Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's what they made Savitar look like? Well that's disappointing.

I'll take it over his weird inverted-T-shirt comics costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Was expecting a cool shirtless dude. Was disappointed. I mean, he still looked like pretty decent CGI, but that's kinda lame cause they'll obviously be showing less of him to deal with budget.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

If this season doesn't culminate in some sort of speedster gurren lagann team up bullshit the writers have failed this show.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It's just kind of predictable that the main villain is an even faster and scarier looking villain with a new lightning color. By next season the villain will be a literal 10ft tall CGI demon with super speed and let's say green lightning (called Speed Demon obviously). I can't even extrapolate 2 seasons from now...

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

What the gently caress did they do to Savitar???

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Scyantific posted:

What the gently caress did they do to Savitar???

Turned him into a Michael Bay transformer?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: Wally. Turned into some kind of lava pillar or whatever. Don't touch talking rocks kids

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Guy A. Person posted:

It's just kind of predictable that the main villain is an even faster and scarier looking villain with a new lightning color. By next season the villain will be a literal 10ft tall CGI demon with super speed and let's say green lightning (called Speed Demon obviously). I can't even extrapolate 2 seasons from now...

Marvel did it.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Pyroi posted:

Iris is great

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The only Iris gif I want is her knocking Wally the gently caress out

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Wait, so Alchemy isn't the season Big Bad, he's just a stepping stone to Savitar?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Pyroi posted:

Wait, so Alchemy isn't the season Big Bad, he's just a stepping stone to Savitar?
I think it's the other way around.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I really don't like Wally. I liked when he got punched.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lotus circle posted:

I think it's the other way around.

Yeah I think what's being hinted at is some kind of power within the stone itself. Like my guess was they were gonna unmask Alchemy and it would be Julian but that would be a red herring because he was possessed by the stone

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nooneofconsequence posted:

I really don't like Wally. I liked when he got punched.

He's a really poo poo actor. That's the main problem.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
People can hack into my car over wi-fi and take it over? Should I be concerned?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Guy Goodbody posted:

They can view your heat signature through security cams. You should be very concerned.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Rhyno posted:

He's a really poo poo actor. That's the main problem.

I have to re-do every line he speaks in my head with the inflection I think it was supposed to have. It's really distracting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spergatory posted:

I have to re-do every line he speaks in my head with the inflection I think it was supposed to have. It's really distracting.

God drat it. Now I'm going to start doing this.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I love them missing the obvious option of Cisco and Caitlin training together with their new powers in the vibe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guy A. Person posted:

No, Black Racer, full on 70s Kirby with the skiis and everything.

Also, I'd like to vibe Caitlin :quagmire: :pervert:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

an underrated moment in the episode was HR putting the moves on Cecille while Joe fumed in the corner

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pyroi posted:

Iris is great

I love that her super power has basically become not giving a solid gently caress. :allears:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:rip: Wally. Turned into some kind of lava pillar or whatever. Don't touch talking rocks kids
I figured that was part of the husking process. He'll be on hold for a few episodes while they do the crossover then come out and molt.

I hope they have a moist hide box for him to crawl into.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Knormal posted:

I figured that was part of the husking process. He'll be on hold for a few episodes while they do the crossover then come out and molt.

I hope they have a moist hide box for him to crawl into.

PSST. HEY, CW! This would be an excellent excuse for him to mysteriously transform into a different actor. Just saying. :ninja:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Carlosologist posted:

an underrated moment in the episode was HR putting the moves on Cecille while Joe fumed in the corner

The drumsticks are fukcing killing me.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

8one6 posted:

I love them missing the obvious option of Cisco and Caitlin training together with their new powers in the vibe.

Or even better

"I HAVE TO GO CISCO"
"NO YOU DON'T"
"STAY OUT OF MY WAY *hucks ice*"
"OH poo poo *vibes it mostly away*"

I really believe in my heart we're going to end up with Good Killer Frost. Maybe they'll rename her Snow or something instead. (I mean I know that's the point of her real name but it's right there.)

I just want Kaitlyn to be an awesome superhero is that so much to ask :saddowns:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

Or even better

"I HAVE TO GO CISCO"
"NO YOU DON'T"
"STAY OUT OF MY WAY *hucks ice*"
"OH poo poo *vibes it mostly away*"

I really believe in my heart we're going to end up with Good Killer Frost. Maybe they'll rename her Snow or something instead. (I mean I know that's the point of her real name but it's right there.)

I just want Kaitlyn to be an awesome superhero is that so much to ask :saddowns:

She'll be renamed to Super Murder Double Frosty with a Cherry on Top

Blame HR

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
people complaining about Wally/Keiynan Lonsdale should probably take a step back and reassess why his performance "annoys" them so much when similar acting from Gustin gets a pass.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

DoctorWhat posted:

people complaining about Wally/Keiynan Lonsdale should probably take a step back and reassess why his performance "annoys" them so much when similar acting from Gustin gets a pass.

I trust Gustin's acting.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Hahaha I feel kind of bad for the Randolph March or whatever his name is stand in actor. They were like " gently caress having to hire someone else throw some science at why we see him just as HR".

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

DoctorWhat posted:

Grant has the ability to inflect even if he's not the best actor around.

Wally sounds like some dude dragged off the street reading a cue card.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

i mean, no, he really doesn't.

folks in TVIV have never seen BAD acting, like drat

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Mostly he's got a bit of a weird tone in his voice due to being Australian -- I think most of the Aussie CW actors share the same vocal coach, and they end up sounding a bit samey. It's a bit of a deep, grumbly tone. Maybe I only recognise it because I'm Australian, I dunno.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gluten Freeman posted:

Mostly he's got a bit of a weird tone in his voice due to being Australian -- I think most of the Aussie CW actors share the same vocal coach, and they end up sounding a bit samey. It's a bit of a deep, grumbly tone. Maybe I only recognise it because I'm Australian, I dunno.

Huh. Well, I never would have guessed he was actually Australian, so there you go. The guy's perfectly fine for a network TV actor on a hokey genre show. I don't know what everyone's getting all agitated about.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I can guess.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I liked Wally pointing out that Barry is a gently caress up. I also liked Iris laying him out with 1 punch. Wally serves a useful purpose on the show.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is actually possible; and could be much worse:

"Though I hadn’t touched the dashboard, the vents in the Jeep Cherokee started blasting cold air at the maximum setting, chilling the sweat on my back through the in-seat climate control system. Next the radio switched to the local hip hop station and began blaring Skee-lo at full volume. I spun the control knob left and hit the power button, to no avail. Then the windshield wipers turned on, and wiper fluid blurred the glass."

I hope we get a villain that can be defeated by hip-hop next.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

DoctorWhat posted:

Gustin has a lot of charisma and is a lovable dork lead. I don't really think the two are that comparable. Lonsdale's demeanor actually reminds me more of Amell, but I'm betting it's likely to be the direction/writing. Sullen teen boy is pretty boring to me, just as emo Barry was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Wally is fine, the actor is fine. He's just a dude that wants to go fast.

• Locked thread