve a reply, except when you get to the point of whining about the directors and implying that they somehow were responsible for the justice I so gladly dispense. You don't get or deserve due process because you're not one of us.

Our people.
Our rules.
Our way.

Here's a tilde ~ now settle in for a long wait in the queue for me to feel a twinge of sympathy for the bullshit of the past few pages.

That still does not answer why I am banned because i had nothing to do with any of that.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I'll set a long skill queue and hold on to my "perhaps not".

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Numismancer posted:

Our people.
Our rules.
Our way.

I worked on TMC long enough with you to know you question which color dress shoes to wear with a suit (just match your loving belt color) so if you could just drop the overly-dramatic space emperor role play and just admit that the banlist was used as a personal weapon without cause and just unclick it, that would be swell.

We all know it wasn't you who clicked the button or had any idea what was going on because sion already said he did it based on what gicer told him without checking.

I mean all that information is in this very thread so I really don't know who you're trying to lie to. :toot:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

justsharkbait posted:

That still does not answer why I am banned because i had nothing to do with any of that.

i like the part where getting into goonwaffe is more important to you than being friends with kimsemus

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

evilweasel posted:

You can fly it but you don't get bonuses and once you dock it you can't undock it.

plus modules you don't have skills for are offlined, and if the ship has a jump drive or whatnot you can't use it.

justsharkbait posted:

Yes we were though. I mean that is flat out wrong. We were both members of SA long before we decided to join goons in EVE.

Just because we did not play with goons in EVE at the time doesn't mean we didn't qualify. The only people who gave us extra suspicion was NC who strongly disliked the fact we wrote for TMC.

The main reason i wanted to leave was because the goon hate got really old. They knew i was a SA member and writer for TMC and I got nothing but poo poo about it. SO to then join up to goonwaffe to have the kim stuff go down, then get blacklisted myself despite not being a part of the situation or involved is bullshit.

welp that is kinda poo poo then. I kinda thought 2013 was about when the TMC thing was but beats me it's all pretty fuzzy. and it sucks for you that you got banned just because your pal got banned, but I can see how that would happen when you came over in the same boat.

speaking of boats, it would probably be helpful for kim to step down off the high horse about ~archage injustice~. he's spent like 2 entire years bitching about he was wronged. meanwhile anyone can look at this level of :yikes: and easily conclude that, right or wrong, he's an incredible drama whore. the only place I'd seem him post outside Eve threads was star citizen, where he was still being an incredible drama whore. about a guild for a game that didn't and never will exist.

anyways if you do have friends in GSF still, they could post a "free kimsemus & sharkbait" SGBS thread with some examples of how you're not terrible to play games with and vouch for your reformed behavior. edit or maybe not since the emperor has spoken and still personally dislikes y'all.

Klyith fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Kimsemus posted:

I worked on TMC long enough with you to know you question which color dress shoes to wear with a suit (just match your loving belt color) so if you could just drop the overly-dramatic space emperor role play and just admit that the banlist was used as a personal weapon without cause and just unclick it, that would be swell.

We all know it wasn't you who clicked the button or had any idea what was going on because sion already said he did it based on what gicer told him without checking.

I mean all that information is in this very thread so I really don't know who you're trying to lie to. :toot:

ladies and gentlemen, how not to convince someone to do something, a performance in three lines

• Locked thread