Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Trevor Hale posted:

Jumping in late, but I am surprised no one else came to the conclusion that the dad hit the kid, refused Togo to the hospital, tried to cover it up, and when the mom took the kid alone to the hospital, found out, and came home to immediately divorce the father.

I actually believe the story as told, because if my partner tried to do my job (stupid poo poo at a food factory) on my son, i'd also be insanely pissed off to the point of divorce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

quote:

A teacher/family friend told my [14M] class that my brother is in Juvie and my other brother and dad [20M] & [50'SM] is in prison
I come from a family of convicted criminals. I'm perhaps the only one to have not done something stupid. My father is in jail for probably life and my two brothers commited a crime in a short time frame of each other. I don't know where my mom is, she left shortly after I was born. Old enough to not need breast milk.
So I was displaced at a very young age. All I know if my original family is locked up. Ironically I'm living with 2 lawyers now. They have a teacher at my school who is a family friend. He blurted out to the class that pretty much my entire family is locked up. when we were talking about jail.
I don't want to go back to school
tl;dr: don't want to go back to school.

Poor kid, hope that teacher gets owned by the school board.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I don't know what it's like in the states, but do that in the UK and it'll be a sacking

What a oval office of a teacher

Big Black Brony
Jul 11, 2008

Congratulations on Graduation Shnookums.
Love, Mom & Dad
OP's new thread posted:
Do you think it would be a bad idea for a straight man to download Grindr for friends?

loving lol, this guy has some issues. You will find friends but they are not the friends you seek.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Big Black Brony posted:

OP's new thread posted:
Do you think it would be a bad idea for a straight man to download Grindr for friends?

loving lol, this guy has some issues. You will find friends but they are not the friends you seek.

He should PM me so we could become butt friends.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Odd posted:

I actually believe the story as told, because if my partner tried to do my job (stupid poo poo at a food factory) on my son, i'd also be insanely pissed off to the point of divorce
???

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
US Sexual Education in full display!

My [21] gf and I [26] can't do anything sexual even with spermicide, condoms and birth control all at the same time, even oral.

quote:

So my girlfriend and I have been seeing each other for about 5 months now and this is an issue that's been fairly regular. She used to stock up pregnancy tests which I thought nothing of. Apparently when we first started fooling around she was buying plan b (even when we were using condoms and birth control) and she was buying it after every time anything would happen even oral or if I touched her)
After she got more comfortable she told me about her fears and anxiety about it and that she would like if we used spermicide as well and of course I agreed.
Now at this point she won't even touch me because she's afraid she will get precum on her even though we're using spermicide and birth control even though we aren't having sex and I'm beginning to have a really hard time with it because she refuses to seek any help for her anxiety and just shuts down.
I really feel like things with this girl would be perfect if we could work through this but I firmly believe that sexual health is important when it comes to a long lasting relationship. At no point have I tried to force sexual advances on her at all so that isn't an issue I'm just at a loss with what we can do to seek help for this as it seems we are out of options
TL;DR girlfriend and I can't do anything sexual even with all three forms of birth control every time even during oral

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lockback posted:

My [21] gf and I [26] can't do anything sexual even with spermicide, condoms and birth control all at the same time, even oral.

Someone please tell these kids to read a book or something.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lockback posted:

the funny part is that if you showed an abstinence-only advocate this post they would nod and say it is working as intended

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Shame Wagon posted:

Old man skin is gross because they grew up before it was acceptable for men to moisturize. Always be moisturizing.

Wisdom.

I'm glad the new generation of millenial men aren't afraid to use beauty products. It makes my latent homoerotic feelings easier to explain.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jack Trades posted:

Someone please tell these kids to read a book or something.

To me it doesn't sound like a lack of sex education necessarily. More like a crippling anxious condition focused on the fear of having another creature (babby) grow inside you, or (very much perhaps) a history of sexual abuse. Much more likely the former imo.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Trevor Hale posted:

Jumping in late, but I am surprised no one else came to the conclusion that the dad hit the kid, refused Togo to the hospital, tried to cover it up, and when the mom took the kid alone to the hospital, found out, and came home to immediately divorce the father.

