Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

Vegito would have felt better to me if they knew it was going to be a super short fusion and were going all-out frantically, trying to beat Zamasu before they lost the fusion. Would have made it really tense and fun

Except then you wouldn't have a Zamasu at that point.

You would have a smear all over the wall of the nearest building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite thing about Mystic/Ultimate Gohan was in Wrath of the Dragon where he's the Great Saiyaman and then whips his helmet off and transforms into Mystic which means he powers up for a second and then his forelock changes shape slightly and then you reflect on how much Ultimate Gohan sucks. Like if that scene was him going ss2 it would be rad but no. Mystic.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

where were you people when mystic gohan did gently caress all

Seriously that was some class A bullshit. Gohan was loving around with that Z sword, then getting "powered up" by old man Kai for the entire Buu saga. Then when he finally arrives to save the day he gets chumped in 2 episodes.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

What the gently caress is a ningen?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Carl Seitan posted:

What the gently caress is a ningen?

A miserable pile of powerups.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Rutibex posted:

Seriously that was some class A bullshit. Gohan was loving around with that Z sword, then getting "powered up" by old man Kai for the entire Buu saga. Then when he finally arrives to save the day he gets chumped in 2 episodes.

Old Kai unlocked his hidden potential, but it's Gohan so that just means he's better at studying.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gohan never really wanted to be Big Punchman Hero all the time, he has astounding potential but ultimately prefers to stay out of it if he can.

Also he has a kid now and unlike his dad and grandfather, he would like to actually be present in Pan's childhood.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Gohan is the best and I hate the Z sword as Gohan should never be the main character. He is more interesting as a supporting character.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Funky Valentine posted:

Gohan never really wanted to be Big Punchman Hero all the time, he has astounding potential but ultimately prefers to stay out of it if he can.

Also he has a kid now and unlike his dad and grandfather, he would like to actually be present in Pan's childhood.

I'm still very glad that not only is Gohan a good dad but Hercule and Piccolo are also involved with raising Pan

It is the cutest

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

Piccolo was present during all of Gohan's childhood though!

I admit, King Piccolo was pretty absent, being dead and all, but Piccolo was a great dad and is now a great grandpa.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I've said this before, but I think this Trunks arc kinda puts "Gohan is a dweeb" into perspective. They meet in the regular timeline and Trunks is BAFFLED at how soft Gohan's become, but he realized by the end of it that - like himself - Gohan only fights when it's necessary, so everyone can live his chill-rear end life. Trunks is just someone that never had the luxury to stop fighting. Same dude, but different circumstances.

I'm actually interested to see where we're going from here. Multiverse Tournament is gonna be a thing, but tournament arcs are never just about tournaments.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Future Trunks meets Main Trunks, they fuse into Trutrunksnks.

Time Patroller Trunks, meanwhile, got body-jacked by Captain Ginyu.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dias posted:

I've said this before, but I think this Trunks arc kinda puts "Gohan is a dweeb" into perspective. They meet in the regular timeline and Trunks is BAFFLED at how soft Gohan's become, but he realized by the end of it that - like himself - Gohan only fights when it's necessary, so everyone can live his chill-rear end life. Trunks is just someone that never had the luxury to stop fighting. Same dude, but different circumstances.

I'm actually interested to see where we're going from here. Multiverse Tournament is gonna be a thing, but tournament arcs are never just about tournaments.

Yeah, that episode was great because it should have shut the door on people still clamoring for more Gohan (and hell, I still hold a torch without being stupid about it), and most people just missed the point. Gohan has what he wants in life. He's a turbo-nerd for scholarly pursuits, his family, and keepin it chill. He is not, nor has he ever been, a turbo-nerd for fighting. Doesn't mean he can't level the entire planet if you pissed him off though. I really enjoyed that episode, is what I'm saying.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Gohan is the best and I hate the Z sword as Gohan should never be the main character. He is more interesting as a supporting character.

Gohan was the main character or at worst shared it with Goku from like Raditz onto Cell.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I still suspect Gohan MIGHT have a role to play in the future due to how often they bring him up, and how he's kind of thing in the background. But it would require some serious poo poo to go down in the main timeline.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
You'd think Gohan would try to keep up with his training a little bit though, considering how many times some big evil thing shows up right when his dad is off planet/injured/dying of a heart condition/dead/playing with the God of the multiverse/otherwise occupied.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

You'd think Gohan would try to keep up with his training a little bit though, considering how many times some big evil thing shows up right when his dad is off planet/injured/dying of a heart condition/dead/playing with the God of the multiverse/otherwise occupied.

There was a huge period of complete peace and then his dad came back and became a god.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

I-It's exactly how I dreamed it :swoon:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Gohan was the main character or at worst shared it with Goku from like Raditz onto Cell.

He wasn't even a main character in the Cell saga, the saga that let him actually contribute.

So no.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Burkion posted:

I still suspect Gohan MIGHT have a role to play in the future due to how often they bring him up, and how he's kind of thing in the background. But it would require some serious poo poo to go down in the main timeline.

I keep thinking they'll bring him back whenever poo poo gets bad enough too. He might not get a Trunks push, but I wouldn't be surprised if they give him one of those "enraged beatdown" moments against some badass villain or something.

