Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

a new study bible! posted:

Also the 5-0 Vikings when their defense looked unstoppable

Here's the thing, those teams are actually mediocre as well, as evidenced by the fact that they are 5-4 and 4-5 respectively. Sometimes we think teams are good early and then they actually aren't. "We beat them before it became clear that they suck" isn't a compelling argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Food for thought: Nobody in the NFL is good.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

shyduck posted:

Food for thought: Nobody in the NFL is good.

except the NFCE of course

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Febreeze posted:

except the NFCE of course

* Disclaimer does not apply to the Eagles

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

The NFC East is the least worst division in football.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I would expect the Giants point differential to skyrocket over the next two games, provided they don't do the typical Giants thing and lose against teams that have all but quit

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
When Romo is ready to play, will that mean Kirk Cousins is no longer one of the top four QBs in the division?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

When Romo is ready to play, will that mean Kirk Cousins is no longer one of the top four QBs in the division?

bad timing bro, Romo had a press conference today to announce that Dak has earned the starting spot and will continue to play.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

blue squares posted:

bad timing bro, Romo had a press conference today to announce that Dak has earned the starting spot and will continue to play.

But also Romo being healthy enough to play means that Cousins is no longer a top 4 QB in the division

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Btw, the top four are Romo, Dak, Eli, and Sanchez, obv

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Kirk Cousins is better than Eli Manning. There I said it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nodoze posted:

Kirk Cousins is better than Eli Manning. There I said it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I hate Eli, but that gif belongs in a goddamn museum. Jesus.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

This gif reminded me that Jimmy Graham recovered from his patellar tear before Cruz did.

Too bad he can't recover from being wasted on the Seahawks.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Romo got benched the same week that Tribe released a new album/single and specifically mentioned Romo2Witten.

Makes you think.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
Q-tip should have shoe horned a McQuarters reference into the verse.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Why do people want Desean Jackson back in Philly? He's hurt all the time, isn't a good blocker, wants the ball more than he will deserve it, and his yards per catch have declined in 3 straight years. Also lmao at people bemoaning Jordan Matthews catching but forgetting Stonehands Jackson. He literally fumbled the most memorable play in his Philly tenure. I loved his time in Philly but this is not a Sproles situation.

Quick, a quiz - how many seasons has Jordan Matthews' catch% been higher than Desean Jackson's best? Hey it's all of them.

I want a guy younger than 30 that's going to block the gently caress out of the run and screen game. I know the Eagles line up 11 most of their snaps but they also ran 12 plays with 6 linemen and they run 3 tight ends. Of course I want AJ Green on the Eagles instead of literally anyone that splits out wide, but I also want a solution and not a placebo.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'd be fine seeing if Djax still had anything left at this point. He can't be any worse than Agholor. The drop % between him and Matthews isn't the greatest comparison either given how involved Jackson has always been in the deep passing game.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yall are crazy if you take Jackson over the dudes we have now. Agholor seems busted, but you need to give him a year or two more to see. Just look at Crabtree.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
michael crabtree was orders of magnitude better than nelson agholor in his second year, and that was with the magic tandem of alex and troy smith throwing him passes

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You never know how these things will go. He's looking like a bust but there is hope and there's nothing our team can do to address the issue this season if we believe he is indeed a bust.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Agholor seems busted, but you need to give him a year or two more to see.

oh my god you are the loving worst and are so dumb

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Jackson would at least give us a deep threat. Even if its a decoy because lets be honest at the moment no team is buying that were going to throw deep

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Jackson would at least give us a deep threat. Even if its a decoy because lets be honest at the moment no team is buying that were going to throw deep

But...Bryce Treggs....

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Agholor still has 2 years on his rookie contract. Let him see it out. It's not like anyone is going to trade for him.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Agholor still has 2 years on his rookie contract. Let him see it out. It's not like anyone is going to trade for him.

Let me tell you about the Clevland Browns...

On the subject of Treggs though. He looks like he could be good..not seen enough yet but I do think we need someone we can send out as a deep threat consistently.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

SunkCostFallacy.txt

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

SunkCostFallacy.txt

Only unless they are going to fill his cap space.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Maybe we can trade Agholor for Dennis Kelly

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

shyduck posted:

Maybe we can trade Agholor for Dennis Kelly

Its gonna be a long time before anyone named Kelly is going to be allowed back to the Eagles

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Speaking of, considering we are right a bit over halfway into the season....how has this Pederson+Roseman thing worked out?

