Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Maybe it's a complicated subject that should be taken to D&D and get the gently caress outta the IOSM thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
undecided voter "what will you do to ensure that changing energy policies do not destroy the employment opportunities of hundreds of thousands of people"

the left "gently caress you for being undecided there are bigger issues than your concerns gently caress off also these innocent posts on reddit mean were going to call you a sexist and racist and the media is going to smear you"

*trump wins*

the left "why didn't people vote for us?"

ken bone is the election in a single voter.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

RyokoTK posted:

Maybe it's a complicated subject that should be taken to D&D and get the gently caress outta the IOSM thread.

You are correct.

I have no fun contrubutions to the thread. Besides people talking about the American elections there also people discussing 'Black Pete'. Our very nice childerens holiday that just evolved in adults screaming at eachother. It is 'gently caress you think of the childeren and our traditions, you know it isnt ment racist' vs 'everyone who wants to keep Black Pete as he is, is literally Hitler'.

And the kids, and most adults dont care. The childeren enjoy themselves and it is a cool holiday all around. Even if the 'Petes' have all the colours of the rainbow (and black and white), childeren still love it.

It feels like our very own confederate flag bullshit.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm at a bar where I heard " I preferred Hillary but the democrats just had 8 years "

:psyduck:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I feel bad seeing people (for instance this showed up because my husband's dad liked it) falling for fake news websites but it's fueling a lot of hateful poo poo and I'm not really into defending that mess

Captain Candyblood
Aug 19, 2013

*The worse insults for the likpas and phallos as well.
No screencaps because the post was deleted, but I just got into an argument with some guy I don't know on someone else's post, which was very bluntly saying that people need to calm down and Trump isn't that big a deal. I commented that even if Trump doesn't end up being as bad as he seems, it's the violence and xenophobia he encourages that's really scaring people. This guy jumped on me asking for citations. I responded "ummm, look at his entire election cycle? even his entire career?", and the guy went "the things he said weren't that bad, also I'M STILL WAITING ON CITATIONS :colbert:"

I didn't respond after that because seriously? What kind of a tactic is that? You want me to believe that either you haven't been paying attention to anything for the last year, or you don't know how to use google? If it were something smaller I'd have no problem giving sources but cmon....I think I need to take a social media vacation because it's making me crazy

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
you should attempt to prove your claims

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Captain Candyblood posted:

No screencaps because the post was deleted, but I just got into an argument with some guy I don't know on someone else's post, which was very bluntly saying that people need to calm down and Trump isn't that big a deal. I commented that even if Trump doesn't end up being as bad as he seems, it's the violence and xenophobia he encourages that's really scaring people. This guy jumped on me asking for citations. I responded "ummm, look at his entire election cycle? even his entire career?", and the guy went "the things he said weren't that bad, also I'M STILL WAITING ON CITATIONS :colbert:"

I didn't respond after that because seriously? What kind of a tactic is that? You want me to believe that either you haven't been paying attention to anything for the last year, or you don't know how to use google? If it were something smaller I'd have no problem giving sources but cmon....I think I need to take a social media vacation because it's making me crazy

If you're the one trying to prove a point you should be willing to provide evidence. :shrug:

Immolat1on
Sep 9, 2005

Puppy Time posted:

loving this.

People were voting for the bigot because they saw it as a choice between an uncaring establishment that has been writing them off for decades and someone who actually claimed to care and offered them what they needed.

If your condition for helping people in poverty is "You have to change your way of life entirely to what I want," then of course they aren't going to like you, and they're going to go to the rear end in a top hat who doesn't treat them like dirt, because they get that poo poo all the time in the first place.

Get people to a standard of living where they're not constantly stressed by wondering whether they can eat or afford heating, THEN you can work on getting them to learn about bigotry and why maybe these slurs you grew up hearing aren't a good thing.

Offered them what they needed... getting rid of those pesky Mexicans and dangerous Muslims lol

Has absolutely nothing to do with being poor either, plenty of middle and upper class whites voted Trump, Democratic platform is much more geared towards aiding the poor as well so don't see how being poor is some how an excuse at all.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Immolat1on posted:

Offered them what they needed... getting rid of those pesky Mexicans and dangerous Muslims lol

Has absolutely nothing to do with being poor either, plenty of middle and upper class whites voted Trump, Democratic platform is much more geared towards aiding the poor as well so don't see how being poor is some how an excuse at all.

The simple answer is that Puppy Time doesn't want to accept this because it doesn't play into the Berniebro narrative.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I don't like curtailing discussions in PYF but let's take a break from the political analysis please.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Did she get stuck in a loop or something? Rebooted there for a sec.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I've been seeing a video going around, you can find it if you like but I'm not linking it directly because this dude is a prick and I don't want to drive traffic to him, where this guy blames leftists and political correctness for Trump (and a dash of Hillary is the worst for flavor).

