Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

LionArcher posted:

Also, what's up with the strategy guide not coming out till next week. WEAK.

Why would you buy a strategy guide nowadays when internet is a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I'm watching the Sun/Moon anime and it's really cute and it's making me wanna play the game noooowww. But with my luck, it probably won't show up 'til saturday. :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

First Wondertrade!

Away with you Yungoos!

Hello... Caterpie...
gently caress

Where's my shiny exploited Litten :colbert:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Infinitum posted:

First Wondertrade!

Away with you Yungoos!

Hello... Caterpie...
gently caress

That's what you get for tossing away your detective rat. :colbert:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

First Wondertrade!

Away with you Yungoos!

Hello... Caterpie...
gently caress

Most early exploiters are banned for using online services.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here are my trades thus far

Yungoos -> Caterpie - > Wingull -> Caterpie -> Yungoos

The system works! :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shiny Eevee :toot:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Infinitum posted:

Here are my trades thus far

Yungoos -> Caterpie - > Wingull -> Caterpie -> Yungoos

The system works! :v:

wonder trade just how I remembered it.

Infinitum posted:

Shiny Eevee :toot:

ya lost me

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

mandatory lesbian posted:

quote:

Yes, but what timezone? We've got four. Five if you count Hawaii Alola.

why wouldn't you count hawaii Alola you monster

:colbert:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Early Wondertrade is a beautiful thing. Seeing the world progress with you, we are all trading the same garbage together. Unity

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kelp Plankton posted:

Early Wondertrade is a beautiful thing. Seeing the world progress with you, we are all trading the same garbage together. Unity

As opposed to Wondertrade a month from now, where the system will be clogged with all the rejects from my Koffing Eugenics program or whatever.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

hahahahaha just got a Yungoos named Trump

That's my idea!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

deadly_pudding posted:

As opposed to Wondertrade a month from now, where the system will be clogged with all the rejects from my Koffing Eugenics program or whatever.

looking forward to flooding the wondertrade market with my trubbish and alolan grimers, literally dumping garbage onto my fellow members of the community

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Avalerion posted:

Why would you buy a strategy guide nowadays when internet is a thing.

For these games I just want the nice hard bound book. Last one I bought was for red dead redemption and I like sifting through the pages.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wait did the game come out today? I thought it was tomorrow?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wait did the game come out today? I thought it was tomorrow?

Australians.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ah dang, well congrats you guys :v:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Wait, australians got a game first?
2016 really is an rear end-backwards year.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I can't wait for them to do Pokemon in the analogous Australian region (Gdaemate?) and every Pokemon is half poison type and awful and hateful

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
When does Smogon update their pokedex for the new gen? I like the quick glance at stats/abilities/moves.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Disargeria posted:

When does Smogon update their pokedex for the new gen? I like the quick glance at stats/abilities/moves.

I've been using this today just to help blow the hours till I can play. http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/game/sun-moon

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Calaveron posted:

I can't wait for them to do Pokemon in the analogous Australian region (Gdaemate?) and every Pokemon is half poison type and awful and hateful

the koala pokemon gets an evolution at last, with the Stop The Boats ability. It's the worst, gently caress this generation, how did that pokemon poison ME?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Does anyone know what times the game switches between day and night?

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Out of curiosity, is there anywhere with like, a route breakdown of Pokemon yet? I'm always a sucker for catching everything possible before moving on, and I know with leaks and stuffs the games have been in the wild for a bit.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

on the bored wop posted:

Look outside. If you have moon, invert what you're seeing.
(in all seriousness, if it's like the other games in the series, I think it swaps at 6 or so. 6am-6pm is day, 6pm-6am is night.)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The anime was super cute and fun to watch :) Really liked the visual gags, specially the Bewear bit. It'll be nice to watch it now and then when it's dubbed and the puns are catered to me.
Hope Cartoon Network gets it on the air soo- Disney XD?? http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-moves-to-disney-xd-with-a-big-movie-debut/

I really, really, really hope that move is the start of something big. They had the Nintendo World Championship air on Disney XD last year, maybe Disney and Nintendo are doing some partnerships? i'd kill for a Splatoon cartoon on DXD or a Mario feature done by Disney Animations or Pixar.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The anime was super cute and fun to watch :) Really liked the visual gags, specially the Bewear bit. It'll be nice to watch it now and then when it's dubbed and the puns are catered to me.
Hope Cartoon Network gets it on the air soo- Disney XD?? http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-moves-to-disney-xd-with-a-big-movie-debut/
Bewear was goddamn terrifying.
Also, the animation was super cute.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

In Canada here, I'm making GBS threads my pants over the lack of Amazon shipping my product too. I called them yesterday and they said it was due to leave yesterday and be here before 8PM tomorrow. If it's going to come that late though I may as well just go to the store and buy it.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
My Pokemon Sun Amazon order hasn't shipped yet either. I'm worried. I hope it ships later this evening with overnight shipping or something. I should have just gone with eShop, but $32 plus release day shipping seemed awesome...

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

The Golden Gael posted:

In Canada here, I'm making GBS threads my pants over the lack of Amazon shipping my product too. I called them yesterday and they said it was due to leave yesterday and be here before 8PM tomorrow. If it's going to come that late though I may as well just go to the store and buy it.

Same for my friend and I. Both of us have Prime accounts. Next time I'll just get it from the eShop and eat the $10 Prime discount.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I think this is the first game in the series where I actually want to use the first route trash Normal-type. Gumshoos is extremely good.

I'm going to pretend pokemon has an "undertale genocide" mechanic and slaughter every last one of the Gumshoos in game until there are no more.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I really, really, really hope that move is the start of something big. They had the Nintendo World Championship air on Disney XD last year, maybe Disney and Nintendo are doing some partnerships? i'd kill for a Splatoon cartoon on DXD or a Mario feature done by Disney Animations or Pixar.

Cartoon network was really getting restrictive on their format and restricted the introduction to 30 seconds. Hopefully we get something longer again.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Crumbletron posted:

Same for my friend and I. Both of us have Prime accounts. Next time I'll just get it from the eShop and eat the $10 Prime discount.

Exactly why I did it. It was cheaper to order and have it delivered to my door than go halfway across town to Walmart.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Contacting Amazon customer support might get an extra credit on your bill for missing the ship date.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
i'm going to play dungeons and dragons tonight and then go to the game store at midnight to buy it
lawyers, you can use this post in my future divorce proceedings

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Dehry posted:

Contacting Amazon customer support might get an extra credit on your bill for missing the ship date.

It very well might, and I'll definitely do it, but it's a bit besides the point. Like I know it's really not that big of a deal but it leaves me in a weird limbo where I don't want to go out and buy the opposite version because the game may or may not come later in the day.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

on the bored wop posted:

I'm pretty sure that Moon turns to day at 6pm, so Sun would turn to night at that time. Those phases last 12 hours, I think you get some evening/dawn too but it doesn't count towards catchable mons or anything.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So do we know yet when/if the Move Tutor shows up in Sun/Moon?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Relearner, iirc, pops up at an endgame Pokemon Center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

It's shipped now for me, but the Canada Post tracking number...is not in their tracking system.