Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

10 to 1 she fights dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

TwoPair posted:

10 to 1 she fights dinosaurs.

Only a fool would take that bet. Gotta give credit to Cho, pretty masterful maneuvering and now he has an extra income stream and instead of just drawing variants he's drawing a full story and a book.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I wonder what Rucka's response is going to be

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I guess Skybourne is selling like poo poo so he needs a money gig.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
It sounds like he's going to be the one to take over when Rucka leaves, since he only committed a full year on the book (so 24 issues total.)

I agree that we should have more Wonder Woman stories that aren't origin ones (although I would argue there are PLENTY of Wonder Woman stories out there that aren't origin related, it's just that there have been a few high-profile origin stories for her out in the past year alone), but I'm especially annoyed at this line.

quote:

"I can’t tell you that, but it’s not gonna be an origin story because I hate origin stories. Every single Wonder Woman book that you pick there’s a goddam origin story where nothing happens. I’m going to treat Wonder Woman as I treat all superheroes, as a superhero," said Cho. "It’s pretty much genderless, she will be fighting bad guys, it’s gonna be action, non-stop action from start to finish. And all these female political agenda I’m not even addressing that. She’s Wonder Woman, where there’s a bad guy she’s gonna fight the bad guy and beat him. That’s all it is. That’s what comic books should be."

"Female political agenda." If you want to write a Wonder Woman book while avoiding her feminist roots, you are missing the entire point of the character. And to say comic books should only be about fighting bad guys is really dismissive of comics, even those in the Big Two, that have plenty to say and explore about their characters aside from kicking rear end.

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 12, 2016

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I don't know why, but literally the entire way that Cho phrased this made me feel like he was making the whole thing up for some unimaginable reason.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So, I just found that back on January Lobdell and Denis Medri pitched a mini series to DC based on Medri's "Rockabilly" Batman designs. Regretably, they never got any feedback from DC and thus the project didn't went beyond some mock covers that Medri did for the pitch

A real shame since I think those would've worked perfectly as Elseworlds.

poo poo, I'd probably read it. But then again, I love Elseworlds.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
...Does Frank Cho usually sound like such an unimaginable fuckshit? I can't tell if the entire interview is sarcasm or if he's really that much of a doucheass. "I have such a huge fanbase" and this whole "Well they haven't picked it up yet. But they will!" thing.

I really hope this is just DC trolling him or something because otherwise, loving heeell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He does have a huge fanbase, but otherwise yeah.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cho's a good artist and his stories are usually fun. So long as he keeps his personal opinions out of the book and just sticks to doing a big adventure story, it should be fine.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Miles Morales is also a black dude with kinda electrical powers.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm fairly certain Rucka would turn around and extend his contract solely to keep Cho away from the book if this is true. Maybe this was a negotiation tactic by DC - let Cho think he might be tapped to write Wondy after Rucka leaves, and then Rucka would go HELL NO and stay on longer?

I may be giving undue credit to DC.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'm fairly certain Rucka would turn around and extend his contract solely to keep Cho away from the book if this is true. Maybe this was a negotiation tactic by DC - let Cho think he might be tapped to write Wondy after Rucka leaves, and then Rucka would go HELL NO and stay on longer?

I may be giving undue credit to DC.

I think you're crafting a narrative when the most basic explanation is DCs looking for someone to either continue Wonder Woman or write a different Wonder Woman book, and Cho threw his name in the hat since he's been very clear about wanting to write Wonder Woman.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

...Does Frank Cho usually sound like such an unimaginable fuckshit? I can't tell if the entire interview is sarcasm or if he's really that much of a doucheass. "I have such a huge fanbase" and this whole "Well they haven't picked it up yet. But they will!" thing.

I really hope this is just DC trolling him or something because otherwise, loving heeell.

p much

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/31/from-milo-manara-to-frank-cho-a-very-unsafe-for-work-gift/
:nws:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A real shame since I think those would've worked perfectly as Elseworlds.

drat, a 60s Harley design I don't hate. I hope they eventually do this some day.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

And also not written by Scott Lobdell

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
So apparently the Cho Wonder Woman was a lie either made up by Cho or the source. Thank god.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

lotus circle posted:

So apparently the Cho Wonder Woman was a lie either made up by Cho or the source. Thank god.