It's amazing how many of his videos are recorded just as he's putting on his jacket or just as he's signing off on something or just as he's taking a break from something. I've never seen so much rehearsed spontaneity.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

The Snoo posted:

I feel bad seeing people (for instance this showed up because my husband's dad liked it) falling for fake news websites but it's fueling a lot of hateful poo poo and I'm not really into defending that mess

Stop doing useless protesting and PRAY!

:v:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!

Ularg posted:

Stop doing useless protesting and PRAY!

:v:

A god intervening is about the best we can hope for by this point.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

credburn posted:

It's amazing how many of his videos are recorded just as he's putting on his jacket or just as he's signing off on something or just as he's taking a break from something. I've never seen so much rehearsed spontaneity.

It's a good schtick. I like it. It's a framework that lets him be rushed and angry.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

TotalLossBrain posted:

Thinking about things is hard, especially when they are uncomfortable. People just flat-out refuse to do it, knowing that they are right anyhow and need not consider 'evidence' which is likely a bunch of lies anyway because their side is right and the other is wrong.

I have just the thing demonstrating this, although it's not political.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

credburn posted:

Ever been to Kickstarter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iQC0Fqpq70

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I had seen that pop up a couple of times amongst my friends, and I felt like something was fishy. Good to know it's a pyramid scheme.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The Snoo posted:

Bullshit response, but the news is real. Bagram AFB was bombed during some kind of fun run event.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Ha! I especially like the one where the guy walks into his own house and says, "Oh, hello there..."

I like to imagine after it cuts off it continues, "...what the gently caress are you doing in my house?"

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

This guy sounds really well-adjusted and healthy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Violet_Sky posted:

This guy sounds really well-adjusted and healthy.

He's the guy I posted about when B.o.B implied the Holocaust was greatly exaggerated early this year. He's very adamant that there is no real source for 6 million Jews.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Is his signature trying to say that there's no easy way to leave Gamefaqs? Are defectors hunted down and their families punished? :psyduck:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Everyone knows that if you have an account on a website, you must use it. You cannot simply choose to ignore it. Without a moderator specifically deleting it on your behalf, a person can't be held accountable for their inability to resist use. Not at all his fault.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Irish nationalists have found a weapon even worse than the car bomb - memes.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pink is my cousin's son. I noticed something a bit funny about the source of this video he shared...

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

credburn posted:

There are some people on Facebook that have some kind of image macro (called "memes" now?) primed for every single kind of response. I don't know how they organize such a library of pictures of Gene Wilder and Patrick Stewart with hilarious rebuttals. Is there a website you can go to where you can type whatever someone said to you and it will just bring up an image and retort all ready for you to post?

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
Imgur is outraged about the things that matter.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Byzantine posted:

A god intervening is about the best we can hope for by this point.

Be careful what you wish for. :cthulhu:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Stoatbringer posted:

Be careful what you wish for. :cthulhu:

Nyarlathotep . . . the crawling chaos . . . I am the last . . . I will tell the audient void. . . .

I do not recall distinctly when it began, but it was months ago. The general tension was horrible. To a season of political and social upheaval was added a strange and brooding apprehension of hideous physical danger; a danger widespread and all-embracing, such a danger as may be imagined only in the most terrible phantasms of the night. I recall that the people went about with pale and worried faces, and whispered warnings and prophecies which no one dared consciously repeat or acknowledge to himself that he had heard. A sense of monstrous guilt was upon the land, and out of the abysses between the stars swept chill currents that made men shiver in dark and lonely places. There was a daemoniac alteration in the sequence of the seasons—the autumn heat lingered fearsomely, and everyone felt that the world and perhaps the universe had passed from the control of known gods or forces to that of gods or forces which were unknown.

And it was then that Nyarlathotep came out of Egypt. Who he was, none could tell, but he was of the old native blood and looked like a Pharaoh. The fellahin knelt when they saw him, yet could not say why. He said he had risen up out of the blackness of twenty-seven centuries, and that he had heard messages from places not on this planet. Into the lands of civilisation came Nyarlathotep, swarthy, slender, and sinister, always buying strange instruments of glass and metal and combining them into instruments yet stranger. He spoke much of the sciences—of electricity and psychology—and gave exhibitions of power which sent his spectators away speechless, yet which swelled his fame to exceeding magnitude. Men advised one another to see Nyarlathotep, and shuddered. And where Nyarlathotep went, rest vanished; for the small hours were rent with the screams of nightmare. Never before had the screams of nightmare been such a public problem; now the wise men almost wished they could forbid sleep in the small hours, that the shrieks of cities might less horribly disturb the pale, pitying moon as it glimmered on green waters gliding under bridges, and old steeples crumbling against a sickly sky.

