Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facultas
Jan 2, 2004

No design, no conception.

justsharkbait posted:

That still does not answer why I am banned because i had nothing to do with any of that.

From what I remember, Kimsemus sponsored you into gsf. When he got banned, so did you. Unless it has changed, standard policy is to ban everyone sponsored by someone if the sponsor gets banned, or to ban a sponsor if someone they've sponsored gets banned. It's why getting sponsored into waffe tends to be so rare.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i like the part where getting into goonwaffe is more important to you than being friends with kimsemus

I was asking a question i want answered, what's wrong with that?

facultas posted:

From what I remember, Kimsemus sponsored you into gsf. When he got banned, so did you. Unless it has changed, standard policy is to ban everyone sponsored by someone if the sponsor gets banned, or to ban a sponsor if someone they've sponsored gets banned. It's why getting sponsored into waffe tends to be so rare.

No. We both had active SA accounts and met the requirements on our own. We just both came in together.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

facultas posted:

I didn't sponsor him, Sharkbait didn't need a sponsor, he had an active SA account that met the requirements and talked to mittani separately.

Even if I stay blacklisted for dubious reasons, there really isn't any reason not to let him back in if he wants.

Klyith posted:

"If you can't punch them IRL, don't sponsor them."

I literally could at the time, even if I did sponsor him. We were coworkers. :toot:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

facultas posted:

It's why getting sponsored into waffe tends to be so rare.

"If you can't punch them IRL, don't sponsor them."

facultas
Jan 2, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

I worked on TMC long enough with you to know you question which color dress shoes to wear with a suit (just match your loving belt color) so if you could just drop the overly-dramatic space emperor role play and just admit that the banlist was used as a personal weapon without cause and just unclick it, that would be swell.

We all know it wasn't you who clicked the button or had any idea what was going on because sion already said he did it based on what gicer told him without checking.

I mean all that information is in this very thread so I really don't know who you're trying to lie to. :toot:

I didn't personally ban you or anyone ever. Only admins have the power to ban on services.

I'll give you a guess who does have admin on gf.com though :v:

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Here is the thing, the imperium has rules.

These rules are not obfuscated by some obtuse cool kids culture like in Pandemic Legion.
These rules are not whimsical and tethered to memes like in TEST.

These rules are explicit and the punishment that results from not following them is deliberate and purposeful.
It's not like the "hell purge goonfucker" lever is conspicuously located in the kitchen or the living room where anybody can just accidentally fall and kick an innocent person. These people who goonfucked were rewarded for their behavior accordingly. If somebody as autistic and socially inept as me is able to follow the rules and avoid doing something that results in me getting purged, what the gently caress is your excuse?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
^^^ nonono that's idiotic. we bend, break, and create exceptions to rules all the time. people who goonfucked have been let back in, banned people have been freed, guys that didn't technically violate rules have been banned. Mittens has gotten rid of people just because they poo poo on him or other leadership one time too many (bu jinkan). it's a dictatorship, that's what happens.

but people who get banned get banned for reasons, even if that reason is "excessive drama in a different game". and people who get let back in have to convince somebody it's worth it, that there's a reason to take a chance again. posting a lot of words in the eve thread isn't very convincing.

Kimsemus posted:

he had an active SA account that met the requirements

why do you guys keep harping on that when everybody knows they're not requirements, just guidelines.

if Xolve applied to waffe do you think he'd get button pushed no questions asked just because he's got a 2012 account?

Klyith fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 12, 2016

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

MysteriousThing posted:

These rules are not obfuscated by some obtuse cool kids culture like in Pandemic Legion.

These rules are explicit and the punishment that results from not following them is deliberate and purposeful.
It's not like the "hell purge goonfucker" lever is conspicuously located in the kitchen or the living room where anybody can just accidentally fall and kick an innocent person. These people who goonfucked were rewarded for their behavior accordingly. If somebody as autistic and socially inept as me is able to follow the rules and avoid doing something that results in me getting purged, what the gently caress is your excuse?

just as long as you suck the right dicks what like this post is, youre in. good job, friend

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

this is pretty :psyduck:

can't you two, like, show these posts to your friends and use them as proof that GSF isn't for them so they'll come join you and play

playing with your friends is what you were after, right

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
the title of this thread is a lie

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

MysteriousThing posted:

what rules does pl have i'm confused

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

I too was wondering this

facultas
Jan 2, 2004

Pretty sure he's saying that rules exist and that the rules apply to everyone. For example, if I hosed goons myself, none of the stuff I did over the years would matter. There's no access or cool kids exceptions, the rules are crystal clear, as are the consequences for breaking them.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

MysteriousThing posted:

RIP in pepperonis

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

facultas posted:

Pretty sure he's saying that rules exist and that the rules apply to everyone. For example, if I hosed goons myself, none of the stuff I did over the years would matter. There's no access or cool kids exceptions, the rules are crystal clear, as are the consequences for breaking them.

Why do you keep saying goon hosed? We didn't goon gently caress.

