Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Porpoise With A Purpose posted:

Yeah it seems like the local level democratic party is non-existent here in Kentucky too.

I've sent messages to the state chair (Sannie Overly) and the info@kentuckydemocrats.com and haven't gotten so much as a form reply. It's not hard to see why Kentucky Democrats are getting poo poo stomped in this state if leadership can't be hosed to respond to legitimate inquiries into local and state level politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

docbeard posted:

I assume this is actually going to be the Republican tactic to stave off the 'support Trump on good poo poo and fight him on bad poo poo' plan some Democrats are suggesting.

Expect the 2016 Infrastructure And Also Muslim Concentration Camps Act and the Paid Maternity Leave For All P.S. gently caress Medicare Act.

Yeah, I was just thinking about that last night. It would make a lot of sense for them to try to split up the Democrats' coalitions this way.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
The Clinton campaign's strategy makes perfect sense if you start with the assumption that she will win in at least a 2008-level landslide no matter what.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The Clinton campaign's strategy makes perfect sense if you start with the assumption that she will win in at least a 2008-level landslide no matter what.

With the whole cast of Hamilton behind her how can she lose!

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Yeah, I'm over a week without even a form reply from the state Dems in Iowa. The phone # for their office has gone to voicemail. My congressman's office was better, I got someone live. They took my support for Keith Ellison and told me at this time there are no plans to re-form the house populist caucus atm. I still think this is the best way going forward, so I let them know and hope others do as well.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Jeb! Repetition posted:

SNL had this skit after the whole 'grab her by the pussy' tape came out showing Hillary celebrating with her campaign staff (but pretending to be appalled at the behavior). Kinda think this is what happened and everyone working the campaign went on auto pilot. To think they were MORE incompetent than 2008 (where they didn't understand that you needed to win delegates) is mind boggling.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

lol she's wearing a day/night chronograph watch of some sort.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

zen death robot posted:

Lol if there's anything left to govern after the trumpacolypse

Well, someone has to run for mayor of megaton.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Mister Fister posted:

SNL had this skit after the whole 'grab her by the pussy' tape came out showing Hillary celebrating with her campaign staff (but pretending to be appalled at the behavior). Kinda think this is what happened and everyone working the campaign went on auto pilot. To think they were MORE incompetent than 2008 (where they didn't understand that you needed to win delegates) is mind boggling.

https://twitter.com/BRANDONWARDELL/status/797926755122061312/photo/1

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
http://www.glyphgryph.com/

Making some updates to the (admittedly still very poo poo) website. If anyone has any information for getting involved with their state level or even more local parties after digging around, especially in New York and Texas, please let me know. i'll try to add it all to the website and have something approaching a central directory. For states where there's no online info listing this already, we'll probably create new spreadsheets.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
gee i wonder why the clinton campaign thought they had wisconsin in the bag

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/799323681545711616

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Pollyanna posted:

http://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elepdf/Ward-and-Town-Committee-brochure-2016.pdf

:cripes:

Does it matter which ward I go to, depending on where I live?

I didn't even know there was a brochure to download? What did you click to do that, hahah. The full list is actually right there on the page, no additional link clicks needed, just e-mail the contact point/chair listed for your local area.

Edit: Ah, the town and committee guide - no, just keep scrolling down, ignore the broken link. I'll... see if I can get them to fix that.

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008
Ha, Bernie smacking the DNC around in this speech. Love it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

why is bernie so cool omg

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

ThndrShk2k posted:

Don't assume I don't think global climate change isn't an issue.

Don't also tell me to obey drastically different statistics for this year compared to the statistical average the prior years had.
This years readings from aug-sept and beyond are a total outlier and must be studied without assuming the sky is falling.

If you understood those readings, if those readings are 100% accurate it's more of an issue than even you think.

It's more likely it's bad data due to some issue that happened with the equipment in Aug-Sept, but the cause should be determined accurately first.

Thanks for the same argument that hillary supporters used about her 78% chance of SUPREME VICTORY.

Its instant denial, I really hate the fox and the grapes parable and occams razor. It tends to create lazy ways of thinking, and arctic sea ice is hosed this year. I live there you morons. There isn't magic sensors that see through clouds to rate ice every day, thats like fat people thinking lap bands magically make them skinny.

