Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sunswipe posted:

I cannot get my head around how putting five or so candidates in the order of which you'd most like to win is difficult.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2016/guide/senate/

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Most people used to just ignore all of this and just put a 1 on the party they actually want. That's why we have a climate change truther in the senate.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You can guarantee that other than the 2% of posts calling everyone morons, that everyone responding to this is a Grade A gullible racist dickhead.

https://www.facebook.com/ThePatriotReview/posts/879739805549929

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Intoluene posted:

Most people used to just ignore all of this and just put a 1 on the party they actually want. That's why we have a climate change truther in the senate.

Hey he's an idiot on social media, so.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

:confused:

This isn't part of a chain of comments, and there are no replies to it. It's not even really relevant to the video.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

SwitchbladeKult posted:

This election has got people on edge. Part 2. Same people new thread.

I'm starting to see patter with Trump supporters. They immediately pivot to "Hillary Supporters do... THINGS!" that mysteriously can't be documented without wanting to own up to what a large number of their side is on video doing.

I'd ask these people even if their mysterious accusations are true that Hillary supporters, Hillary, Bill and Obama have all said and done worse things than Trump and his supporters, do two wrongs make a right?

Only what's the point? There is literally nothing Trump and his ilk could do that would make his detractors go "that's too far." And if they did, it would be media lies.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The social idiot this time, is Trump.

And now I have something for the next time someone on my facebook said "Conservatives never riot, we wouldn't have, and we're not racist!"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It doesn't make it any less funny, but the time stamps for the Trump tweets make it look recent when in reality it was from years ago.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
OP (pink) posted about her teenage daughter going to a Trump protest, comments joined in progress.

I'm the George Soros conspiracy theory 3 days after Donald Trump was elected president of the United States.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

You can probably guess but red and blue are black/mixed race, green is white.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
White people are the worst.

"WE ARE VICTIMS TOO, DON'T FORGET ABOUT US US US."

freypies
Jan 6, 2014
Reverse racism is real.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

I unfriended this woman. When I was a CNA she was the Head Nurse. She is part of a ghost hunting group in St. Joseph, MO.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm not surprised but still somehow sad that Imgur is already shifting to the anti-hillary and anti-liberal posts you see on facebook.

Oh and here's some more anti-BLM "I'M NOT RACIST BUT THESE UPPITY..."

Facebook friend also posted that bullshit "Democrats opposed the amendment that ended slavery" so who's the racist party now?! When someone called him out on it the response he has was "Check out this youtube video of some dude with a webcam and microphone talk about how that's not true"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EXNp3HddMI

Are the black bars above and below the image macro just "I'm too lazy to hold my finger on an image to save it or share it so I'll just take a screencap of my entire phone screen instead"?

Edit:

Where do these people find these no-name websites with these viewpoints? Also, good-loving-luck.

Ularg has a new favorite as of 13:39 on Nov 12, 2016

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Freedom of speech! except for all those people who would express an opinion that's different to mine i think we should throw those people in jail

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Slime posted:

Freedom of speech! except for all those people who would express an opinion that's different to mine i think we should throw those people in jail

For the highest federal charge that exists.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Why Canada and not Iceland?!

Ularg posted:

I'm not surprised but still somehow sad that Imgur is already shifting to the anti-hillary and anti-liberal posts you see on facebook.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

ikanreed posted:

For the highest federal charge that exists.

"Super Duper Federal Charge Times Infinity!" - President Trump

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

The thought process behind this meme is borderline incomprehensible

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Let's not just start posting naked racism here, eh?

Ularg posted:

Where do these people find these no-name websites with these viewpoints?

Facebook. When they got rid of human moderation of news sources, there was an instant, huge spike of literal hoax site recommendations. They tell me the situation has improved but the damage is done

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Web browser developers and mobile OS makers have a lot to answer for here, since they didn't do anything to stem the spread of misleading content. To say nothing of ISPs and cable providers.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
What do ISPs and Cable providers have to do with it? Honest question.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ularg posted:

What do ISPs and Cable providers have to do with it? Honest question.

