Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Electric Hobo posted:

I did a little math just for the hell of it. If the box is the size of the other games in the series, which an illustration makes it look like, he could literally fill the box with a slab of granite and it still wouldn't weigh 20kg.

What I'm saying is that it's got to be some loving dense wood in those meeples.

It's just over 2kg. 20kg was a typo.

quote:

I will aim to reply to all posts below tomorrow (Sunday 13th) UK time. Regarding the FAQ and comment below I incorrectly wrote 20 kg where the weight is just over 2 kg. I have amended the FAQ. Apologies for the confusion. Sadly the correct figure of 2 kg is used in the postage calculations which are therefore unaffected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Randalor posted:

Aw, I was hoping the Meeple people were offering Tungsten Meeples now.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Kwyndig posted:

Aw, I was hoping the Meeple people were offering Tungsten Meeples now.

At the $100,000 tier you can upgrade to Osmium.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Randalor posted:

That makes a lot more sense. Except he wrote it a couple of times, and even said that you can't order more than one copy since that brings it over the 31kg limit.
Doesn't matter now.

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 13, 2016

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Jimbozig posted:

At the $100,000 tier you can upgrade to Osmium.

Solid Iridium or bust.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Please pledge to my upcoming Kickstarter "Tickling the Dragon's Tail" inspired by the classic boardgame Operation, each copy of which comes with its own 6.2 kilogram subcritical plutonium sphere, two beryllium half-spheres, and a screwdriver.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kai Tave posted:

Please pledge to my upcoming Kickstarter "Tickling the Dragon's Tail" inspired by the classic boardgame Operation, each copy of which comes with its own 6.2 kilogram subcritical plutonium sphere, two beryllium half-spheres, and a screwdriver.

Shipping not available outside the US due to international treaty, sorry!

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Shipping not available outside the US due to international treaty, sorry!

Actually, that project was pledged to Japan, but the backers requested the delivery be cancelled.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Actually, that project was pledged to Japan, but the backers requested the delivery be cancelled.

It was actually a joke about an experiment that didn't go so well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_core

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

rchandra posted:

The fat man you were quoting was making his own joke, not missing the reference like a little boy.

Now I'm thinking about how to make a game that teaches people how to make various machines. Like in my head its basically like building a puzzle, but figuring out how to make folks build the puzzle either competitively or collaboratively in an interesting method and while supporting lots of machine types is a bit tricky.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

rchandra posted:

The "Demon Core" was used as an experimental device after the primary purpose of its construction was rendered useless. Japan had surrendered and there was no further need to utilize the "Demon Core" in follow up nuclear attacks.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

I see I have missed your joke, instead! Sorry.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

So there's this: Way of the Fighter. I'm already put off by the dice rolling mechanism, but I need to do a more thorough analysis. It's Soda Pop though so I'm hesitant. I also already have two fighting games and I don't think I need a third.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Tekopo posted:

So there's this: Way of the Fighter. I'm already put off by the dice rolling mechanism, but I need to do a more thorough analysis. It's Soda Pop though so I'm hesitant. I also already have two fighting games and I don't think I need a third.

I gotta applaud them for making miniatures optional.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Actually played KDM, was pretty cool. First couple battles me and then my friend had to roll on the severe wound table, escaped fatal head blows by rolling crits and just got tossed around. Someone else lost an arm and another a leg though so I can see how losing an experienced survivor to that might be annoying.

We didn't find anything sketchy so far. Friend said that if deaths get annoying we can look into the Hero variant where no one dies and the game focuses more on collecting materials instead, combine that with one of the alternative campaigns.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, I've had people point me to it, and it has some interesting idea, but what I've seen of Soda Pop's design doesn't fill me with hope.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Tekopo posted:

I dunno, I like Soda Pop Mini stuff somewhat (mainly for Super Dungeon Explore's minis and artwork), but they're not very good game designers. I watched one of the example videos they have and it looks suuuuuuuper fiddly.

