Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

gross gore has gone full xj9 l0l

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Teikanmi posted:

Tahm Kench top is secret OP

Sunfire, ZzRot and Spirit Visage. Shits on all the new assassins, Darius and Nasus, get it while it's hot boys

Why would TK beat nasus? You should just be able to push him in all day with Nasus and never even have to fight him.

ungulateman posted:

sure is cool losing because i randomly spike to 1000 ping for no reason 35 minutes into the game during the fight over elder dragon

I've been getting this occasionally as well on this patch, it's annoying.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

this girl won't gently caress him so he made a website with all her personal info, sent nudes to her whole family and is pretending he didn't do it (while spreading the link saying wow this is so bad look at this thing that someone who isn't me has done)

guy is a loving psychopath

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

Why would TK beat nasus? You should just be able to push him in all day with Nasus and never even have to fight him.

I've been getting this occasionally as well on this patch, it's annoying.

I've had this now and again for the two previous patches, in this one it actually seems to have calmed down.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

this girl won't gently caress him so he made a website with all her personal info, sent nudes to her whole family and is pretending he didn't do it (while spreading the link saying wow this is so bad look at this thing that someone who isn't me has done)

guy is a loving psychopath

so you're saying it was lag that pulled the blue card

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Sorry for asking for TT advice every time you pop up but do you like the sup adc more than jungle? Do you just constantly push then roam into the jungle? Thanks for your TT thoughts in advance, I like it way more than SR. Who else do you see as strong or a sleeper pick?

Actually I forgot about Hecarim. Hecarim is also not listed in the tier lists very often, so I guess he is a sleeper in that sense. Hecarim brutalizes bot laners and once he's ahead he controls the entire map.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Is Shyvana about to become stupid good or is this less powerful than I think?

quote:

Furious Reckoning (Passive):
Renamed to "Furious Reckoning" from "Dragonborn".
New Effect:
"Shyvana deals 10% more damage to dragons.
Shyvana gains 5 Armor and Magic Resistance.
Elemental drakes defeated by Shyvana or her allies grant her an additional 5 Armor and Magic Resistance.
Total bonus Armor and Magic Resistance: X"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
well she can get around 25 armor/25 mr if she punches like 4/5? dragons, which is like 35+ mins in?

Sounds more like a "win more" passive rather than anything else imo. it actually involves trying to get objectives rather than idk pressing r once and gaining 15/35/55 armor/mr.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Kashuno posted:

I can only hope the passive works on aurelion sol

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Kashuno posted:

25 mr has a gold value of 450, 25 armor has a gold value of 500, and while shyvana can sneak an early dragon even more easily with this her tools for dragon steals/fights are actually very meh in general. it's unremarkable.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I wonder if the extra resists make attackspeed/lifesteal shy builds really good, though.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

she should get something nice for elder dragon at least imo, that seems pretty lackluster as-is

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont think the new burnout or flame breath are really a net gain or loss so this is basically like --resistances in ult ++hp and her smite on dragon deals bonus damage. flame breath now deals an extra 60 damage a second if they stand still i guess? thats basically nothing

e. the smite thing was a bug too lol

Radical fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 15, 2016

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Just give Shyvana double benefits from Drakes. What could go wrong?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Hell yeah, more gimmicks that dont work on TT/ARAM/gimmick maps

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Elentor posted:

Actually I forgot about Hecarim. Hecarim is also not listed in the tier lists very often, so I guess he is a sleeper in that sense. Hecarim brutalizes bot laners and once he's ahead he controls the entire map.

He's also stupid good at ganking on TT because a lot of jungle players are already bad enough at making sure the enemy jungler doesn't get behind top lane, let alone one that can charge at high speed past them and knock the top laner forward.

