Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

axeil posted:

what about the eli-ailures?

Elishailures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Please for the love of god...Lurie and Roseman need to find some way to get Jackson back this offseason.

Also a shutdown CB

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
a 31-year-old desean jackson is definitely what the eagles need

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Have you seen our WRs?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
of all the players i expect to age gracefully, desean jackson is not one of them

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I gotta say I'm pretty happy with Smallwood. That dude has done alright this season.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

I gotta say I'm pretty happy with Smallwood. That dude has done alright this season.

Minus a costly fumble

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Having the entire division being above average to really good kinda owns.

That said, let us unite and cheer for the Bengals tonight.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah, I like the way he runs. He's like one cut and go. He looks like a cannon ball through the interior line.

I actually like Barner too. I think they can be a nice combo, with Smallwood more of the interior back and Barner the guy that can get outside and turn the corner.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Minus a costly fumble

Yeah but mistakes happen. If it's an epidemic of fumbles then he's got a problem.

NattyBo posted:

Agreed.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

NattyBo posted:

gently caress the Giants

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Skins still aren't getting it done in the redzone. They're 4th in the league in total yards and 3rd in the league in passing but only 16th in points per game. They don't have a big bodied end zone threat but they need to figure something out.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Cash Monet posted:

Skins still aren't getting it done in the redzone. They're 4th in the league in total yards and 3rd in the league in passing but only 16th in points per game. They don't have a big bodied end zone threat but they need to figure something out.

What is Jordan Reed?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Cash Monet posted:

Really sucks that Doctson is on IR. He is that big body that can get jump balls. Teams are def keying on Jordan Reed

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 14, 2016

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

NattyBo posted:

I actively root for a meteor to hit the stadium whenever the rest of the NFC East plays but then am pleasantly happy after they add another win to this glorious division

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

What is Jordan Reed?

He's a hybrid ;6'3", ~245 lbs, athletic and is a mismatch on linebackers and can muscle out DBs. Its nice to have a guy a few inches taller with a longer wingspan so you can try and throw over defenders. Even without that they should have enough at receiver to get guys open in end zone. I don't know if its more on Cousins or the play calling but it looks like its this team's achilles heel and it's going to cost them.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I suspect that Ezekiel Elliot is a bitch.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

i bet Golden Tate would whoop his rear end.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

also, Kirks new catchphrase is good

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

a new study bible! posted:

I suspect that Ezekiel Elliot is a bitch.

He looks like a chubby Mychal Kendricks.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The top three teams in the NFL in point differential are two teams from the NFC East and the Patriots.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The wildcard race this year is just going to be NFCE #2&3.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Which is really scary because gently caress playing a division rival in the playoffs

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

The wildcard race this year is just going to be NFCE #2&3.

Well, the lesser of the Cardinals/Seahawks might have an outside play, especially if the NFC East does its thing where everyone ends up 4-2/3-3 in the division.

Plus the Eagles still have @SEA, GB, @CIN and @BAL to knock them out of the "above .500" club.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

blue squares posted:

Which is really scary because gently caress playing a division rival in the playoffs

Nah, beating the Eagles in the Playoffs is the best.

Especially after shutting them out in the last game of the season.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

Plus the Eagles still have @SEA, GB, @CIN and @BAL to knock them out of the "above .500" club.

That 4 game stretch looked a lot more daunting a few weeks ago

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Playing an NFCE team in the playoffs would be cool but also bad because I'd die of acute alcohol poisoning afterwards either way.

Getting ahead of ourselves,tho. For Washington I'd say the most important games left on the schedule are @Arizona @Philly and home vs NYG in week 17 in terms of playoff implications.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

a new study bible! posted:

That 4 game stretch looked a lot more daunting a few weeks ago

Green Bay, Cincy, and Baltimore all look way worse now, but @Seattle remains the toughest game in the NFL.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Nodoze posted:

gently caress the Giants

And gently caress the Cowboys and gently caress the Skins.

Cheering for the division, you guys crazy? These teams are each others' rivals. Yeah, sure, cheer for the other NFC East team if you don't want your NFC East team to make the playoffs.

This ain't the SEC. This is war.

:)

89 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 14, 2016

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Nah, I subscribe to the "my division" mantra.

I always really REALLY want to beat the other teams badly, but I like it when the East is beating up on everyone else

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
my favorite nfc east playoff game was 2007, when the cowboys held the giants to 230 total yards and lost

patrick crayton, forever in my heart

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

corn on the cop posted:

my favorite nfc east playoff game was 2007, when the cowboys held the giants to 230 total yards and lost

patrick crayton, forever in my heart

Cowboys had an amazing almost 15 minute drive that started at the end of the first quarter and carried all the way through the two minute warning. Giants scored in under a minute.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Mr. Nice! posted:

Cowboys had an amazing almost 15 minute drive that started at the end of the first quarter and carried all the way through the two minute warning. Giants scored in under a minute.

out of every giant game ive watched over the years, it was the one game i couldn't believe they pulled out. literally every break went the giants way.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

CowboyKid posted:

Great now I'm all triggered again.

e: and it was only a rumor I guess but looks like the Eagles dodged a bullet http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18048760/alshon-jeffery-chicago-bears-suspended-four-games-peds

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Green Bay, Cincy, and Baltimore all look way worse now, but @Seattle remains the toughest game in the NFL.

Beating the Hawks is hard enough on it's own, but beating the Hawks and the Zebras is impossible.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

CowboyKid posted:

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Chichevache posted:

Beating the Hawks is hard enough on it's own, but beating the Hawks and the Zebras is impossible.

gently caress the refs

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Last time the Eagles played the Seahawks we had less than 150yds total offense...

Mark Sanchez can gently caress right off

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm sure glad we didn't trade for Alshon Jeffery!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Hey, means we can afford BOTH Alshon and DeSean in free agency :f5:

Reminder: They'd be replacing Green-Beckham and Agholor. Sounds good to me.

• Locked thread