Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It was before teens yo. I don't remember any women on that show because I'd see Picard and Data talking about some poo poo and my eyes would glaaaaze right over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Abrams Trek is the only good Trek

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

MacheteZombie posted:

Abrams Trek is the only good Trek

Just the 1st movie

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Detective No. 27 posted:

Did you only watch season 1 and give up? Cause everyone knows a Star Trek doesn't get good until someone grows their beard.

So are you saying that Kate Mulgrew was a mistake from the start, or that she just wasn't dedicated to making Voyager good?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Gyges posted:

So are you saying that Kate Mulgrew was a mistake from the start, or that she just wasn't dedicated to making Voyager good?

Kate Mulgrew might be the only good thing about that show. She's quoted as saying she played Janeway as a psychopath. The show is otherwise complete garbage.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vintersorg posted:

Just the 1st movie

I enjoyed all three of them.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Detective No. 27 posted:

Kate Mulgrew might be the only good thing about that show. She's quoted as saying she played Janeway as a psychopath. The show is otherwise complete garbage.

Maybe, but it was enjoyable garbage for my high school mind. Mulgrew deffo did a good job in her role. Ch'kotay was the iffy one for me. Janeway and the Doctor, and the cook alien guy were the best.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is there not a thread somewhere to discuss Star Trek? Cause it's not this one.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I'm pretty sure the guy who played chakotay is vocally on record that he hates sci Fi in general and Voyager in specific, and as soon as the paycheck stopped interesting him he spent all his time trying to get fired out of his contract

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

UmOk posted:

Is there not a thread somewhere to discuss Star Trek? Cause it's not this one.

Sorry, there are Star Trek comics and Star Trek movies.

Anyone who liked Nelix should reexamine their belief system though.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

I'm pretty sure the guy who played chakotay is vocally on record that he hates sci Fi in general and Voyager in specific, and as soon as the paycheck stopped interesting him he spent all his time trying to get fired out of his contract

Beltran constantly bitched about the show while it was on the air.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MorgaineDax posted:

Beltran constantly bitched about the show while it was on the air.

It is why he will forever be my only favorite Star Trek character of a show I have never seen more than two or three episodes of

His contempt and seething anger for the show warms my soul and ushers me through the dumbest of times

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I enjoyed all three of them.

3 was particularly rad.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The Inhumans is happening. The Inhumans is coming to theatres. The Inhumans movie is not happening.

Inhumans coming to ABC

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Well, at least they get to play in the under-the-stairs closet that is Marvel TV.

Cloak & Dagger is happening too but it has its Freeform (formerly ABC Family) debut delayed to 2018. One of the Netflix Daredevil writers is showrunning.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Proposition Joe posted:

The Inhumans is happening. The Inhumans is coming to theatres. The Inhumans movie is not happening.

Inhumans coming to ABC

AHAHAHAHHHAHAahAHAHahahahaHAHahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Feige was saying last week that "it [an Inhumans Movie] will happen, for sure at some point."

So, I wonder if that still applies or if it was just a smokescreen until they announced this.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Feige was saying last week that "it [an Inhumans Movie] will happen, for sure at some point."

So, I wonder if that still applies or if it was just a smokescreen until they announced this.

I mean this is a feature length thing released to theaters

In some respects it is a movie

Just you know

...really it's the movie the Inhumans deserve.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Are people going to really pay 14-24 dollars to watch two episodes of most likely ABC's Agents of SHIELD:The Inhumans?

Ugh.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Agents of SHIELD definitely isn't getting a fifth season, is it?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think there's a good chance. It's still the highest rated non Shondaland drama they have, it is in syndication already so every new episode starts from a point of being already sold and thus cheaper to produce, and it has really good DVR numbers and lots of product integration.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

The ratings are low and the show has enough episodes for syndication. It is likely.

Ghost Rider might be getting a TV show too.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Burkion posted:

I mean this is a feature length thing released to theaters

In some respects it is a movie

Just you know

...really it's the movie the Inhumans deserve.

I have no real investment in the characters at all, but I feel bad that a giant teleporting dog that sports a tuning fork is being dissed like that.

