Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Truecon420 posted:

What issues have people been reporting? Does it happen with New 3ds as well?

Don't play pokemon for 5+ hour sessions or your 3DS might overheat. Just don't do the part before the or.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

deadly_pudding posted:

I was down on Incineroar until I read his bio about how he's literally a pro wrestler who loves being a role-model for the kids, but also isn't allowed to break character as a heel.

Yeah Incineroar has some objectively cool parts but I'm not big on wrestlers, hence my rating

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'm very unironically into all these teams that are 'x, and also Mimikyu'.

People who don't use Mimikyu are the worst.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Tatum Girlparts posted:

No, I want him [Mimmikyu] to see it[Raichu]. I want him to see what he's not.

Mods???

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Truecon420 posted:

What issues have people been reporting? Does it happen with New 3ds as well?

The game is absurdly slow in doubles and totem matches. They prioritized the music player so you don't get choppy audio from that, but with a full team the Pokeball pop in on the UI does stutter. Otherwise just the simple act of flying or going to a large area takes a few more seconds to load.

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

"L-O-V-E's just another word I never learned to pronounce."
S/M item location question, probably not spoiler-worthy but whatever: Where is the Soothe Bell at? I saw someone saying in the thread it was located fairly early in the game and I'm at the third island so I think I missed it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bogart posted:

If you put Raichu and Mimmikyu on the same team, you're a bad person.

Why? I bet those two would be best friends.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
My team will be whatever starter I pick and the Pokémon I like along the way

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Raichu is a nihilist these days , let Mimikyu have a few more years of naive optimism

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah Incineroar has some objectively cool parts but I'm not big on wrestlers, hence my rating

yea I love wrestling so a pokemon that's not just a wrestler like Hawlucha, but who hilariously has multiple things about their core nature that are wrestling jokes is 100% up my alley

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea I love wrestling so a pokemon that's not just a wrestler like Hawlucha, but who hilariously has multiple things about their core nature that are wrestling jokes is 100% up my alley

Same. He's a precious bab who is also an enormous cat man.

Still not enough to stop me from starting the game with Bird Orb.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Srebrenica Surprise posted:

S/M item location question, probably not spoiler-worthy but whatever: Where is the Soothe Bell at? I saw someone saying in the thread it was located fairly early in the game and I'm at the third island so I think I missed it.

I don't remember exactly where I got the soothe bell but I'm pretty sure it was late first island/early second island, because I had it when I caught an Eevee on route 4.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Incineroar's gigantic hands are freaky.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Harlock posted:

To everyone upset your new Poke friends won't be available until island 3 or 4 there is trading and breeding to get your desired friend

type:null can't breed and it sounds like there's only one in the game so there probably won't be a lot available to trade. :rip: me.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I'm surprised people are only using 6 Pokemon. Like the Exp. Share lets you have at least 9 or 12 Pokemon.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Countblanc posted:

Raichu is a nihilist these days

more like a hedonist

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Why? I bet those two would be best friends.

You're reminding Mimik of what it so desperately wants to be, but can't. :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Crosspeice posted:

I'm surprised people are only using 6 Pokemon. Like the Exp. Share lets you have at least 9 or 12 Pokemon.

Gen V EXP formula doesn't make that nearly as viable though.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Bogart posted:

Mimikyu just wants friends. The pikachu disguise just keeps people from running away from his scary ghost face.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

deadly_pudding posted:

OH drat THIS IS REALLY GOOD AND PURE

Now I want to make a Full-Time LARPers team around Decidueye. Mimikyu is also there.

Thank you friend. My challenge will be coming up with Puerto Rican wrestlers names for the Team, Chicky Starr will be Inceneroar since he is Heel as gently caress.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My Route 1 Pikipek was a LV42 Toucannon on the last island and I could have easily replaced it with a wild pokemon.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ElMaligno posted:

Thank you friend. My challenge will be coming up with Puerto Rican wrestlers names for the Team, Chicky Starr will be Inceneroar since he is Heel as gently caress.
Recommendation: Nacho Libre

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Really disappointed by the lack of Faticate and Heathcliff in all these teams.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Senerio posted:

Starter rankings this gen:
Rowlet
Popplio
Litten.

Agreed but the final stages reverse the order IMO. Just can't get into Decidueye but Incineroar is extremely my poo poo.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bogart posted:

Mimik is lonely wants to be loved, getting to hang out with and befriend a cool surfer version of his idiol would be awesome for him.

These two are going to be best bros for life. :3:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
This will be my Sun team

There are many good bug types again this gen and it makes me very happy.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Blaziken386 posted:

Recommendation: Nacho Libre

?????

I am not putting jack black in my team

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'm still undecided on which of the two water bugs to go with, so I've got the punchy dragon as a placeholder.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

This will be my Sun team

There are many good bug types again this gen and it makes me very happy.

kudos for boxing your starter, as Arceus intended when He created them

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

less laughter posted:

kudos for boxing your starter, as Arceus intended when He created them

The only time I have not boxed my starter on run 2+ was in Gen IV when all the starters were good and cool.

In Gen VI I wondertraded all of them too, because a non-hidden ability Kalos dude is kinda :effort:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hot tip: They are all good pokemans, brint.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I still can't get past a Alolan Raichu looking like it's made out of puff paint. All the rounded edges just don't look good to me. It's like somebody made the mesh for it and then put way too much turbo smooth on.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

what are y'all thinking for Popplio nicknames?

female nicknames are super easy what with all of the sea goddesses and opera singers and pop stars and whatnot

what about male popplios? any good inspiration?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Waffles Inc. posted:

female nicknames are super easy what with all of the sea goddesses and opera singers and pop stars and whatnot

Dame Edna.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Waffles Inc. posted:

I intend to reset for a female Popplio so I can breed a clutch of eggs and spread the happiness to people who made the wrong choice, so I would like to hear your thoughts on obvious female Popplio nicknames

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

TsuPaul

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Waffles Inc. posted:

Ziggy

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Frank Furter

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Waffles Inc. posted:

Eddie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ElMaligno posted:

?????

I am not putting jack black in my team
you gotta