Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Nobby posted:

And gaslighting the poo poo out of Sam (and to a smaller extent John Walker. That one's gonna hurt when he finds out).

And sent US Agent after him to beat him up on live TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
I missed the whole story line of Cap being in Hydra, where is a good point to start reading and catch up?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Steve Rodgers: Captain America #1.

They're only, like, 7 issues into the series.

The Sam Wilson Cap stuff is recent as, what, two issues ago?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The story started in Sam Wilson Cap #7.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Looks like we're getting a new ELEKTRA book next year, complete with her adopting the costume from the Netflix show.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/797156823774150657

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

OGB posted:

Looks like we're getting a new ELEKTRA book next year, complete with her adopting the costume from the Netflix show.

I am exceedingly pleased by this turn of events.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

OGB posted:

I am 100% OK with this.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

http://www.newsarama.com/31971-marvel-are-october-champions-again-on-comic-book-sales-charts.html

Champions was the second best-selling comic last month, and I guess DC's sales are starting to wind down/Marvel NOW! is doing better than we all thought it was.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're calling it Now again?

Marvel really doesn't have any new ideas lately.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 12, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe they've sad that it's mostly because the shareholders liked the NOW branding.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
tbf NOW! is a pretty good brand, specially compared to All-New Marvel NOW!, Avengers NOW! and All-New All-Different Marvel. I'm pretty sure i am missing one of these.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I just hope we never see another issue 5.now

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm fine with the whole NOW thing. If I had more money, I would probably pick up some titles. I know I wish I didn't miss out on Ms. Marvel, Thor, etc. I know I heard my shop telling someone who was new to comics which ones to get, and it's nice that they label the jumping on points. (I don't like that it make something like issue 22 of Deadpool look like it's a #1. However, maybe it will stop the actual renumbering for a while...)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

OGB posted:

Elektra, wearing pants?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

is civil war over yet

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Synthbuttrange posted:

is civil war over yet

It ends next week.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I didn't follow the main book so I don't know if it's done but some things are explicitly set after it Champions, Invincible Iron Man, Uncanny Avengers and Avengers.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

civil war 2 got delayed so pretty much everything has moved past it by now

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Whens civil war 3

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Manatee Cannon posted:

civil war 2 got delayed so pretty much everything has moved past it by now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I96lXa3aVuQ

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I know there's 49 more of these, but there won't be another one more perfect than this one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

It ends next week.

#8 isn't out til Dec 28th.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

X-O posted:

I know there's 49 more of these, but there won't be another one more perfect than this one.

I hope Carol Avenger of Massachusetts is wearing a Red Sox cap.

drat she's not. So are these supposed to based on where that character is from or just arbitrary location/character match ups?

I'm glad Champions is selling well, i know a lot of you aren't hot on it, but I feel like it has a ton of potential.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 12, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Rhyno posted:

#8 isn't out til Dec 28th.

What the gently caress, I thought it was 7 issues long

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

I hope Carol Avenger of Massachusetts is wearing a Red Sox cap.

drat she's not. So are these supposed to based on where that character is from or just arbitrary location/character match ups?

Ben Grimm is representing Michigan. So there's a few arbitrary ones.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I guess I gotta read this series because Doreen is in a really cute outfit.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Does New Avengers change much after the first few issues? I read the first 4 or so and while it wasn't bad it felt pretty forgettable.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

What the gently caress, I thought it was 7 issues long

They announced an 8th issues two months ago. Same as when SW got a 9th issue.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

howe_sam posted:

Ben Grimm is representing Michigan. So there's a few arbitrary ones.

Avenger of Yancy Street was just so obvious though :(

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Does New Avengers change much after the first few issues? I read the first 4 or so and while it wasn't bad it felt pretty forgettable.

New Avengers has been loving amazing, and the only reason I'm not sad that it's ending is because U.S.Avengers seems like it's going to double down in every way I want my comics to be, which is to say, laden with New Mutants.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Ferrule posted:

Steve Rodgers: Captain America #1.

They're only, like, 7 issues into the series.

The Sam Wilson Cap stuff is recent as, what, two issues ago?

If you really want the whole story you should read Standoff: Assault on Pleasant Hill first.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It picks up after the first arc and gets really good, really quick after that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Waffleman_ posted:

I guess I gotta read this series because Doreen is in a really cute outfit.

I really hope she calls herself American Squirrel.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
How do these delays in huge events keep happening? Shouldn't making sure the monthlies don't pass by the event book be, like, THE priority at Marvel?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
David Marquez's wife gave birth and I imagine that a newborn baby and tight deadlines do not gel well together.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Tortuga posted:

How do these delays in huge events keep happening? Shouldn't making sure the monthlies don't pass by the event book be, like, THE priority at Marvel?

With SW it was the artist who owned up that he should have known he'd need more time. With CW2 it's both artist and writer as the decision to replace Tony with Riri was 11th hour.

Currently Marvel wants their event minis to be cohesive, they want the collected edition to be by the same artist from cover to cover. Back in the Bob Harris days nobody cared about collections, if your pages were late Harras would get another artist to step in to draw the next page and he didn't give a gently caress if one book had 6 artists. Kind of like during Sinestro Corps War at DC where you had a GLC issue with 5 artists on it because they changed the plot at the last minute. Same thing happened with Infinite Crisis where they printed unfinished pages in the comics and the trade had a ton of corrections in it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Same thing happened with Infinite Crisis where they printed unfinished pages in the comics and the trade had a ton of corrections in it.

I remember Infinite Crisis sometimes had multiple artists in one issue. It's been a while since I read it, but I think there's a bit in issue six where you've got a George Pérez page then you turn it over and it's a Jerry Ordway double-page spread or something like that.

Also, appreciate that this is the Marvel thread and not the DC one, but how did they change the plot for Sinestro Corps War?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Tangentially related, one of the few reasons I'm glad that Renew Your Vows is its own universe is, barring another Secret Wars or Spider-Verse, Marvels endless crossover events will not touch it. The story wont be interrupted 7 issues in because Schlong Johnson has begun to turn everyone in the world into Pasties and Spidey needs to show up for the event even though he wont really do anything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Also, appreciate that this is the Marvel thread and not the DC one, but how did they change the plot for Sinestro Corps War?

I don't remember the details but I think two issues of GLC are just a massive goddamned mess. I think they retooled their entire plan for Sodam Yat and scrapped most of what they already had in the can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

twistedmentat posted:

I really hope she calls herself American Squirrel.

Might as well. Marvel's current diverse lineup is already completely American, why not rev it to 110%.

• Locked thread