You can deny reality all you want and blame it on a "sensor". Just like most people want to deny the harsh reality facing them every day. You can be in denial all you want, but the reality of earth is, puffins are already dying off because of this, polar bears are only surviving because my tribe gives them table scraps from the whales we hunt.

Man, white people suck

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

old mad dude but not a bigot about it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fiction posted:

Who are we going to fight in WWIII? The European Union? A second civil war is probably more likely at this juncture.

canada and mexico at the same time w/ our allies russia and cuba

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Here's the only event I've found in New York so far:

quote:

Young Democrats Issue Assembly
Tue, November 29, 6:45pm – 9:00pm
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/myd-november-issues-assembly-tickets-29400006210

Since the main New York contact points seem worthless, I'm gonna see if the Young Democrats groups have any human beings willing to answer questions.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pomp posted:

old mad dude but not a bigot about it

He has been doing this for a while, it's not surprising he's gotten pretty good at it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

GlyphGryph posted:

http://www.glyphgryph.com/

Making some updates to the (admittedly still very poo poo) website. If anyone has any information for getting involved with their state level or even more local parties after digging around, especially in New York and Texas, please let me know. i'll try to add it all to the website and have something approaching a central directory. For states where there's no online info listing this already, we'll probably create new spreadsheets.

I'm probably one of the best points of contact for Arizona. PM me. I have more contacts in the Phoenix/Maricopa County area.

The basic level of meeting is at the LD level in Maricopa and Pima county, otherwise it's county meetings only.
http://www.azdem.org/county-legislative-district-committees
Here's the calendar
http://www.azdem.org/calendar

The basic level of power in the party is the Precinct Committeeman. You can be either appointed or elected. Only elected PC's can vote at the LD level, but elections are every two years so it's too late for now.
Being appointed is easy if you show up more than twice. Being elected is a pain, you fill out a form, get it notarized, and then collect 10 signatures from democrats in your neighborhood.
http://recorder.maricopa.gov/electi...mmitteemen.aspx

Run for State Committee. At least in Maricopa County, for every two elected PCs, they get one State Committee slot. Again, attendance is a big help for this.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

GlyphGryph posted:

I didn't even know there was a brochure to download? What did you click to do that, hahah. The full list is actually right there on the page, no additional link clicks needed, just e-mail the contact point/chair listed for your local area.

Edit: Ah, the town and committee guide - no, just keep scrolling down, ignore the broken link. I'll... see if I can get them to fix that.

Looks like I'm Ward 1. The chair has a Comcast email. Cool.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

GlyphGryph posted:

Here's the only event I've found in New York so far:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/myd-november-issues-assembly-tickets-29400006210

Since the main New York contact points seem worthless, I'm gonna see if the Young Democrats groups have any human beings willing to answer questions.

New Kings Democrats over in Brooklyn have an emergency meeting:

Saturday at 11 AM - 2 PM
YWCA Brooklyn
30 3rd Ave, Brooklyn, New York 11217

https://www.facebook.com/events/329046284141885/

I'll be attending to try to get information about how hosed up the party in this state is and the prospects for building a movement to unfuck it.

Terrorist Fistbump has issued a correction as of 20:22 on Nov 17, 2016

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm probably one of the best points of contact for Arizona. PM me. I have more contacts in the Phoenix/Maricopa County area.

I will, thanks for the info.

Also, For anyone in New York, specifically Queens:

There's an event TONIGHT.

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=02412ae565eb902cda02e2c62&id=6f51501bb5

Cobblestones Pub in Kew Gardens, explicitly to "to discuss our next steps: as young people, as a chapter and as members of the Democratic party."

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

GlyphGryph posted:

I will, thanks for the info.

Also, For anyone in New York, specifically Queens:

There's an event TONIGHT.

http://us4.campaign-archive1.com/?u=02412ae565eb902cda02e2c62&id=6f51501bb5

Cobblestones Pub in Kew Gardens, explicitly to "to discuss our next steps: as young people, as a chapter and as members of the Democratic party."

i think I will stop in on this

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sorry to hear about anyone getting no response from their local Dem orgs. I was at least able to leave my contact info with an actual human. :sadpeanut:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
The PSL is also doing a community march in East Harlem on Sunday (noon at 116 and Lexington). Will be interesting to see what the turnout is like. I only heard of the PSL last week.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Hey, what was this link supposed to be? That's not right.

