Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
In Burrito Bison are you supposed to tap at the end of the like punchy robot upgrade or the barrel shooting upgrade? It slows down and zooms in like I'm supposed to do something to get a final speed boost but it always blows up and I have no idea if that's just what happens or if I'm loving up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Stan Taylor posted:

In Burrito Bison are you supposed to tap at the end of the like punchy robot upgrade or the barrel shooting upgrade? It slows down and zooms in like I'm supposed to do something to get a final speed boost but it always blows up and I have no idea if that's just what happens or if I'm loving up.

Nah, I think the zoom-in is just the game saying "you did the little minigame correctly, here's an additional speed boost". For dramatic effect, essentially.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
So, The Quest - yay or nay?. It's 11 bucks up here in Canadaland. I've never spent that much on an Android game before.

Capilarean
Apr 10, 2009

Canuckistan posted:

So, The Quest - yay or nay?. It's 11 bucks up here in Canadaland. I've never spent that much on an Android game before.

Now, I've only played the PPC version way back, but I remember having a lot of fun with it. It's a pretty solid dungeon-crawler with an open-world feel to it, there's quite a lot of content to it too, so unless they added some IAPs or something equally dreadful, I'd say go for it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, got kind of a weird situation: I have two google accounts, Main and secondary. I get rewards into the main account, and by and large just use that one on my phone. The other day, I accidentally was signed into my secondary account (through chrome, on my desktop) when I downloaded Free Cell Quest. So, now when I try to buy the extra free cell option in-game, it defaults to my secondary account which has no survey bucks.

The first thing I tried to do was uninstall the game, ensure I was signed into my main account, and redownload it. That didn't change anything, aside from erasing my progress.

How do I fix this? Can I share my balance across accounts?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I bought the magnet powerup.
It doesn't seem to do anything.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not sure if I'm behind the times on this one, but I'd like to point out Pixel Tree.

A cute little buy-X-to-make-Y-to-make-Z kinda game with some cute pixel graphics, it's got a little puzzle aspect to it (specifically, figuring out how to fit all the rooms you've built on your tree) that I've found charming. IAP doesn't come as freely as I like (you can't increase the size of your tree without tree trinkets, which are 20 IAP a pop). I think I might need to restart because I've kinda gimped my playthrough: When I needed to make Ys out of Xs, I always made new Xs to make Y. Since I'm quite a ways down the production chain, I'm finding I'm running out of space to build things.

If you're more into idle games, I've recently found Idle Miner Tycoon, which I like because instead of just dealing with one vector of play, you're dealing with three. You have to balance the amount of stuff you're mining with the capacity to bring it to the surface, and the rate in which you can cart off the ore to be sold. The game is pretty good about letting the player get a feel for this balance; never does the game tell you that you've got a backlog of ore that needs to be sold. There's an IAP but I've been noticing that it keeps going up through random play, so that's good.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

IAmTheRad posted:

I bought the magnet powerup.
It doesn't seem to do anything.

It's a gradual increase in magnet power, so the first few points in it aren't very impressive. Once you get it upgraded some more it's a big difference though.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

MisterBibs posted:

If you're more into idle games, I've recently found Idle Miner Tycoon, which I like because instead of just dealing with one vector of play, you're dealing with three. You have to balance the amount of stuff you're mining with the capacity to bring it to the surface, and the rate in which you can cart off the ore to be sold. The game is pretty good about letting the player get a feel for this balance; never does the game tell you that you've got a backlog of ore that needs to be sold. There's an IAP but I've been noticing that it keeps going up through random play, so that's good.

Yeah, that's actually pretty good as an idle game. You get more IAP currency by reaching level milestones, which means every mine shaft is an extra vein to tap and every new mine type will get you lots more to work with given enough starter cash to pump levels and buy managers. There's no real need to spend any of it if you don't want to, though, and the only thing in the store that can only be bought with real money is a x2 multiplier, nothing that would really enable an insurmountable wall like in Egg, Inc.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
That Batman Arkham-like third person Warhammer 40k adventure game Eisenhorn: XENOS is out now for Android.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 18, 2016

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Finkle is Eisenhorn

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, got kind of a weird situation: I have two google accounts, Main and secondary. I get rewards into the main account, and by and large just use that one on my phone. The other day, I accidentally was signed into my secondary account (through chrome, on my desktop) when I downloaded Free Cell Quest. So, now when I try to buy the extra free cell option in-game, it defaults to my secondary account which has no survey bucks.

The first thing I tried to do was uninstall the game, ensure I was signed into my main account, and redownload it. That didn't change anything, aside from erasing my progress.

Nope. Only one of your accounts owns the game, so it's the only one that'll purchase IAPs. Allowing money to move between accounts sounds pretty dangerous, to be honest.

Edit: Unless it's free, at which point I'm not sure, but you might have to sign out of your one Google account to force the store to "rebuy" it on the correct account.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Was this on desktop or mobile. Check in the Play Store app on your phone, which account is active in the nav drawer? Make sure this is correct and then download it again.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tunga posted:

Was this on desktop or mobile. Check in the Play Store app on your phone, which account is active in the nav drawer? Make sure this is correct and then download it again.

Yeah, when I was in the Play store, I made sure that I was browsing while using my main account (after uninstalling the game). I re-downloaded the game, but no go.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Yeah, when I was in the Play store, I made sure that I was browsing while using my main account (after uninstalling the game). I re-downloaded the game, but no go.