We were looking at 3-4 wins the entire season going in. Instead of have PFF's #1 rated defense and special teams, what definitely appears to be our franchise quarterback FINALLY, and a coach who's very adaptable and very smart. Also, we could be flirting with 10-11 wins and sneak into the playoffs. Oh, and Roseman got our first round pick back for us. Pederson & Roseman have found themselves to be successful recruiters in the draft and free agency (Wentz obviously the big win, but other than the disaster of the first week, Big V has played decently, Jalen Mills has been admirable for a late late round pick. Then, Brandon Brooks is rated as a top 3 guard this year and Nigel Bradham & McCleod have been tremendous)

We dumped DeMarco....who admittedly would have added a whole new dimension to Pederson's offense we've been missing until last week. But gently caress DeMarco. Big loving Baby. Nobody is missing any of the Kelly cast offs (Byron lol). Kiko is doing well in Miami, but our LB core has been fantastic. Also, Chip Kelly has only won 1 game this year and has to deal with a toxic QB that is a social rights activist that doesn't vote and has stupid idiot hair.

Yay Eagles :)

89 fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 16, 2016

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

89 posted:

Speaking of, considering we are right a bit over halfway into the season....how has this Pederson+Roseman thing worked out?

We were looking at 3-4 wins the entire season going in. Instead of have PFF's #1 rated defense and special teams, what definitely appears to be our franchise quarterback FINALLY, and a coach who's very adaptable and very smart. Also, we could be flirting with 10-11 wins and sneak into the playoffs. Oh, and Roseman got our first round pick back for us. We dumped DeMarco....who admittedly would have added a whole new dimension to Pederson's offense we've been missing until last week. But gently caress DeMarco. Big loving Baby. Nobody is missing any of the Kelly cast offs (Byron lol). Kiko is doing well in Miami, but our LB core has been fantastic. Also, Chip Kelly has only won 1 game this year and has to deal with a toxic QB that is a social rights activist that doesn't vote and has stupid idiot hair.

Pederson hasn't been perfect, but hell, I think he should stay a couple more seasons at least.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Pederson & Roseman are infinitely better at evaluating talent than Chip Kelly. Almost every free agency and draft pick they've made have hit. Couple of busts (Green-Beckham), but overall have done a very good job.

Although, thanks Chip for Jordan Hicks. He rules. Lane Johnson also rules, but doesn't read the ingredients label on the back of anything he consumes. Jordan Matthews will be tremendous when he has a stud WR to take the load off his shoulders.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

89 posted:

We were looking at 3-4 wins the entire season going in. Instead of have PFF's #1 rated defense and special teams, what definitely appears to be our franchise quarterback FINALLY, and a coach who's very adaptable and very smart. Also, we could be flirting with 10-11 wins and sneak into the playoffs. Oh, and Roseman got our first round pick back for us. Pederson & Roseman have found themselves to be successful recruiters in the draft and free agency (Wentz obviously the big win, but other than the disaster of the first week, Big V has played decently, Jalen Mills has been admirable for a late late round pick. Then, Brandon Brooks is rated as a top 3 guard this year and Nigel Bradham & McCleod have been tremendous)

We dumped DeMarco....who admittedly would have added a whole new dimension to Pederson's offense we've been missing until last week. But gently caress DeMarco. Big loving Baby. Nobody is missing any of the Kelly cast offs (Byron lol). Kiko is doing well in Miami, but our LB core has been fantastic. Also, Chip Kelly has only won 1 game this year and has to deal with a toxic QB that is a social rights activist that doesn't vote and has stupid idiot hair.

Hating DeMarco Murray just makes ya look drat crazy.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Shinjobi posted:

Seriously. He was hilariously mis-used and wasted by the Eagles

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shinjobi posted:

P much I mean I guess Ryan Mathews hasn't broken somehow but demarco is right behind David Johnson and Zeke this year.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

Seriously. He was hilariously mis-used and wasted by the Eagles

Yeah but we stole him away from the Cowboys so it was worth it.

But then the Cowboys didn't have a running back so they drafted Ezekiel Elliott.

unintended consequences. :argh:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NotWearingPants posted:

Yeah but we stole him away from the Cowboys so it was worth it.

But then the Cowboys didn't have a running back so they drafted Ezekiel Elliott.

unintended consequences. :argh:

Given Demarco's success so far this season, I think Cowboy opponents would have been hosed either way.:smug:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

89 posted:

Couple of busts (Green-Beckham), but overall have done a very good job.
DGB was worth the relatively low gamble, and I think they understood that from the jump. I dunno what it is with DGB, but he plays like he's 5'6" rather than 6'5".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

shyduck posted:

DGB was worth the relatively low gamble, and I think they understood that from the jump. I dunno what it is with DGB, but he plays like he's 5'6" rather than 6'5".

And suffers from trampoline hands

• Locked thread