Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Fathis Munk posted:

I for one like the interpretation that people chanting "build the wall" might just be masonry enthusiasts.

Considering the implication, I would have to assume the masonry enthusiasts went to this school:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Ularg posted:

Considering the implication, I would have to assume the masonry enthusiasts went to this school:

:psyduck: Did they put the letters up in reverse order, and ran out of space?

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
They probably started in what they thought was the middle (so the building name would be centred) and realized too late that it wasn't, in fact, the middle.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Picnic Princess posted:

Who gets angry enough to take the effort choose the stupid emoji?

One of my small pleasures is responding to people's facebook posts with inappropriate emojis :shobon:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

cyberia posted:

One of my small pleasures is responding to people's facebook posts with inappropriate emojis :a2m:

same

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

cyberia posted:

One of my small pleasures is responding to people's facebook posts with inappropriate emojis :shobon:

According to one of the worst posters in PYF, this makes you stupid.

Most of us don't care.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Why are you talking of yourself in the third person ?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

FAROOQ posted:

According to one of the worst posters in PYF, this makes you stupid.

china bot has a new favorite as of 22:31 on Nov 14, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Ularg posted:

Any chance that could be a photoshop?

I mean whoever was contract to put up that sign. Would not be getting paid until it was placed properly.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Goa Tse-tung posted:

...millenium hand and small pastry!

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Actually better than most

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

bean_shadow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rSDUsMwakI

On John Oliver's show last night part of the blame of a Trump election was put on the fake news sites / clickbait people constantly share on Facebook. Apparently 44% of people get their news solely on Facebook, or from their echo chamber (both liberals and conservatives, although the conservatives are worse about it). Unfortunately there isn't a clip of just that segment yet, just the whole episode. Relevant part starts around 10:09.

"According to this youtube I found of a comedian, people (mostly the people I dislike) are so stupid that they get their information from inappropriate sources."

(Like, gently caress Trump and John Oliver is amusing in small doses, but your chops are kinda asking to be busted on this one.)

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

FAROOQ posted:

Actually better than most

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Breetai posted:

"According to this youtube I found of a comedian, people (mostly the people I dislike) are so stupid that they get their information from inappropriate sources."

(Like, gently caress Trump and John Oliver is amusing in small doses, but your chops are kinda asking to be busted on this one.)

John Oliver actually does his due diligence though, and so is not an inappropriate news source.

Edit:

Also it's HBO, not YouTube. YouTube is just the host of that particular clip. You are very bad at busting chops.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

John Oliver actually does his due diligence though, and so is not an inappropriate news source.

Edit:

Also it's HBO, not YouTube. YouTube is just the host of that particular clip. You are very bad at busting chops.

Oliver himself has been alarmed at how much actual journalism goes in to his comedy show.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Magnusth posted:

Attraction is partially influenced by pheremones, seemingly as an evolutionary trait to select sexual partners with compatible genetics. Seeing as children share their parents genes, and we know the parents of step-siblings are attracted to each other, well, it seems like there's some genetic predisposition.

You might find this interesting as well(The reason we pretty much never find out siblings attractive):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Intoluene posted:

Oliver himself has been alarmed at how much actual journalism goes in to his comedy show.

As opposed to what exactly?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Field Mousepad posted:

Comedy, presumably.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Field Mousepad posted:

I believe the concern is that satirical news mockery shows are doing more thorough research than traditional news outlets.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Picnic Princess posted:

Who gets angry enough to take the effort choose the stupid emoji?

I don't understand any part of this. Is the yellow rectangle supposed to mean something? And what's so difficult about clicking a different reaction on Facebook?

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009
The yellow rectangle is the National Geographic logo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tiggum posted:

Is the yellow rectangle supposed to mean something?

I will fight you in real life!

Dogfish posted:

The yellow rectangle is the National Geographic logo.

Also, this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait a second, it's not just a rectangle!