You'll want to just sign out of the other account get the app and then resign in. Google Play is weird like that.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

I run into this all the time for the same reason. I have found that if I uninstall the game and then use the desktop website to buy the game on the correct account it works best. But I have still had to do it a few times. Luckily this has really only been a problem for me with free games so "purchasing" it with the other account hasn't cost me anything.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trastion posted:

I run into this all the time for the same reason. I have found that if I uninstall the game and then use the desktop website to buy the game on the correct account it works best.

This is actually what I just did and it worked. Apparently, just simply switching accounts in the Play app doesn't seem to take, but browsing and downloading from the desktop Play site works (first time, too).

Hooray for now having the option for two cells in Free Cell Quest! :toot:

This game is like crack to me.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

This is actually what I just did and it worked. Apparently, just simply switching accounts in the Play app doesn't seem to take, but browsing and downloading from the desktop Play site works (first time, too).

Hooray for now having the option for two cells in Free Cell Quest! :toot:

This game is like crack to me.

I just wish it would stop refusing to install on my zenfone 2 :(

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008
Regarding Burrito Bison, how does the riding the worm mechanic work. Still can't figure it out.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

jackchaos posted:

Regarding Burrito Bison, how does the riding the worm mechanic work. Still can't figure it out.

Press screen to go down, collect as many underground guys as possible to increase the reward of getting the diamond. If you can catch one at the end of the run it's an almost guaranteed way to bust through the door.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

You will all have a better time playing not timegated adfilled crap. Humble Bundle filled with boardgames is still up.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Skyforce reloaded is pretty great. There's gotta be a catch, whats the catch?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Knifegrab posted:

Stage 5.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
And nightmare mode. Holy poo poo.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Knifegrab posted:

Stuff gets crazy expensive. My cheapest available upgrade right now is over 3000 coins, and main gun upgrade is over 10k.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Beat it on my first try. :smuggo:

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Not sure if this one has been mentioned before but I downloaded it on a whim and it is drat fun.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saterskog.cell_lab&hl=en_GB

Cell Lab is a fun simulation game where you are a scientist messing with assorted single cells to solve the criteria given to you. You have various cells with various functions from cells that eat by photosynthesis to cells that eat by eating other dead cells to cells that absorb other cells themselves, as well as infecting cells and movement cells and even more complex ones. In one challenge you may need to create an organism that can survive in an area where the conditions are ideal and there is plenty of light, not a problem, a single photosynethsis cell will work fine. In later levels you will need a cell that can move around, be defeneded from other cells and your aim will be to outcompete them. Its a tricky puzzle game and the graphics are simple but serviceable. If you liked spacechem and other games that require tweaking and such and wish to watch your little organism grow and thrive in a petri dish, this game is definately worth trying. Its free too!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Anyone here using an 8bitdo NES or SNES Bluetooth controller without rooting? It says on the site that you shouldn't need root to use it unless you want to play certain games off of the Play store, but for emulators, it should work just fine.

I had thought that Bluetooth was all weird and hosed up and locked down since something like Android 4.1, did that change?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
When does Skyforce Reloaded let you add others? The little Commander Keen looking icon is red.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

It's super grindy and repetitive. Great mechanics, and very well made, but I hope you like playing levels over and over

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

When does Skyforce Reloaded let you add others? The little Commander Keen looking icon is red.

The Commander Keen thing is something unlocked through achievements, as you progress you unlock pilots with small benefits (a few extra stars per mission, first hit doesn't count towards "not a scratch. The friend thing is hidden over the upgrade shop, the little pedestal thing. There's a button to add friends.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Lego Harry Potters Year 1-4 and Year 5-7 are on sale for 50 cents, probably because of the new movie out.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

Lego Harry Potters Year 1-4 and Year 5-7 are on sale for 50 cents, probably because of the new movie out.

Are these worth it, on an LG G4

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Are these worth it, on an LG G4

They should probably run fine, though unlike more recent Lego games these are ports of the PSP versions of the games and not the console versions.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

MisterBibs posted:

On the main menu with the world map, tap on the "leaderboard" button above and between the level-start and upgrade buttons. That will take you to your friends list, and there's an entry/button on the list for "add more friends".

big mean giraffe posted:

It's super grindy and repetitive. Great mechanics, and very well made, but I hope you like playing levels over and over

In a sense, yes, it's very repetitive. However, I think the way they designed the repetition works well as a gameplay loop. The strategies that I employ on each level change as I grow more powerful, and with the levels having multiple goals there is also replayability in terms of what strategies work best when trying to achieve different goals.

I also totally understand if someone finds this part of the game grating and crappy. There are tons of mobile games that I feel this way about; I guess Skyforce just does it in a way I find enjoyable :v:

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
It's a bit back but if people still play legions I apped the clan as Some Zilch

Dancer
May 23, 2011
BTW since we're talking grinding: The best level for stars is level 9. If you can consistently finish a lower level at a difficulty than you can consistently finish 9, then maybe you should go for the other one, but once you become able to, 9 is where you want to grind.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Please add me on Skyforce reloaded so I don't have to read back through like 20 pages for codes.

11 21 78 93

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rapner posted:

Please add me on Skyforce reloaded so I don't have to read back through like 20 pages for codes.

11 21 78 93
As far as I can tell friends are one way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Yeah, to get the full benefits both people need to add each other. Fwiw, I was the first to post my number, so if you go back enough to find mine you know you can stop looking.