I'm also kind of annoyed at how they seem to be lost in the weeds as to how to fix Super Dungeon Explore for its 2nd edition. Every KS update they give is a change to the beta ruleset and people commenting about how the change they just did broke the game in some way.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Nov 15, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tekopo posted:

The thumbnail for their video: wow, that's blatant.

e; generic luchador who might be not-El-Fuerte (from SF4), not-Heart (from Arcana Heart), not-Kyo (from KoF), not-Christie (from Tekken) with Laura's (from SF5) colour scheme, not-Zangief (from SF), in case anyone was wondering.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 16, 2016

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

I dunno, I like Soda Pop Mini stuff somewhat (mainly for Super Dungeon Explore's minis and artwork), but they're not very good game designers. I watched one of the example videos they have and it looks suuuuuuuper fiddly.
Also it has deckbuilding elements, which either means that the cards aren't super well balanced or so homogenous that it's hard to make characters distinctive.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Not a true TG Kickstarter, but I invite you to revel in the awfulness of The Rangers: Bloodstone - a MiniWarGaming Movie Project

Be sure to watch the short film they are basing their feature length film on. The Rangers: Drustan Chronicles

Actors? Who needs those? We have lots of friends and family!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

Not a true TG Kickstarter, but I invite you to revel in the awfulness of The Rangers: Bloodstone - a MiniWarGaming Movie Project
I would just like to point out that the term "she-elf" appears on this project's main page.

That's all. Carry on.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I would just like to point out that the term "she-elf" appears on this project's main page.

That's all. Carry on.

Terrible waste of characters, anyone who took themselves seriously would use the term "Shelf".

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Elf on the Shelf just turned kinky.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Tekopo posted:

Alright gents here's my hot take on this game after watching the rules/looking at the actual kickstarter:

The rules are pretty much dogshit IMO. Basically you get to choose if to crouch/jump/shift and your specific attack cards can only be played on a particular stance. Attack cards also only hit at specific ranges and specific enemy stances. But since you and your opponent get to set your stance first and then play your attack card, you will 100% know if you are in range/correct stance/correct enemy stance or not. So basically the attack cards just limit your actions. Also one guy gets initiative and gets to change his stance, but if he does he gives initiative away.

Alright that sounds bad but this is where it gets REALLY bad. Priority works like this: you pick up the dice you have in your active pool (don't worry what that is, it's not gonna make the rule any less dumb), then choose from 1 to 4 dice secretly to roll. You roll the dice and you add what you roll to your priority, straight up. Higher rolls ARE ALWAYS BETTER. The first example of play you have one player rolling a total of 6 on two dice and his opponent rolled a total of 2 (dice either got 1-3 or 2-4 depending if they are POWER DICE or CORE DICE). YOU SHOULD HAVE ROLLED BETTER SCRUB. If there is anything that watching fighting games have told me, is that results are 100% dependent on the RNG making your attacks go out faster or slower. Wait, poo poo, it isn't.

If you thought that was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet, folks! If you want to combo, you have to play a card that has a higher or equal priority to the previous card you comboed. What if it is lower? Well, you can roll a dice! Another expertly ported mechanism from videogames where performing combos is not a matter of skill or practice, but literally hoping the RNG is on your side.

Also, and I'm gonna sound like a hypocrite for bringing this up because I backed EXCEED (to be fair, I didn't pay any attention to the art of EXCEED and I am 100% not making that mistake ever again), the representation of women is not EXCEED-levels bad, but still pretty bad. That's all folks.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

In the interest of fairness, instead of hitting you can do a move action or a powerup (called mode), but I think that STILL can be out-prioritized. There is a bad side of getting too high a score because it makes it harder to combo further (booo loving hooo).

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Kind of, they are still cards that you randomly draw before you randomly roll to see if you can even do it before your opponent slaps you.

Tekopo posted:

Alright gents here's my hot take on this game after watching the rules/looking at the actual kickstarter:

Battlecon, only with dice rolling and removal of all movement and defense tricks that allow for interesting play against characters that out priority you!