Ohhhhhhhhh yeah, now i see it, I bet its this

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

to be fair, being pregnant when you don't want to be is terrifying

e: on the other hand, trust your birth control and make sure you're using it correctly, and keep plan b on hand or something :shrug:

snoo fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 14, 2016

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Poor kid, hope that teacher gets owned by the school board.

Wow, gently caress that teacher

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Play posted:

To me it doesn't sound like a lack of sex education necessarily. More like a crippling anxious condition focused on the fear of having another creature (babby) grow inside you, or (very much perhaps) a history of sexual abuse. Much more likely the former imo.

Given that she's picking up contraceptives inappropriately it sounds like it's just anxiety rooted in not wanting to get pregnant and not knowing how sex/baby-making works and being misinformed/ill-educated about contraceptives use cases and usage.

Education seems like the answer, here. My girlfriend has been on the pill since before she was sexually active for health issues, and despite being on the pill she was terrified of getting pregnant, in part because she knows you can still get pregnant on the pill, but the main thing was that she didn't know how effective the various forms of contraceptives actually were. What got her to not be so anxious about sex as a vehicle towards an unwanted pregnancy was to literally just sit down with her and read through information about contraceptive effectiveness, making sure she knows what her long and short term options are, and making sure she knows what kind of safety window she has for taking a pill late.

What she needs is one of those Sex Ed leaflets that goes into all the little details so she knows that she doesn't need to baste herself with spermicide before she holds hands with her boyfriend.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

My [29m] girlfriend [27f] of 3 years gets easily frustrated with decision making and everyday tasks. It makes me feel unable to turn to her for help with anything.

This one is heartbreaking and confusing because I'm in the exact situation and I also don't know what to do.

The best lesson is that the most attractive thing in another person is being able to depend on them.

I have two sisters who are exactly this same way. I always thought it was just because they were lazy and fat and have never had to do anything for themselves, but maybe they have mental problems too.

Like, most of the stuff he talks about is simple to figure out because people want you to be able to do it no matter how useless you are. The utility company makes it really easy to pay your electric bill because they want you to pay your loving electric bill.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I [22F] hit my boyfriend [23M] for physically restraining me against my will. Am I wrong?

quote:

Together 3 years. Living together 2. I want to keep this short as possible so I’ll skip the whole story of our lives and just get to the problem. The backstory might be a little long-winded, so if you want to skip it, go down to “The Situation.” I do believe it gives some sort of context though.

Backstory
These past 2 weeks, I haven’t been getting any sleep because my boyfriend would get up in the middle of the night (3, 4, 5am) to play League of Legends (a computer game.) I would wake up, the lights would be on, he’d be sitting at his desk, headset on, and he’d be literally hollering and hooting and yelling with his teammates. Frantically clicking his mouse. Smashing the keyboard. It’s a small bedroom. His computer is across the bed. The yelling. I can’t stand it.

So for the past couple weeks, I’ve been asking him to stop. To please get into bed. What are you doing up? What time is it? We have work tomorrow. I want to sleep. And every time, he would say he’d stop and that he understood. I’ve told him so many times that I hate it. I hate having my sleep interrupted and I hate having to wake his sleepy rear end in the morning to get to work because he didn’t get a full night’s sleep. I hate waking up to the sound of him clicking his mouse. I hate waking up to him yelling with his friends. I hate the fact that he’s being inconsiderate towards me. I hate the fact the he promises to stop, and then does it again. Past few times, I’ve screamed at him from bed as soon as I wake up. “GET INTO BED!!!” “STOP YELLING!!@#”

Friday night. I wake up at some godforsaken hour and he’s done it again. I’ve had it. “SHUT THE gently caress UP!!!!!!!!!!!@” I hear him apologize to his friends who heard me and I go back to sleep. I wake up Saturday morning feeling awful. I can’t lift my head up. I can’t lift my arms. I feel so weak I can’t move the blanket off of me. I just felt like every limb was tied down by bags of sand and I felt so awful and helpless I just cry in bed. Normally, my boyfriend would jump up and take care of me, but he’s too sleepy to register what’s going on for a while. Takes a while for him to help me up.

