Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Master missions: soon to be 50% less lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1765312
:woop:

quote:

Vorici will Smoke Mine to his target when his mission is complete.
Vorici no longer gives you a mission to kill the target without killing any of the guards.
On missions from Vorici where you have to avoid killing some enemies, the enemies will have significantly more life, have life regeneration, and are less likely to be attacked by minions.
On missions from Vorici where you must keep the target on low life, the target will have more life.
Removed the automatic Ethereal Knives variation of Vorici guards.

e:f;b.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Oh those are wonderful.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
:awesome:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a buffer/debuffer build? My friends are playing so I'll be groups and I like managing poo poo more than I like hitting things

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You could run a quad curse setup with a Cospri's and a Heretic's Veil if you wanted.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

^^^That's the debuff option.

Buff: Guardian. Have all of the auras, make party members happy.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Note that neither the multi-curse nor the Guardian builds actually involve "managing" anything. You really just turn on your curses and auras and then follow people around while they do the work.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

whypick1 posted:

^^^That's the debuff option.

Buff: Guardian. Have all of the auras, make party members happy.
There's always the 12 aura Necromancer build! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1698800

Yandere
Nov 9, 2016
The 12 aura necromancer still isn't what might be called active. But it's better than the guardian I suppose.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

[Blight] Chaos version of Incinerate?

Called it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDVODOGu1Wg

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I was thinking lightning tendrils, but I guess incinerate is a bit more accurate a comparison.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Well I know what I'm doing next week.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I can't get excited for channeling because it seems like they will all be too slow.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Duck and Cover posted:

I can't get excited for channeling because it seems like they will all be too slow.

Yes. It will have to have insane damage to make up for it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Blight looks like it will be very good for ED builds, considering that most of the time for bosses you can't really do much extra other than actively dodge poo poo. I might actually be able to do Shaper on mine with it!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Mathil did Shaper with an ED character today if you want to check his build out.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

dyzzy posted:

Mathil did Shaper with an ED character today if you want to check his build out.

Yeah, but right now ED means Essence of Delirium delivery device. Unless they make Essence part of the base game you lose over half your dps from level 50 on in a couple weeks. Even then, you probably won't be seeing the market flooded with 5c decay weapons.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
IIRC Vasudus already has a delirium weapon though

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah, but right now ED means Essence of Delirium delivery device. Unless they make Essence part of the base game you lose over half your dps from level 50 on in a couple weeks. Even then, you probably won't be seeing the market flooded with 5c decay weapons.

technically ED was always a great endgame and levelling spell (I can only point again at Helman's 48h race as a ED Trickster), Essence just amplified the dps even further

kinda like Essence also increased the HP pool of ES builds to make them better, when those builds were already at the top

Tortoiseburger
Mar 27, 2007

The Finest of the Tortoise

Duck and Cover posted:

Can you stick them in a totem?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'll have to look at Mathil's character and see what he did differently. All my gear is pretty much A++ so he's probably either not a trickster, or he's doing something with frenzy charges to get the DPS up more.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mathil normally does the correct thing and plays scion. I haven't looked at what he did this time, though.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Mathil's latest build is an Occultist.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Off the top of my head he's Occultist, runs Shav/LL and 5-linked ED/Contagion with a level 4 empower. His DPS was pretty filthy.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

dyzzy posted:

Off the top of my head he's Occultist, runs Shav/LL and 5-linked ED/Contagion with a level 4 empower. His DPS was pretty filthy.

The trick is, Mathil's builds are usually pretty goddamn squishy, and I don't think he's using Soulstrike + delerium bow and instead opted for consuming dark + delerium dagger for even more damage scaling.

I have a character that's built roughly the same, except not lowlife, and my ED degen damage is around 29k with all buffs up, which means decay sits around 36k, and each poison application gives somewhere around 12-15k per stack, I haven't run shaper yet but the guardians were extremely dead extremely fast, and it's probably half the DPS of his build.

edit: Not sure why he runs an empower when Slower Proj would be a much larger overall damage boost, considering he's using contagion to spread it doesn't really matter how slow ED travels.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 11, 2016

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
A level 4 empower is more DPS than Slower Projectiles, that's why.

My ED tooltip was 35.5k and I ran with a decay dagger + shield. It was not enough DPS to kill Shaper in time. My best runs ALMOST got him down, but I would realistically need another 10k on it to do it remotely comfortably. I capped out on gear, the only way I was going to do better would be to either completely redo my character as an occultist, or completely remake my tree as a Trickster and go with frenzy charges.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Vasudus posted:

A level 4 empower is more DPS than Slower Projectiles, that's why.

Maybe if you were only running ED; It does absolutely nothing for decay's damage, which is an even match for ED's degen even at lvl 23, and only scales initial hit damage for poison which for ED is quite low. Overall, the math shows Slower Proj being a larger damage increase across all 3 degen effects, especially considering it's yet another doubledip.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 11, 2016

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Looking for some goon feedback on my variation on Mathil's Dream Feather Spectral Throw. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Maddot_66/characters

couple things I am focused on:

what I should run for my 6th link in the set-up. culling strike is a placeholder, since I discovered I did more damage with it than with phys proj damage.

wondering if there is a better way to poison. I use 3 pacifism and snakebite to always have poison up, and to always be phasing. wondering if I should make poison my 6th gem and free up the jewel slots for something else.

is there any reasonable way to make onslaught happen more frequently? I get huge damage boosts while active.

I need more life. currently putting points into scion health wheel. what else can I do?

any other suggestions, observations, or questions would be greatly appreciated.

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010
So I made the thermonuke RAT build (which seems to die when any AOE hits the totems at all), and I've been working on a flameblast build. The FB build seems to be a pain in the rear end because the channel always takes too long for killing stuff. Looking at the new blade flurry skill I'm thinking something like:

Rough not done yet build.

