Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Al! posted:

emo phillips how did you get in here??????? Dude male comedians arent supposed 2 be shamed, lets get a beer. Bro out with me emo. Come on emo

Awww... Now I want to hear some grables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

NumberLast posted:

Umm, r u OK?

Oh sorry. Emo philips is spelled with one l

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Al! posted:

Oh sorry. Emo philips is spelled with one l

I can't tell if that's a real person.

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm
https://twitter.com/youbsanctioned/status/798663192536895492

So Tom Cotton will be SecDef, we'll bomb Iran and then Russian will bomb Poland in response. I keep wondering how this will get worse and am never disappointed

Edit: I guess in keeping with the thread does the minority party have any power to keep us out of an armed conflict?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

mrmcd posted:

Nah but I would legit marry Abbi from Broad City reformed hillbot or no.

:tutbutt:

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

NumberLast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3fAcxcxoZ8

Deimus
Aug 17, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

[forces american people into indentured backbreaking servitude to pay off loans to build his yuge luxurious infrastructures so he can put his name in gold on them]

"I told you I'd bring you jobs. Just the best jobs." :smugdon:

Hot take: this is how our economy runs in the first place.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

bradburypancakes posted:

So Tom Cotton will be SecDef, we'll bomb Iran and then Russian will bomb Poland in response. I keep wondering how this will get worse and am never disappointed

Edit: I guess in keeping with the thread does the minority party have any power to keep us out of an armed conflict?

gently caress

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Deimus posted:

Get that class awareness out of here, chief. This is the democrats thread.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Why did the only possible not terrible thing about trump, that he might not be a Neoconservative Warmongerer, have to turn out to be a total lie

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

NumberLast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3fAcxcxoZ8

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Deimus posted:

made in the usa~ :ocelot::grin:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i just wanted to say that emo philips shtick has gotten frankly weird now that he's like 50

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

if human pencil tom cotton becomes sec of state we're def going to war with iran

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

bradburypancakes posted:

so far about 50 people have been reported as being locks for each seat, so id take things with a grain of salt for now

the final pick will definitely be extremely bad, though

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

do ya'll think the army needs designers

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/youbsanctioned/status/798670506794827776

lol.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

zen death robot posted:

Did the "bomb the poo poo out of them" and "bring back waterboarding and more" stuff not tip you off?

I think we were hoping that he was merely manipulating his support base into voting for him.

You've got to be quicker than that. :smug:

GlobglogGroAbgalab has issued a correction as of 00:37 on Nov 16, 2016

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

Karl Barks posted:

do ya'll think the army needs designers

Got to have the Hugo Boss tailoring for the troops.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Did the "bomb the poo poo out of them" and "bring back waterboarding and more" stuff not tip you off?

i thought he would carpet bomb syria with his pal Putin and then otherwise be an isolationist, as thats what he seemed to imply during the campaign. Cotton basically means we'll be in invading Iran in the next year.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

zen death robot posted:

This was foolish

Hope for the best, brace for the worst.

I'm not shocked, though. I'm a depressive. Bad news fits me like a glove.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Zythrst posted:

Got to have the Hugo Boss tailoring for the troops.

new troop outfit gang

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
yeah no trump's gonna put a warmonger in every position that is involved in war

get ready for the forever war part 2

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
just a chill carpet bombing campaign, two swole autocrats going on a bit of an adventure together like gilgamesh and enkidu, no boots on the ground, no biggie

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

logikv9 posted:

yeah no trump's gonna put a warmonger in every position that is involved in war

get ready for the forever war part 2

In the name of job security. The best chance for him to win a second term is if war were declared and stretched beyond 4 years

GlobglogGroAbgalab has issued a correction as of 00:49 on Nov 16, 2016

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
reminder that trump pretended to oppose the iraq war just to dunk on jebby, favored it from the start in reality

hes going to have the most brutal people. believe me.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i thought he would carpet bomb syria with his pal Putin and then otherwise be an isolationist, as thats what he seemed to imply during the campaign. Cotton basically means we'll be in invading Iran in the next year.

there is no :lol: big enough

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
hey uh you guys realize Trump and his idiots has to have the cooperation of the Pentagon if he wants to blow up Iran, right?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
there was nothing, nothing redeemable about trump. drain the swamp? more like drain the swamp directly into the white house. isolationism? more like nuke everybody until we are the only ones left

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Well What Now posted:

hey uh you guys realize Trump and his idiots has to have the cooperation of the Pentagon if he wants to blow up Iran, right?

phew!!

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

logikv9 posted:

there was nothing, nothing redeemable about trump. drain the swamp? more like drain the swamp directly into the white house. isolationism? more like nuke everybody until we are the only ones left

Maybe this is the timeline where Iraq becomes a state before Puerto Rico.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

not being in favor of incrementalism was a redeeming quality apparently

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

trump hasn't even appointed a SecDef or even talked to the military yet and you're already certain war gonna happen day one we all gonna die

calm the gently caress down, the poo poo happening right now is bad enough without making wild guesses about what might happen later

though I do agree, :lol: at you Sheng

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Just wanted to say, super thanks for this thread. I work a stressful job and I hate people, but it inspired me to try to get more involved.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its ok you guys he has a plan to solve the middle east

kill their families

remember? That plan he had???? To kill their families??????!!

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Zythrst posted:

Maybe this is the timeline where Iraq becomes a state before Puerto Rico.

I'm p sure that my front gate squeaked in that timeline.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Al! posted:

kill their families

the plan has been expanded to kill the families of everyone who could be a terrorist, thus preventing them from having terrorist ties in the future by ?????

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Al! posted:

kill their families

Trump wants to intentionally target civilians and start torturing again.

Well, he said he wanted to do these things. Will he? Donno. But he said he wanted to.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Grondoth posted:

Well, he said he wanted to do these things. Will he? Donno. But he said he wanted to.

trump won't actuall do the things he said on the campaign trail, says nervous liberal for 7'th time this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Grondoth posted:

He's a goldfish that's why these appointments are horrifying.

eta- like seriously we need Obama or somebody to invite him for breakfast every week or something.

• Locked thread