Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Reiley posted:

Just a word from the inside, but if you're excited for a new Mario, you may find a dog-gone good time bonus game on your new console's pack-in cartridge..... classic gamers will understand.

Duck Hunt: Origins, an open-world action RPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna laugh my rear end off when it launches with Mario but it's yet another bloody one in the "new"-series. Then I'll get mildly depressed and reconsider getting a Switch at launch.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

This Zelda game is the most delayed one of all time, correct?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Technically it only has a 2017 release window so this wouldn't be a delay.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

greatn posted:

Technically it only has a 2017 release window so this wouldn't be a delay.

True, but it was originally scheduled for 2015 correct?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Both Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess were delayed for about a year, and I believe those were the longest two delays in the series. So yeah, this one is the longest.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess were both delayed two years, same as this. Though this will end up close to 1 1/2.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
As long as it turns out real loving good they can delay the hell out of it, assuming there are decent launch and follow through titles lined up.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Mario Run is going to be $9.99....yeeeeeeeeesh

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TheScott2K posted:

As long as it turns out real loving good they can delay the hell out of it, assuming there are decent launch and follow through titles lined up.

I could be off base but this new Zelda looks solidly in real-loving-good territory. The past few installments haven't done much for me, but I might actually buy another goddamn Nintendo console just for BotW if it's as good as it looks

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kashuno posted:

Seems good to me. I buy Square games for more

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

a fleshy snood posted:

I could be off base but this new Zelda looks solidly in real-loving-good territory. The past few installments haven't done much for me, but I might actually buy another goddamn Nintendo console just for BotW if it's as good as it looks

They certainly found a good aesthetic - a nice middle ground between the divisive visuals of Wind Waker and the bland "maturity" of TP. The gameplay remains a question mark for me. I worry about open-world busywork infecting it like it has so many other otherwise good games. I don't think it will, but I still worry about it.

Kashuno posted:

I'd rather pay :10bux: for a complete game than pay little or nothing for a game full of ads that constantly begs for more money. This is fine.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

a fleshy snood posted:

Yeah, it does look absolutely fantastic. I agree with some people that open world can get out of hand if they're not careful, but I'm optimistic just given how much they seem to be treating the open world like a toy.

I'm not too bummed about the delay, if only because I was definitely going to get a Switch and then get Breath of the Wild as my first game for it, and a delayed Zelda means I don't have to rush out and get a Switch immediately.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
BoTW seems perfect for Switch, X because I'd do open world busywork and exploration on the go or relaxing in bed, but actual game progress stuff on the TV.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, basically. What full-on sold me on the Switch was Breath of the Wild portable. I'm sure the framerate will tank and it'll eat battery like crazy, but I like the idea anyway and I honestly rarely play portable games anywhere that doesn't have an outlet handy anyway. I travel enough for work that having a portable game system that I can play "big" games with in hotels and stuff is going to be really nice.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I could see someone like Nyko or Anker making a big honkin' battery pack you could stick to the Switch to let it go all-out power-wise so the frame rate wouldn't tank while on the go.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean don't get me wrong, I will absolutely buy Mario Run, but I don't know that the mobile market will respond the same way

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They call it the Nintendo Switch because when you see it you switch off your PS4 and start playing the Switch

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The revival of star tropics is coming.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The revival of star tropics is coming.

Disney caught a lot of poo poo for its recent movie Moana for cultural appropriation. I can only imagine how Star Tropics would be received.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Just wait til they sell a gazillion of these and cause the shareholders to flip out that they aren't doing MORE MOBILE MORE MOBILE

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So the game moves Mario and all I can do is press jump? No thanks.

Edit: Oh, and it's only on ios.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 15, 2016

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I mean don't get me wrong, I will absolutely buy Mario Run, but I don't know that the mobile market will respond the same way

check out the release notification numbers. also it's a free app demo with in-app purchase of the full game. it's gonna be huge.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Not exactly. There's special blocks for holding Mario, turning him around, ceiling grips, and other stuff you'll need to use for navigation to get the maximum coins and clear the stage.

Take a look at some Rayman games on iOS, it will be similar to that.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Mario Run will be bad but people will love it because the mobile market's standards are just that low.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They made some guy rich because a bird goes up and down.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

check out the release notification numbers. also it's a free app demo with in-app purchase of the full game. it's gonna be huge.

The release notification numbers were super high before the price was announced

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Harrow posted:

Yeah, basically. What full-on sold me on the Switch was Breath of the Wild portable. I'm sure the framerate will tank and it'll eat battery like crazy, but I like the idea anyway and I honestly rarely play portable games anywhere that doesn't have an outlet handy anyway. I travel enough for work that having a portable game system that I can play "big" games with in hotels and stuff is going to be really nice.

Most educated opinions on the subject point to the Switch being more powerful than the Wii U even when undocked, so I wouldn't be too concerned about the framerate.

TheScott2K posted:

I could see someone like Nyko or Anker making a big honkin' battery pack you could stick to the Switch to let it go all-out power-wise so the frame rate wouldn't tank while on the go.

No doubt there'll be some kind of battery extension. Though if, as expected, the extra power when docked goes to bumping the resolution from 720p to 1080p for TV viewing, I'd take the normal portable performance and a boost in battery life instead. Would be cool if they could allow both options, though.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Just get a 6V car battery to lug around and splice it into a USB-C cable

This isn't hard people

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Not a Children posted:

This isn't hard people

*indicates penis*

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Not a Children posted:

Just get a 6V car battery to lug around and splice it into a USB-C cable

This isn't hard people

Seriously this is exactly what I use to power the HTPC I use to play PC games on my TV with a keyboard and mouse.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Why does this sub forum not have a rule about locking threads when there is no new news? I keep seeing posts expecting oh hey something might have leaked or whatever. Nope buncha nerds literally :regd07:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

Why does this sub forum not have a rule about locking threads when there is no new news? I keep seeing posts expecting oh hey something might have leaked or whatever. Nope buncha nerds literally :regd07:

Maybe don't check the thread until January, then?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

LethalGeek posted:

There was literally a new rumor last night you piece of poo poo.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

LethalGeek posted:

Here's an idea, gently caress off if there's nothing you want to discuss regarding Nintendo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

Nintendo Switch: Only post here if you have news about the Nintendo switch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LethalGeek posted:

We are discussing the BotW possible delay from launch, along with Mario Run. Idk how much more Nintendo discussion you can get

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

We are discussing the BotW possible delay from launch, along with Mario Run. Idk how much more Nintendo discussion you can get

I think he was referring to when I tried to get wicka to more fully melt down last night. I admit it didn't work as well as I'd hoped and we all moved on, but I guess someone catching up doesn't realize that that's no longer an active interaction.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Full meltdown, everything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

I think he was referring to when I tried to get wicka to more fully melt down last night. I admit it didn't work as well as I'd hoped and we all moved on, but I guess someone catching up doesn't realize that that's no longer an active interaction.

ding ding ding. Lotta noise trying to find things that actually matter. Also drat you all get salty fast.

• Locked thread