While we're talking sleeper hits, Azir is also really good as a bot laner on TT, because he can leap over the giant wall from the health pack zone, ult the enemy laner forward, and they're basically hosed.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Neurolimal posted:

Hell yeah, more gimmicks that dont work on TT/ARAM/gimmick maps

Son, if you didn't realize Riot only thinks about SR when dominion was axed then I don't know what will convince you.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Son, if you didn't realize Riot only thinks about SR when dominion was axed then I don't know what will convince you.

That doesn't mean I have to like it :colbert:

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Well, there used to be a dragon on TT.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i tried graves in SR this morning and he felt bad, because the enemy maokai cleared at roughly the same rate and went full tank/cinderhulk and had the courage to do the needful and own me repeatedly after 15 minutes

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Is Riven supposed to be beaten by Xin Zhao/Jax or was the Riven in my last game just really bad?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i feel like every riven matchup is a skill matchup and if you fall behind you're toast unless you leave the lane and roam really hard

i've seen adrian riven completely lose lane and roam at a -60CS differential and take over a game because he contributes to and takes advantage of vision control

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Riven supposed to be beaten by Xin Zhao/Jax or was the Riven in my last game just really bad?

Xin has some amazing sustain, if Riven doesn't level 2 gib him he's basically going to outsustain everything she does.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh, I should point out that this is late game. Sorry.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh, I should point out that this is late game. Sorry.
in a shocking twist the ability-based champion does in fact lose to the attack speed/sustain monsters if she can't one-shot them

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Kashuno posted:

It's pretty bad. It gets good if you get 3 or 4 drakes but that means shyvana needs to get an early one which you dont want to potentially waste time on because you want to powerfarm, so you only want early infernal or mountain drakes.

It'd make her a decent niche pick if monte's proposal to show in champ select which dragons will spawn had become reality. As it stands itll be pretty poo poo.

E: also rofl riven should only be beat by xin until level 9-11. She gets beat hard during that time but no way does xin AA riven to death past 35 minutes

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Nov 15, 2016

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Orv posted:

He was a lot like Alistar. He wasn't Thresh, he wasn't Zyra, but when you made plays you could practically feel the enemy lane freaking out in voice.

Honestly I need to find more weird fighter support options that let you just chunk people around in lane. Or play Nautilus again, drat the meta.

While the nerfs have made his jungle clear miserably slow, Nautilus is back. The new keystone made him the winningest top laner, and he's still ahead of Thresh in the support win rates. There's nothing like locking down a cocky assassin with Nautilus' CC.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Parallel Playa posted:

E: also rofl riven should only be beat by xin until level 9-11. She gets beat hard during that time but no way does xin AA riven to death past 35 minutes

I don't know about killing her (riven is still disgustingly mobile against any soft CC) but in lane he does pretty well exploiting her lack of sustain.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Parallel Playa posted:

I think you seriously underestimate how much damage and sustain Xin has with the right build. Trinity + Gunblade (or BotRK) + Tabi + DMP + Spirit Visage + whatever other tank item, she's not bursting through that. If he's jungle, swap the trinity for Skirmisher's Bloodrazor

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
bloodrazor xin is alt f4

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Xin is not really that great right now. He's average, and really only gets going after three or four items in the jungle.

e: You'd be better off playing anything that has reliable CC and can take the new resolve mastery.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I'm not saying he's good right now (because he isn't) but he is a super strong 1v1 duelist.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mystery Prize posted:

I'm not saying he's good right now (because he isn't) but he is a super strong 1v1 duelist.

oh yeah fair enough, I've seen some high elo players have success with him in the toplane.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I knew the new mastery is good but this is just getting silly

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

lol wut

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
played brand for the first time

went 2/11/4 and shot a bunch of dudes with fire, karthus/garen mid can suck a dick, same with garen/mf

Fuck Whitey
Nov 9, 2016

by SA Support Robot
miss fortune
miss fortune
miss fortune

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

It doesn't work with Olaf, or is this the joke

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Firebert posted:

It doesn't work with Olaf, or is this the joke

Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

I've had two olafs with it in my games. They haven't updated their masteries for 6.22

• Locked thread