Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

BSS I have a question of the utmost import. Boxers or briefs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I was gonna make a Sisqó joke but in doing the research for said joke I learned that that guy has three children and two of them are named Quintus and Ryū, so uh, welp

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Pair of Theives
brand boxer briefs, found at Target. Holy poo poo they are amazing and worth the extra few bucks.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

I wear hybrids. Beat of both worlds.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah, if you're not a part of boxer-brief club you're a goddamned fool and I no longer wish to know you.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Thank you for the quick response. Boxer-briefs it is.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

A week or so ago, I briefly took over the funny panels thread with discussion about the goofball, comic booky wrestling promotion Chikara.

Welp, for those interested in a good laugh, I wrote about the 20 funniest Chikara matches of all time.

Gavok fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 11, 2016

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I think you posted the long link there, the site just asked for a username and password.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Whoops, fixed.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
"Too bad Bomberman was already taken, or it could be a lot worse" is what I'd say in regards to Banshee being an Irish stereotype if I could post in the Marvel thread.

Also, upon looking it up, Bomberman was released a few years after Giant-Size X-Men, so I guess it doesn't really work.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Rhyno posted:

That man was literally the soundtrack of my youth. I was sitting in the basement in 1993 watching Pump Up the Volume and discovered his amazing voice in that lackluster flick.

That flick is amazing, you philistine.

I'm a little salty to this day that for some reason, the version of "Everybody Knows" on the soundtrack is a Concrete Blonde cover.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wanderer posted:

That flick is amazing, you philistine.

I'm a little salty to this day that for some reason, the version of "Everybody Knows" on the soundtrack is a Concrete Blonde cover.

They use that version at the climax of the film.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Huh, apparently I've turned into a giant snob after all. I was at a buddy's house and he offered to lend me his new Uncanny X-Men to catch me up. I opened one at random and saw Land art (not only Land art, but THE Land face on a random page) and I closed it, saying "nope". For the first time ever I've decided not to read something because of the crappy artist.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-men have been cursed with Land so often.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Rhyno posted:

They use that version at the climax of the film.

Yeah, but the official movie soundtrack doesn't have Cohen's version at all, which has always struck me as a tremendous omission.

On the other hand, I've had "Freedom of Speech" stuck in my head for sixteen years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, but the official movie soundtrack doesn't have Cohen's version at all, which has always struck me as a tremendous omission.

On the other hand, I've had "Freedom of Speech" stuck in my head for sixteen years.

If memory serves they couldn't clear the rights for the soundtrack.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So uh, I have a really fuckin weird guy who dresses as Star Lord all the fuckin time, mask and all, and walks around the mall. Today he decided he was Green Arrow. And he walked into my store in costume, quickly followed by security and a Sheriff because he used his very real bow to fire a very real arrow across the quad. Somehow he didn't get arrested, they just took his weapons and let him continue shopping.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No season 5 spoilers, dick.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

So uh, I have a really fuckin weird guy who dresses as Star Lord all the fuckin time, mask and all, and walks around the mall. Today he decided he was Green Arrow. And he walked into my store in costume, quickly followed by security and a Sheriff because he used his very real bow to fire a very real arrow across the quad. Somehow he didn't get arrested, they just took his weapons and let him continue shopping.

Sounds like someone failed your city.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Rhyno posted:

That is a more common practice than you know if nobody gets hurt, I remember the single time I ever used the silent alarm at the old job was over a dude whipping out a bunch of knives and trying to fight people. Cops showed up, took his knives and left him to irritate me for two hours.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Aphrodite posted:

No season 5 spoilers, dick.

Season 5 took a sharp upturn in quality it sounds like

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

END ME SCOOB posted:

That is a more common practice than you know if nobody gets hurt, I remember the single time I ever used the silent alarm at the old job was over a dude whipping out a bunch of knives and trying to fight people. Cops showed up, took his knives and left him to irritate me for two hours.

What kind of police state do we live in that doesn't allow street fights to the death????

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

This is important: which Green Arrow costume was it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a super lovely cell phone pic but I don't know if I should really post it. He was wearing black pants and boots and a sort of lovely ARROW jacket with hood, sort of like the season 1 gear.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rhyno posted:

I have a super lovely cell phone pic but I don't know if I should really post it. He was wearing black pants and boots and a sort of lovely ARROW jacket with hood, sort of like the season 1 gear.

No Robin Hood gear? Poser.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Should have wailed on him with an Invisibles omnibus.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

Sounds like someone failed your city.

More like someone failed fashion.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Next Telltale game is gonna be Guardians of the Galaxy :hellyeah: :gaz:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Speaking of Stephen Amell, he posted something similar on his Facebook feed.

quote:

Dude came up to me yesterday... Head Butts me hard. Outta nowhere... Then says -- "I want to fight the Green Arrow." Paused, looked at him... shook his hand and said no thank you. Because I'm a father and a husband. Pretty manly if you ask me.

So rather then engage in a stupid street brawl, Amell walks away. Because he's an adult.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

He was just confused because he's The Arrow, and has no idea who Green Arrow is.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Suddenly, Squirrel Girl got a lot scarier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzdL_Oc1g2Q

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Vincent posted:

Yes squirrels are omnivores.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Vincent posted:

I can't wait for Marvel Zombies 6.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

He was just confused because he's The Arrow, and has no idea who Green Arrow is.

He's been the Green Arrow since season... 3, I wanna say? (Who is a distinct and obviously different person than the Arrow, despite them wearing nearly identical outfits, using the same voice encoder thing and having the same build, complexion and gimmick)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it was just last season. He had his "I need to be the light not the darkness etc." thing, then the bad guy was literally called Darhk.

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

He's been the Green Arrow since season... 3, I wanna say? (Who is a distinct and obviously different person than the Arrow, despite them wearing nearly identical outfits, using the same voice encoder thing and having the same build, complexion and gimmick)

It helps that the Arrow was quite visibly "unmasked" and "killed" though. People think the Green Arrow is a legacy hero.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Did you know that a beer in the shower is a great way to reward yourself after playing sports? Now you know.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Teenage Fansub posted:

With the lack of resolution, you'd get even more bummed.

e: And the Running Man for immigrants game show probably isn't quite as silly.

I bought Prez anyway and you're right I am bummed it just cuts off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

OhFunny posted:

I bought Prez anyway and you're right I am bummed it just cuts off.

But now it's time to follow the writer over to The Flintstones :)

• Locked thread