MysteriousThing
Jul 21, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Pandemic Legion has a highly complex social caste system based on popularity and branding. While having a largely ad-hock leadership structure they still manage stability due to what amounts to a social contract. It's not unlike a clique in high school or fraternity. At the PL dinner each table is it's own social tier and who sits next to who is fussed over due to the social implications thereof.

Their rules~ are based more on social mores than on actual policy or behavior.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

MysteriousThing posted:

Pandemic Legion has a highly complex social caste system based on popularity and branding. While having a largely ad-hock leadership structure they still manage stability due to what amounts to a social contract. It's not unlike a clique in high school or fraternity. At the PL dinner each table is it's own social tier and who sits next to who is fussed over due to the social implications thereof.

that is surprisingly good description of it.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

MysteriousThing posted:

I see now why you were probated for posting in eve threads.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Must have supercapital.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

facultas posted:

the rules are crystal clear, as are the consequences for breaking them.

Ah yes the well known fishing pacts in other MMOs rule.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

facultas posted:

except to mandozer though, right
note: i love mandozer

andromache posted:

Must have supercapital.

everyone should have a supercapital to be honest.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

:confused:

how is what i said bait

Not the content. Director level attention in the thread keeps them posting in the thread whereas their solution plainly involves a rather nice yacht, not posting in the (wrong) thread.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 12, 2016

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

I miss mandozer.

Dozer gonna doze. :(

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Maneck posted:

Not the content. Director level attention in the thread keeps them posting in the thread whereas their solution plainly involves a rather nice yacht, not posting in the (wrong) thread.

is director level attention like director level chains

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
In the "if you give them enough rope they're hang themselves" sense, I suppose.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

the chili im eating right now is delicious, friends and i wish i could share it with everyone itt :shobon:

fakedit: cause yall need it

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Blazing Zero posted:

the chili im eating right now is delicious, friends and i wish i could share it with everyone itt :shobon:

fakedit: cause yall need it

idk i think we have enough bad gas coming out of our collective butts that is sublimating into bad posts, chili probably won't help that

facultas
Jan 2, 2004

everyone should have a supercapital to be honest.

Mandozer kept being let back in because Endie wouldn't stop whining about giving him more chances and kept vouching for him.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

facultas posted:

It's why getting sponsored into waffe tends to be so rare.

haha what, we've got tons of sponsorees, and the sponsor ban to sponsoree thing has only sporadically been enforced over the years. We've got a few "goons" that wander in to play every few years who's original sponsors have hosed off to PL/quit the game and they wander right back in through the auth process no questions asked.

It's honestly not even a great rule to enforce, because some of those dudes have been useful down the line. I mean the whole waffe full of pubbies thing hasn't been a running gag over the years because it wasn't true.

I mean I managed to be active on the auth team for all of five minutes and I processed/saw enough sponsorees processed that I knew it was nothing like rare.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I spoke to Kimsemus once. Based on that conversation I strongly recommend Free Kimseamus.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

adhering strictly to the letter of space guild rules only applies to some people, apparently. i think its hilarious that everyone itt tries to poo poo on pl about their cliques and highschool drama as a justification for it. its the same poo poo for goons, lmao. the only difference is that pl is open about it.

this chili doesnt have beans and i feel slightly upset about this. its still delicious though. i hope my posting inspires you to make your own chili or at least purchase some, (not in a can) namaste

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

adhering strictly to the letter of space guild rules only applies to some people, apparently. i think its hilarious that everyone itt tries to poo poo on pl about their cliques and highschool drama as a justification for it. its the same poo poo for goons, lmao. the only difference is that pl is open about it.

this chili doesnt have beans and i feel slightly upset about this. its still delicious though. i hope my posting inspires you to make your own chili or at least purchase some, (not in a can) namaste

No beans? isn't that the whole point of chili? Also not making chili, but i am making rice.

Also out of all the groups who try the pl way, only pl has done it for most of the game's history which makes it interesting.

justsharkbait fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 12, 2016

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

facultas posted:

I didn't personally ban you or anyone ever. Only admins have the power to ban on services.

I'll give you a guess who does have admin on gf.com though :v:

Space lawyering. If the CoS said 'ban him', does it matter who pres butan ? Did you? :)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rust Martialis posted:

Space lawyering. If the CoS said 'ban him', does it matter who pres butan ? Did you? :)

the chief of staff in gsf only gets to fire direkkktors not line members

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

MysteriousThing posted:

Like the one forbidding you from posting in this thread?

Klyith posted:

if Xolve applied to waffe do you think he'd get button pushed no questions asked just because he's got a 2012 account?

Actually- I did, twice (not on Xolve though).

Xolve fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 12, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

Like the one forbidding you from posting in this thread?

this just in, the imperium is the SA forums

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Oh god no.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Are you volunteering to :toxx: yourself with him?

Part of the crew, part of the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

Are you volunteering to :toxx: yourself with him?

Part of the crew, part of the ship.

trying too hard

• Locked thread