I remember when Nyarlathotep came to my city—the great, the old, the terrible city of unnumbered crimes. My friend had told me of him, and of the impelling fascination and allurement of his revelations, and I burned with eagerness to explore his uttermost mysteries. My friend said they were horrible and impressive beyond my most fevered imaginings; that what was thrown on a screen in the darkened room prophesied things none but Nyarlathotep dared prophesy, and that in the sputter of his sparks there was taken from men that which had never been taken before yet which shewed only in the eyes. And I heard it hinted abroad that those who knew Nyarlathotep looked on sights which others saw not.

It was in the hot autumn that I went through the night with the restless crowds to see Nyarlathotep; through the stifling night and up the endless stairs into the choking room. And shadowed on a screen, I saw hooded forms amidst ruins, and yellow evil faces peering from behind fallen monuments. And I saw the world battling against blackness; against the waves of destruction from ultimate space; whirling, churning; struggling around the dimming, cooling sun. Then the sparks played amazingly around the heads of the spectators, and hair stood up on end whilst shadows more grotesque than I can tell came out and squatted on the heads. And when I, who was colder and more scientific than the rest, mumbled a trembling protest about “imposture” and “static electricity”, Nyarlathotep drave us all out, down the dizzy stairs into the damp, hot, deserted midnight streets. I screamed aloud that I was not afraid; that I never could be afraid; and others screamed with me for solace. We sware to one another that the city was exactly the same, and still alive; and when the electric lights began to fade we cursed the company over and over again, and laughed at the queer faces we made.

I believe we felt something coming down from the greenish moon, for when we began to depend on its light we drifted into curious involuntary formations and seemed to know our destinations though we dared not think of them. Once we looked at the pavement and found the blocks loose and displaced by grass, with scarce a line of rusted metal to shew where the tramways had run. And again we saw a tram-car, lone, windowless, dilapidated, and almost on its side. When we gazed around the horizon, we could not find the third tower by the river, and noticed that the silhouette of the second tower was ragged at the top. Then we split up into narrow columns, each of which seemed drawn in a different direction. One disappeared in a narrow alley to the left, leaving only the echo of a shocking moan. Another filed down a weed-choked subway entrance, howling with a laughter that was mad. My own column was sucked toward the open country, and presently felt a chill which was not of the hot autumn; for as we stalked out on the dark moor, we beheld around us the hellish moon-glitter of evil snows. Trackless, inexplicable snows, swept asunder in one direction only, where lay a gulf all the blacker for its glittering walls. The column seemed very thin indeed as it plodded dreamily into the gulf. I lingered behind, for the black rift in the green-litten snow was frightful, and I thought I had heard the reverberations of a disquieting wail as my companions vanished; but my power to linger was slight. As if beckoned by those who had gone before, I half floated between the titanic snowdrifts, quivering and afraid, into the sightless vortex of the unimaginable.

Screamingly sentient, dumbly delirious, only the gods that were can tell. A sickened, sensitive shadow writhing in hands that are not hands, and whirled blindly past ghastly midnights of rotting creation, corpses of dead worlds with sores that were cities, charnel winds that brush the pallid stars and make them flicker low. Beyond the worlds vague ghosts of monstrous things; half-seen columns of unsanctified temples that rest on nameless rocks beneath space and reach up to dizzy vacua above the spheres of light and darkness. And through this revolting graveyard of the universe the muffled, maddening beating of drums, and thin, monotonous whine of blasphemous flutes from inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond Time; the detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods—the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

I wish they would be slightly more outraged about the half naked chick stealing charity money. As opposed her not getting naked enough.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Blind Pineapple posted:

That video was textbook concern trolling. We need to stop calling out bigotry because people won't listen to us, now let me make this point using words like "lynch" and "mansplain" for an edginess effect.

Also, here's a stupid map:

So people who live in areas with less crime vote for the law and order candidate. Reminds me of how the brexit vote in England was stronger in areas with less immigration.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

It's not a pyramid, it's a dimaryp. :colbert:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Baron Corbyn posted:

Irish nationalists have found a weapon even worse than the car bomb - memes.

Our Prime Minister agrees: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/10/no-joke-spanish-prime-ministers-party-suggests-ban-on-internet-m/

It has caused a bit of a stir on social media around there. Because, you know, with our unemployment levels sky high, "gag laws" being passed to punish protesters/avoid demonstrations, and a generally empoverished population, we have no more pressing social matters than OUR MEMES :argh:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TinTower posted:

It's not a pyramid, it's a dimaryp. :colbert:

*Welcome to the Jungle plays louder*

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Ularg posted:

*Welcome to the Jungle plays louder*

It's difficult to overstate how much I hope a stage pyrotechnics accident fangoriously explodes that Jim Jones looking dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I just couldn't handle how fitting when the Pyramid scheme guy comes onto the stage on "I wanna watch you bleed"