Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

Self sustain is only really powerful when your support goes down. That said, Roadhog and Soldier 76 are definitely both really good, and I would prefer if it both had some healthpacks, and a point to cap after a certain amount of time ala tf2 to prevent cheesy stalling tactics.
Yeah, a point needs to open up after awhile to force a confrontation, preferably with a single healthpack somewhere else on the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Lucio and Mercy in the 1v1 would take literally forever to end, since they can easily restore the health if you miss just one shot.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
Sombra owns. 3s own. 1v1 magical mystery duels own. Some good rear end video game times friends.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Can the MMR find someone bad enough for me to beat One on One? Yes.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I seem to be unable to adjust the keybindings of ALL my hero’s. The game is only allowing me to adjust like two-third of them. After doing so I will get disconnected from the server when saving more changes..Does anyone knows how to fix this? I’ve already contacted Blizzard to no avail and I see the same problem occurring at the blizzard forums some now and then without any response from Blizzard self or any wokable solution whatsoever. Now I can play about 15 hero’s. When I feel like playing one of the hero’s outside of this rebinded group I need to reset all, which is terrible already, and choose another 15 hero’s I would like to play and think about which hero’s i do not want to play. It’s really annoying as my key set up is completely different from the default as I am a lefty and have a lot of functions binded onto my mouse. I don’t even use AWSD to give you an idea. Plz halp

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Cut off your left hand to force yourself to learn how to play right-handed?

Really, though, sucks to hear about that :(

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Regalingualius posted:

Cut off your left hand to force yourself to learn how to play right-handed?

Really, though, sucks to hear about that :(

Funny thing is, I used to play with a right handed trackball for years. Mostly strategy games and RPG’s though. Somehow my Phara play was relatively good, manouvring and aiming with phara using a Logitech trackball on my right thumb (lol) went really well. At the end of S1 I decided to get a decent left handed (Razer) mouse and a mechanic (Steelseries) keyboard because i felt like trying really hard to get gud and eventhough it improved all my hero’s I still am not as effective with Phara as I used to be with the trackball during season 1

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I did 1v 1 Sombra during test and that was a long drawn out and ridiculous affair. where the gently caress are ya.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Sombra: "Knowledge is power, that is why I became a hacker"

*shoots a robot monk in the face with a submachine gun*

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Klaaz posted:

I seem to be unable to adjust the keybindings of ALL my hero’s. The game is only allowing me to adjust like two-third of them. After doing so I will get disconnected from the server when saving more changes..Does anyone knows how to fix this? I’ve already contacted Blizzard to no avail and I see the same problem occurring at the blizzard forums some now and then without any response from Blizzard self or any wokable solution whatsoever. Now I can play about 15 hero’s. When I feel like playing one of the hero’s outside of this rebinded group I need to reset all, which is terrible already, and choose another 15 hero’s I would like to play and think about which hero’s i do not want to play. It’s really annoying as my key set up is completely different from the default as I am a lefty and have a lot of functions binded onto my mouse. I don’t even use AWSD to give you an idea. Plz halp

I'm a lefthanded mouse user and like it legit hurts sometimes to do wsad with my right hand but I've mostly trained myself to do it, although jumping with a spacebar you press with your pinky just feels awkward as gently caress. It's probably why I still prefer to play on console though. For me I have a mouse that lets me bind letters to my mouse keys and putting 'E' there has really helped.

===

I don't really enjoy the 1 v 1s or 3 v 3s that much but also 6 v 6 no limit and the playlist shuffle are both loving hell. The team with the competent healer and either D.Va or Winston beats the full 6 Sombras every time but convincing people to do that on the PS4 is hard.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
You know what's terrible? 1v1 symmetra.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Kashuno posted:

You know what's terrible? 1v1 symmetra.

Does it basically involve both of you making GBS threads out turrets and then spamming M2 at one another until someone gets bored enough to kill themselves?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
People just hope you wander into their parlor and will literally wait until the draw, but most people suck at setting up turrets and also for some reason try to generally replace any turrets you take down so you just kill one and wait for them to replace it slightly out of sight and come in and then cook them alive.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Rick posted:

I'm a lefthanded mouse user and like it legit hurts sometimes to do wsad with my right hand but I've mostly trained myself to do it, although jumping with a spacebar you press with your pinky just feels awkward as gently caress. It's probably why I still prefer to play on console though. For me I have a mouse that lets me bind letters to my mouse keys and putting 'E' there has really helped.

===

I don't really enjoy the 1 v 1s or 3 v 3s that much but also 6 v 6 no limit and the playlist shuffle are both loving hell. The team with the competent healer and either D.Va or Winston beats the full 6 Sombras every time but convincing people to do that on the PS4 is hard.

i know that he can't really rebind stuff but why wouldn't you use pl;' instead of wasd if you're left handed

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Slime posted:

Does it basically involve both of you making GBS threads out turrets and then spamming M2 at one another until someone gets bored enough to kill themselves?

The way I won was once he was visible to me I could see where he kept stepping back so I just went down there and laid turrets near his but just out of sight, then rushed in, took some damage, and backed out into my own death trap.

It was horrible and I never want to do it again.

The other one I really didn't enjoy was d.va 1v1. If you are the first one out of mech but the enemy has really low hp congrats you won because you will get your mech back significantly earlier and murder them

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Rick posted:

I use the arrowkeys for movement, Numlock 0 for jumping (pinky) , Numlock 1 for status and the other numbers for emotes/communication and such. End key for muting my mic. Everything else is binded on my mouse. Works fine but I can't make them default for every hero because the lay out may differ quite much in between tanks and dps'ers for example.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'll be honest: you leftie mouse users freak me the gently caress out.