Anyway, Sunday. We go to sleep around 11:30pm. I wake up at almost 5am to whispers. One of the lights are on. He’s not speaking loudly this time. He’s whispering to whoever he’s playing with. As I’m slowly blinking away the last few moments of rest, it hits me that he thought he could get out of bed and if he whispered, if he was quiet enough, maybe I wouldn’t wake up and he could get away with playing. After weeks of pleading, asking nicely, promises, screaming, and fighting, he thought he could be sneaky. “What I don’t know won’t hurt me” type poo poo. I forgot if I screamed out of frustration. I think I did. Like a roar. I stomp out the bedroom, slam the door, and I make myself a bed on the couch. There’s (clean) laundry on the couch. I push all of our underwear and towels to one corner and make a pillow for my head and I grab a couple sweaters to use as blankets. As I close my eyes, I realize that he hasn’t so much as turned around to look at me. He wasn’t coming out to apologize. I could still hear him furiously clicking away at his computer.

I’m about to sleep on the sofa because he woke me up. Again. A sweater for a blanket. Underwear for a pillow. And he can’t stop playing for one second to come out and apologize? He can’t turn it off?

I come back into the room, stand behind and stare. He turns around and looks at me. Few seconds of silence goes by and he sheepishly says, “I’m sorry.” I just stare. He tells me he’ll turn it off now. He turns off his computer and I go back to the sofa. He follows me, says to go back into the room, that he deserves to sleep outside, he cares about me. I ask him, “If you cared about me, how come you never came outside to say sorry?” Dead silence. Then, “I just had to finish up something.” I end up going back into the bedroom and he falls asleep on the couch.

The Situation
I can’t fall back asleep. I woke up at 5am and my phone read 1:30pm. I’ve been up 8 ½ hours seething. Thinking to myself I don’t deserve someone who would be so blatantly inconsiderate towards my feelings and would so blatantly show me that he doesn’t care about me. He was “too busy” to follow me to the living room? Just had to finish up something in the game real quick. I was pissed. So I needed to smoke. I got dressed, grabbed my cigarettes, and I guess he heard me putting my shoes on because he wakes up.

As I’m unlocking the door, he puts his hand on it and asks, “Where are you going?” I ask him to move. He repeats himself and I ask him to move again. I don’t owe him a response. I don’t want to tell him. If you’re going to show me that a computer game is more important than me, that you were “too busy” playing your stupid game to come out and apologize to me, then I don’t want to tell you where I’m going. I’m only planning on going downstairs, but the principle, y’know? I don’t need to tell anyone where I’m going, especially if you’ve proven to me that I’m the last rung on your ladder of priorities. This goes on like 5-6 times and I start pulling on the door handle, he doesn’t budge. He’s bigger than me. He’s a lot stronger than me. And he’s preventing me from leaving my house. I start yelling at him to “Let me out!” and he’s just stone faced. “Just tell me where you’re going and I’ll let you out.” This goes on forever. I don’t remember if this is where the violence starts. But I finally tell him I’m going downstairs to smoke and he says you should have told me earlier. I go downstairs, smoke, call my mom, and I ask if I can pack my things and stay with her. She says yes and I go back upstairs.

When I get back, I grab my duffle bag in the corner and as soon as he sees me reach for it, he grabs me by the wrist and says, “We need to talk.” I fling him off me and I go to the bedroom and I start packing my face things. He keeps repeating himself, “Just talk to me. We need to talk. We need to talk.” The bedroom is small, but we divided it into two spaces (the bed space and the computer space) with one of those Ikea Kallax modular things. He’s standing in between the space between the Kallax and the wall, the little 12” “hallway.” He’s blocking me from leaving the computer space of our room. I ask him to move. He says just talk to me. You can sort of see the pattern. I try to get underneath his arm. I try to push him aside. He doesn’t budge. This goes on 6-7 times, and I start freaking out. I hate it when he does this. I feel trapped. I start to scream. I hit him on the chest. I scream at him to move. He won’t budge. I start crying/screaming. I turn around and I’m going to call 911 and he takes my phone away. I scream like a loving banshee to give my phone back. “Giveitback! GIve it back! Give it back!!!!” And he does that thing where he has it behind his back and he switches hands so I can’t reach it. I hit him in the chest. I try to hit him in the balls. I try to push him with everything I have. I scream for help.