Their just denying it to bow to the demands of the feminist gestapo :argh: When will DC stop putting the straight man down?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

“no current plans” doesn't necessarily invalidate what he said.

e: But, this whole thing could be Cho having said as he was quitting the covers gig "Hey *editor* I can't work with this Rucka dude breathing down my neck, cropping out my wonder-panties. As soon as he's gone though, I've got this great story idea. Dig this. Wonder Woman without any feminine issues! Anyway, I'll send a script through. We'll keep it on the back burner, eh? *wink*"
And the editor going "Err... Okay man. Look forward to it. Have a nice life."
And that's a cemented plan in his head.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 12, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, gently caress Frank Cho.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wanna start a parody comic book 'No Ma'am" website, posing as Frank Cho/Al Bundy.

e:
Young Animal Sweepstakes. Win yourself a Flex Mentallo beach towel.
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/11/02/dc%E2%80%99s-young-animal-%E2%80%93-north-carolina-comicon-sweepstakes

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 12, 2016

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Ironically I can see even a hint about this possibility getting Rucka pissed off enough to try and bargain with DC about getting someone he approves of as a successor. I don't think he'll sign on for another year, he has a lot of indie projects I think he would like to get back to, but I don't think he would be as willing to work with DC again if they get someone like Cho to come on directly after him.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Frank Cho is exactly who would be doing Wonder Woman in Trump's America.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

lotus circle posted:

lmao wasn't actually expecting to be right about this.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

purple death ray posted:

Frank Cho is exactly who would be doing Wonder Woman in Trump's America.

Finally having one of their own in the White House has emboldened rear end in a top hat perverts nationwide.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I mean...I know his social views are trashy, but is he usually an actual egotistical dick on top of that? Like, who goes around bragging about their unfinalized business deals and their huge fanbases or whatever? Can you imagine any other big-name writers or artists doing that? I can't even conceive of someone like Bendis or Johns being like, "Hey guys I'm totally taking over this series after this other rear end in a top hat leaves it! Well, technically it's not confirmed yet, but c'mon, it will be! 'Cuz so many people love me so much!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm kind of a big deal. I have many leather bound books.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

BrianWilly posted:

I mean...I know his social views are trashy, but is he usually an actual egotistical dick on top of that? Like, who goes around bragging about their unfinalized business deals and their huge fanbases or whatever? Can you imagine any other big-name writers or artists doing that? I can't even conceive of someone like Bendis or Johns being like, "Hey guys I'm totally taking over this series after this other rear end in a top hat leaves it! Well, technically it's not confirmed yet, but c'mon, it will be! 'Cuz so many people love me so much!"

I'm surprised you didn't pick up on his personality from like...everything else.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

BrianWilly posted:

Yes, he is. He literally sees himself as a crusader against censorship battling the SJW brigade.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

And I liked Liberty Meadows so much back in the day. Who knew Dean the pig was actually Cho's self insert character...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MH Knights posted:

And I liked Liberty Meadows so much back in the day. Who knew Dean the pig was actually Cho's self insert character...

Uh... everyone?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

catlord posted:

poo poo, I'd probably read it. But then again, I love Elseworlds.

I know, right?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I know, right?

Looks more like Grundy, unless it IS Grundy and the Killer Crocs are the school mascot, which would be genius.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I miss the days when Croc was just a dude with a crazy skin condition instead of a literal monster man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hup posted:

I miss the days when Croc was just a dude with a crazy skin condition instead of a literal monster man.

It was a simpler time.

"It was a really BIG rock!"

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
"Fun" fact:

Who established that Killer Croc is a cannibal?

Who established that Sabretooth is a cannibal?

Who established that Tiger Shark is a cannibal?

Who established that (Ultimate) Blob is a cannibal?

Who at least implied that the Hulk is a cannibal?

The answer to all of these: JEPH LOEB!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sabretooth is a different species and therefore technically not a cannibal.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

And to be fair, cannibalism seems to just be the norm in Ultimate Marvel.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I guess Loeb is just really into vore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Sabretooth is a different species and therefore technically not a cannibal.

Guess who established that too?