Rhonne posted:

I mean, he still can handle most threats without training, and if it's that bad Goku and Vegeta will for sure get involved. Plus he still does his Saiyaman schtick every now and then, I'd assume.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

He wasn't even a main character in the Cell saga, the saga that let him actually contribute.

So no.

Trunks is in the Cell arc what people say Gohan is to Super arc

and Trunks is the reason why ALL OF IT HAPPENS.

But no, let's give Gohan the "w". I love the Cell arc but that always bothered me.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Trunks got to kill his own Cell!

And so did Krillin.

What I'm trying to say is that Krillin should beat the next villain.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

I keep thinking they'll bring him back whenever poo poo gets bad enough too. He might not get a Trunks push, but I wouldn't be surprised if they give him one of those "enraged beatdown" moments against some badass villain or something.

I honestly think that's what they're quietly building towards with him.

They keep having little moments with the guy that point to him doing something down the line like his little aside with Piccolo, or his realization of just how hosed the future is and how much danger Goku and Vegeta have been in. Let alone his reaction to how Chichi and Goten died in the other timeline.

I doubt he'll ever be hero of destiny Gohan again, but he's going to get a nice moment down the line, and I think Trunks was the stepping stone for that. Especially if his family is ever in danger.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

It's not so much a fushion as it is a buusion.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Gohan, combine your love of family with the need to protect the future. Train Pan.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

We all know Pan is going to end up being the strongest of them all.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Funky Valentine posted:

This is really only true from the Buu Saga on. During the Namek, Android and Cell Sagas he wanted to train and fight a whole lot more but was limited in it to some degree by Chi Chi and studied because she made him rather than because he seemed to have any personal interest in doing so. He didn't want to fight Cell nearly as much as Goku thought, but he certainly didn't want to stay out of things either.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Those sagas are all reactionary tho. He wants to train because there is an immediate threat.

The Buu saga is the one without one so no training.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 15, 2016

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goku fights because he enjoys it, Gohan fights out of a sense of responsibility.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
prediction: next arc takes place after a brief time skip, chichi and goten are kidnapped

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'm gonna miss Zamasu :rip: Can't wait 20 years for his resurrection movie. We can all imagine what his Hell looks like

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm gonna miss Zamasu :rip: Can't wait 20 years for his resurrection movie. We can all imagine what his Hell looks like doe

Him and Goku Black are in separate cocoons, inches away from their noses touching, while all of the dirty ningens run around them frolicking and playing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm gonna miss Zamasu :rip: Can't wait 20 years for his resurrection movie. We can all imagine what his Hell looks like doe

The title "Dragon Ball: Resurrection of Z" is gonna send a lot of mixed messages.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

CharlestheHammer posted:

Those sagas are all reactionary tho. He wants to train because there is an immediate threat.

The Buu saga is the one without one so no training.

When Bulma decides to go to Namek he stands up to Chi Chi because he wants to go too, and to help his friends and be there for them when they're resurrected given their sacrifice. When Chi Chi tries to argue about all the study he'll miss he shouts her down and insists on going.

There's no immediate threat or reactionary need to train, not until they get there and find out about Freeza, since even Vegeta isn't being treated as an immediate threat - just a thing Goku wants to fight someday. Gohan and Krillin train on the way there though if I recall.

He always fought for a reason other than a pure love of fighting like Goku, but the idea he preferred to study or wanted a quiet life and to not fight at all if he could avoid it is only really there from Buu onward and not an inevitable consequence of his character or anything.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He fells extreme guilt over Piccolo dying. That was why he did that, plus going to names does not mean training. They did not expect to fight because they don't know they are anime characters. At no point does he train in a non reactionary manner

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

He fells extreme guilt over Piccolo dying. That was why he did that, plus going to names does not mean training. They did not expect to fight because they don't know they are anime characters. At no point does he train in a non reactionary manner

Yeah, Gohan has no reason to ever assume that an EVEN STRONGER guy will show up after he kills the genetic superclone of the strongest tyrant the galaxy has ever known and even once Buu shows up there's no reason to assume that he'll have to fight gods or whatever. Goku and Vegeta train because they fuckin' love fighting and even then they need people who are a challenge to really push themselves.

Like hey, for all that people get on Gohan for not training, Vegeta's power level didn't exactly skyrocket from Cell to Buu either.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I don't mind Gohan not being involved in the huge fights, or even getting weaker from not training, but I feel like they made him wayyyy to weak in super. There's no real reason he couldn't have participated in the tourney arc if piccolo and buu we're going to, he wasn't even there at all.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kithkar posted:

I don't mind Gohan not being involved in the huge fights, or even getting weaker from not training, but I feel like they made him wayyyy to weak in super. There's no real reason he couldn't have participated in the tourney arc if piccolo and buu we're going to, he wasn't even there at all.

He had a seminar, man. Dude needs to network if he wants to make it in the academic world, you go nowhere if you're not publishing!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dias posted:

He had a seminar, man. Dude needs to network if he wants to make it in the academic world, you go nowhere if you're not publishing!

*Gohan, muttering to himself after getting a paper back from the editors* "ungrateful fucks...i should masenko this loving building...my grandpa is a king..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ImpAtom posted:

Like hey, for all that people get on Gohan for not training, Vegeta's power level didn't exactly skyrocket from Cell to Buu either.

Didn't Vegeta learn to go super saiyan 2? That's a huge power boost by itself.

• Locked thread