I would say the women are on par with Exceed. All sexy booby women except for the kid (and the schoolgirl I guess?). At least next season of Exceed will be going in a different direction.

EDIT: Not to mention Soda Pop had a "non-exclusive" policy that they recently changed, instantly making me like their games less.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Nov 16, 2016

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Holy loving poo poo.

Apparently Alas Vegas is done and in final layout right now.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I won't believe that until people start getting copies, but I will laugh my loving rear end off if it manages to beat Far West.

Oh yeah, us suckers who backed FW are supposed to be getting Alas Vegas, too.

What the hell is Alas Vegas?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Relic Knights: Decent game but gently caress was the kickstarter mismanaged and momentum flopped.

Super Dungeon Explore: Decent enough game, but gently caress do they not know where to go with the rules anymore. The first edition should have been tweeked instead of tossed. Seriously, minor adjustments to 1st edition rules with the 2nd edition rebalancing would have been great.

Rail riders: I dunno, cool dice but seems pretty bland.

Ninja All-Star: Let's be honest: lovely bloodbowl.

Tentacle rape card games: Yeah. We usually bring it out at a con while we are drunk and want to be as socially awkward as possible. But not mass appeal for obvious reasons.

Way of the Fighter: See above, looks meh?

Put the nail in the coffin of Anima Tactics and Hell Dorado.

I still want to like Soda Pop, but they make it tough.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Let's not forget Robotech RPG Tactics. And while you can mostly blame Palladium, the original rules put together between them and Ninja Division (aka Soda Pop) were dull, minimum-effort miniatures rules. And that was even before Palladium got their hands on the controls of the veritech and angled straight for the ground.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A game that is not dogshit and will be delivered on time.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Peas and Rice posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Apparently Alas Vegas is done and in final layout right now.

I got briefly excited before I remembered that he just randomly refunded my pledge one day because I called him a scam artist after his 5th or 6th death in the family excuse.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
What do people think of the actual game behind the Mythic Battles: Pantheon kickstarter? I'm kinda thinking about backing on the strength of the people saying that Conan is good, but I could just wait for the next bones kickstarter.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

If someone put "Eurogame" in the dictionary I imagine the picture next to it would look something like this.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

jivjov posted:

I got briefly excited before I remembered that he just randomly refunded my pledge one day because I called him a scam artist after his 5th or 6th death in the family excuse.

Randomness has really stepped up its game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rand Brittain posted:

Randomness has really stepped up its game.

Perhaps 'random' was not the right word. But I never asked for a refund; I just got the email saying I had gotten one.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
7th Sea just updated Backerkit with a download of the preview for Heroes & Villains. Like with the core book this preview is pretty much the book, bookmarks and all. Haven't jumped into it in depth but I like that the 'heroes' section starts off with a nice clear section about playing heroes as the GM that focuses on 'remember this is a story you're ALL telling, stay interested in your players' stories even if the hero you're playing has a story to tell too'.

I also like that they're divided up nice and easy, you have the brawn, wits, style, and sneaky types all with their own section. Nice and easy to look for someone fitting your needs. I also like that the baddies all have a little bit on either how they can be redeemed or making it clear why they're too far gone to be saved.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

7th Sea is one of the few RPGs I wish I'd been able to back at the time, and I really don't even play them. Looks like even digital is going to be substantially more expensive than the KS scholar backer level.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LordAba posted:

If someone put "Eurogame" in the dictionary I imagine the picture next to it would look something like this.

I wish. Since Vital Lacerda began working with Ian O'Toole as regular illustrator his games have looked amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

What do people think of the actual game behind the Mythic Battles: Pantheon kickstarter? I'm kinda thinking about backing on the strength of the people saying that Conan is good, but I could just wait for the next bones kickstarter.

There's multiple videos of it being played you can watch and decide for yourself. It looks like it has some interesting mechanics with the way damage works and the deckbuilder-inspired activation stuff.