Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

dovetaile posted:

quote:

"Our CTO has great experience with internet security, having been a leader at a virtual currency trading company where security was mission critical."
Which one, do you think? My bet's on dogecoin.

Are there any *coin trading companies which weren't hacked to oblivion and/or scams from the start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Fauxtool posted:

because the tortilla pod idea wasnt stupid enough. DRM cookies
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1503077171/chip-smart-cookie-ovenfresh-cookies-in-under-10-mi?ref=repms8
you can use your own dough

My oh my, what an original name

I already have a device to bake cookies, it's actually multi-use and can be used to make bread, cake, pie, tarts, pizza, lasagna, baked potatoes, grilled cheese sandwiches, fried chicken, whole fish, and a shitload of other stuff.

I see the point that this is fast, doesn't need to be preheated and has the dough come in capsules like the godawful one cup coffee machines, but it's really rare that I get a craving for fresh baked cookies that's so intense that I don't have time to wait for them to be made. If that ever happens it'll take me about 10 minutes to drive to the nearest bakery and back.

Why does it have to be connected to the internet? Just to send me spam messages on my birthday? Couldn't they just have sent them from somewhere else and pretending to be from my cookie maker? My kitchen appliances don't get to use the internet, that's for humans only.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

dovetaile posted:

Which one, do you think? My bet's on dogecoin.

If we're lucky, Mtgox. :laugh:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My best guess is it has to be connected to the internet because cook times and temps aren't saved to the phone or the cookie maker.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
My favorite part of the cookie pod thing is that it appears to actually take longer to make cookies then doing it from one of those rolls of cookie dough that you just slice up. Especially if you wanted to make a lot of them.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

kjetting posted:

I already have a device to bake cookies, it's actually multi-use and can be used to make bread, cake, pie, tarts, pizza, lasagna, baked potatoes, grilled cheese sandwiches, fried chicken, whole fish, and a shitload of other stuff.

I see the point that this is fast, doesn't need to be preheated and has the dough come in capsules like the godawful one cup coffee machines, but it's really rare that I get a craving for fresh baked cookies that's so intense that I don't have time to wait for them to be made. If that ever happens it'll take me about 10 minutes to drive to the nearest bakery and back.

Why does it have to be connected to the internet? Just to send me spam messages on my birthday? Couldn't they just have sent them from somewhere else and pretending to be from my cookie maker? My kitchen appliances don't get to use the internet, that's for humans only.

Because INTERNET of THINGS *cookie machine becomes part of an internet destroying botnet*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You won't be laughing when this mini-oven calls murderdrones on you. Better pay now.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
Literally easy-bake ovens for emotionally stunted adults.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Is it possible the easy bake oven thing is for dorms? Are you even allowed to have this kind of thing in a dorm?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Internet Janitor posted:

Literally easy-bake ovens for emotionally stunted adults.

A somehow even more bougie Keurig.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

WrenP-Complete posted:

Is it possible the easy bake oven thing is for dorms? Are you even allowed to have this kind of thing in a dorm?

It looks like a convection oven in a fancy case with some fans, so almost certainly not.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

kjetting posted:

Why not just a toaster oven? It works great for small batches of cookies, and you can do other things with it too

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

The Glumslinger posted:

Why not just a toaster oven? It works great for small batches of cookies, and you can do other things with it too

Can you connect it to the internet? No? Well then.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

gschmidl posted:

Can you connect it to the internet? No? Well then.

Hey, your failure to connect anything and everything to the internet is on you, far as I'm concerned if you can't do it you're not trying hard enough. There's this colony of ants in my back yard I got posting on Twitter.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

The internet of things is the future, and you fuckin luddites should probably just get on board.

Sent from my Hitachi Magic Wand

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

lol if you don't buy my three dollar ramen pods.
a snack size portion of sodium noodles for those late nights coding chimney sweeps, or whatever you poor people do.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

WrenP-Complete posted:

Nah when dorms are restricting appliances it means you can only use like a hot plate and the mini microwave/fridge that comes with the room, if that.

There's dorms where it wouldn't be a problem, but you could use a regular appliance in there, and in fact it would probably come with them.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

"Use the Chromium browser to surf the web."

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

lol if you don't buy my three dollar ramen pods.
a snack size portion of sodium noodles for those late nights coding chimney sweeps, or whatever you poor people do.

Tried to find if there was an artisian ramen pod cooker and instead found a "food replicator".

http://genie.cooking/index.php

There's dozens of articles about how it's a Star Trek replicator or "3d prints" your food. The reality is that it's putting boiling water in a freeze dried package and stirring.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Carecat posted:

Tried to find if there was an artisian ramen pod cooker and instead found a "food replicator".

There's dozens of articles about how it's a Star Trek replicator or "3d prints" your food. The reality is that it's putting boiling water in a freeze dried package and stirring.

Why do they never show what the food looks like? Is it because it looks like literal poo poo?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Why do they never show what the food looks like? Is it because it looks like literal poo poo?
Probably something like this:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Worm infested rotten poo poo then

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

RabbitWizard posted:

Probably something like this:

Cinnicinati's "famous" food looking like a biohazard is less surprising than a Kickstarter failing to deliver.

Skyline's disgusting. Stop being the north's Florida, Ohio.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

It just makes me think of Trump.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Carecat posted:

It just makes me think of Trump.

Yeah, it does have that 'poo poo-smeared prolapsed anus with a bad wig' look to it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Carecat posted:

Instant ramen is already crazy future food that's printed from giant spools of carbohydrates, trying to replicate that at home is babytown frolics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F77FXBS-HCE

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Yeah, it does have that 'poo poo-smeared prolapsed anus with a bad wig' look to it.

you must be pretty out of touch with half of america. As a rural white male, that looks pretty delicious to me

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

far more than half if you're going by tonnage, really

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Skyline is amazing you heretics. Gold Star and Empress are good too.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'm kinda glad I'm not in touch with half of America right now (maybe that's the joke)

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

fishmech posted:

My favorite part of the cookie pod thing is that it appears to actually take longer to make cookies then doing it from one of those rolls of cookie dough that you just slice up. Especially if you wanted to make a lot of them.

Apparently would cost more too. Renegret pointed out to me that the dough is $5/4 cookies at the cheapest. $9/4 cookies for premium dough.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
AND $9 IF YOU WANT A PREMIUM COOKIE WHAT THE gently caress

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Personally if I want cookies I just compliment my mom a little bit and the cookies just kind of appear out of nowhere.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER

Renegret posted:

AND $9 IF YOU WANT A PREMIUM COOKIE WHAT THE gently caress

but its premium

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Premium artisinal locally-sourced rooftop made eco-conscious cookies from an outside artist chef

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
I'm calling it now. They're going to find a way to make a keurig for water and it's gonna be the dumbest goddamn thing anyone has ever seen.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Hello Meow posted:

I'm calling it now. They're going to find a way to make a keurig for water and it's gonna be the dumbest goddamn thing anyone has ever seen.

It'll just be a water cooler that's connected to the internet.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Hello Meow posted:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Brita filters are actually useful and not a colossal waste of money though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Guy Mann posted:

Instant ramen is already crazy future food that's printed from giant spools of carbohydrates, trying to replicate that at home is babytown frolics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F77FXBS-HCE

Um that's basically just an industrial-size, motor-powered version of a regular hand-crank pasta maker.