Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

logikv9 posted:

Massachusetts has good healthcare, legal weed, and it's not too far from where I already live. Looks like I have a preferred destination in four years!

but do you want to put yourself in closer proximity to boston accents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Oh Snapple! posted:

aw gently caress

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

or boston roads and drivers

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

logikv9 posted:

Massachusetts has good healthcare, legal weed, and it's not too far from where I already live. Looks like I have a preferred destination in four years!

what are the chances that the next DOJ+DEA is gonna start rounding up those state legal/federal illegal weed store owners and confiscating all the cash they are making

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Come to Boston, it rules and nobody actually has the accent

Drivers are awful though

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

"this is weapons-grade boston" remains one of my favorite posts about a speaker at the DNC

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

The Puppet Master posted:

what are the chances that the next DOJ+DEA is gonna start rounding up those state legal/federal illegal weed store owners and confiscating all the cash they are making

Not 0% but luckily I won't be making moving decisions anytime soon! Sounds like a lovely way for Donny to push his LAW AND ORDER :doink: plan.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

loquacius posted:

Come to Boston, it rules and

ok

quote:

nobody actually has the accent

oh nm

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

logikv9 posted:

I'm excited to defend are freedoms here. It's a good state.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

logikv9 posted:

Not 0% but luckily I won't be making moving decisions anytime soon! Sounds like a lovely way for Donny to push his LAW AND ORDER :doink: plan.

true; it would be easy to run up the arrest/conviction scores by going after THE DRUG PEDDLERS WHO ARE OPERATING OUT IN THE OPEN

my only response to my parents regarding the election was: I think you should invest in Private Prison companies

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
There's a lot of liberals here but people generally want to do good and will not be happy about trump. Both the Republican mayor of Boston and my Democratic mayor are already pledging to protect undocumented immigrants and LGBT+ youth.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Does anyone know how the 19th District in NY voted? Wondering if Clinton's failure influenced Teachout's loss

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Fiction posted:

There's a lot of liberals here but people generally want to do good and will not be happy about trump. Both the Republican mayor of Boston and my Democratic mayor are already pledging to protect undocumented immigrants and LGBT+ youth.

hasn't trump said that they will stop federal funding to 'sanctuary cities' as a way of twisting the arm of local enforcement to be more proactive w/r/t finding undocumented persons

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The Puppet Master posted:

hasn't trump said that they will stop federal funding to 'sanctuary cities' as a way of twisting the arm of local enforcement to be more proactive w/r/t finding undocumented persons

I want to see his dumbass try.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lawman 0 posted:

I want to see his dumbass try.

-Democrats, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

logikv9 posted:

Can't wait for Ellison to be arrested for being Muslim

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Condiv posted:

:agreed:

Plus, some of us have an attachment to where we live and would like to see it become something greater instead of abandoning them to ruin. It really pisses me off when I see dems saying "jobs just aren't coming back" like it's a tautology and expecting me to accept the hollowing out of places where our families have lived for a long time.

Yeah. It may sound strange to the "gently caress the flyover states" crowd, but I actually like where I live and I don't want to see it become a lifeless, desolate hellhole. Nor does it "deserve" to become one, despite what well-off elitist coastal assholes will tell you.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot
So when we talk about Hillary voters in the general election class,

You are talking about minorities. We voted for Hillary.

You are talking about women. We voted for Hillary.

However,

Young white men with college degrees and in larger numbers white men without college degrees in large part voted for Trump.

Millenials had lower turnout (stayed home)

Left leaning independents voted third way or sat out.

So say it with me class, white men of all stripes voted for Trump, and those of them that did not agree with Trump but wanted to remain ideologically pure let him become president.

Millenials who at least have youth and naïveté to excuse them also sat home and let a racist clown become president.

Millennials and left leaning independents were what made up Bernie's voter base.

The party was split, and frustration led the Bernie supporter to stay home.

So stop blaming Hillary supporters.

That is tantamount to deliberately knocking over a glass and then lashing out at the concept of the glass existing.

When action was required, so called activists preferred to make an ideological point instead. That is fine by the way.

Just stop stringing up the only people who bothered to do something to fix the problem.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

hillary_clinton_was_an_awful_candidate.xls

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Princess Di posted:

However,

Young white men with college degrees and in larger numbers white men without college degrees in large part voted for Trump.

