Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Nevvy Z posted:

I had a really fun facebook moment when a leftist posted a map of Cleveland support for candidates and said "I need to move away from all the Clinton supporters to where the Bernie supporters live."

Said map was basically a map of racial segregation in the greater Cleveland area.

*conveniently ignores who the majority of younger minorities voted for while deploying this sick own*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

paranoid randroid posted:

California really doesnt have all that much influence on the selection of candidates, and i dont think that railing against us as out of touch elites is particularly productive

We vote late enough we don't affect the outcome, it's generally been determined by the time it gets to us. It's also ignoring that while a decent chunk of the state is what you think as upper class elite, a massive amount of the Democratic base is most definitely not, and has been facing a lot of the same issues that should resonate well with elsewhere, namely ridiculous health care prices, low wages, corporate power loving things over, a massive need for infrastructure.

Coheed and Camembert posted:

He is Kansas' Secretary of State and he notably helped draft Arizona's SB 1070 immigration bill a few years back.

Yeah he's universally horrible, like "we really want John Ashcroft back" kind of horrible although I don't know how he compares to Gonzalez. He's also in the middle of some odd poo poo in the 2014 election, like "how Putin rigs his elections" level shady where people are asking for data and he's fighting that because statistically the data put out by the state is out of whack.

http://americablog.com/2015/08/mathematician-actual-voter-fraud-kansas-republicans.html
http://www.allgov.com/news/controversies/kansas-officials-fight-to-hide-voting-machine-records-150828?news=857293

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

McGovern lost in the direct aftermath of segregation, when the country was at its whitest. He was also up against Nixon, who literally criminally cheated.

The country is a very different place now. We need somebody like Campaign Obama who can stick to that when they win, and an equivalent Congress to go with it. None of this "public healthcare hinges on Joe loving Lieberman" garbage.

Yes, if we get another once in a lifetime president and also Trump doesn't cheat, we might have a chance!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Serious question, 6 days out of the election, anyone know for reals how Trump supporters seem to be reacting to his campaign's post-victory actions?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

On Terra Firma posted:

What's your email?

e: :doink:

Quorum fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 15, 2016

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

PerniciousKnid posted:

Speak for yourself, I'm seizing the party to keep it safe from impractical elitist ideologues like y'all.

Looks like the DNC is open to giving the keys to Ellison so you're doing a great job :bravo:

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I think the take away from bernouts is we need to pander to white men in colorado who are adamant about not voting for anyone but bernie in the general who also bitch about white exclusion.

Sounds good.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I think the take away from bernouts is we need to pander to white men in colorado who are adamant about not voting for anyone but bernie in the general who also bitch about white exclusion.

Sounds good.

"a big tent party sounds great so long as i am the tentpole"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Trabisnikof posted:

Yes, if we get another once in a lifetime president and also Trump doesn't cheat, we might have a chance!

We will not need a once in a lifetime candidate to defeat Trump. He is going to enter office with the lowest approval ratings of any incoming President and its all down hill from there.

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

boner confessor posted:

it's predominantly black, which is easy to forget when basically the race of a southerner switches in someone's mind depending on if the southerner is behaving as goofus or gallant at any time

Please google 'demographics of Mississippi'.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Trabisnikof posted:

I don't think Obama was a once in a lifetime person. We maybe won't have someone quite as good, but if we pull from younger candidate pools and preferably qualified minority candidates like Harris and Ellison, we can do it though. Trump isn't charismatic, Hillary just wasn't either so we couldn't leverage that.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

Not combined. George W. Bush deported 2 million, Obama has deported 2.5 million. It's still obscenely high, but saying that he's deported more than any other president combined is just flat-out wrong.

quote:

How does he compare to other presidents?

According to governmental data, the Obama administration has deported more people than any other president's administration in history.
In fact, they have deported more than the sum of all the presidents of the 20th century.