My god.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
A buddy of mine liked a post on Facebook, so of course it shows up on my news feed (I really hate that feature of Facebook now but whatever)

Anyway, as someone who has 2 bikes stolen I was curious to see what the comments were like (which is probably not the smartest thing to do. This is the very first one:

The rest of the comments go into why women can't ride bikes and some other idiocy.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Idiots on Social Media : This story seems made uo

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I believe the concern is that satirical news mockery shows are doing more thorough research than traditional news outlets.

Dingdingding

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Isn't that always been the case that shows like Last Week Tonight and The Daily Show end up being a better news source than the news stations? John Oliver just takes it up a level.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Zephyrine posted:

Any chance that could be a photoshop?

I mean whoever was contract to put up that sign. Would not be getting paid until it was placed properly.

I know how absurdly unreliable this source is, but I saw this on one of those '17 Sign Fails' articles that mentioned it, and in the comments a couple people said they went to the school and it's actually intentional. That's the back entrance to the building and it was done as a joke.

Like I said, terrible source in many ways, but I'm tempted to believe them just because it makes the most sense to me (like you said, why wouldn't they just tell the installers to redo it?).

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Totally misread that, also I've been drinking!

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Friend of mine posted about a scary situation where she witnessed a dude screaming pro-Trump, anti-woman stuff at a young couple on public transit and this person happened:

I guess all crime that is directly motivated by Trump (and plainly shouted so in the face of the people they are screaming at) is totally discounted by the fact that OTHER motivations for crime have existed before this point!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

BobbyK posted:

On imgur, blocking freeways is such a heinous, unforgivable crime that nothing really compares to it.

So mad, in fact, that time and time again people keep reuploading gifs and such from other protests where cars will run over large numbers of black people and go "LOL KILL THOSE BLM" even though half the clips aren't even from America. Then people will inevitably go "this isn't racist, they shouldn't block a freeway!" while the rest of the comments cheer on the death of anyone darker than a loving ghost.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/797740133478973440

Either IOSM or someone who fell through an interdimensional portal from a world where 2016 isn't a year where people keep voting for the bad thing.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Nuebot posted:

So mad, in fact, that time and time again people keep reuploading gifs and such from other protests where cars will run over large numbers of black people and go "LOL KILL THOSE BLM" even though half the clips aren't even from America. Then people will inevitably go "this isn't racist, they shouldn't block a freeway!" while the rest of the comments cheer on the death of anyone darker than a loving ghost.

Look, fuckhead, I don't know exactly what's hard to understand about this?

You keep me from getting home from work for like 20 more minutes? I'm well within my rights to murder you and all those around you. Relatively small inconveniences are on the same scale as personal assault and kidnapping, Jesus.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

BobbyK posted:

On imgur, blocking freeways is such a heinous, unforgivable crime that nothing really compares to it.

Oh hey

http://imgur.com/gallery/REsB2

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011
That "two genders" thing isn't even a good joke. Why are people on imgur so goddamn unfunny? You'd think spending your every waking moment surrounded by comedy would rub off on you, but apparently nobody there can make a joke that isn't based off of blackpeopletwitter or chrisfarleylookingconfused.gif

sex shop clearance rack has a new favorite as of 14:41 on Nov 15, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Oh wow those comments. How can anyone defend the driver passing a crowd at such high speed? Even if he didn't hit her on purpose it was still severely reckless on his part.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

sex shop clearance rack posted:

That "two genders" thing isn't even a good joke. Why are people on imgur so goddamn unfunny? You'd think spending your every waking moment surrounded by comedy would rub off on you, but apparently nobody there can make a joke that isn't based off of blackpeopletwitter or chrisfarleylookingconfused.gif

Yeah all their burns are hilariously unfunny.

Also this video and all the comments are pretty bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiZH5eH5eDw

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Imgur is the loving worst.

http://imgur.com/gallery/pRwnJ

Hmm, I wonder how many comments I'll read before someone calls her a oval office?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah all their burns are hilariously unfunny.

Also this video and all the comments are pretty bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiZH5eH5eDw

"I thought we had a good marriage!"
*follows wife with a drone whenever she leaves the house*