Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

Lol. this nigga say fartdollar

Gas coin. Get it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

Gas coin. Get it?

I actually didnt get it, but still liked reading the word fartdollar anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Gas coin. Get it?

Oh lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Father Fartdollar

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Father Fartdollar

New album drops 2017

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

In Training posted:

It would have been if there was a bloodborne boss that used the rally system themselves
Heaven

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

im glad at least a few appreciate fartdollar because i donno how to pronounce gascoigne

put on my thickest snootiest french accent and go GAHSKHWAAAHHNNN maybe

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

Actually I did some chalices too and I have like +32% from gems that's probably why

that and the +8 :P

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh poo poo it's the mother loving crow
What up father G

HIT THIS poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Is it blood? I'm guessing blood.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i now hate the vidoegame bloodborne thanks to forums user cialpas adn his avatar

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

i now hate the vidoegame bloodborne thanks to forums user cialpas adn his avatar

duramboros just wants some grass man

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i don't think anything could make me hate bloodborne

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i don't think anything could make me hate bloodborne

It's still probably the best game I've ever played

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yay finally beat up that goddamn nerd padre pooquarter by the skin of my teeth, but mainly because i accidentally used the tiny music box after he'd hulked out

imagine my surprise that it actually worked in that form and i got a free visceral

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

also i'm still not sure about the trading life for bullets thing, seems of dubious value even when I'm running totally dry on bullets?? please advise

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
There are guns and weapons that use more bullets so you might find yourself running out but have some extra blood vials or be near a crowd you can rally. I use it a lot later when it's easier to farm for items.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

also i'm still not sure about the trading life for bullets thing, seems of dubious value even when I'm running totally dry on bullets?? please advise

its really good when you don't need to heal as much, which is once youre practised enough to make it through areas without taking any real damage. and there are certain things you can do with it that you wouldnt be able to do otherwise, but again, thats the kind of thing you figure out on your own.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
personally i use it so often that i rarely shoot a regular bullet since i hate running out while fighting bosses. for the same reason i reload after like every single shot i take in metal gear solid too provided i have space to do it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I have now died to the elevator boss in n o mensis about ten times

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

cool, thanks for the advice, i'll keep an open mind

also i just got enough str to use the kirkhammer, i've always liked hammers in games, and uh?? this thing rules, i didn't realize it was a SWORDHAMMER

i should really pay more attention to item descriptions, especially in a souls game

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 16, 2016

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

cool, thanks for the advice, i'll keep an open mind

also i just got enough str to use the kirkhammer, i've always liked hammers in games, and uh?? this thing rules, i didn't realize it was a SWORDHAMMER

i should really pay more attention to item descriptions, especially in a souls game

the kirkhammer is my #1 favourite weapon :-]

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

The Oedon Writhe runes let you get bullets back with viscerals but any that you get over your max aren't stored like normal bullets are.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I love the way your char tilts forward and falls around while swinging it because of how crazy heavy it is

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

I.N.R.I posted:

its really good when you don't need to heal as much, which is once youre practised enough to make it through areas without taking any real damage. and there are certain things you can do with it that you wouldnt be able to do otherwise, but again, thats the kind of thing you figure out on your own.

First thing I did when I loaded up Bloodborne was accidentally use blood bullets :whitewater:

I was like wtf did I just do??

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

you can regain usually 80-90% of the health lost from blood bullets if you have an enemy nearby, so I always go for it

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

There will never be a better animation thanthis:
https://youtu.be/XNEtwD5jNnU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

HolePisser1982 posted:

you can regain usually 80-90% of the health lost from blood bullets if you have an enemy nearby, so I always go for it

As you should. I was standing in the clinic in my ugly foreigner clothes (I'm already so loving indoctrinated with yharnam blood I look at my rags and go "look at these foreigner bullshit"). And just lost 60% hp and got +5 ... "silver knives??"

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

as soon as every new character stands up in the clinic my first action is always taking off the shirt and hood. I really love the hanging suspenders on the foreigner trousers paired with being bare chested and bandaged up. makes me feel badass

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

In Training posted:

I love the way your char tilts forward and falls around while swinging it because of how crazy heavy it is

The switch combo is also looks great

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I love both of the blade of mercy transform animations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The sound design is loving amazing for everything

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

The sound design is loving amazing for everything

HEadphones + upper cathedral is epic as gently caress

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

That feel when you're cruising along enjoying chalices and remember this is the one that ends with Rom 😳

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Benny D posted:

That feel when you're cruising along enjoying chalices and remember this is the one that ends with Rom 😳

I don't know this feel because I don't enjoy doing the chalices.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

DESTROYING the end of the game with my +10 chikage and then Ludwig just crushes my
Soul

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Benny D posted:

DESTROYING the end of the game with my +10 chikage and then Ludwig just crushes my
Soul

gently caress him up hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Whenever the going gets tough I know I can go back to the dream and load my scythe up heavy as gently caress and kill whatever.

I was farming cold abyssal on the elder and being way too meek. Started rushing him hard and destroying him and it felt so much better. :shopkeeper::shopkeeper: