Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Some mother fuckers never heard of lip balm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

lol numbing lipstick

Apparently it's a thing. However if she's not sharing drugs :sever:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

supernatural blonde posted:

Tbf there are some lipsticks these days that have some crap in them that makes your lips swell and plump up like a dollar store lip-job, but in this case she's probably just a cokehead.

oooor he's just an inexperienced weirdo who has never had a rough kiss and doesn't drink often
nah it's probably coke or numbing lipstick

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
She's got to be chowing down on the blow to make someone else's mouth numb. In all the nights my husband and I partied, I never had that happen when I kissed him.

Maybe she's tucking a rock between her lip and gum like a big old hunk of chaw.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I use pretty hardcore plumping lip stuff and it burns like crazy and numbs my mouth

it makes me look sexy af tho :cool:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

supernatural blonde posted:

Tbf there are some lipsticks these days that have some crap in them that makes your lips swell and plump up like a dollar store lip-job, but in this case she's probably just a cokehead.

That would be cinnamon oil, and that poo poo burns and numbs, but I've never noticed it affecting other people. It usually wears off after a while. It's more like she ate something he's allergic to, but doesn't know he's allergic. Or it's just rough kissing.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I think it's poison lipstick, a daring but risky revenge tactic or the smoothest of hitwoman

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
When i was in my early 20s i went on a date with this woman i met at a bar who was probably 15 years older than me. She wanted to go to a gay bar which was fine but a little strange for 2003. Things were fine until she went to the bathroom and was gone for like half an hour. When she came back half her face was was paralyzed from what I assume was a mountain of coke. She talked about ELO for like 40 minutes (sounded like a stroke victim the entire time) then started to make out with me. After a minute or two of that she went back to the bathroom and the bartender was like, "dude what the gently caress are you thinking?" I sort of shrugged it off and wasn't really phased by it at first but she wound up being gone another 20 minute when a guy I sort of knew through mutual friends came over and was like, "sweety you need to get the gently caress out of here before that bitch eats you alive." I left at his insistence.
Later on I found out she was wandering around with some dude her age looking for me because they wanted to take me home.

I like to think I had two guardian angels that night.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
no poo poo you dodged a bullet, the woman was ranting about electric light orchestra and you didn't immediately flee the bar? you could have ended up at a sketchy apartment listening to loving alan parsons project and rush until dawn. no amount of coke is worth that

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

Tato posted:

no poo poo you dodged a bullet, the woman was ranting about electric light orchestra and you didn't immediately flee the bar? you could have ended up at a sketchy apartment listening to loving alan parsons project and rush until dawn. no amount of coke is worth that
If I had been just a year older i would have been insulted enough by her not sharing the first time that I would have walked on our tab.
I'm pretty sure the plan was to farm me out to her friend. Turns out I wasn't the first gorgeous young straight dude she had taken to that bar with that in mind.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Tato posted:

please

there are actually innate differences between the sexes

no woman is going to make anyone listen to Rush

:biotruths:

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

LGD posted:

please

there are actually innate differences between the sexes

no woman is going to make anyone listen to Rush

:biotruths:

you seem awfully eager to... roll the bones

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Ignis posted:

I think my best friend of 8 Years (18 M) is in a cult, should I save him and how? or throw in the towel and give up?
I feel this wasn't getting enough love.

Friend showing disloyalty. Should we replace the best friend position or punish him accordingly until he falls into correct behaviour again? The whole cult thing seems to be the least of this guy's problems.

His parents sure did a number on his head when it comes to how relationships work. Can't wait until he marries some woman and makes her miserable.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I find my 22G[F] embarrassing because she lacks common sense. What can I do?

quote:

I've been dating Maria for 6 months now. She's a sweet, kind and loving partner. Dont get me wrong, she's smart academically, on the deans list and received scholarships to a pretty well known university. However, she lacks common sense and logic and I'm embarrassed by it.

The following examples are true and Maria strongly feels this way without exaggeration. One time i walked her home during a thunderstorm because she forgot her umbrella. When I dropped her off, she told me to take a taxi back instead of walking because I might be struck by lightning. She tried making me a k-cup coffee by emptying the contents into a cup and adding hot water, oblivious to the machine two feet away. Another time we were eating lunch together indoors and I left my water bottle uncapped as I was drinking from it. She told me not to do that because a mosquito might fly into it and lay eggs. She constantly says we can afford 5 children on our combined entry level incomes. Another time she argues that pyramids couldn't have been man-made and that aliens from outer space built them. There are other petty examples such as asking me if she needed to wash an apple with soap before eating, if the pumpkin on my desk will still grow, having to draw out which way the battery goes in instead of recognizing +/-, calling cologne perfume and referring to goosebumps as "goosechickens". The list goes on..

It's embarrassing having to teach Maria things that a sensible 12yo would know. Heck, i was the one who taught her how to use the microwave and she's 22.

I don't know what to do. I feel embarrassed having to teach her things she should already know. Am I insecure about having an illogical gf who doesnt 'think'? I don't think you any amount of communication can help.

Tl:dr: My gf lacks common sense, logic and problem solving skills. I find it embarassing and don't know how to approach this
aw :3:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh, to be 17 again...

How do I [17M] stop getting boners every time my girlfriend [17F] makes physical contact?

quote:

I just got my first girlfriend about a week ago and she turns me on so much. Every time she hugs me I can smell her perfume and I get an instant boner. Or if she puts her head on my shoulder and I put my head on hers and I can feel how soft her hair is, I get a boner right away. And it's not just like a random boner, they're really really hard boners. And then I'll keep thinking about how amazing it felt to hug her later and I keep getting boners. She came over my house a few days ago and we were watching a movie and she put her head on my shoulder and I put my head on hers and it just felt so good. But I was wearing pajama pants so the boner I got was very conspicuous and I'm pretty sure she saw it. I'm so embarrassed by it. I don't want her to think I'm a pervert or something and I don't want her to think that I'm just trying to get in her pants. What do I do?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

Oh, to be 17 again...

How do I [17M] stop getting boners every time my girlfriend [17F] makes physical contact?

Enjoy it while it lasts, kid.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I find my 22G[F] embarrassing because she lacks common sense. What can I do?
aw :3:

Calling cologne perfume may be accurate, you whiner! The concept of scents just for males is a marketing ploy.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

WampaLord posted:

Oh, to be 17 again...

Give her the d.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

He should try crawling backwards out of the room while meowing.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Trevor Hale posted:

Calling cologne perfume may be accurate, you whiner! The concept of scents just for males is a marketing ploy.

she was talking about the city Cologne

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

yoloer420 posted:

Guy should start cleaning the tray himself, start feeding the cat, smoking weed with it.

Basically become the person from that other post who cat jacked his roommate.

This. Cleaning a cat box takes like 5 minutes every other day. If the place is so cheap and convenient he should just get over it and do it.
I also laughed at the bedroom being so small he had to squeeze between the desk and the wardrobe. Yes my bedroom is so small theres hardly any room between the personal jacuzzi and the massage station.

Throw in hjs "i have to huff cat poo poo" declaration and ita obv this op is a bit of a princess

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.
lol, goosechickens

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

WampaLord posted:

Oh, to be 17 again...

tell the woman you are dating & who is presumably attracted to you that she gives you a boner

if she is horrified by this, maybe do not date her

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

china bot posted:

tell the woman you are dating & who is presumably attracted to you that she gives you a boner and you'd like to give it back to her

:riker:

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

china bot posted:

tell the woman you are dating & who is presumably attracted to you that she gives you a boner

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I don't know why you dont just cut out all this middleman bullshit and send a dickpic

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AyWH7Z9kCA

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Darkhold posted:

His parents sure did a number on his head when it comes to how relationships work. Can't wait until he marries some woman and makes her miserable.

Better hope she likes taking the guy to Wendy's

WampaLord posted:

Oh, to be 17 again...

Being 17 is such a magical time :allears:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

WampaLord posted:

Oh, to be 17 again...

lol the whole thread is unironically describing boner hiding techniques to him

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Drunk Nerds posted:

This. Cleaning a cat box takes like 5 minutes every other day. If the place is so cheap and convenient he should just get over it and do it.
I also laughed at the bedroom being so small he had to squeeze between the desk and the wardrobe. Yes my bedroom is so small theres hardly any room between the personal jacuzzi and the massage station.

Throw in hjs "i have to huff cat poo poo" declaration and ita obv this op is a bit of a princess

do you live in kowloon walled city or something

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol the whole thread is unironically describing boner hiding techniques to him

Hahaha I know. "Flip it up into your waistband" doesn't really work when you're wearing pajama pants and lying next to her on the couch, though.

Really the ultimate solution is to point to it and go "So what are we going to do about this?" with the :smug:est look possible.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Have they not had sex yet or what because if you are a teenager constantly getting boners because your teenager girlfriend is touching you there's a pretty obvious solution

Out of all the reasons for unwanted teen boners I think "my girlfriend who is dating me touched me intimately" is near the bottom in terms of awkwardness quotient

e: I've said this before, but growing up in a red state must be weird

loquacius fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 17, 2016

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Maybe he's mormon.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My [25M] GF [26F] is Refusing to Attend My Family's Holiday Parties Because My Cousin [22M] Said Some Disrespectful Things About Muslims

TL;DR:

My GF is refusing to attend my family's holiday parties because my parents didn't speak against my cousin saying disrespectful things about Muslims. GF now wants me to talk with my parents to see exactly what they think of her before she reconsiders coming to the parties.

Background:

I'm white, GF is black. We've been together for 2 years. I live with my parents, she lives with hers. Over the past year and a half she has been spending every weekend over. Her family doesn't really do holiday parties and mine do. My family usually has Thanksgiving, xmas eve (mom's side), and xmas day (dad's side). GF has come to all the parties last year.

Situation:

On Sundays my brother and his wife usually come over to my parents and we all hang out and watch football/hockey. Well, 11 days ago one of my cousins decides to come over with his gf [21F] and their toddler. At some point in the day, my cousin and his GF start saying some very disrespectful things about Muslims and people from the Middle East. My family is all pretty non-confrontational so we just agree or disagree with them, we just focused on the TV and kept the conversation going.

My GF decided to leave early, and as her and I were saying goodbye outside, she started crying. She said that if that's what my family thinks about Muslims, what do they think of her Muslim friends, her LGBT friends, her or her family? I reassured her that I love her, my family loves her, and that they have no bearing on how I view her. Fast-forward to a couple days ago, she's saying she refuses to go to my family's holiday parties this year.

She said that in order to reconsider coming to the parties, she needs to know exactly what my parents think of her. That by them not saying that they don't condone disrespectful comments in their house, it's just as bad as saying it. She says she doesn't want to be in an awkward situation where she is constantly thinking they are just nice in public and hate in private. She wants me to sit down with my parents and talk about what happened and how it hurt her. What they really think of her. I think she should be there with me, so my parents can talk with her as well. Apologize to her face instead of me just say, "They apologized." As of right now, my parents now that my GF feels hurt, and expressed remorse to me and apologized to me, but my GF wasn't there at the time, I've told her this.

I'm very close with my family. I love my GF so much and it hurts that there's such a rift between them.

Question:

Should I have a talk with my parents on my own and relay the info to my GF? Should my GF be present with me when I talk to my parents? What do I even say when I talk to my parents?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

not funny

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
must suck having family members who support trump

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
This one is sorta funny but also sorta sad. I went into it laughing at the idiot manchild who can't deal with his fetish and ended up really sorry for the woman consigned to her fate.