So I turn around and I’m desperate enough to want to climb out of my fire escape. I pull the curtain aside and before I can lift up the window, he locks it and screams at me “What are you going to do!?! Climb down the fire escape??!!” And I scream back, “YES, IF IT MEANS I CAN GET AWAY FROM YOU!!!”

And get my phone from him and I get into the other space of our bedroom. I’m about to open the door and he blocks it. His body is leaning on the door and I can’t get him to move out of the way. Does anyone else know how I felt? Trapped? I was trapped in my own house against my will and there was nothing I could do about it because he was bigger and stronger than me. I’m beating on his chest. I’m beyond the point of sanity. I’m crying hysterically. He takes my phone again. This time, saying that “it’s mine.” He bought it for me for my birthday. And he’s saying that he’s not going to give it back to me because really, it’s his. It makes me so angry. Because I bought him so many presents. Over the past three years, I’ve bought so many clothes and little gifts for him. The fact that he took away the one things that I could use to call for help aside, I was seeing red because so many things in that apartment were gifts from me to him. I’m not proud, but I scream at him, “If that’s what you want to do, okay!” I was going to break his headphones. I lunge for his desk and he grabs me around the waist.

This part is a blur, but I manage to break free and get my phone. I call my mom through hysterics. I ask her if it was okay for me to hit him if he physically restrained me and had me trapped in my house. I hoped she had my back. She chuckled and she said, “Noooooo, you’re wrong lol. You can’t do that. You coming home soon?” I throw my phone and it bounces off the floor. My mom couldn’t help me. My mind snaps. I go full blown destructive. I shove everything inside the Kallax box inserts out. Glass, makeup, whatever that was in the slots. I’m screaming and sobbing hysterically.

He picks me up, throws me on the bed, holds me down with his hand on my chest, and for the first time, raises his voice: “STOOOOOOPPPPPPPP!!!!!! STOP DOING THIS!!! YOU’RE GOING TO HURT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!”

He had me pinned down. And I just cry and cry and cry. Can anyone empathize with how I felt? I was TRAPPED. I wanted nothing more in the world than to get out of there. And I was being held against my will in my own home like an animal. No way out. No one to call for help. No window. No door. Too loving weak and small to fight back. I felt like I was going to explode from under my skin. I needed to get out. It became this violent, primal, compulsive need. Just screaming and crying at him to “LET ME OUT!LETMEOUTlET ME OUT!!LET ME OUTT!!!!!!!!” I hear him talking to my mom. She’s talking to him. He’s saying, “Yeah, I’m letting her leave. She’s throwing stuff.” I remember thinking it’s so unfair. I look like the crazy one. It’s not fair.

I try to get my box of razors from the medicine box. I haven’t cut in years. It’s so stupid, but it made sense. I needed to get out. He swats my hands away.

“She’s trying to get razors or something.” [I try to hit him in the balls again. Succeed this time.] “She just hit me in the balls.”

The violence ends somewhere here, but eventually I leave. My mom still doesn’t think I was right. She doesn’t condone violence. She says that we were both out of line, but that I’m still not right for hitting him. My boyfriend can’t see himself the way I see him. He thinks by holding me down, by preventing me from leaving, that I’d calm down and that it’d prevent me from harming myself. I broke a blood vessel in my right hand from smacking a wall. It’s incredibly swollen and bruised. He got me ice for it as I packed the rest of my things. I know the way he thinks; that holding me down and confining me in a space will prevent things like this from happening. I know he thinks his actions are justified and that it’s to prevent me from getting destructive. He doesn’t realize that it only makes it much, much worse. So much worse. I feel like it’s emotionally abusive.

Please. Tell me. Is he being emotionally abusive? Was I wrong for hitting him and purposefully wanting to cause pain? Was I justified for protecting myself?

tldr; Had a fight with boyfriend. He physically kept me from leaving when I begged him to let me go. I hit him. He physically restrained me. Am I in the wrong?

Edit: No advice on whether or not to leave him. I’m taking the necessary steps and living with my parents.
I think I got all of her formatting correct.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Jesus Christ, what a loving sad sack of psycho poo poo.

The boyfriend that is.

The girl should have rang 911 not mom, but hindsight is a bitch.

But why didn't they put the computer in a different room hmm

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Ratjaculation posted:

But why didn't they put the computer in a different room hmm
From the comments-

quote:

And our weird, small NYC apartment doesn't have the space to accommodate a 3 monitor computer set up anywhere but the bedroom.
lol

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Bedroom battlestation

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

what a couple of crazies

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Ugh, that gives me serious anxiety to read her description of feeling trapped and restrained.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Holy gently caress her boyfriend is an abusive tool with no respect for her. She should have called the cops. Hopefully Reddit gets her to sever.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Guys I thought we had a moratorium on actually depressing stories

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

Jesus Christ, what a loving sad sack of psycho poo poo.

The boyfriend that is.

She's definitely crazier than he is.

quote:

I try to get my box of razors from the medicine box. I haven’t cut in years. It’s so stupid, but it made sense. I needed to get out. He swats my hands away.

“She’s trying to get razors or something.” [I try to hit him in the balls again. Succeed this time.] “She just hit me in the balls.”

The violence ends somewhere here, but eventually I leave. My mom still doesn’t think I was right. She doesn’t condone violence. She says that we were both out of line, but that I’m still not right for hitting him. My boyfriend can’t see himself the way I see him. He thinks by holding me down, by preventing me from leaving, that I’d calm down and that it’d prevent me from harming myself. I broke a blood vessel in my right hand from smacking a wall. It’s incredibly swollen and bruised. He got me ice for it as I packed the rest of my things. I know the way he thinks; that holding me down and confining me in a space will prevent things like this from happening. I know he thinks his actions are justified and that it’s to prevent me from getting destructive. He doesn’t realize that it only makes it much, much worse. So much worse. I feel like it’s emotionally abusive.

It seems like he overstepped boundaries and handled things like a dickhead, like what he said when he was keeping her from her phone, but it also seems like she is is nuts and he sincerely was trying to act in her best interests while she was having an episode.

The issue of his holding the door or grabbing her wrist is something that is in somewhat of a gray area, I've read a lot of comments from goons and redditors alike that advocate the position that any physical contact that isn't invited/explicitly-wanted be treated as a violent assault(which isn't something I agree with), but given that he was having a conversation with the girl's mother and detailing things as and when they happen while not retaliating to her hitting him I find it hard to accept her position that he was abusing her.

It's totally ok that she's super pissed about his bad habit's effect on their sleep, but to me it's also totally ok that a guy tried to prevent his girlfriend from having some kind of self-harm runaway meltdown even if he had her feeling trapped.

Mocking Bird posted:

Ugh, that gives me serious anxiety to read her description of feeling trapped and restrained.
I'm sure mental health patients stuck in wards for their own good would articulate their feeling "trapped and restrained" in much the same way, and would probably defend their lashing out during an episode in much the same way as well. I realise I'm being(probably more than just a little) disingenuous here since that's not actually the situation she's describing, but it seems to me like he was trying to act in her best interests(see: the poo poo about her cutting and going for razors) and she would take any kind of invention as an abusive undermining of her self-determination.

There are times when the credibility of someone's own take on their experiences are undermined by things like mental instability, myopia, tunnel-vision, and I think this is one of those times. That's not to say that he was entirely in the right or that she is entirely in the wrong by any stretch, but mostly that the way she acted certainly doesn't have her in the right, and what I assume to be a sincere attempt to look out for her certainly not putting him entirely in the wrong.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Jfc. So he's a champ because he didnt hit her?