Besides, dogs deserve their own heroes to dress up as for Halloween too.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

The ratings are low and the show has enough episodes for syndication. It is likely.

Ghost Rider might be getting a TV show too.

On one hand I am an unreasonably huge fan of Ghost Rider, though I do not like Mr Giant Jaws design. Loved Blaze's design that we saw though.

On the other hand, if we get action scenes as thrilling as "one dude grabs another and throws him around." or "Whip a chain at him." or "Grab dude and then punch a lot." I'm not too sure that'd be the best thing for ole SkullHead

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A Ghost Rider show should end every episode with him vomiting flames onto a sinner, like in Spirit of Vengeance.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 15, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
And the opening credit theme, and sequence, should be him Ghost Riding the whip

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know you could always make it like a twisted EC Comics kinda thing, with Ghost Rider going around taking on a new sinner every week and giving them a new and unique punishment for being evil.

All while some how never getting involved in the movie events that he would steam roll otherwise.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Christopher Meloni is in another comic book movie after Man of Steel and it's... Happy.
http://deadline.com/2016/11/chris-meloni-cast-male-lead-syfy-pilot-happy-1201854240/

Happy is a violent and gritty Image comic about a hitman who teams up with a child's imaginary friend.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Just use Dexter's formula. He goes out and nabbs the evil people, and eventually deals with one big bad as the climax of the series.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

Christopher Meloni is in another comic book movie after Man of Steel and it's... Happy.
http://deadline.com/2016/11/chris-meloni-cast-male-lead-syfy-pilot-happy-1201854240/

Happy is a violent and gritty Image comic about a hitman who teams up with a child's imaginary friend.
Hold up.

N/T are a part of this, and half of the duo is going to direct? That's like, a massive selling point for everyone on earth. Holy poo poo, so down.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Burkion posted:

You know you could always make it like a twisted EC Comics kinda thing, with Ghost Rider going around taking on a new sinner every week and giving them a new and unique punishment for being evil.

All while some how never getting involved in the movie events that he would steam roll otherwise.

That happening followed by out of nowhere Thanos being handled in this manner at the end of Infinity War Part II or whatever would make me take back any bad thing I have ever said about any MCU film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Neveldine and Taylor are going to adapt Grant Morrison. Didn't see that going down.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Hold up.

N/T are a part of this, and half of the duo is going to direct? That's like, a massive selling point for everyone on earth. Holy poo poo, so down.

Yeah I'm in.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

McSpanky posted:

I dunno, "what if republicans were the good guys" could gain traction
Our main hero dudes so far are a Silicon Valley liberal and a libertarian, so it's not exactly a stretch.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Burkion posted:

DC should also look into making a Spectre series

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Hell yeah Christopher Meloni

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Watched the trailer for the Beauty and the Beast remake and....wow it looks pretty bad. Did they even bother with motion capping the actor or is the beast just a bunch of CGI? His face looks like what happens when I think drinking vodka and beer at the same time is a good idea.

Even Belle'd outfits seem touched up and fake on her.

And even though this is supposed to be based on a French story and everyone has French names the only one speaking with a French accent is the freaking candle stick.

Not impressed at all.

The only thing I can say is that live action Cogsworth will terrify young children for decades. Those screaming night terrors of clockwork men coming to wind up the pieces inside them at night will entertain me.

Glad I can save my money on this one.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

DC should also look into making a Spectre series

That Showcase Presents short animated film from a few years ago was great. I'd love more of that.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

DC Murderverse posted:

Isn't that movie "on hold" (i.e. getting cancelled the moment they have the opportunity)? I thought their idea just didn't come to fruition at all, so they delayed it beyond Infinity War so they could just go "well we tried" later.

Well I was kinda right, but it actually suffered a worse fate than cancellation: being on ABC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Drifter posted:

I can't understand how ANYONE in their early teens would have given up on TNG when you have Troi, Crusher, Tasha Yar, Ensign Ro...and Picard, Geordi, and Riker.

Like Jesus, better than Skinemax.
I never watched Star Trek but even I know about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXdu6C3Qoro

Hat Thoughts posted:

Hell yeah Christopher Meloni

Ok...this would be pretty drat awesome.

• Locked thread