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

Klaaz posted:

I had this last patch. The fix was to reset EVERYTHING to default and start making the whole thing over again. Takes a few minutes, but being able to play all the heroes is worth it. I think their patch process breaks this on the regular. I haven't installed it yet, so I'm looking forward to doing this all again myself. EDSF for life.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

IronicDongz posted:

it owns actually

Mystery duel rules, I love the intros and the Antarctica environment actually makes it feel really tense.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

Dragongem posted:

Mystery duel rules, I love the intros and the Antarctica environment actually makes it feel really tense.

It's like John Carpenters: The Thing but instead of a deadly mimicking alien it's a nerdy Chinese scientist, a Korean gamer girl in a mech-suit and Skating Brazilian DJ out to kill you. (Much more scary)

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Slime posted:

No, it involves running full-on directly at each other and the first person to lock the beam on wins. It's a 12 second pointless round. Sombra's kind of the same. Just run each other down and shoot, better aim wins.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I'll be honest: you leftie mouse users freak me the gently caress out.

I am a leftie but i still use my mouse in the right hand

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Klaaz posted:

I'm unable to change soldier's reticle from dot to circle for some reason. However, i was able to change ana's reticle.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
So I remember hearing for the junkenstien event if you had regular unopened regular loot boxes before the event started, they turned into halloween boxes once it began. So would it make sense to try to have some saved on hand now? I know at very least it would work to save some coins anyways. Nice to see the updates finally live, though I can't see my self using sombra anytime soon outside no limit and mysterious choice games. She's going to be slammed picked for the next while, she is a cool character though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Shnag posted:

So I remember hearing for the junkenstien event if you had regular unopened regular loot boxes before the event started, they turned into halloween boxes once it began.

Pretty sure this is false.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
The most degenrate 3v3 combo is still Roadhog, S:76 and Ana. Despite nerfs, all three will still generate their ult stupid fast. They have really insane self sustain, stupid high DPS (They can bust a Reinshield in 4s) and Ana's sleepdart will make or break a round. Nanoboosted Soldier annihilates as a win condition so you can't let the round drag on very long or you're hosed, which means walking into Hog hooks.

Zarya, Lucio and Sombra might work to break it, Sombra generates ult fast enough that an EMP may allow you to dive the Hog and win.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shnag posted:

So I remember hearing for the junkenstien event if you had regular unopened regular loot boxes before the event started, they turned into halloween boxes once it began. So would it make sense to try to have some saved on hand now? I know at very least it would work to save some coins anyways. Nice to see the updates finally live, though I can't see my self using sombra anytime soon outside no limit and mysterious choice games. She's going to be slammed picked for the next while, she is a cool character though.

You are wrong to think this, stupid to believe it would ever be feasible, and a loving embarrassment to your family for lacking the cognitive faculty to let it past what most people call a bullshit filter. I can't loving believe anyone would get duped like this anymore since it's easily checkable but here we are, like a child asking about whether poop really does taste like chocolate.

No, you can not "bank" boxes. For any event. Ever. The boxes are seeded upon bring earned and cannot be changed.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

RCarr posted:

Pretty sure this is false.

It is completely false. Loot boxes contents are generated when they show up in your inventory so you can't "save" them for anything. If I had to guess the opening lootbox animation was just changed to the "halloween" animation for the boxes already in your pile and someone took that and ran with it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

You are wrong to think this, stupid to believe it would ever be feasible, and a loving embarrassment to your family for lacking the cognitive faculty to let it past what most people call a bullshit filter. I can't loving believe anyone would get duped like this anymore since it's easily checkable but here we are, like a child asking about whether poop really does taste like chocolate.

No, you can not "bank" boxes. For any event. Ever. The boxes are seeded upon bring earned and cannot be changed.

whoa buddy

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

:ssj:

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

FAUXTON posted:

You seem a little tense. It was actually from this thread where i saw that rumour which is why I asked. A simple "no" would have sufficed.

Cowcaster posted:

It is completely false. Loot boxes contents are generated when they show up in your inventory so you can't "save" them for anything. If I had to guess the opening lootbox animation was just changed to the "halloween" animation for the boxes already in your pile and someone took that and ran with it.

Ah ok, this makes sense then. Though banking coins will still work though.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

FAUXTON posted:

So does it taste like chocolate or what? Quit holding out on us.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

lmfao this post

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

i am angry over video game boxes and the questions about them

loving look how i type, im so god drat smart, my friends on reddit are the only one who appreciate me

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

But real talk,

Jeza posted:

So does it taste like chocolate or what? Quit holding out on us.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do you guys understand what a "joke" is?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

RCarr posted:

Do you guys understand what a "joke" is?

yes, which is why everyone's confused

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jeza posted:

1v1 seems kinda goofy, can't imagine how hard it is to win a 1v1 Lucio duel. Must take forever. 3v3 seems quasi-moronic because there are no healthkits (that I can see?) so heroes with self-sustain are brutally overpowered compared to those without. Something like Lucio, Roadhog and Mei can crush nearly any lineup. That's only general first impressions, I'm sure people will figure out some degenerate combos/gimmicks.

Rein, Ana, McCree annihilates that lineup.

Self sustain is really good in 3s, but basically nothing is better than a really good Ana. Her healing is through the roof, her DPS is good, grenade shuts down enemy self sustain, and landing sleep dart is basically a guaranteed pick for your team.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

:laffo: omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

FAUXTON posted:

We've ascended to a higher state of posting.