So say it with me class, white men of all stripes voted for Trump, and those of them that did not agree with Trump but wanted to remain ideologically pure let him become president.

Millenials who at least have youth and naïveté on their side also sat home and let a racist clown become president.

Millennials and left leaning independents were what made up Bernie's voter base.

That is tantamount to deliberately knocking over glass and then lashing out at the concept of the glass.

When action was required, so called activists preferred to make an ideological point instead. That is fine by the way.

Just stop stringing up the only people who bothered to do something to fix the problem.

your own drat charts show that she got 1 friggen more point with women than obama and her minority vote share dropped 7-8% from obama

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Princess Di posted:

However,

Millenials who at least have youth and naïveté on their side also sat home and let a racist clown become president.

That is tantamount to deliberately knocking over glass and then lashing out at the concept of the glass.

source your quotes

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

6 point decline in the youth vote? i bet that had nothing to do with her fuckall college plan

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Princess Di posted:

However,

nice meltdown

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Princess Di posted:

However,

Millenials who at least have youth and naïveté to excuse them also sat home and let a racist clown become president.

That is tantamount to deliberately knocking over a glass and then lashing out at the concept of the glass.

i don't blame hillary supporters i blame their extremely poorly run campaign

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

logikv9 posted:

Ehhh... I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do anything and keeps the status quo as it is. The results in CO, WA, and the legal-in-all-but-name system of CA has really killed the boner anyone on the right has for going after pot smokers. Plus if they do it's a nice way for dems to bludgeoned him with "Why are you trying to invalidate legal programs implemented by voters Donald? Why aren't we working on fixing the economy and the very real opiod epidemic?"

I'm sure there's a few career drug warriors at the DEA or whatever that want to do it, so I think that's the main risk.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Princess Di posted:

However,

That is tantamount to deliberately knocking over a glass and then lashing out at the concept of the glass.

:corncob:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

loquacius posted:

nobody actually has the accent

I know Southie has gentrified to an alarming degree, but this just isn't true.

quote:

Drivers are awful though

This is entirely correct.

Housing costs for anything near Boston metro are insane and getting worse. I just moved from Melrose to the Philly suburbs and we're paying less than half as much rent for a comparable place.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

bump_fn posted:

i don't blame hillary supporters i blame their extremely poorly run campaign

On that we can 100 percent agree.

I'm shocked and heartbroken by the poo poo show this campaign actually was.

I really did expect better.

Also it's clear that the progressive route was the only way to go this year. The only way to go.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Princess Di posted:

how does it feel for white women to turn out so overwhelmingly against hillary? I am sure that is incredibly inconvenient for your imagined narrative here

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Princess Di posted:

However,

That is tantamount to deliberately knocking over a glass and then lashing out at the concept of the glass existing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nobody fuckin voted for Hillary lol

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

comedyblissoption posted:

how does it feel for white women to turn out so overwhelmingly against hillary? I am sure that is incredibly inconvenient for your imagined narrative here

Blaming white men for societal ills is what gets people motivated to vote for Mom

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Princess Di posted:

However,

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

BUSH 2112 posted:

if you don't think zionists should be allowed to commit war crimes YOU ARE UNAMERICAN, SIR

i think the, "what are you gonna do, vote trump?" argument only really works on the jewish bloc. so that's a plus.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I know Southie has gentrified to an alarming degree, but this just isn't true.

This is entirely correct.

Housing costs for anything near Boston metro are insane and getting worse. I just moved from Melrose to the Philly suburbs and we're paying less than half as much rent for a comparable place.

Christ I've been trying to years to move out but I can't afford the prices here in the Philly subs

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Democrats should also make a list of sources of news and neoliberal bootlicking hacks in aforementioned media (Maher, Maddow, Blitzer, et al.) and promote a culture of boycotting them. Their liberal ineffectual and uncritical approach helped to create this.

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

The hives were the kernels in the cobbing process.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

I love the end of that last paragraph. It encapsulates everything that was and is wrong with politics right now.

"It was supposed to be her job. She worked her entire life for the job. It's her job"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hillary was bad, the left is mad, everyone wants the Democratic establishment sad

• Locked thread