Me [25F] with my husband [27M] 10 years, recently discovered he has a fetish and I don't know how to handle it.

quote:

Clarifying really quickly that we have not been married 10 years, that's how long our relationship has lasted so far.
I don't know where to start, to be honest. A little bit of this is just to get it off my chest because the topic is very sensitive and I can't talk to anyone close about it for his sake - so random strangers on the internet it is, I guess. But here it is: The husband and I have been dating since high school. We got married recently (last year) and it came up around 6 months ago that he's into ABDL (for those of you who don't know, that's the fetish/lifestyle for adults who are into being/pretending to be infants). It's not really anything that super affects our relationship - he doesn't ask me to do anything I'm not comfortable with - so I thought I was cool with it. A little weird, yes, but I love this man so whatever.
Fast forward six months. I'm in grad school and it is extremely stressful. Husband has gotten more into the fetish community and I have gotten more and more uneasy about it. It finally blew up recently when he said something along the lines of being worried that he might be bi/gay because he would be okay with being with a man if said man was into the same fetish. IIRC, this came out because we haven't been having sex as much and it's...a little bit of a turnoff to think that your partner is more into other things than you.
Clarifying: I don't care if my partner is bi. It was the idea that this fetish was so important to him that he was seriously reconsidering his sexuality + his later admittance that he's had to think of his fetish during sex that freaked me out. No one likes feeling like they're some sort of marital duty.
Cue more than a week of me having moodswings, panicking, going through the five stages of grief, etc (bonus: I had a test to study for during it orz ). I was/am still an anxious mess. I was/lowkey am terrified of everything from 'he's going to leave me for some other fetish person' to 'I'm just a cover for him.' Then it was 'I am trapped in a loveless marriage' to 'I am undesirable to the person I love most in this world.' And now...
Now seeing anything related to his fetish makes me anxious. I can't pass by the baby section of a grocery store without feeling a little sick. I love him but the idea of intimacy makes my skin crawl after all this.
We have talked about what we're going to do. We both want this to work - we haven't been together for around a decade because we hate each other. Plus...neither of us will benefit if we break up. In the most practical sense, I get a roommate who wakes me up on time (regular alarm clocks do not work at all, I could sleep through a bomb) and makes sure I eat decently, he gets a roommate who nags him into cooking healthy meals and helps him with getting through another round of school. Not to mention that whatever else, neither of us wants to leave the other high and dry, and we're probably stuck together for the next year or two anyway.
'So why are you asking us for help?' I just...I'm hoping someone will have some advice on how to hang on for two more years, or how to get over my aversion, or just...when is the appropriate time to give up and make an OKC account, I guess.
tl;dr: Husband recently discovered his love of 'being a baby' fetish. I thought I was cool with it until bad feels poo poo happened and now I've developed an aversion/phobia to it. We love each other and want the best for the other, but I don't know if I can continue this relationship. Bonus round: from a lifestyle standpoint we're going to have to stay together for the next year or two anyway.

Eh, at least she's still young.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Troposphere posted:

I use pretty hardcore plumping lip stuff and it burns like crazy and numbs my mouth

it makes me look sexy af tho :cool:

Use Tiger Balm. It's probably cheaper.

Women seem pretty hardcore about this appearance poo poo. Maybe I should try some minimalist makeup and moisturizer. I bet that would put me ahead of most men.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what the gently caress does orz mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Lockback posted:

This one is sorta funny but also sorta sad. I went into it laughing at the idiot manchild who can't deal with his fetish and ended up really sorry for the woman consigned to her fate.

Me [25F] with my husband [27M] 10 years, recently discovered he has a fetish and I don't know how to handle it.

Eh, at least she's still young.

I honestly and earnestly believe that it's generally a bad idea to marry someone you started dating in high school. Like, she was 15 and he was 17 when they began dating apparently and if they had broken up during college/after high school he could've developed his fetish without worrying about how it affects his partnership as much and she could've gotten emotionally invested in someone who was past the period where people tend develop their sexual personalities.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what the gently caress does orz mean

It's like a little person kneeling down with their head on the ground, usually signifying disappointment or frustration orz. Like a precursor to smdh.