Something else I was thinking of *maybe* doing was instead going with Varunastra and getting a lit more defensive nodes/ melee stun for the support, but then that ups the expensive-ness a fair bit. I don't think I've ever done >1exa build (then again my highest tier is t5 because I'm a baddie).

Any thoughts?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

I wish melee had cool skills like the fiery death ray and chaos waves. :( Maybe it's a graphical thing, I just want hits to launch corpses and gibs everywhere and I'd be happier.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Mo_Steel posted:

I wish melee had cool skills like the fiery death ray and chaos waves. :( Maybe it's a graphical thing, I just want hits to launch corpses and gibs everywhere and I'd be happier.

Whatever its flaws, Diablo 3 had a great visceral feel to tearing hordes of enemies apart with big flashy skills. Probably the ragdolls and giblets flying all over the place, and a nice helping of environmental destruction

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wozbo posted:

So I made the thermonuke RAT build (which seems to die when any AOE hits the totems at all), and I've been working on a flameblast build. The FB build seems to be a pain in the rear end because the channel always takes too long for killing stuff. Looking at the new blade flurry skill I'm thinking something like:

Rough not done yet build.

Something else I was thinking of *maybe* doing was instead going with Varunastra and getting a lit more defensive nodes/ melee stun for the support, but then that ups the expensive-ness a fair bit. I don't think I've ever done >1exa build (then again my highest tier is t5 because I'm a baddie).

Any thoughts?
I wouldn't ever plan level 100 builds

for one thing: two extra nodes for RT and the obligatory MORE LIFE :v:

also didn't they nerf taunting? I recall reddit was crying about that

here is what I would do: scrap all the block, get more life, path to marauder core (which is insane for melee imo), use jewel nodes for tripple damage stats http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAUBBQU1FQ...lFBUUgwQVFBQQAA

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I thought I was done with this league but I want to do a Righteous Fire build now. I really wish there was some solution too the level up chore. Maybe when they add a 5th act it won't be so bad

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Maddot_66 posted:

Looking for some goon feedback on my variation on Mathil's Dream Feather Spectral Throw. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Maddot_66/characters

couple things I am focused on:

what I should run for my 6th link in the set-up. culling strike is a placeholder, since I discovered I did more damage with it than with phys proj damage.

wondering if there is a better way to poison. I use 3 pacifism and snakebite to always have poison up, and to always be phasing. wondering if I should make poison my 6th gem and free up the jewel slots for something else.

is there any reasonable way to make onslaught happen more frequently? I get huge damage boosts while active.

I need more life. currently putting points into scion health wheel. what else can I do?

any other suggestions, observations, or questions would be greatly appreciated.

Pierce would be the 6th support if you just want a modifier. A poison gem sounds better to me though. You are giving up frenzy charges, glove slot and 3 jewels that could all be huge damage and HP boosts.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Maddot_66 posted:

You path right by Thick Skin. It would give you 6% hp per node which is more efficient than filling in the Scion life wheel for your next 3 levels. I would re-spec the extra 5% node you have in the wheel already to get to Thick Skin sooner (once you have the 2 little nodes on the way to it, that is).

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I wouldn't ever plan level 100 builds

for one thing: two extra nodes for RT and the obligatory MORE LIFE :v:

also didn't they nerf taunting? I recall reddit was crying about that

here is what I would do: scrap all the block, get more life, path to marauder core (which is insane for melee imo), use jewel nodes for tripple damage stats http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAUBBQU1FQ...lFBUUgwQVFBQQAA

Thanks for the tip!

I try to plan for level 70- 80 but I wasnt sure what was good or bad on this so I kept it all there for the feedback.

Also flurry is one handed swords so I'm making a small change around the marauder area for that.

If I get the Varu, wouldnt something like this be *way* better?

Tweaked

E2:
Tweaked, more defensive

(I know this one goes to lvl 100 but it should be easy to scale back the points to 80)

I did some notepad-fu to compare and I think I found that the ranger block area is way better than the duelist block area (and if I rebalance off of damage I can go into the life/ stun nodes there).

Late edit: If taunt gets unfucked I'd respec 4 ascendancy points into that.

Wozbo fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 13, 2016

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Eezee posted:

Pierce would be the 6th support if you just want a modifier. A poison gem sounds better to me though. You are giving up frenzy charges, glove slot and 3 jewels that could all be huge damage and HP boosts.

That explains why mathil uses pierce when these already do so. Totally forgot about the More modifier.

The only thing that worries me about ditching the gloves and jewels for the poison gem is the fact that I rely on phasing for my defense, as much as offense. If I am not phasing, then I lose 20%move, elemental status immunity, and 10% spell dodge chance.
How would I reliably keep up phasing against bosses? (this kinda fits into my other question about onslaught. If I can more effectively keep that up, I could ease off phasing from being at "max" frenzy charges.
How would I effectively generate charges? I hate blood rage, and I don't have reservation for poacher's mark.

Artificial Idiocy posted:

You path right by Thick Skin. It would give you 6% hp per node which is more efficient than filling in the Scion life wheel for your next 3 levels. I would re-spec the extra 5% node you have in the wheel already to get to Thick Skin sooner (once you have the 2 little nodes on the way to it, that is).

That sounds like a great idea. I have a few regrets left, so I'll do that in a couple levels if I make it that far.

Thanks for the feedback. I want to use this next league, so this has been super helpful .

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I haven't played this game forever is there anything cool happening soon that I should wait for to start playing again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Does "sometime in December" count as soon to you? That's when the next league starts. The current league is quieting down, but three new skill gems are supposed to be added sometime in the next week or two, and that should bring some people back. So now is a decent time to start playing if you don't want to wait a month.

• Locked thread