President George W. Bush's administration deported just over two million during his time in office; and Obama’s numbers don’t reflect his last year in office, for which data is not yet available.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/obamas-deportation-policy-numbers/story%3Fid%3D41715661?client=safari

GreyjoyBastard posted:

What are your objections to Obama's immigration policies?

For extra credit, how do they differ from Bush's, and what do the comparative numbers look like when you control for the Obama administration's revisions to data reporting? :v:

Really? What are my objections to Obama deporting more people than any other president? You're asking an immigrant this?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
e: removed, lets talk about something else already

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Covok posted:

Serious question, 6 days out of the election, anyone know for reals how Trump supporters seem to be reacting to his campaign's post-victory actions?

From talking to some of the Americans I know at work across the pond. They are apparently "somewhat peeved" that the swamp is in fact defining the man.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Covok posted:

Iirc someone went on /pol/ to take the temperature and it was somewhere between eleventh dimensional chess or the jew media got to him, so about as well as you could imagine they're taking it

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

boner confessor posted:

it's predominantly black, which is easy to forget when basically the race of a southerner switches in someone's mind depending on if the southerner is behaving as goofus or gallant at any time

Lol like 60% of Mississippi is white you dingus

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Business Gorillas posted:

*conveniently ignores who the majority of younger minorities voted for while deploying this sick own*

Sorry I didn't break down the map into crosstabs I'm sure that would have mattered. :rolleyes:

He wasn't a racist, he just wanted to move from where the minorities live to where the white people live on the basis of a correlation.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
6 days in and they're already turning on him. Or so I hope to keep my sanity.

If we're lucky, he'll only be in office 8 years and not indefinitely when he removes term limits and Peter Thiel jacks his mind off into the matrix and he controls us forever as God Computer Trump.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

boner confessor posted:

occupy was flawed from the start because without any kind of hierarchy or fixed agenda it was just a contest to see who could be most passionate

It was an anarchist experiment, more or less, on the theory that a movement without leaders could not be coopted by the establishment like, say, the Tea Party kinda was.

Mission accomplished :v: And it laid the groundwork and tested ideas for things like BLM, which is a similar decentralized model but has local leadership while retaining the same sort of constellations of affiliated groups.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

I haven't been on 4chan in years but I imagine a goon going in there is that scene in Ghostbusters 2 where they put the probe in the river of ooze

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Josef bugman posted:

From talking to some of the Americans I know at work across the pond. They are apparently "somewhat peeved" that the swamp is in fact defining the man.

Yeah but were they translating into British? For an American "somewhat peeved" represents a low level of frustration that might be soothed away by a walk in the woods or a beer with friends, whereas my understanding is that to a Brit "somewhat peeved" is a couple steps away from "foment treason."

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Sounds good.

Literally every person saying this poo poo was making plans for Hillary's coronation a month ago, seriously every one of them. You would think by accident one of them would have been even close to right about the election but nope.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Covok posted:

If we're lucky, he'll only be in office 8 years and not indefinitely when he removes term limits and Peter Thiel jacks his mind off into the matrix and he controls us forever as God Computer Trump.

Take a deep breath and step away from the Internet for a while. Just assuming he's going to be an 8 year President and then potential dictator for life because your going all nihilistic is stupid as hell.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Covok posted:

The ones I've spoken to pulled the lever and now they're patiently waiting for the reels to stop spinning to collect their jackpot

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Covok posted:

Even if 100% of Trump voters came back in 4 years we can beat him. We could probably run the literal same platform with a better candidate and win, though I wouldn't prefer that.

The statement, Trump didn't win, Hillary lost is the simplest summary of what happened here. The argument is over how to fix it, because the numbers don't back up any other thesis.

(Unless the numbers changed, the problem was that Democrats stayed home, moreso than they flipped Trump)

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Covok posted:

About as retarded as the posters on this forum who spout the "SHE'S A CORPORATE GLOBALIST" line as if they are smart, they say things like "let's see how he does may be the best president ever, give him a chance xD xD :)"

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Covok posted:

70% Trump county and no one is talking about the election anymore because normal people don't obsess about politics 24/7, we are the weird nerds.