The hoax material or misleading statements traveled over their infrastructure, just as over Chrome's and Facebook's.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

The hoax material or misleading statements traveled over their infrastructure, just as over Chrome's and Facebook's.

Do you really want ISPs to start policing internet content?

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Pretty sure that "right to vote for all" 15th amendment was missing a couple people.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Vladimir Poutine posted:

The thought process behind this meme is borderline incomprehensible
It really isn't. The person making it doesn't understand why they're being accused of racism. To them, it seems like any time you don't put everyone else before white people you're accused of racism, and by that logic choosing to go to Canada rather than Mexico must be racist. It's a perfect illustration of why the message they're receiving about racism is dumb and why it's important to actually take the time to explain yourself rather than simply writing people off as stupid and calling them names.

Subjunctive posted:

Web browser developers and mobile OS makers have a lot to answer for here, since they didn't do anything to stem the spread of misleading content. To say nothing of ISPs and cable providers.
What were they supposed to have done?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Thinky Whale posted:

Pretty sure that "right to vote for all" 15th amendment was missing a couple people.

gently caress, I live on the other side of the planet from the US and even I know that the Democrats and Republicans effectively changed sides after all that poo poo* was pushed through.

Might as well say, "Remember when the Repubicans cared about people and fought for their rights?"

*except Obamacare

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Andrast posted:

Do you really want ISPs to start policing internet content?

No, I don't. I don't want Facebook adjudicating truth of articles, either.

Tiggum posted:

What were they supposed to have done?

What was Facebook supposed to have done?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

What was Facebook supposed to have done?

I didn't suggest they should have done anything. You said that web browser developers, mobile OS makers, ISPs and cable providers "have a lot to answer for here, since they didn't do anything to stem the spread of misleading content" and I'm asking you what it is that you think they should have done. If there's nothing they should have done then they have nothing to answer for. So what is the responsibility that they had and how should they have addressed it?

Metrofreak
Mar 17, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER

....oooook?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Blue is a friend, I don't know Brown.
Replies are me and Blue.

How do you gently caress up that bad?

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Subjunctive posted:

Facebook is not infrastructure. They chose to be a news source (I'm talking about the automatically generated "see also" links in case you want to be clever, not the news shared by users), they chose an editorial policy for their news. It's on them

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tiggum posted:

I didn't suggest they should have done anything. You said that web browser developers, mobile OS makers, ISPs and cable providers "have a lot to answer for here, since they didn't do anything to stem the spread of misleading content" and I'm asking you what it is that you think they should have done. If there's nothing they should have done then they have nothing to answer for. So what is the responsibility that they had and how should they have addressed it?

Sorry, I was being ironic, extending the argument that Facebook is obliged to act. The whole stack delivered the content.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hackbunny posted:

Facebook is not infrastructure. They chose to be a news source (I'm talking about the automatically generated "see also" links in case you want to be clever, not the news shared by users), they chose an editorial line for their news. It's on them

Those links aren't recommendations, and they aren't labeled as such. They choose everything that shows up in feed algorithmically.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

The background here is that Subjunctive used to be a Facebook executive, make of that what you will

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Those links aren't recommendations, and they aren't labeled as such. They choose everything that shows up in feed algorithmically.

Yes, they publish content and "algorithmic" is their editorial policy. We don't disagree but we read different things into it

Remember the many times Google became unusable for certain topics due to biases in their algorithms?

hackbunny has a new favorite as of 16:11 on Nov 12, 2016

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hackbunny posted:

The background here

Doxx much?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hackbunny posted:

Remember the many times Google became unusable for certain topics due to biases in their algorithms?

Yes, but I don't recall them being accused of being responsible for distorting discussions of those topics. They were viewed as a broken tool for some purposes, not an organization failing to meet their moral duty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Yes, stating that someone used to work a job is exactly what doxxing is.