Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Cool Buff Man posted:

Horford's probably gonna play tomorrow and Crowder should be back in a week or so. You should be all set

thanks man

euphronius posted:

Just go to see Rootbeer Barrell. He's pretty awesome rn.

i can only work up the wherewithal to go down there once or twice a year, so i usually try to find a game that's balanced/affordable (raptors rockets tickets are quite expensive, must be a bunch of secret canadian expats here i don't know about. and they'd probably kick our rear end anyway).

but yeah jim is amazing, his stepback is so predictable and yet effective in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I think we can all agree that Maverick Carter, Rich Paul, LeBron James, Savannah James, or even Lebron James Jr could do a better job of running the Knicks than Phil Jackson.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

EvanTH posted:

Maybe you'd like me once we got past the lack of shared premises? Maybe some ideal of Christian Kindness, or if you're not religious perhaps a general sense of having to hold oneself to a higher standard than the rest of the mob? I don't know man we all have to find our own reasons for charity in this tough and cynical world.

watch out that's how you summon it from the mirror space

You loving suck. Dexo's made this super clear and it just doesn't click with you at all.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dexo posted:

Uhh have you been under a rock. If this year has taught me anything it's never ever stop shaming people and never let offensive poo poo get normalized.
Yeah that's why that was just me sarcastically miming Evan post election

I like basketball

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Adun posted:

I think we can all agree that Maverick Carter, Rich Paul, LeBron James, Savannah James, or even Lebron James Jr could do a better job of running the Knicks than Phil Jackson.

They're doing a good job with the cavs.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Adun posted:

poo poo the collective hivemind of this dumb forum could do a better job

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 16, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I like basketball

Sorry then have literally seen people parroting this unironically recently too much to pick up on it.

Basketball is okay so long as the 3 Alpha's are active.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 16, 2016

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dexo posted:

Did I loving say Phil was racist?

I've only said I get why Maverick and LeBron would be pissed about Phil just carelessly dismissing his business team.

How can a baller not call his people anything but Inner Circle?

Also, Phil had the amazing timing to coach Jordan and Kobe Bryant. Guess he feels like he has to come out with a phillipic about the next generational talent guy, even if it's stupid.

I'll see myself out

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'm just glad everyone has clearly finally come along to Pop always having been better and cooler than Phil in every way :)
I even guarantee he'd be more fun to get high with, Phil's no Bill Walton he can't hide his obvie nonchillness behind incense and yoga mats or whatever he fucks with

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

chunkles posted:

thanks man

i can only work up the wherewithal to go down there once or twice a year, so i usually try to find a game that's balanced/affordable (raptors rockets tickets are quite expensive, must be a bunch of secret canadian expats here i don't know about. and they'd probably kick our rear end anyway).

but yeah jim is amazing, his stepback is so predictable and yet effective in person.

Oh you are in Houston ?

I'm sorry.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
while i dont agree with him on the dangers of a pie to the face, i agree about the loaded use of the word posse and its bad

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Hahahahahahahahahaha Dwight is such a dick.

https://twitter.com/ClevisMurray/status/798566569114796032

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
He's no Ostertag the Great
https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidLu87820719/status/798570274916421632

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Dexo '20

Maybe not as, like, president or anything but I'd support you as domestic policy advisor.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

Hahaha gently caress yourself x4

The first thing a black person who gets wronged is asked to do is forgive and forget. To bite their tounge. Or get an appeal to their religion and Godliness. We always are forced to be above the fray and be the bigger man. While people continue to say and do offensive poo poo to us. I'm frankly tired of it.

Hell yeah you sound motivated! What's step one? I mean aside from saying "gently caress you" several times to me personally

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Don't worry I caught it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Is Derrick Rose going to be able to get a contract next year? I feel like he's going to try to hold out for way more than he's worth, because he thinks he's worth more than a bench guy, and then get passed over in free agency.