She says The reason she was trying to cut herself was because he had trapped her. The guy is an absolute oval office and she should call the police.

"This girl I've trapped has gone mental lol, better ignore her screams and pleas and make sure she doesn't hurt herself because I'm a nice guy"

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
She asked him plenty to not scream at his friends and play his stupid game in the middle of the night. Multiple times. She isn't perfect but sounds like she snapped from being sleep deprived and angry. It's not like she paints herself as totally perfect or anything but that guy sounds like a major dick head.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

She asked him plenty to not scream at his friends and play his stupid game in the middle of the night. Multiple times. She isn't perfect but sounds like she snapped from being sleep deprived and angry. It's not like she paints herself as totally perfect or anything but that guy sounds like a major dick head.

she should have left the first time he woke her up screaming on the internet, no one should date anyone from DnD

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

never date someone that plays league of legends, its just common sense

edit: i really dont think the boyfriends actions are defendable here, he literally would not allow her to leave her own house

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Carrion Luggage posted:

she should have left the first time he woke her up screaming on the internet, no one should date anyone from DnD

DnD: Not even once

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Carrion Luggage posted:

lmao

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

lohli posted:

It seems like he overstepped boundaries and handled things like a dickhead, like what he said when he was keeping her from her phone, but it also seems like she is is nuts and he sincerely was trying to act in her best interests while she was having an episode.

The issue of his holding the door or grabbing her wrist is something that is in somewhat of a gray area, I've read a lot of comments from goons and redditors alike that advocate the position that any physical contact that isn't invited/explicitly-wanted be treated as a violent assault(which isn't something I agree with), but given that he was having a conversation with the girl's mother and detailing things as and when they happen while not retaliating to her hitting him I find it hard to accept her position that he was abusing her.

It's totally ok that she's super pissed about his bad habit's effect on their sleep, but to me it's also totally ok that a guy tried to prevent his girlfriend from having some kind of self-harm runaway meltdown even if he had her feeling trapped.

I'm sure mental health patients stuck in wards for their own good would articulate their feeling "trapped and restrained" in much the same way, and would probably defend their lashing out during an episode in much the same way as well. I realise I'm being(probably more than just a little) disingenuous here since that's not actually the situation she's describing, but it seems to me like he was trying to act in her best interests(see: the poo poo about her cutting and going for razors) and she would take any kind of invention as an abusive undermining of her self-determination.

There are times when the credibility of someone's own take on their experiences are undermined by things like mental instability, myopia, tunnel-vision, and I think this is one of those times. That's not to say that he was entirely in the right or that she is entirely in the wrong by any stretch, but mostly that the way she acted certainly doesn't have her in the right, and what I assume to be a sincere attempt to look out for her certainly not putting him entirely in the wrong.

or maybe he should have let her leave her own goddamn apartment when she wanted to???

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Why are people even bothering to argue with someone who thinks it's reasonable to physically confine a smaller person inside their apartment and takes their phone away when they beg to leave?

Anyway,

quote:

My [31F] husbands [30M] old college fling [32F] moved into our neighbourhood recently.Infidelity
submitted 5 hours ago * by gully6fd

I really need some outside opinions and thoughts right now. I feel like I'm not crazy, but there could be a chance I am in this situation.

My husband and I have been together for 6 years in total, but we have been married for over 2 years now. We have a very happy, yet simple life that I really appreciate living with him. Both of us have our day jobs, our hobbies, our friends, and we always enjoy traveling to a new place (once or twice) every year. We have talked about children in the past, but at this point, I'm not sure if we are actually going to go through with having kids. Either way, I'm happy, so I have no expectations on that front.

At the end of September, someone new moved in a couple houses down on our block. Funny enough, it was my husbands old college "fling/FWB" that he was with before we started dating exclusively. I know a lot about this woman from the early days of us dating, but I couldn't believe that she actually was moving into our neighbourhood. It was pretty clear that someone was moving in at the time, so me and my husband went over to introduce ourselves, which is how we found out.