Lightning Knight posted:

Even if 100% of Trump voters came back in 4 years we can beat him. We could probably run the literal same platform with a better candidate and win, though I wouldn't prefer that.

The statement, Trump didn't win, Hillary lost is the simplest summary of what happened here.

Yes, before anyone ODs on Ambien please understand this is true.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Lol like 60% of Mississippi is white you dingus

the democratic party of mississippi isn't, learn to read hombre

unless you can come up with an alternate theory as to why majority black counties in the south tend to vote democrat?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Maarek posted:

Literally every person saying this poo poo was making plans for Hillary's coronation a month ago, seriously every one of them. You would think by accident one of them would have been even close to right about the election but nope.
I'd rather have another 20 years of republican control than a democratic party that marginalizes minorities. I know bernie and you think otherwise, but that's why he lost the primary!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Really? What are my objections to Obama deporting more people than any other president? You're asking an immigrant this?

I was more poking at a general ignorance of the nitpicky details, including, vitally, the numbers. When adjusted for the inclusion of border control his numbers look a lot like Bush's, but with a shift towards people with criminal records and here without families, and away from longtime residents and immigrants with family members here.

I was hoping, ideally, for something like "he should be deporting zero non-criminals" or "minorities including immigrants are arrested and convicted at massively higher rates, therefore the criminal part is also bullshit" or even "free movement of labor helps counteract free movement of capital and therefore border controls themselves are bullshit".

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I'd rather have another 20 years of republican control than a democratic party that marginalizes minorities. I know bernie and you think otherwise, but that's why he lost the primary!

This doesn't really make sense because Republicans would be even worse.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Quorum posted:

Do sa.quorum@gmail.com, I'll edit it out later.

Got it. Check your email.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It was an anarchist experiment, more or less, on the theory that a movement without leaders could not be coopted by the establishment like, say, the Tea Party kinda was.

Mission accomplished :v: And it laid the groundwork and tested ideas for things like BLM, which is a similar decentralized model but has local leadership while retaining the same sort of constellations of affiliated groups.

Unfortunately "being co-opted by the establishment" is *success* in terms of a political movement.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Maarek posted:

They have tried to adopt the salt but I was born in it

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Yeah you're right, the Republicans won't marginalize minorities at all.

What is wrong with your brain.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

at least you know republicans are going to poo poo on non-whites regardless rather than making GBS threads on them out of a refusal to compromise in a political coalition, which isn't just dumb but hypocritical

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

XyrlocShammypants posted:

About as retarded as the posters on this forum who spout the "SHE'S A CORPORATE GLOBALIST" line as if they are smart, they say things like "let's see how he does may be the best president ever, give him a chance xD xD :)"

Interesting take but not nearly as smart as this guy:

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I genuinely believe we see between a 6.5 and 7.1% victory for Hillary and a 340+ EV win and he is forced to give a surprisingly gracious concession.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

BarbarianElephant posted:

Unfortunately "being co-opted by the establishment" is *success* in terms of a political movement.

Occupy did get co-opted by the establishment in the sense that the establishment sent in undercover agents to destroy it from within

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Best to remove their voice from from politics then :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I was more poking at a general ignorance of the nitpicky details, including, vitally, the numbers. When adjusted for the inclusion of border control his numbers look a lot like Bush's, but with a shift towards people with criminal records and here without families, and away from longtime residents and immigrants with family members here.

I was hoping, ideally, for something like "he should be deporting zero non-criminals" or "minorities including immigrants are arrested and convicted at massively higher rates, therefore the criminal part is also bullshit" or even "free movement of labor helps counteract free movement of capital and therefore border controls themselves are bullshit".

General ignorance of nitpick details? Those massive numbers of deportations that increased every year he was in office aren't even the whole picture.

Yea, he shouldn't be deporting so many people. Glad you agree with me guy.

Gracias por ser un imbecil.

• Locked thread