Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The older medical students used to serve the new batch pea soup laced with methyl blue I think? Anyway something that made them all piss a funny colour the next morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I can't help you out with purple, but I got pyridium once, and the nurse who warned me "it might tint your urine amber-ish" was understating juuuuust a little:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenazopyridine

I was peeing what looked like orange Hi-C for a few days. It also can turn your eyes yellow and stain contact lenses :stonklol:

Well, try not to pee in your own eyes for those few days. Problem solved. :colbert:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Mustached Demon posted:

If you're worried your pee might be too basic drink some Phenolphthalein. If it turns your pee pink you need to drink more acids.

if you're worried your pee might be too basic drink something other than PSLs for a while

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Yeah, as long as your kidneys are functioning you bodily fluids should always be at the right pH.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Also your pee has a wide normal pH range anyway.

It's really hard to gently caress up your pee unless you have kidney disease or a UTI. Turns out your kidneys are really good at their jobs.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
When I had my first kidney transplant, my room had a small chart on the wall of what different pee colors meant, chemically. That was absolutely the most interesting thing to 17 year old me.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I remember when I got a kidney stone my doctor prescribed a medication to help it pass. He warned me that it might make my urine have a "slight orange tint"

Slight my loving rear end. I was pissing orange Gatorade.

Life hack: get a kidney stone and prank your friends by putting orange piss in a Gatorade bottle and stick it in the fridge.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

swordfish duelist posted:

I remember when I got a kidney stone my doctor prescribed a medication to help it pass. He warned me that it might make my urine have a "slight orange tint"

Life hack: get a kidney stone and prank your friends by putting orange piss in a Gatorade bottle and stick it in the fridge.

Yeah pyridine is nuts, it not only looks EXACTLY like orange gatorade but it stains really bad so watch out for splash back

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I got green poop from antibiotics once.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Haifisch posted:

Also your pee has a wide normal pH range anyway.

It's really hard to gently caress up your pee unless you have kidney disease or a UTI. Turns out your kidneys are really good at their jobs.

Yeah it varies a lot due to your kidneys regulating bicarb in your blood.

Phenolphthalein changes to pink a bit over healthy range but that's unimportant because it's a good laxative. Was used as one before better laxatives came along.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I am genuinely enjoying this pee-talkin'.

I pissed blood for about a week once. It turns out I had a kidney infection! I almost died because the doctor told me I just had my period and not to be so dramatic. Japanese medical care isn't always as good as you might expect.

e: I was in the hospital for two weeks and they made me measure all of my bodily outputs. LIFEHACK: embarrass the poo poo out of someone by bursting into their hospital room and loudly saying, "HOW MANY TIMES YOU STOOL TODAY?" at them while they are talking to their boyfriend.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

AlmightyBob posted:

Yeah pyridine is nuts, it not only looks EXACTLY like orange gatorade but it stains really bad so watch out for splash back

poo poo, yeah, I forgot about that part, too. I was in the hospital for completely unrelated reasons but got a bad UTI while there. By the end of day three, the toilet in my room had a distinct Sunny D yellow ring in the bowl. The stuff stains porcelain.

PYF Stupid Peehacks

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ensign Expendable posted:

I got green poop from antibiotics once.

I was on a round for a kidney infection, and I didn't eat when I took my pill like I was supposed to. I threw up a huge amount of dark green, almost black, thick bile. It was like crude oil. That was a disturbing experience.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

swordfish duelist posted:

it's easier to prank your friends by adding food coloring to your urine but I admire your dedication

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

it's easier to prank your friends by adding food coloring to your urine but I admire your dedication

Statements like this make me feel like I'm going to the wrong parties. I don't have anyone to share my spectral urine with! :smith:

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

Picnic Princess posted:

I was on a round for a kidney infection, and I didn't eat when I took my pill like I was supposed to. I threw up a huge amount of dark green, almost black, thick bile. It was like crude oil. That was a disturbing experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z2O289Jemo&t=213s

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I had a stent installed between my right kidney and my bladder for a week or so earlier this year. Not recommended. You end up peeing blood the whole time and the removal process is distinctly unpleasant.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Jerry Cotton posted:

The older medical students used to serve the new batch pea soup laced with methyl blue I think? Anyway something that made them all piss a funny colour the next morning.
Methylene blue, yeah

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I have green poops because I drink more red wine than I eat food by volume

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Kwyndig posted:

I had a stent installed between my right kidney and my bladder for a week or so earlier this year. Not recommended. You end up peeing blood the whole time and the removal process is distinctly unpleasant.

It was earlier than that for me, but can confirm.

Also, the green poops come from too much iron in your diet.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

Or large quantities of leafy greens, or too much green food colouring, or infection, or certain medical conditions, or antibiotics, or certain dietary supplements...

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Hey guys, how about we talk about Lifehacks instead of literally discussing your piss and poo poo

Unless, of course, there's something you can do involving bread tags and feces.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

It was earlier than that for me, but can confirm.

or drinking a large quantity of grape soda.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

AlmightyBob posted:

lifehack: it also TASTES exactly like orange gatorade

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Here is a life hack I like to do and I did it a lot as a kid. You get an avocado thats ripe, slice it up and put it into a zip lock baggie, or a plastic sandwich bag. Whatever is on hand. Then you can squish it up real easy without getting a bowl and fork dirty, and when its all squished, tip the tip off a corner of the bag. Then you can squeeze the squished avocado onto a piece of bread very neatly. That way you can have avocado on your sandwich without all the avocado slices slipping around and out your sandwich!

Sandwich = hacked!

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

FFT posted:

Methylene blue, yeah

IIRC, there was an episode of M*A*S*H wherein Hawkeye and the gang get rid of an irritating CO by dosing his food with methylene blue and convincing him that he had some horrible blue pee disease and therefore needed to leave.

take me you ANIMAL posted:

I have green poops because I drink more red wine than I eat food by volume

I am strangely relieved to find I'm not the only one that happens to. If I kill a 750 of red wine by myself, it's forest green poop the next morning. Why is that?

Non Serviam posted:

Hey guys, how about we talk about Lifehacks instead of literally discussing your piss and poo poo

Can I post a real, legit lifehack? I discovered yesterday that if you get caught in the ouroboros that is USPS's phone tree and want to talk to a real human being, the key is to say the word "agent". Figured what with the holidays and SA Secret Santas and such coming up, that might be helpful to other goons who look at their tracking and go "wtf" like I did yesterday after sending some SA-mart stuff out.

As for the second part of your post: put bread tags in a blender, then sprinkle them on your food. Walla! Festive confetti poop!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Can I post a real, legit lifehack? I discovered yesterday that if you get caught in the ouroboros that is USPS's phone tree and want to talk to a real human being, the key is to say the word "agent". Figured what with the holidays and SA Secret Santas and such coming up, that might be helpful to other goons who look at their tracking and go "wtf" like I did yesterday after sending some SA-mart stuff out.

For phone trees in general, you can either mash 0 (sometimes that just makes it hang up on you) and I've actually had one or two give me a real person when I started swearing at it. :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lifehack: don't want to actually interact with customers? Make them go through a tree of options so they hang up in frustration before getting to a real person. Be sure to make the hold music stop every 20 seconds for a message about how you can go online to solve the problem yourself. Only the truly dedicated people will stick around long enough to bother your employees.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8APcOfiROU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
(Kinda)
Sterile Surface

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Len posted:

Lifehack: don't want to actually interact with customers? Make them go through a tree of options so they hang up in frustration before getting to a real person. Be sure to make the hold music stop every 20 seconds for a message about how you can go online to solve the problem yourself. Only the truly dedicated people will stick around long enough to bother your employees.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/29/it_helpdesk_creates_oh_hold_hell/

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kaethela posted:

For phone trees in general, you can either mash 0 (sometimes that just makes it hang up on you) and I've actually had one or two give me a real person when I started swearing at it. :v:

I noticed on AT&T for U-verse they connect you to an operator if the bot listening to you can't understand what you're saying enough times. Just saying random poo poo that doesn't match the menu options or "Can I speak to a human?" over and over connects you to a human operator at a certain point.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This is solid, gently caress sales calls.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

I poop yellow bread tags, since someone told me eating them daily prevents kidney problems.

LIFEHACKED!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

chitoryu12 posted:

I noticed on AT&T for U-verse they connect you to an operator if the bot listening to you can't understand what you're saying enough times. Just saying random poo poo that doesn't match the menu options or "Can I speak to a human?" over and over connects you to a human operator at a certain point.

I had one once which said "We're sorry, all our operators are busy at the moment. Please try again later." *click* and hung up on me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

value-brand cereal posted:

Here is a life hack I like to do and I did it a lot as a kid. You get an avocado thats ripe, slice it up and put it into a zip lock baggie, or a plastic sandwich bag. Whatever is on hand. Then you can squish it up real easy without getting a bowl and fork dirty, and when its all squished, tip the tip off a corner of the bag. Then you can squeeze the squished avocado onto a piece of bread very neatly. That way you can have avocado on your sandwich without all the avocado slices slipping around and out your sandwich!

Sandwich = hacked!

But avocado slices taste better. :confused:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Non Serviam posted:

Well, actually.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Platystemon posted:

My entire family mashes avocado to use it like a spread, and they think I'm the weird one for just putting slices of avocado in a sandwich.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Platystemon posted:

How?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

I would especially advise people to heed this advice since USPS seems to be doing a dogshit job lately. I've had to call them three times for two different packages over the last couple weeks because they keep loving up. Probably going to have to raise hell again soon as I've had a package stuck at the Los Angeles ISC for almost a goddamn week now.