Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I like that many tournaments are using he simple radar mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

:laffo: Semmler's outfit owns :laffo:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smol posted:

:laffo: Semmler's outfit owns :laffo:
I want him to look like this at every event. :allears:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Dazed is also really natural on camera. He could easily become a top analyst in the scene if valve would let him.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Smol posted:

Dazed is also really natural on camera. He could easily become a top analyst in the scene if valve would let him.

Wow this is so good

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

Smol posted:

He is really, really good and it's a shame he doesn't want to do it full time. I'm excited to see him and Yanko on the desk together when they get to the stadium.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Miles better than thoring

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

dex_sda posted:

Miles better than thoring

SEriously. Crazy how you can talk about players in terms other than "lovely" and "amazing".

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Thorins more of a 'historian' than an analyst. Too bad he gets used as the latter.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://youtu.be/rbSpirH91aM play this at 2x speed and watch dazed. he's come a long way lol

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

mcvey posted:

Thorins more of a 'historian' than an analyst. Too bad he gets used as the latter.

Thorin is a loving retard.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

he gets used as the latter because an esports historian is the sort of job you'd put on a parody cv

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Hoshi posted:

I like watching pros but never know when stuff is on. Is there anywhere that has aggregated event schedules?

Avios esports ticker is great. I'm kinda in the same boat in that I just don't give a drat about what teams are actually playing/winning, so I just click it, and it shows me all esports events happening at the time, for the games I selected.

https://abiosgaming.com/notification-center

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dex_sda posted:

he gets used as the latter because an esports historian is the sort of job you'd put on a parody cv

are you even a historian if you are just remembering things you were there for?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

He's more like that guy who's always in the pub watching football. He knows all the results and he follows the gossip. I dunno maybe he has a phd in counterstrike studies from Harvard but I doubt it.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Goofballs posted:

He's more like that guy who's always in the pub watching football. He knows all the results and he follows the gossip.

That's a good way of putting it imo

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
if bill simmons and skip bayless had a child

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Thorin is crass and annoying and a shitheel a lot or most of the time, but as much as it pains me to say it he usually knows what he's talking about

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

Thorin is crass and annoying and a shitheel a lot or most of the time, but as much as it pains me to say it he usually knows what he's talking about

He doesn't exactly break the mold with his hot takes. Pretty hard to get "niko is a good player" and "NA teams are bad" wrong

Edit: then again, he was one of the people making fun of c9 even after stewie was performing so nevermind he's actually still thick as pigshit

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 18, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
taco is going so hard wtf

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

stump collector posted:

taco is going so hard wtf

he's the new krimz imo. put him and cold on a site, and that site is closed down.

edit: taco had an awp? and was getting kills? what is this world

edit2: taco with the deagle clutch :aaa:

edit3: seriously why cant SK do T side anymore

TACOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 18, 2016

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

6 months ago I thought taco was the worst player on SK :chloe:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Terrific Accident posted:

6 months ago I thought taco was the worst player on SK :chloe:

He still is probably. But he improved from "anchor" to pretty decent. His form when first picked up by Luminosity was dreadful, the worst Tier 1 pickup I've ever seen. But I guess we're seeing now the basis he was picked up on, just took a long time to find his feet or smth.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

He still is probably. But he improved from "anchor" to pretty decent. His form when first picked up by Luminosity was dreadful, the worst Tier 1 pickup I've ever seen. But I guess we're seeing now the basis he was picked up on, just took a long time to find his feet or smth.

he has games when he outplays FNX and Fer though. I think SK is pretty equal skillwise right now.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003
It's been said before but I love Dazed's segments so much. I'm sure YNK has similar analysis but I never feel as enlightened. Maybe it's the way he says/presents things.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

FaZe is making me so happy this tournament.

Kio...wasn't the problem. :unsmith:

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

pankus posted:

It's been said before but I love Dazed's segments so much. I'm sure YNK has similar analysis but I never feel as enlightened. Maybe it's the way he says/presents things.

This has convinced me the IBP guys should have more reasonable sentences.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
jesus christ i wanna play this game again so loving bad

stump collector
May 28, 2007

leave steel banned imo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Free Brax

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

stump collector posted:

leave steel banned imo

That

symbolic posted:

Free Brax

And this are the right call.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Phosphene posted:

That

And this are the right call.

:agreed:

I do wonder if there would have been more high profile matchfixing if their punishment wasn't as severe. Assuming there is next to none right now, that is.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

I buy tickets to IEM Oakland because I live in the bay area, and I say, what the hell, I like Team Liquid, I'll get behind them. Buy a cap and I'll bring a mouse pad to try and get it signed. And then they lose in groups! OK, I'll cheer for C9 instead, they're also NA. And then they also lose in groups! NA CS!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Gilg posted:

I buy tickets to IEM Oakland because I live in the bay area, and I say, what the hell, I like Team Liquid, I'll get behind them. Buy a cap and I'll bring a mouse pad to try and get it signed. And then they lose in groups! OK, I'll cheer for C9 instead, they're also NA. And then they also lose in groups! NA CS!
Cheer for FaZe so I'm not alone. :smith:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

Cheer for FaZe so I'm not alone. :smith:

im mad they beat SK :saddowns:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://clips.twitch.tv/steel_tv/CrowdedPenguinOMGScoots

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

what is a bogdan

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

real dilemma posted:

what is a bogdan
An incredibly bad and I think also toxic NA Rank S player that no one in Rank S likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Bogdan essentially lives to troll steel, which works for me.