Then again, there are a lot of dumb GMs.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sVZrQ86NRo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Dexo send me your address I'm going to mail you some of the mo-effin World Famous, an ice cold cruiser (beer), and a copy of Pro Wrestling Guerilla's Battle of Los Angeles 2015 Night 2

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Dexo posted:

Why should someone be constructive to a disingenuous rear end in a top hat.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

april 2017, ride or die.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

EvanTH posted:

Hell yeah you sound motivated! What's step one? I mean aside from saying "gently caress you" several times to me personally

Don't worry I caught it.

I'm doing my best with what little platform I have to tell people who are being offensive assholes that they are being offensive assholes.

Also it's not really on me, the oppressed or the offended to stop assholes from being offensive. Kinda on the assholes themselves. All I can do is tell them they are being assholes.

So I mean. Go gently caress yourself on a pentagram.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bashez posted:

Is Derrick Rose going to be able to get a contract next year? I feel like he's going to try to hold out for way more than he's worth, because he thinks he's worth more than a bench guy, and then get passed over in free agency.

Then again, there are a lot of dumb GMs.

He'll take a 1 year minimum contract to join a playoff team or the Mavs or something under the narrative that he is doing it to get his career back on track (nevermind no one else offered him a real deal). He'll then either do well enough to get a longer term deal from someone trying to hit the FA lottery or do poorly enough to end up with a nebulous injury then either retire or sign a middling deal with the Kings or Nets or someone who is trying for a few headlines because what the hell else are they going to spend their MLE on?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

I'm doing my best with what little platform I have to tell people who are being offensive assholes that they are being offensive assholes.

Also it's not really on me to stop assholes from being offensive. Kinda on the assholes themselves. All I can do is tell them they are being assholes.

So I mean. Go gently caress yourself on a pentagram.

If its any solace (it's not) everyone else here also thinks EvanTH is an rear end in a top hat too.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Apparently it's the last Circus Trip.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

french (ish) players throwing heat at eachother

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

BWV posted:

If its any solace (it's not) everyone else here also thinks EvanTH is an rear end in a top hat too.
meh not really and regardless a debate of whether or not phil jackson's use of posse is racist (it is, but in the way that a drunk uncle is racist) is the stupidest loving hill to die on. can we please move on.

chunkles posted:

french (ish) players throwing heat at eachother

yo what loving emojis are THOSE

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

BWV posted:

Not really.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This feels like the 2016 argument of the word thug.

It was wrong too.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

at the time did we ever argue about the dress code? I wonder if there's an archived thread out there with all of us supporting it.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/cakesbaseball/status/798673468514562048

This is beautiful

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

somwhow all of those are less terrifying than the king cake baby mascot

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

BWV posted:

at the time did we ever argue about the dress code? I wonder if there's an archived thread out there with all of us supporting it.

The dresscode is racist bullshit, but in hindsight it eventually led us to the hilariously dumb poo poo athletes are wearing now. So I guess it's a wash.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

The dresscode is racist bullshit, but in hindsight it eventually led us to the hilariously dumb poo poo athletes are wearing now. So I guess it's a wash.

players wore hilarious dumb poo poo before too. 13 year old me didn't get the bright idea to buy a baby blue velour suit on my own.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

LeBron_Draft_Suit.jpg

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

BWV posted:

players wore hilarious dumb poo poo before too. 13 year old me didn't get the bright idea to buy a baby blue velour suit on my own.

Velour suits aren't dumb. People just don't understand true high fashion anymore.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Dexo posted:

:agreed:

Dumb racist bullshit and backlash to George Karl dressing like eminem led to some unexpectedly amazing fashion. Beats the hell out of the boxy Big and Tall suits you'd see athletes wear in nice occasions/broadcasts before that.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

:agreed:

Dumb racist bullshit and backlash to George Karl dressing like eminem led to some unexpectedly amazing fashion. Beats the hell out of the boxy Big and Tall suits you'd see athletes wear in nice occasions/broadcasts before that.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Dexo posted:

this is the correct take

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Mateen Cleaves is like one of eight totally forgettable Cavs lottery picks from the pre-Lebron post-Mark Price era

e:gently caress that's a pistons hat i am totally off my game

Declan MacManus fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

also I googled Mateen Cleaves to see if that was actually him and it turns out he's accused of sexual assault

is nothing sacred

• Locked thread