Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
everdave
Nov 14, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Haha its still up to Danno to decide what his price will be and how I'll be able to cover it because I really don't expect him to just hand over a car for some internet cred no matter my history with a itchy. tfasty just like it.

We are all friends on the interwebs we can make this happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I want to go on time stamp record that although I expect to sleep tonight I am still feeling the tail effects of that tweaker energy shot 18 loving hours ago and feel like it has to fall afoul of somesort of analogue act somewhere

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I want to go on time stamp record that although I expect to sleep tonight I am still feeling the tail effects of that tweaker energy shot 18 loving hours ago and feel like it has to fall afoul of somesort of analogue act somewhere

Your next poo poo is probably gonna be something special.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Positive side is that it should help to abate your ADHD symptoms. A can for breakfast would be like taking a slow-release ritalin.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Terrorizing small town Nebraska.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata posted:

Positive side is that it should help to abate your ADHD symptoms. A can for breakfast would be like taking a slow-release ritalin.

Amusingly an hour after I took it I took an hour long nap where I dreamed I was day 1 flat rate green doing brake inspections and pad slaps on the BART light rail with 24,wheels and 48,pads the foreman expected measured and changed out between the time the doors open and close per stop or I was already behind book

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.sockmarket.com/products/the-middle-finger

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Well that's a great xmas gift.

To myself.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Quick semi-related question - how much do EMPI carbs suck? Like, is it a "this is fixable with some work" or "no matter what you do you're going to wish you had a Weber"? Looking for an IDA style carb.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Oh for those wondering, yes Dave's jeep made a blurb on the local radio's news.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

djdanno13 posted:

Oh for those wondering, yes Dave's jeep made a blurb on the local radio's news.

Cross media penetration is a hallowed goon staple.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

JESUS WEPT HE DOES :stare: just googled it and I'll get you proof tomorrow

Yesssss

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

mekilljoydammit posted:

Quick semi-related question - how much do EMPI carbs suck? Like, is it a "this is fixable with some work" or "no matter what you do you're going to wish you had a Weber"? Looking for an IDA style carb.

After 2k miles, the throttle shafts were worn so much, I was running lean, and they were impossible to balance.

I'd replace the bushings,, but they didn't have any. Just steel shaft on aluminum.

E: that's with the EPC34 carbs 14 linked earlier. The PO bought them for my bus, then immediately sold the bus to me. Worked fine up at the start of the trip in Portland, but by Phoenix, 3 days later, they were hammered.

I bet they get a lot of business from garage queen sales, where 500 miles is good enough. I heard EMPI was good, back when they were Empire.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 15, 2016

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

After 2k miles, the throttle shafts were worn so much, I was running lean, and they were impossible to balance.

I'd replace the bushings,, but they didn't have any. Just steel shaft on aluminum.

Well that's pretty... uh, "special". I was thinking that I could still hack it up enough to be good (I need to extend the float bowl anyway, what's a little more machining?) but real Webers are only about a hundred bucks more and I only need one. Thanks.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Went to Napa and Mr Needful wasn't there today. I showed the pictures of the truck to the guys working and the old timer said make sure I show the guy off today because "he knows everything you could ever wanna know about those old things." :stare:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
In before this gets a Napa sponsorship and they send out a team of wizards.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Truck needs gold wheels and blue paint

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Went to Napa and Mr Needful wasn't there today. I showed the pictures of the truck to the guys working and the old timer said make sure I show the guy off today because "he knows everything you could ever wanna know about those old things." :stare:

When you come back tomorrow he will just be gone. The old timer will say nobody else has worked here since 1969 and turn to look wistfully at a picture of the moon.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Seat Safety Switch posted:

When you come back tomorrow he will just be gone. The old timer will say nobody else has worked here since 1969 and turn to look wistfully at a picture of the moon. the NAPA Will be gone. A vacant dusty vacant lot will be all that remains. You will turn to leave, but not remember from whence you came. You wander, find a place to reset for the evening. When you wake, you are at home about to get ready for your first day at Firestone...

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

You, sir, are the devil

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Astonishing Wang posted:

Truck needs gold wheels and blue paint

And some fuckin hydros

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

When you come back tomorrow he will just be gone. The old timer will say nobody else has worked here since 1969 and turn to look wistfully at a picture of the moon.

"I'm sorry to differ with you sir, but you are the parts clerk. You've always been the parts clerk. I should know sir. I've always been here."

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You see, Lucille II here is a bit of a C-word.

I have really gotta shave this poo poo off.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Timbo
Jun 18, 2005

He was just another drifter who broke the law!
Thread delivers....

Whats the food situation out there. Care package request?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

14 BAR RIFF posted:

You see, Lucille II here is a bit of a C-word.

I have really gotta shave this poo poo off.

Nice to see you fixed your glasses. Any ideas sticking for the bellhousing/trans mount?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Nice to see you fixed your glasses. Any ideas sticking for the bellhousing/trans mount?

Don't worry about it :unsmigghh:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Don't worry about it :unsmigghh:

You're going to start a better fire, melt down what's left of the aluminum in the charokee and sand/dirt cast a custom cross member?

Our just literally don't worry about it and start driving, blessed be those who are unencumbered by worry.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Well, at least the driveshaft is supported for some of its length. That means something is holding the transmission up on both ends.

Good enough.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

If you set your bellhousing free and it comes back to you, it's your to keep.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Steel plumbers tape and zip ties

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

That's always a sign that things are going well.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Steering box relocation?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Dave, how's your shelter looking since the Jeep cooked? Looks like there might be some poo poo moving through in the next couple days.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

If anyone with PM's can send me the information for shipping, I'd like to send a care package up to the middle of nowhere.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

I'm inside.

Like this bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:woop: :siren: :parrot: :jiggled: :dance: :jiggled: :parrot: :siren: :woop: