Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
It's Sunday and I'm in the gym doing reps for Jesus.

He's my Mexican boytoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

canned from the band posted:

i really miss the photos thread

nothing stopping you from posting photos friend

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

I lifted a weight and then I put it on the ground again

now I will eat chicken with peanut sauce and hummus because I have literally no taste&culture

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Started 531 today (bench), boring but big style. I've been scared off by the volume in the past, but turns out it's not that bad. Did some inverted rows, close grip push ups and body drag curls on top. Feelin' good.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zzulu posted:

Don't bench press

I agree.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

im glad we can be friends but i'm going to need a new lifting nemesis. maybe sassassin? im pretty sure he started lifting the same time i did and he tried bossing me around about doing ohp and benching in the same week

When did I start lifting?

If you don't want advice you have to post a safe space banner first so everyone knows you're a sensitive baby. "Bossing you around" jesus get over yourself.

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
Off day today, woke up with a sore throat and runny nose. Supposed to lift tomorrow.
Do I?
1)Lift my program
2)Lift lighter/less reps than program
3)Skip the gym and stay home and watch netflix while eating everything

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Paper Diamonds posted:

3)Skip the gym and stay home and watch netflix while eating everything

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

bench is awesome, not as awesome as ohp but still awesome

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

failed my last set on the bench today w/o a spotter, and i think in the 15~ seconds i was struggling to not have the weight fall on me before someone noticed i hosed up my shoulder somehow :smithicide:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Tolkien minority posted:

failed my last set on the bench today w/o a spotter, and i think in the 15~ seconds i was struggling to not have the weight fall on me before someone noticed i hosed up my shoulder somehow :smithicide:

You shouldn't have been struggling for 15 seconds. On my phone but can somebody link that one roll of shame video that was posted a bunch in ylls a while back?

gently caress it, found it myself https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk

Holy balls pasting a link in this app is awful

Garrand fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 13, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Here's a video of pete rubish deadlifting a normal weight for him then getting murdered by bikini girl bodyweight lunges and stuff. Pretty entertaining in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3FDAn98Fs8&t=465s

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Garrand posted:

You shouldn't have been struggling for 15 seconds. On my phone but can somebody link that one roll of shame video that was posted a bunch in ylls a while back?

legit thanks, will make sure to do this next time. don't think its anything seriously bad but ohp sure as hell wasnt happenin today

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Garrand posted:

Don't loving use clips on your bench.

bone app the teeth fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 13, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Khorne posted:

Here's a video of pete rubish deadlifting a normal weight for him then getting murdered by bikini girl bodyweight lunges and stuff. Pretty entertaining in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3FDAn98Fs8&t=465s

To be fair if he did that all in succession of course it would kill him.

But still lol. He had a lot of weight on the vagina machine.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

To be fair if he did that all in succession of course it would kill him.

But still lol. He had a lot of weight on the vagina machine.
Yeah, he was supersetting and had never done it before. Anyone would get killed unless they run that workout all of the time.

That machine only goes to 130lbs at my gym. It is completely useless. I could hit 20+ reps on it untrained. It was the only machine I could get anywhere near max on for a long time.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 13, 2016

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

bone app the teeth posted:

I use them because if I dump them on one side the bars going into my pc desk or into my guitars so I'd rather get crushed to death

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I'm not vegan. I'm not even vegetarian. I eat chicken almost every day.

Also, I'll be anyone's nemesis if they want me to be. I've been lifting for like 9 years sooooooo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I have a lifting buddy. It's like a nemesis who will drink and smoke with you afterwards.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

You're talking bout drinking whole milk right

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I'm not vegan. I'm not even vegetarian. I eat chicken almost every day.

Also, I'll be anyone's nemesis if they want me to be. I've been lifting for like 9 years sooooooo

i'm going to catch up to you in bench press...one of these years...if i manage to stop drinking so much. and clean up my diet. and sleep better. and not get injured

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

bone app the teeth posted:

Weights moving around at all on a heavy lift can throw your form off though.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

milk is just liquid chicken + butter

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Fallows posted:

You're talking bout drinking whole milk right

I only drink whole milk on cuts.

The lactose really clears me out.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

i'm going to catch up to you in bench press...one of these years...if i manage to stop drinking so much. and clean up my diet. and sleep better. and not get injured

I stopped adding weight almost a year ago now. I had a goal of 300 then one day felt a muscle feel a little too much like it shouldn't, and I was like what the gently caress is even the point? So sets of 255 is where I stay. And actually I'll throw 155 on and do it 100 reps with as little resting as possible. That seems to make me more sore the next day than just a few sets of heavy weight.

That's my benching story thanks for reading god bless

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Metanaut posted:

Started 531 today (bench), boring but big style. I've been scared off by the volume in the past, but turns out it's not that bad. Did some inverted rows, close grip push ups and body drag curls on top. Feelin' good.

Wait until week three.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Got sick last night. Hoping a long night's sleep leaves me ready for the pool tomorrow.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i went to the gym

monday evenings suck poo poo

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I hosed my shoulder at work the other day so now I can't do any upper body exercises because it hurts like gently caress.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I hosed my shoulder at work the other day so now I can't do any upper body exercises because it hurts like gently caress.

i know you're my nemesis and all but i hope it gets better soon. it's always so discouraging to not be able to workout because of one. I think I'm going to get back to squatting next session. My back feels better. I was supposed to go to the gym today but I wound up sleeping until 4 pm. I needed the rest though, fatigue builds up pretty bad over my stupid rear end 11 day work week.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Thank you, friend.

It sucks. I can do squats but it hurts to even have my arm in the position to hold he bar. I can pretty much only run and do abs and kind of curls.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Get better soon, nemesis of Triple D

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
well I did jack poo poo today cos I hear you should rest occasionally, I'm old and have also been sleeping like poo poo.

could have easily ran 10ks and lifted a few tonne though

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

BoonyPC posted:

well I did jack poo poo today cos I hear you should rest occasionally, I'm old and have also been sleeping like poo poo.

could have easily ran 10ks and lifted a few tonne though

Same. Except for the running 10ks. I did some elliptical instead :shobon:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
im old (28), and i stopped working out regularly years ago. then I tried working out the other day and i had the worst lactic acid burning sensation in my arms that I have never felt before. the pain made me feel alive again.

thats my lifting story.

namaste

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Pon de Bundy posted:

im old (28),

Get off my drat lawn you whippersnapper.

...kids these days got no respect.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Thank you, friend.

It sucks. I can do squats but it hurts to even have my arm in the position to hold he bar. I can pretty much only run and do abs and kind of curls.

Leg presses. It's an opportunity to work on your leg game.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Thank you, friend.

How bout some squats using only your legs and bodyweight?
Do them on one leg, or hold barbells in front of you or something.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
im at the gym and some guy is quarter repping 185 push presses while wearing boots, too much cologne, and a belt. hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I like this gym I'm at today better than my usual gym. It's cleaner and there's a girl doing leg presses using a Smith machine and she is going to die doing this some day.