I have always felt a little insecure knowing that she lives only a couple houses down. Why? Well, not only did they have a "thing" for almost two years. But, my husband said at the time that he had feelings for her and he wanted a relationship. As time went on, he got disinterested in just hooking up with her, and that is when him and I ended meeting. So, for me, it worked out well! Not so much for her, and I could definitely tell that it bothered her the few meetings I had with her.

This past weekend, our neighbours next door had us and few other people over for drinks and appetizers. Funny enough, they actually invited over "Judy" (fake name for the story). The evening went well, but what bothered me the most was seeing Judy pretty much hang around my husband all night. She was always laughing a what he was saying, she was rubbing his back and touching him, and she even threw out some pretty exaggerated sexual jokes and comments about my husband. This bothered me all evening.. When my husband and I got home, I talked to him about what I saw, but he thought I was making a bigger deal out of a situation that had no leeway.

For some reason, there is something I just don't trust about this situation (Judy living on our street). Saturday night was a perfect example of my suspicions. I can totally tell that Judy wants to have a second chance with my husband, even though she had her chance for almost two years of hooking up with my husband in college. The touching, the flirting, and the sexual remarks from her just bothered me. To be frank, they still bother me..

How can I go about this situation? I really want to tell Judy completely off.. My interactions with her have been minuscule conversations, where when my husband has ran into her, she chats him up like there is no tomorrow. Is there something fishy going on between them? It doesn't seem like my husband is up to something? I just don't trust Judy.

tl;dr: At the end of September, my husbands old college fling/FWB moved into our neighbourhood. I don't get a good feeling from her at all, and Saturday night was living proof of her intentions. How should I approach this situation?

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

lohli posted:

Were we reading the same story or are you just dumb as hell

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I don't get how people don't see obvious solutions. You get a pumpkin, carve a jack o lantern face in it. Then you take the biggest butcher knife in your kitchen and write a note in your own blood that says "STAY AWAY FROM MY HUSBAND" and stick it to the pumpkin with the knife. Leave on her doorstep.
That's what I'd do anyway.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Carrion Luggage posted:

I wouldn't say the first time, but it was clearly a big deal for both of them and it's absurd that they are cohabiting while unable to resolve what seems like such a dumb issue. They could have done something like her crashing on the couch a night every week/fortnight so can do his unsociable-hours socialising or he could have dropped a monitor from his setup so they could fit it elsewhere in the apartment. He was definitely the shitter in that part of this whole thing.

Ratjaculation posted:

Jfc. So he's a champ because he didnt hit her?

She says The reason she was trying to cut herself was because he had trapped her. The guy is an absolute oval office and she should call the police.

"This girl I've trapped has gone mental lol, better ignore her screams and pleas and make sure she doesn't hurt herself because I'm a nice guy"

He's a champ because he didn't let her hitting him work him up into a rage and hit her back, or egg her on, he clearly belittled her with how he spoke to her and I'd say he was an unhelpful/counter-productive dickhead in that respect, but it also seems like he was trying to keep a cool head throughout his partner's tantrum, a tantrum that I imagine from his reaction and her mother's reaction have happened before. His obstructing her in that way was a counter-productive cack-handed attempt at damage control, I'm pretty sure he thought he was being playful and lighthearted with the "it's my phone" thing clearly made things worse.

But on the issue of cutting, I'll defer to the part of her post that I think she was right about :

quote:

He thinks by holding me down, by preventing me from leaving, that I’d calm down and that it’d prevent me from harming myself.

I think his heart was in the right place, even if he at times was a counter-productive dickhead

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
why must you dig this grave for yourself lohli

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Jeza posted:

why must you dig this grave for yourself lohli

I just think it's more nuanced than only one party being a bad actor :shrug:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
he wasn't letting her leave before she threw her "tantrum" dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

lohli posted:

I just think it's more nuanced than only one party being a bad actor :shrug:

My [23M] prisoner [22F] is behaving irrationally - what to do?