Also, thanks a ton for not just the contact info but actually explaining how things work. I've updated the website.

GlyphGryph has issued a correction as of 20:37 on Nov 17, 2016

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

The Vinja Ninja posted:

~Intense Cobbing~

Man, white people suck

Oh no I met someone who understands stastics and measurement, I must cob!

White people :argh:

As I said, if the readings are 100% correct and not due to a change in how they consider ice coverage globally and the sensors are fine, then unless it spikes back up then we're in for a situation that is sooner than even you think.

Basically what I'm saying is lets get analysis and have someone figure out why there's such a stark comparison compared to even the most recent worst year for this time period: 2006, 10 years ago.
This kind of poo poo doesn't just happen with our current models and if it does then Florida is probably gone in 6-18 months barring any spike back to average.

It is statistically more likely based on data from many many centuries that such a stark change is very very unlikely, even outside of our current recordkeeping stats.
Now once you find a cause and have more data and explanation for the issue, then we can tackle it.

In the meantime, it's just concerning.

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 21:22 on Nov 17, 2016

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

GlyphGryph posted:

Hey, what was this link supposed to be? That's not right.

Also, thanks a ton for not just the contact info but actually explaining how things work. I've updated the website.

http://recorder.maricopa.gov/elections/precinctcommitteemen.aspx

http://recorder.maricopa.gov/elections/precinctcommitteemen.aspx

One thing I want to add is the reason to get on the State Committee. They're the ones who elect the chairs, who are the ones who vote for the DNC chair.
These things aren't always decided by a landslide, and a convincing argument one way or the other might actually change a vote at the national level.

Getting involved at this level puts you basically on par with someone who drops a few thousand dollars a year into political races as far as influence goes.

Dr. Arbitrary has issued a correction as of 20:41 on Nov 17, 2016

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Except for all those wins in congress and at the state level.

Eh, I think the most credit for those wins lie at the local level, though.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ThndrShk2k posted:

As I said, if the readings are 100% correct and not due to a change in how they consider ice coverage globally and the sensors are fine, then unless it spikes back up then we're in for a situation that is sooner even you think.

Basically what I'm saying is lets get analysis and have someone figure out why there's such a stark comparison compared to even the most recent worst year for this time period: 2006, 10 years ago.
This kind of poo poo doesn't just happen with our current models and if it does then Florida is probably gone in 6-18 months barring any spike back to average.

It is statistically more likely based on data from many many centuries that such a stark change is very very unlikely, even outside of our current recordkeeping stats.
Now once you find a cause and have more data and explanation for the issue, then we can tackle it.

you're insufferable

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

anime was right posted:

gonna own when he is president 4 years from now :bernin:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ThndrShk2k posted:

As I said, if the readings are 100% correct and not due to a change in how they consider ice coverage globally and the sensors are fine, then unless it spikes back up then we're in for a situation that is sooner even you think.

do you read what you post

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Pomp posted:

you're insufferable
I try to match my replies when possible.

He could've just argued that Arctic Ice is at an issue, which it's rather warm up north this fall season, at least where I live in Maine

But global? That that would imply Antarctic is also having a similar issue in which then it'll produce a cascading effect once summer starts hitting unless it snaps back to average, which with the trend it's going on it's rather unknown that if it will, assuming the current trend is not just an outlier for this year.

I understand the significance of the claim he's trying to make, and it's close to doomsday

e:
vvv
:agreed:

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 21:00 on Nov 17, 2016

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

There's a thread in D&D better suited to bringing up climate change arguments.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750508

Unless it has some direct relevance to the failures of the Democratic Party or attempts to fix them, it doesn't seem particularly relevant here.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

a new CSPAM climate change thread sounds potentially funny/unfunny but always depressing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nonsense posted:

a new CSPAM climate change thread sounds potentially funny/unfunny but always depressing.

So a CSPAM thread then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So a CSPAM thread then?

its funny when you drink

its depressing when you're sober

hope this helps improve your posting experience

other than yes, i would recommend moving climate change talk to a new thread but give it that c-spam twist :discourse:

keep it about the democrat purge of 2017~

• Locked thread